AuthorMessage
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Sweden
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Ciao Lorenzo.   Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:08 am

Sorry Gio, I agree with you we're off topic here. But since everyone made there last post I hope I'm entitled to mine as well, as I feel I have to answer some questions directed at me.

Roman_Eagle wrote:
First of all before bashing Lotito ask yourselves do we have another option for a sponsor and president? cause right now I can't see any. So for better or worse we have one and we are stuck with him. Call me an idiot but it's better to support our president than to talk sh*t about him. Yes - he is not the best president we had or could have had - there is no doubt about that!

I respect your opinion and I understand how you think. But I also understand the other way of seeing it. If you see a fault in something you love and stop complain about it, to some people it means giving up there passion. If you're unhappy with something in a relationship you do everything you possibly can to correct it. Giving the other person "right" would be very dangerous, because then that person would continue thinking it's the right thing to do.

Call it naive and romantic, but I believe that's a pretty comman way of seeing it. Then there is always a question where and how to speak your mind. In my case I've decided not to discuss Lotito here, because I think that would be pointless and harm to much. Exception tonight. Very Happy

Roman_Eagle wrote:
About LDS: Lotito did the right thing - we don't need him right now, we have a good quality RB and we have a good exp replacement - Scaloni plus Sivigla could play RB if needed. My guess about the situation is that- Lotito offered a contract to LDS but he refused it because he didn't get what he wanted but the real thing is you can't pay a big amount to a reserve player no matter how talented is he

For me De Silvestri was not a right back. He was a symbol for Lazio, the supporters and Lazialitá. I preferred him over Lichtsteiner any day, as he was the last hope for a real bandiera in Lazio. That's where I have a problem.

Did Lotito do the right thing purely economical? Yes, no doubt about that. Lorenzo is far from a top player.

Roman_Eagle wrote:
About Pandev: Yes he is a great player and helped us a lot - no doubt! There were numerous news about Lotito offering a new contract but pandev still refused to sign. But Pandev indicated last year that this would be his last season here and IMO the simple reason he refused to sign is that he will be an unattractive player for the big clubs. Why? Well a player ho has just signed a 4-5 year deal is twice or three times more expensive than a player with 1 year remaining. Pandev just thought or was tipped not to sign and he will be bought by someone

You might be right. I guess we'll never know.

Roman_Eagle wrote:
Weninhno is surely right about no legend working in the club and the bad treatment of the players. But also don't forget Stendardo was benched because he had a fight with Rossi. No Lotito fault there! Plus Muta was also sidelined because Rossi didn't want him in the squad. And how is Lotito to blame about that?

Sure, you're right about mr Rossis part of it. However, Rossi's responsability stopped when he told Lotito that the players were not a part of the team. It was not Rossi's decision to leave them out of training and the legal actions were not directed at Rossi, but the club.

I don't defend Stendardo in any way, quite the opposite actually. I'm just saying it's a bit strange to leave him and the other players out.

Roman_Eagle wrote:
Lotito is a business man and anyone who doesn't fit in his plan is been removed from the club. We all know that he is in the club not because he loves Lazio but because he sees an opportunity to make money. Fine by me as longs as Lazio goes forward and Lazio does move forward.?

I strongly disagree. Lazio can never ever allow someone to make money of it. The club belongs to it's supporters, no one else. For me that would be like trading trophys for soul and passion.

Then, I strongly doubt that Lazio is moving forward. If we take a close look of what Lotito has done with the team compared to last year, I can't see where it's better. Actually I think our squad has moved two, three steps backwards.

The defence looked terrible last season and needed to be reinforced. Now De Silvestri and Rozehnal are gone, two players just outside the starting eleven adding dept to the squad. I'm still having a hard time understanding how that's possible when no replacement has been bought.

Ledesma has been our most important player for the last two seasons. Now he is left outside the team, and instead we play with Baronio. With all the respect for Baronio, that change is probobly costing us 50 % of the quality on our central midfield.

Goran Pandev - Julio Cruz. Ok, I can accept that. Cruz is actually a great signing. The same goes of course for Zárate and Matuzalem.

But my point is that only the great results in the beginning of the season keeps us from seeing that our team is weeker. Against Atalanta mr Ballardini got the best out of the squad he had. The truth is that we're gonna have to defend 1-0 against mid-table teams.

Luckily Ballardini seems to be some kind of tactical genius able to collect points closing the games. That's what is saving us so far.

Ok Gio, now i'm done. Sorry. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Ciao Lorenzo.   Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:45 pm

Glad you got that off your chest Johann! Surprised

Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 20
Country and city : Austria
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Ciao Lorenzo.   Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 pm

ciao lolo! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Legionarivs
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 3
Country and city : Europe
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Ciao Lorenzo.   Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 am

Quote :
WELDINHO:

For me De Silvestri was not a right back. He was a symbol for Lazio, the supporters and Lazialitá. I preferred him over Lichtsteiner any day, as he was the last hope for a real bandiera in Lazio. That's where I have a problem.

Did Lotito do the right thing purely economical? Yes, no doubt about that. Lorenzo is far from a top player.

Can't agree more.. We lost one of our youngsters..

Salute Lorenzo, ciao! Neutral

Hope he will be back in the future under another ownership..

Lazialita can't be bought!
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Ciao Lorenzo.   Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Guess who made C4 team of the week.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Ciao Lorenzo.   Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:26 pm

It's because he's in a team whose strikers can actually put the ball in the back of the net.

2 assists, good job Lorenzo.

Back to top Go down
flurffmeister
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 269
Country and city : Canada/Alberta/Calgary Beirut/Lebanon
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Ciao Lorenzo.   Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:17 am

it's neither one fault i think , Lotito brough a back up to LDS who turned out to be a better option , on the other hand LDS is going to develop into a star but the club cannot wait until then.. neither LDS he couldnt be have an instant success so normally he wouldnt get regular playing time... , imo he did the right choice moving to fiorentina...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ciao Lorenzo.   Today at 5:09 pm

Back to top Go down

Ciao Lorenzo.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6