Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:53 am

Finally , today, on Corriere dello sport Hpage a huge Title:
tHE tEAMS BEFORE , THEN THE STADIUMS!

In the article is, finally, enhanced , that in Roma is not important to build incredible stadiums with fantastic fields, seats, sorround, theatre, restaurants...if you don't have a TEAM and a MANAGEMENT!

I am personally glad to read this article and this Title because this position by the journalist reflect my personal opinion and thought since years.
I always criticize the whole City and both Team since ever for their lack of organization and mediocrity in the management of the Fotball system.
La Lazio, my priority, is not ready to build and support the stadium not just a structure but as supporters mentality and management capability.
We, the President, belive that a stadium could be the Perfect Medical care" for everything!
This is pure utopia.
We must build the team and whatever sorround it. The System , the organization, the winner mentality!
Strategy, comunication, life style, fans contact, media partners, web site, merchandising and so on are ALL part of a great structure ready to fight in every corner . The Societa' follow the player and the player as well in total trust and fidelity.
The fans, the core, are the main part and they need to believe in what la Societa do everyday.

........I can talk more and more about a Company strateguy but , i am sure , that you , Laziali liveng in different country like French , England, Sweden , Spain can see with different eyes and different mind what we do in Italy.

La Lazio need to be builded before , as a team , as a company and then we will be able to manage a stadium .

We still think as we are Goliath and we aren't even David.

Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:43 pm

Thats probably more important then the team (the players). House is built on solid grounds but what really piss me off is that I don't see any enthusiasm.

For how long we need to wait for the "team to be build". C'mon it's been years since we wait to get a web-site or a decent sponsorship deal. The question is : is the managment ready to stand on its own two feet???
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:56 pm

I see your point Jofo but for me, it's not just about the hierarchy.

This stadium is a huge project and in order to succeed, there needs to be trust. This Lazio don't display much of that.

However, the responsibility and the building of such groundwork lies not only with the President and those on the payroll but also the fans. The president, the staff, the players and the fans all have an individual and unique role in any project and step by step, we have to play our part in shaping Lazio. It's a small role but someone has to do it nonetheless...
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:32 pm

...but its only me or t seems like Lotito will try to do anything to push this project.

In past times kings and dictators built huge statues, palaces and castles in order to leave something behind for the people to remember them.

Stadio delle aquile - Lotito era
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Jofo wrote:
...but its only me or t seems like Lotito will try to do anything to push this project.

In past times kings and dictators built huge statues, palaces and castles in order to leave something behind for the people to remember them.

Of course he will. That's his only target since he took over. However the comparison with kings and dictatorships is unappropriate: lotito does not want to build the stadium for Lazio's sake, nor to be remembered. Just to speculate over his lands Wink
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:12 pm

Like it or not, the only way Lazio can keep up is by building/owning its own stadium.

Juve will have theirs shortly.
Milan and Inter are negotiating a deal.
Merda are pushing for their own grounds,
Fiorentina have an exciting project waiting for the approval of the city.

And again Lotito's business plans come before Lazio fans' best interest. He has his property on which he intends to build, but it's too far away. He can build a stadium/shopping area/leisure activity complex and make good money either way but the regular fan will suffer making it to the game every other Sunday.

Sooner rather than later Italy will follow the "english" model. It's sad but it's inevitable. Money talks.

Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Jofo wrote:

No
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Sile wrote:
Like it or not, the only way Lazio can keep up is by building/owning its own stadium.

I think that's a bit exaggerated... of course he would be good from both a financial and economic point of view - although we don't really need that because, as lotito said (his words) "we are not aiming to scudetto, because scudetto makes only things worse; we are aiming at other trophies".

However nobody is saying that lotito shouldn't build a stadium. People are saying that there are other things to be "built" before.

1) The management, the "societā" - The ridiculous mercato every year, the relationship between the management and the players, the sponsor (any?), the mess in the tasks, the lack of a clear project all indicate we are following a random pattern

2) The relationship with the press - lotito shows worrying signs of omnipotency delirium

3) The Lazialitā at the club - completely erased

4) The relationship with the fans - the worse ever in Lazio history

Anyway, let's assume everything is fine and we just need the stadium to become great. Then someone should explain me why, in so many months, lotito has not yet presented a project. All he did has been making pressure to the city council to get the destination of use of his lands changed.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:48 pm

Of course. There would be little use for a new stadium if we end up in C.

Lotito's idea of a project revolves around spending little or no money while developing players who are then sold all the while taking calculated risks with bringing in players on loan which although is financially wise can make or break a season. Further to this he expects "loyalty" and brandishes want away players as "mercenaries" and keeps a laughable salary cap.

To build a team you have to have a foundation, a backbone, and we already lost 2 vertebrae in Pandev and Ledesma. I will not go too deep into this discussion but I will be watching the situation closely especially around the time of the January mercato. Every man has a limit, and my patience is also wearing thin.

Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Lotito couldnīt finance the buying of a decent CB and heīs going to build a stadium??? heīs a joker!!!
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:59 am

centrocampista wrote:
Lotito couldnīt finance the buying of a decent CB and heīs going to build a stadium??? heīs a joker!!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:19 am

I'm just disgusted that merda are in front of us with their project. They're also in a massive debt, yet they are about to invest 300 mill €. Which could lead to re-financing their debt and in the end help them pay it off.

The explanation as to why Lotito isn't allowed to build on his desired location is flood risk. That is bullshit. Half of bloody Holland was once sea, this is the 21st century. Can anyone use google maps to pinpoint the location where Lotito wants to build? And where will merda's hole be?

Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:40 pm

centrocampista wrote:

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Sile wrote:
I'm just disgusted that merda are in front of us with their project. They're also in a massive debt, yet they are about to invest 300 mill €. Which could lead to re-financing their debt and in the end help them pay it off.

The explanation as to why Lotito isn't allowed to build on his desired location is flood risk. That is bullshit. Half of bloody Holland was once sea, this is the 21st century. Can anyone use google maps to pinpoint the location where Lotito wants to build? And where will merda's hole be?

It took me ages to upload the maps, but here they are. Blue dot for Lazio, red dot for asroma

There are some differences between the project of asroma and the one of lotito.

The major problem for lotito is that now pretty much anyone understood that what he is planning is a massive speculation. A few days ago, this claim was even on one of the major Italian newspapers (Repubblica, famous for the scoop on Berlusconi).

Indeed, differently from asroma, lotito is planning to build a real city. To have an idea, think that the area would be the same of that of the famous Amalfi city. The Roma city council is deeply embarrassed and giving an OK on that project is going to be a problem. The biggest problem. Then there is the flooding risk (which is not bullshit - see what happened exactly one year ago - but not either a crucial obstacle), the naturalistic park, the traffic problems (the highway a1 would be totally jammed on match days and the stadium would call for other connections to be set, as via Tiberina is really too narrow), the green party political opposition.

On the other hand, the stadium/ city is not a problem from a financial point of view. Since the value of the lands (property of lotito/mezzaroma) would increase 10 times if the OK is given, it would practically pay off itself.

Roma is not that much ahead of Lazio, but since they aim to build a stadium and not a city it will be easier to get the OK.

Anyway, it's a big mess from many point of views. In Rome regional political elections are approaching, and politicians will do everything to bring forward both Lazio and roma stadiums.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks for the maps. Wow that's not very close.

Earthquakes can strike anytime anywhere (well not really anywhere but ok) and in fact if an earthquake struck Rome then the welfare of the stadium would be the last building on the people's minds.

So we rely on the politicians as usual.

Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Sile wrote:
Thanks for the maps. Wow that's not very close.

Earthquakes can strike anytime anywhere (well not really anywhere but ok) and in fact if an earthquake struck Rome then the welfare of the stadium would be the last building on the people's minds.

So we rely on the politicians as usual.

I take you meant flooding and not earthquakes.

Secondly, as we said, lotito does not want to build just a stadium but also houses/flats.

Thirdly, building nearby the river would reduce the capability of the ground to absorb the rainfall and also would create barriers between the river and the land, increasing the risk of flooding on the way down to rome.

The river goes from north to south. If, like last year there is the risk of roma city being flooded, they raise the dam north of rome and flood all the countryside, even lotito lands. Rare event, but not impossible.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:54 pm

No sorry, I thought you were referring to the Abruzzo tragedy, I somehow connected the effects of the quake with a possible flood. My mistake.

Well we could build an irrigation system that in case of heavy rainfall steers all the water here to this red dot

and then to the sea. We're safe, and riommanisti finally take a bath.

Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:01 pm

Probably a stupid question, but what's the opinion of the Lazio tifoseria regarding the likely location for the new stadium. I read a few things about the northern areas of the city being good as that's where much of the fans originate but judging by that map, Lotito's land is a far way away.

I always wanted Lazio to take ownership of Flaminio and spend money restructuring that, but with Lotito's ambitions to build a city, there's 0% chance of that ever happening.

Conn
Honour member
Honour member

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:53 pm

c. testa wrote:
Probably a stupid question, but what's the opinion of the Lazio tifoseria regarding the likely location for the new stadium. I read a few things about the northern areas of the city being good as that's where much of the fans originate but judging by that map, Lotito's land is a far way away.

The fans are divided also on this. The main point of those who don't like the location is too far away; many could not go easily and those who would go say it would be a nightmare to reach. The northern pay station of highway A1 is already terribly jammed on sundays, adding about 5,000 cars concentrated in 1 hour would make it collapse.

I would have liked Flaminio too. However, at this point I only hope lotito realizes the project so that he's accomplished his mission and then can finally leave us in peace :)

PS What you read was probably written by a romanista. Lazio fans do originate in the city of rome, not outside; we are a minority there, as we are a minority outside the Grande Raccordo Anulare (the big ring in the picture)
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:03 am

Is the place on Sile's map where Lotito wants to build?
Its very far.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Check Conn's post on the previous page for the location marked with a blue dot, that's where Lotito wants to build. The red dot is merda's plan.

Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:13 pm

thx Sile

And I thought the red is far away affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before the stadium build the Teams!   Today at 9:02 am

Back to top Go down

Before the stadium build the Teams!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1