HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 World cup draw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EL MATADOR
Aquilotto
Aquilotto


Number of posts : 37
Age : 31
Country and city : Australia, Sydney
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: World cup draw   Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:46 pm

I'm getting pretty excited about the world cup draw. I am just going to speculate that they will keep the same seeding system.

A) SouthAfrica, Brazil, Spain, Germany, England, Italy, Argentina, France
B) IvoryCoast, Chile, Ghana, Uruguay, Paraguay,Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria
C) USA, Australia, Mexico, Korea, Japan, Honduras, NthKorea, NewZealand
D) Holland, Portugal, Serbia, Denmark, Greece, Switzerland ,Slovenia, Slovakia.

So who would you like your country to avoid or meet?
I am supporting Australia and Chile.

For Chile I would not like to face Germany cos they are HUUUUUGE. And of course the obvious Brazil, Spain and England. It would be great to get South Africa, France or possibly Italy/Argentina. The obvious ones to miss are Holland and portugal while Serbia is the only other European I fear. The European pot holds the key.
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 624
Age : 36
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:00 pm

My dream group, although i know that due to seeding this cannot happen...

Australia
Italy - Sorry Guys, But I Want Revenge! 2006 has scarred me for life. In Australia, Fabio Grosso is hated more than Bin Laden.
England - Any chance to beat the English at their own game is blissfull!
New Zealand - The Pacific Derby, I'd love to smash 6 or 7 past the Wellington Phoenix... Ooops, I mean New Zealand. Hahaha!
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2192
Age : 46
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:29 pm

For ESPANA :

URUGUAY - so the world can see what a worldclass keeper we got (Nando will concede 2 goals, but save 58 possible ones and 1 penalty)

S KOREA - revenge for the scandalous 2002 WC-game

PORTUGAL - revenge for the EURO 2004 exit
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 688
Age : 34
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:37 pm

BEST cheers - England, Algeria, N.Korea, Slovakia

worst No - England, Ivory Coast, Australia, Holland

Obvious others to avoid are Ghana, USA and Portugal. It's all very well wanting revenge missions and all that, but I just want an easy group! Knock out rounds will probably produce penalties again - our luck has to change sometime....
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:10 pm

I hope for Chile, North Korea and Slovakia
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 931
Age : 26
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Slovakia are pretty good. Greece would be the team everyone should hope for in pot 4, as well as Slovenia, but they have my respect after what they did to Russia. Algeria will suprise a few people also.
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Bridge-Bhoy wrote:
Slovakia are pretty good. Greece would be the team everyone should hope for in pot 4, as well as Slovenia, but they have my respect after what they did to Russia. Algeria will suprise a few people also.

Pretty good relative to Netherlands and Portugal? I do not think so. If Italy faced Slovakia at the World Cup I expect Italy to beat them and so would most Azzurri fans. Same for Chile and North Korea but also for them revenge comes to mind.

If Algeria does not get over-awed then they will be a suprise. I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 931
Age : 26
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:07 pm

Of course any of the other 6 is a good result, when considering Portugal & Holland are potential opponents. Serbia would be avoidable also.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:56 am

Since Bulgaria didn't make it, I will be supporting the mighty NZ! Very Happy

I've always been a fan of Italy, Germany and Argentina so I hope to see them all do well. Would be great to see Uruguay, Switzerland and Algeria achieve something special too (due to the Lazio connections).


Kris wrote:

New Zealand - The Pacific Derby, I'd love to smash 6 or 7 past the Wellington Phoenix... Ooops, I mean New Zealand. Hahaha!

Ouch Kris..... but I agree, I'd love to see an NZ - Australia match. tongue

Realistically the only team NZ can beat is South Africa IMO (even though they have home support) - apart from maybe a team or two in Pot 3 but we can't be drawn together.
Back to top Go down
Nickx13
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 215
Age : 29
Country and city : Belgio, Anversa.
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:16 am

For Belgium: Sleep .
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 1434
Age : 24
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:13 am

I'll be supporting gli Azzurri. Hoping but not expecting more success.

I want Greece (I live in Adelaide where the is a massive and I mean massive friendly rivalry between the Italian and Greek communities, this game will go off) Plus they are IMO the least quality side there. Slovenia were the only side to beat us on our road to victory in 06.

The African/Sth American nations I'm not sure. Algeria won't be too bad, nor would Uruguay, but as they have Lazio players I'd hope them to do well. Nigeria seem to be a bit average at the moment. Chile, Paraguay and the Ivory Coast are the teams to avoid.

From the next pot - a rematch with Australia would be great, show them that we can beat them without resorting to underhand tactics, Fabio Grosso to score a late winner. (He may be more hated than Bin Laden, but the Italian Australians still have a shrine set up for him. Every important game in 06 including the semi and final seemed to revolve around him in some way.)

The Koreas, need revenge on the North for '66 and the cheating South bastards for 2002, most undeserved semi final finish in WC history. The Spanish would no doubt want a crack at them also. And lastly NZ, they smash us in the rugby, so we need to show them what we can do in football. We wasted our chance in June haha.

and Bobbi, don't forget Serbia in your list of teams. Aleksandar Kolarov mate. Can see him smashing one past Mark Paston from 35 metres. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:36 am

c. testa wrote:
and Bobbi, don't forget Serbia in your list of teams. Aleksandar Kolarov mate. Can see him smashing one past Mark Paston from 35 metres. Very Happy

Hahaha..... yeah true Testa. Forgive me everyone.

But no one can beat Mark Paston Wink

I'm kidding off course..... btw he wasn't even NZ's first choice GK a couple of months ago. Glen Moss was #1 at the Confederations Cup, but he got injured and was forced to miss some big games. Mr Paston stepped up BIG time!
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2192
Age : 46
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:52 am

pazke wrote:
PORTUGAL - revenge for the EURO 2004 exit
oh yeah, I forgot to say I also like Cr Ronaldo's crying babyface on the big occasions jocolor
Back to top Go down
Edi
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 176
Age : 31
Country and city : sLOVEnia, Koper/Capodistria/Caput Histrae
Laziale since : ancient greece:)
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:11 pm

I really don't care who we get because you never know in such a competition. Small countries tend to play better because of their pride, so I think it really makes no sense saying I want S.Korea, Algeria or New Zealand. I see some want Slovakia... they're a very good team, although we beat them in both occasions in the qualif. group. Very Happy
However, I do have one wish: Italy, our rivalry with them is huge and they always have problems against us. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2665
Age : 32
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Edi wrote:
I really don't care who we get because you never know in such a competition. Small countries tend to play better because of their pride, so I think it really makes no sense saying I want S.Korea, Algeria or New Zealand. I see some want Slovakia... they're a very good team, although we beat them in both occasions in the qualif. group. Very Happy
However, I do have one wish: Italy, our rivalry with them is huge and they always have problems against us. Twisted Evil

I don't want Slovenia Wink

I would take Chile, North Korea and Greece. I'm sure every Italian wants N Korea, we need to put that ghost to rest.

_________________
To knog or not to knog......
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm

c. testa wrote:
I'll be supporting gli Azzurri. Hoping but not expecting more success.

I want Greece (I live in Adelaide where the is a massive and I mean massive friendly rivalry between the Italian and Greek communities, this game will go off) Plus they are IMO the least quality side there. Slovenia were the only side to beat us on our road to victory in 06.

The African/Sth American nations I'm not sure. Algeria won't be too bad, nor would Uruguay, but as they have Lazio players I'd hope them to do well. Nigeria seem to be a bit average at the moment. Chile, Paraguay and the Ivory Coast are the teams to avoid.

From the next pot - a rematch with Australia would be great, show them that we can beat them without resorting to underhand tactics, Fabio Grosso to score a late winner. (He may be more hated than Bin Laden, but the Italian Australians still have a shrine set up for him. Every important game in 06 including the semi and final seemed to revolve around him in some way.)

The Koreas, need revenge on the North for '66 and the cheating South bastards for 2002, most undeserved semi final finish in WC history. The Spanish would no doubt want a crack at them also. And lastly NZ, they smash us in the rugby, so we need to show them what we can do in football. We wasted our chance in June haha.

and Bobbi, don't forget Serbia in your list of teams. Aleksandar Kolarov mate. Can see him smashing one past Mark Paston from 35 metres. Very Happy

The South American/African pot is the hardest to call for us. All the teams could pose a potential banana skin and we never know what kind of Italy comes into the tournament.

We neeed revenge against Chile as well. I hate them for what happenned in 1962. Portugal probably want revenge on South Korea as well. They got eliminated in 2002 World Cup in the Group containing South Korea. Agianst them the referee was blatantly stupid. He sent of a Portuguese player off on 27th minute and and another Portuguese player sent off just after the hour even though clearly there was a dive by the South Korean.
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 624
Age : 36
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:44 am

Bobbi wrote:
c. testa wrote:
and Bobbi, don't forget Serbia in your list of teams. Aleksandar Kolarov mate. Can see him smashing one past Mark Paston from 35 metres. Very Happy

Hahaha..... yeah true Testa. Forgive me everyone.

But no one can beat Mark Paston Wink

I'm kidding off course..... btw he wasn't even NZ's first choice GK a couple of months ago. Glen Moss was #1 at the Confederations Cup, but he got injured and was forced to miss some big games. Mr Paston stepped up BIG time!

We all need to support Australia with the Lazio connection too...

Dont ever forget the Lazio Great & Hall Of Famer.... Mr Paul Okon!
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2192
Age : 46
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:11 pm

FIFA confirmed now the 8 countries for pot A ... and suprise ! ... France have been dropped from pot A to pot D > Holland goes up from pot D to pot A ... FIFA what a bunch of

*new list*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A) SouthAfrica, Brazil, Spain, Germany, England, Italy, Argentina, Holland
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B) IvoryCoast, Chile, Ghana, Uruguay, Paraguay,Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C) USA, Australia, Mexico, Korea, Japan, Honduras, NthKorea, NewZealand
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D) France, Portugal, Serbia, Denmark, Greece, Switzerland ,Slovenia, Slovakia
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Laziale``
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 329
Age : 28
Country and city : Skopje,Macedonia
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:33 pm

1.Germany
2.Australia
3.Ghana
4.Serbia

Go Germany cheers
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2737
Age : 33
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Groups

Group A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France
Group B: Argentina, South Korea, Nigeria, Greece
Group C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia
Group D: Germany, Australia, Ghana, Serbia
Group E: Netherlands, Japan, Cameroon, Denmark
Group F: Italy, New Zealand, Paraguay, Slovakia
Group G: Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portugal
Group H: Spain, Honduras, Chile, Switzerland

Italy must be smiling, also England. Come to think of it, all these groups look awful, except for group D.

_________________
"One love, One Lazio SUPER TECH!!!" - mr douglas

Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:53 pm

Initial thoughts on the draw.

- tough draw for all sides in Group A
- nice group for Argentina, the other three would fancy their chances, I'd expect Greece to edge through.
- Nice group for England, Algeria should fancy second; the US and Slovenia are incredibly poor sides.
- Germany could struggle, Serbs need to develop the right mentality to progress, Ghana and Australia are obvious threats.
- The Dutch have it easy, I don't rate the other three sides whatsoever.
- Sad that Paraguay and Slovakia will face Italy as that means one of my favourite National sides will go out. I'd be slightly worried if I was Italian.
- Tough for Brazil, Portugal can take them if they rediscover old form and if the Ivory Coast play tight, you never know. Brazil don't have anybody who can make the impact C. Ronaldo or Drogba can. Still expect them to go through but not easily.
- Spain and Chile should progress, I reckon the battle for top spot will be tougher than many think.
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister


Number of posts : 1712
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Fifa sucks. No teams of africa, america in the same group?!?! Seeded teams. Fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Brezi
Aquilotto
Aquilotto


Number of posts : 11
Age : 37
Country and city : Slovakia, Levice
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:33 pm

Taib wrote:
Bridge-Bhoy wrote:
Slovakia are pretty good. Greece would be the team everyone should hope for in pot 4, as well as Slovenia, but they have my respect after what they did to Russia. Algeria will suprise a few people also.

Pretty good relative to Netherlands and Portugal? I do not think so. If Italy faced Slovakia at the World Cup I expect Italy to beat them and so would most Azzurri fans. Same for Chile and North Korea but also for them revenge comes to mind.

If Algeria does not get over-awed then they will be a suprise. I hope so.

Well, maybe it could be expected but since it's the last match of the group we could be already qualified for the knockout stages so I'm pretty much OK with this expectation. Here in our country everybody is satisfied with the draw from coaches to players and some football legends. I say don't get too excited because it's the first major tournament for us.
btw, not a bad group for Slovenia, you deserved to be there, I was happy that you overcame Russians in playoff Wink
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2192
Age : 46
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:58 pm

Spain could have a tuffer draw, so they can't complain.
But on the other hand, in the 1/8 finals they will meet 1st or 2nd from group G .. so or Brazil or Portugal or Ivory Coast scratch but maybe N Korea jocolor
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:24 am

Well NZ will surely get owned in all the 3 matches, but I'm hoping for a point against one of the teams (but only if they have a completely off day). I think the first game is against Slovakia?

Group A is tight. Any group could progress. Hopefully Uruguay are one of those groups (because of Nando). Wink

England have straight forward group, as do the Netherlands. I think Algeria and Denmark respectively can obtain 2nd spot.

For me Group D is the toughest. Germany are my picks but it won't be easy. Any one of Australia, Serbia and Ghana can also qualify - if not come first. Very entertaining matches.

Also Group G looks tough. Brazil, Ivory Coast and Portugal could potentially all qualify, and North Korea are no push overs either. They will cause those teams trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: World cup draw   Today at 6:41 pm

Back to top Go down
 
World cup draw
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» World Cup Draw
» 2018 World Cup Draw- European Zone
» 2011 f2 world final
» dan thomas profile on world of armwrestling
» Nemiroff World Cup 2010 Left & Right Arm Results

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: FOOTBALL IN GENERAL :: The Mixed Zone-
Jump to: