Terry
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 158
Country and city : China / Czech
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: what happened for that penalty?   Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:29 pm

why kolarov wanted to take it away from zarate? i know zarate could not take this rigore for granted but...

well, whatever happened it happened!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:38 pm

It's a bad sign. Generally coaches like the responsibilty of choosing the penalty taker and I would expect Ballardini to have words about it.

I remember Steve Bruce going nuts in an interview over a similar incident earlier in the EPL season. In that case, Darren Bent was the penalty taker due to his impeccable record but because of the scoreline, he gave the responsibility to someone else. Bruce said that he would have to have strong words about it, even though they scored the PK.

In this case, I'm not sure who our No.1 taker is. Firstly, I hope there is one and secondly, if it is Kolarov, Zarate needs to be told he can't do that. If Mauro is the main taker, Kolarov is out of order. Only the coach knows and either way, he has to address it. Can't have that situation arising again in bigger, tighter games.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:39 pm

I assume that both wanted to take it but had and argument and kola stepped off but then he was called back ( by Rocchi I assume) and took it. I doubt some one saw the whole argument cause the tvs were showing the faul on Rocchi
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 688
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:56 pm

It is always strange when you don't have a number 1 guaranteed taker, sometimes it's Rocchi, sometimes Zarate and we even had Cruz take one (where if I remember rightly, they argued over who was to take it).
I would put it out there that maybe Ballardini hasn't told the players the order for takers and that he isn't strong enough to tell one or the other that they aren't first choice. Maybe he, wrongly, just lets them see who wants it on the day? It is obvious that someone like Zarate would be up for every penalty, and I'm glad he is - I'd back him to score most of them. Same goes for Rocchi, which makes it seem strange that Kolarov took it.
Maybe Zarate was angry but from the way he ran off happily I would say it's over for now, until we get another penalty!
Back to top Go down
David
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 94
Country and city : England
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:14 pm

I suppose you could say 'At least it was scored..' but I also share Caxi's concerns.

Mauro is looking frustrated. He should be - his performances this season have been very substandard. He is giving the ball away with alarming regularity yet he has a willingness to keep at it, which is good to see but it has a detrimental effect to the team. He has the capability to win matches on his own but he needs to learn to make a simple pass and be a team player. Especially when he isn't playing well. If he has his eyes set on a place in the Argentian side he is going have to become more of a team player. He is not always going to win the game by himself he needs to understand this.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Happens that Zarate is the first in the list .
Happens that Tommaso is upset.-
Happens that between 2 fighters another one find the ball.

The problem is that after the match Ballardini release a 25 minutes press conference where, after a victory, he spoke about Zarate Diakite behaviour. He said that 6 attackers are too many. He said that he needs 4 new players.: he said the players must be educated. He said that some fans offendedhim and his family.

Happens, also, that Tommaso Rocchi was like a snake out from the dressing room and he is ready to talk about everything in few days.
Happens that today we won and the atmosphere is like a shi9tty volcano.

and ....let see tomorrow Newspapers.

valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:53 pm

the incident was minor and will be left behind but balla has to explain to the team who takes who nand what, if not these sort of things will ALWAYS happen-
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:55 pm

if zarate is first hes first, no one should question that but the coach. I sort of understand the lad now...
Back to top Go down
zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 484
Country and city : Macedonia
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 pm

i think that there is big frustration at some of the players...Rocchi take his shirt off and get yellow card cuz' he score against Livorno...Zarate was fighting with Kolarov like 2 kids...and at the end after the game i kind notice that Zarate didn't like to shake hands with Rocchi...also many players stop passing often to Zarate same as him...
but i must say that all of the players give 110% on the field
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 pm

I would write it down to temporary frustration, nothing more, and as someone said he shook hands with Kolarov later on.

Mauro is really trying hard and if we want to see spectacular moves from him we must expect also a degree of selfishness. His move and assist to Sergio opened up the game for us so let us not be overly critical.

About Diakite - I believe the reason for his outburst was his personal dissatisfaction with his marking of Bergvold, and felt that the sub was sort of a punishment from Ballardini. He is young and passionate but that's what we like about him don't we.

In my opinion it is best to sweep this under the rug and move on and ride the positive momentum. If we insist on frivolous arguments then we will suffer again.

Back to top Go down
Amir
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:03 am

It is an important win indeed but some strange things happen as Ermetico pointed out:

First: Coach leaves Rocchi on the bench and fields Flocarri who arrived only yesterday.

Second: He takes out Diakite and puts in Rocchi. Diakite is pissed off and can`t believe what is happening.

Third: Who will shoot the penalty ? Zarate or Kolarov. Coach says Zarate, Kolarov insists and he takes it.

Fourth: Someone from behind insulted coach Ballardini`s family. That sucks, cause his family has nothing to do with his job. Low kick.

Now, we really won impressively 4-1 after such a long time, but expect some tough decisions to be taken in the coming 2-3 days.

Captain Rocchi will ask assurances to play as a starter. Diakite as well. Otherwise they will demand to leave.
Discipline in the team is below expected and desired. Coach is not respected.

May God help Lazio these days.
Back to top Go down
frederick
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 410
Country and city : Sydney
Laziale since : 1996

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:18 am

A coach who can't control their own players/dressing coach isn't worth to be a coach. If there's no respect towards players, there'll be no glories pitch?? Until the end of 1st half, I think we played sh!t, yes, we won the game yesterday, when we were starting to pass the ball a bit more, but a game yesterday, also shows that there are bigger problems within Lazio..

Clearly Rocchi wasn't happy for not started, Diakite seems upset when he got substituted, Zarate being selfish (what's new?) and later penalty duties... Balla should address this problem in the dressing room, not in the press conference!!
Back to top Go down
Done
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 223
Country and city : Macedonia, Skopje
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:47 am

Diakite is nervous? When Diakite started to consider him self as part of starting eleven?
And if is like that, when he lost his gratefulness to Lazio for (trying) to make him a football player?!
Let him go.. Chieti? Verona? I hope that it was only hurted ego, because the goal mistake, and will not last long..

Our captain-Balla is lost and the boat is shaking.. No
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:00 am

Caxi wrote:
It's a bad sign. Generally coaches like the responsibilty of choosing the penalty taker and I would expect Ballardini to have words about it.

I remember Steve Bruce going nuts in an interview over a similar incident earlier in the EPL season. In that case, Darren Bent was the penalty taker due to his impeccable record but because of the scoreline, he gave the responsibility to someone else. Bruce said that he would have to have strong words about it, even though they scored the PK.

In this case, I'm not sure who our No.1 taker is. Firstly, I hope there is one and secondly, if it is Kolarov, Zarate needs to be told he can't do that. If Mauro is the main taker, Kolarov is out of order. Only the coach knows and either way, he has to address it. Can't have that situation arising again in bigger, tighter games.

Ballardini says - Mauro was the designated taker even if he didn't deserve to take it.

This suggests he's unhappy with him but he should've taken the penalty, not Kolarov. Same incident occurred against Parma when Zarate took and scored the kick.

The fact this hasn't been cleared up yet is an embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
ilsemprelaziale
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 126
Country and city : Denmark
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:54 am

I am worried over this SS Lazio

Today we beat one of our old enemies and yet we spend more time discussing some problem regarding who is to take penalties and the players involved. How are we supposed to find our way to better times, if winning isn't enough?

Lets leave the asskicking to Ballardini in the dressing room and instead celebrate, it's been a long time since we did this last.

FORZA LAZIO!!!

Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:21 am

ilsemprelaziale wrote:
I am worried over this SS Lazio

Today we beat one of our old enemies and yet we spend more time discussing some problem regarding who is to take penalties and the players involved. How are we supposed to find our way to better times, if winning isn't enough?

Lets leave the asskicking to Ballardini in the dressing room and instead celebrate, it's been a long time since we did this last.

FORZA LAZIO!!!

great comment ilsempre!!!

lets forget those little disputes... if u ever play a sport, whatever it is, especially in an underpressure one, those kind of situations were often happened.... me myself almost always get mad or fight with the opponents or even the teammates in an underpressure game... but that's it, after the game we talk, laugh and have beers together.... it could've happened because the passion for the game itself was too big, and that should be a good thing.... cheers

teammates are same with family, we get fight or hate each other for a while.... but that's only temporary because teammates are brothers....

Back to top Go down
howie
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 115
Country and city : Los Angeles, USA
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:05 am

Amir wrote:
It is an important win indeed but some strange things happen as Ermetico pointed out:

First: Coach leaves Rocchi on the bench and fields Flocarri who arrived only yesterday.

Second: He takes out Diakite and puts in Rocchi. Diakite is pissed off and can`t believe what is happening.

Third: Who will shoot the penalty ? Zarate or Kolarov. Coach says Zarate, Kolarov insists and he takes it.

Fourth: Someone from behind insulted coach Ballardini`s family. That sucks, cause his family has nothing to do with his job. Low kick.

Now, we really won impressively 4-1 after such a long time, but expect some tough decisions to be taken in the coming 2-3 days.

Captain Rocchi will ask assurances to play as a starter. Diakite as well. Otherwise they will demand to leave.
Discipline in the team is below expected and desired. Coach is not respected.

May God help Lazio these days.

Agree. I think Ballardini need some more discipline and firm hands to control the players more. Ego, etc.
He came from managing small temas and so did not face too much of these dilemma.
Furthermore, I feel that it is totally unappropriate for him to discuss these (internal) problems to the media.
Doesn't help anyone.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:38 am

90% of the radios and opinion leaders today comments:

ballardini mind is out of control...or maybe UNDER someone else control.

Again the atmosphere is eavy like a huge bullshit in a desert land.

And , in few days i expect Tommaso Rocchi declarations....bad.

El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:50 am

The press conference with Ballardini must have been the most crazy ever. Those comments are absolutely incredible. I never saw anything like this...really. What's happening?
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:54 am

Ballardini press conference...Rocchi "speaking out"..penalty madness...Zarate egoism...Kolarov and Inter?..all of this just after the "conclusion" of the Pandev-saga..Lotito...Lotito...Lotito...

The ride on the world's craziest rollercoaster continues...
Back to top Go down
Nesta_Jr
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 209
Country and city : Sweden, Stockholm

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:31 pm

What did Rocchi actually do? Could someone tell me please...
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Nesta_Jr wrote:
What did Rocchi actually do? Could someone tell me please...

Celebrated violently, took his shirt off, said after the game that "he is pissed" probably about the contract issue and the bench.

Back to top Go down
phantomm1976
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 841
Country and city : kosova
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: what happened for that penalty?   Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:23 pm

and what the relationship in the team now,stil nothing clear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content