TOO BAD THAT WE LOSE TO OUR RELEGATION-BATTLE OPPONENT CATANIA
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:34 am

Too bad that some of my friends on forum denied to see this happening. They said that they are realistic and this couldn't happen.

Plus add that I also fight with some about our mercato. Perfect mercato my ass, even Ballamerda admits it.
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:27 am

CoreanoLaziale wrote:

Bologna 25
Udinese 24
Livorno 23
Catania 23
Lazio 22
Atalanta 20
Siena 13

It's even worse than how it looks there. Udinese still have one match to recover. If we end up third-last in a tie with Atalanta, we get relegated. The same would happen with Catania.

In the next three matches we play Parma away, Palermo away, Fiorentina home.
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 58
Country and city : Montreal
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:41 am

ballardini needs to go....there was no exucse to lose to catania. his tactics are far off, he instills no confidence into our players, with him zarate went from potential world class superstar to a futile cinder block. whats this constant ignoring of lichtsteiner ...why was biava playing there today. I wanted to give him a chance...but today's loss is enough...WAKE THE FUCK UP CLAUDIO! FIRE THIS GUY!
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:19 am

Conn wrote:
It's even worse than how it looks there. Udinese still have one match to recover. If we end up third-last in a tie with Atalanta, we get relegated. The same would happen with Catania.

But that won't happen, if we believe our management. Why?

1. We have a better squad now compared to last year.
2. It's not the manager that steps onto the pitch.
3. The results of il Calcio doesn't depend on the campagnia acquisti.
4. This is a squad that has huge potential that now needs to be demonstrated.
5. Ballardini is not in discussion.

Very Happy Wink

No
Back to top Go down
Biancocelesti
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 341
Country and city : Sweden, Uppsala
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:36 am

There is only one thing left to do, get a new coach and then pray for some better results...
If we don't sack Ballardini right now at this moment, we should forget about "Non Mollare Mai" that there isn't even in this Lazio, and start thinking ahead of next season in B. No
Back to top Go down
blue-white
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 384
Country and city : Austria
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:04 pm

So, we are standing on a point where we have to think about Serie B. Some of us donīt want to have to do with it, some of us are laughing about.

Letīs look at the games which we are having for the rest of the season. We lost against Catania at home, so we wonīt win many games in the future.
Naturally Iīm always supporting our players, our team, our club.

BUT I have to say that itīs going to be more than hard to survive.

If we want to survive in Serie A, Lotito have to change the coach. He have to. If heīs not changing after the loss against Catania at home, when does he change??!!!... Right, he wonīt change if heīs not changing now.

I want to say it again: I always support Lazio, I always will do...also in Serie B. Personally, in my opinion, I think that it would be better if we are going in Serie B.

Why? - Thatīs easy.

Look at the team which were in Serie B or deeper. Look at Parma, Fiorentina, Napoli, Genoa. These teams got relegated - their presidents had to sell their clubs and other presidents take over the clubs.

If we survive - what will change in the future with Lotito?!....Right, nothing. Every year will be the same. Players which we like, which we love, will leave our club. Players which we want to leave, will stay. Everytime Lotito will change the coach, it will be a no-name coach. A person, who wonīt feel Lazio.

Look at the other teams. Presidents took them over, presidents who love their clubs, who live their clubs, they are fans of their clubs, they love football and they know all about football business....I also want to have such a president.

And Lotito have to sell Lazio if we et relegated. Iīm sure. He doesnīt have the big money to help his own company and Lazio.
The money for the TV rights would be less, the fans in the stadium would be less.

Believe me guys - it ould be better if we get relegated. Also, if we are staying in Serie B for more years (until we found the right owner).

The only thing I donīt like when we get relegated: players like Muslera, Zarate, Lichti, Kolarov, Matuzalem, Diakite will leave us...............................

......................but on the other side - they will leave sooner or later us even if we stay in Serie A because of our management.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:25 pm

I used to believe the same....but the truth is that if we go to Serie B, Lotito won't have to sell anything aside from our best players.

The one hope for me is that in our current mess, we can narrowly survive and the fans in Rome simply take to the streets as they've done many times before and force action from people who can do something

but honestly I don't know anymore

blue-white
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Quote :
but the truth is that if we go to Serie B, Lotito won't have to sell anything aside from our best players

I donīt think so. I think that many of our good players have clauses in their contracts which say that if Lazio get relegated, they can leave for less money.

Lotito donīt have the money to handle Lazio in Serie B + his own company which is more important for him. Iīm sure that he have to sell.

Maybe he have to sell after 1 season in Serie B. But if he stays in the first season of Serie B, he doesnīt have the money to spend for getting back in Serie A.
Back to top Go down
Strategist
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 25
Country and city : al Nido dell'Aquila
Laziale since : Da nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:33 pm

No battle can be fought (and won) with Ballardini as coach, and a midfield comprised of Baronio-Mauri-Firmani.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:42 pm

blue-white wrote:
Quote :
but the truth is that if we go to Serie B, Lotito won't have to sell anything aside from our best players

I donīt think so. I think that many of our good players have clauses in their contracts which say that if Lazio get relegated, they can leave for less money.

Lotito donīt have the money to handle Lazio in Serie B + his own company which is more important for him. Iīm sure that he have to sell.

Maybe he have to sell after 1 season in Serie B. But if he stays in the first season of Serie B, he doesnīt have the money to spend for getting back in Serie A.

Yes, those players will leave and then what? Lotito will have a very cheap wage bill which the club can comfortably afford, even in B with less TV rights money and less revenue. The top earners will leave and the rest will stay.

Then we'll have to watch Lazio in B for 10 years with the likes of Correa and Artipoli playing for us.

Lotito will spent those years pressuring the city to let him build his stadium "so Lazio can return to the top again" in order to get value for his land.

Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:46 pm

blue-white wrote:
Quote :

And what makes you everybody so certain he will be forced to sell? Maybe B would be even more suitable for his stingyness and his choice of coaches. Fiorentina went bankrupt, whereas Napoli and Parma suck ass. Comparisons are unnecessary.

If we go down to B it's selling the best players, fighting for promotion and starting from scratch like some Atalanta or Torino bastards. You people are clinging to some romantic ideas of passion and glory but clubs as glorious and historical as ours are in some countries playing in lower divisions for decades. The era of B should be long forgotten n the minds of laziali, not a future prospect.

Back to top Go down
blue-white
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:04 pm

And what do we have if we stay in Serie A with Lotito on our side?!

Every year the same.

Quote :
And what makes you everybody so certain he will be forced to sell?

I repeat: Lotito canīt handle Lazio in Serie B + his own company (which we read that it also doesn`t have much money). I believe that he would concetrate on his own company and have to sell Lazio.

Quote :
Then we'll have to watch Lazio in B for 10 years with the likes of Correa and Artipoli playing for us.
better than every year the same with Lotito.

Serie B is the only possibility to get rid of Lotito.

Quote :
Maybe B would be even more suitable
more suitable? Less TV rights, less people in the stadium, less merchandising. With all these failing money Lazio maybe has to get bankrupt. Lotito doesnīt have the money to spend it into Lazio. And then he has to sell.
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Gonna book me a flight for the last game against Udinese... gonna be a hell of a party if we get in A or B
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:24 pm

blue-white wrote:
And what do we have if we stay in Serie A with Lotito on our side?!

Every year the same.

Quote :
And what makes you everybody so certain he will be forced to sell?

I repeat: Lotito canīt handle Lazio in Serie B + his own company (which we read that it also doesn`t have much money). I believe that he would concetrate on his own company and have to sell Lazio.

Quote :
better than every year the same with Lotito.

Serie B is the only possibility to get rid of Lotito.

Quote :
Maybe B would be even more suitable
more suitable? Less TV rights, less people in the stadium, less merchandising. With all these failing money Lazio maybe has to get bankrupt. Lotito doesnīt have the money to spend it into Lazio. And then he has to sell.

Just the sale of Kolarov and Zarate would bring him 30-35 million € so what makes you think he gives a sh1t about merchandising and TV rights? What merchandising? we have 3 or 4 official shops IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD! AND A WEB SHOP THAT COULDN'T EVEN DELIVER BEFORE THIS YEAR!!!!
not to mention the sponsor situation!!!

Less people in the stadium? the Curva will always be there, paying 15 € per ticket. If you take 30,000 people in the stadium and mulitply it by a 20€ average ticket that's 600,000€ per match and you have 12 mill € revenue a year for 20 matches! We sold fucking De Silvestri for half that!! That's peanuts!!

Having Lotito is bad enough but having Lotito and playing in B is the worst nightmare!! He said 2 days ago that he bought additional shares, he ain't going nowhere, and our destiny is tragically bound to this man for some time now. Going to B would be SUICIDE.

Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:31 pm

If we go to B, the share prices will plummet further making it easier for Lotito to acquire enough to take us off the Borsa italiana.

And if that day comes...we are well and truly fucked.

blue-white
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Quote :
Just the sale of Kolarov and Zarate would bring him 30-35 million €

he would not get so much money for 2 Serie B players. No cub president in the world will spend so much when he knows that the players want away and their president has to sell them...and Iīm sure that in their contracts stands that they can go for cheaper if Lazio get relegated.

TV rights are not peanuts.

You think that Lazio would have 30.000 people in the stadium in Serie B?! - Then I say - letīs go there because we donīt have them in Serie A.

Look HERE. AT the end of the site - there stands: SPETTATORI: 5014

against Chievo: 2842
Lazio - Parma in Sept.: 30000...long time ago and the team was not as worst as now.

If you think that 30.000 are coming to a Serie B game - you live in a dreamworld. Sorry man - Serie B games - we would have 1000. Nothing more.
Back to top Go down
conceicao14
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 209
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:48 pm

This is silly. I cannot believe people are hoping for relegation so that lotito dissappears. We have a history to think about. We do not want to tarnish the clubs reputation. Forget Lotito. LAZIO is bigger than Lotito.

Lotito will not stay here forever but Serie B is not the answer. We need to survive this year and then hope Lotito sells up. He is not up for it. Some caring Lazio billionaire fan or anyone that is richer than Lotito will make a bid for the club, i certainly hope.

We need to survive and then make our feelings heard at the end of the season so that Lotito has no choice but to sell the club.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:53 pm

blue-white wrote:

Lazio - Parma in Sept.: 30000...long time ago and the team was not as worst as now.

If you think that 30.000 are coming to a Serie B game - you live in a dreamworld. Sorry man - Serie B games - we would have 1000. Nothing more.

hhaha those figures are wrong. Not sure what they are counting but anyone who watched the game can tell you that there was way more than 5,000 people at the game.

We are averaging 32,000 at each match which is 5th highest in Italy.

Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:01 pm

El Weninho wrote:
Conn wrote:

But that won't happen, if we believe our management. Why?

1. We have a better squad now compared to last year.
2. It's not the manager that steps onto the pitch.
3. The results of il Calcio doesn't depend on the campagnia acquisti.
4. This is a squad that has huge potential that now needs to be demonstrated.
5. Ballardini is not in discussion.

Very Happy Wink

The backtracking is sickening. I apologise in advance for using you as an example Johan but there's a few things I'd like to get off my chest.

What has this squad lost in comparison to last season?

Pandev - this has already been discussed. You described to me in private that you felt Cruz was potentially the best acquisition of the Lotito era and now we also have Floccari in attack. Is Goran that great a loss?

Ledesma - We agree on this, although in the eyes of the law, it seems Cristian wronged us rather than us wronging him so I do have to wonder if we could have avoided this situation. I sense yes, but if he is refusing to play for us then so be it

Rozehnal - Couldn't cut it in England's top tier, made countless mistakes for us and his highlight in Germany is getting ludicrously sent off in a prominent Derby and costing his team a vital victory. Not needed.

Cribari - I'm probably the only one here who stuck by this kid but after constant abuse, I can't blame him for going elsewhere.

De Silvestri - Not as good as Lichti, not as talented as Faraoni so other than his Lazialita', I feel he had little to offer.

Now, we also have Biava, Dias, Hitzlsperger...the difference in quality for me is minimal from how we ended last season and how we started against Catania.

What we do have instead is a backroom management that can barely dress themselves and a bunch of players who are no longer happy to be here.

How can people criticise Baronio? He gives his all and we don't have another regista who is "available" apparently so what are we supposed to do?
How can people criticise Firmani? He gives 100%, oozes Lazialita' and is the only option we have since Brocchi and Dabo can't stay fit for more than a week this season.
How can people criticise Mauri? We don't have a natural trequartista, Foggia is a moody so-and-so and Matuzalem can't stay fit. Ok, so Stefano misses chances, perhaps you should appreciate the effort and intelligence behind his ability to find himself in such positions.

There are a million-and-one reasons behind what Sile would describe as a clusterfuck of a season but no point in people coming around here and saying the saw it coming.

The only person I recall mentioning the distinct possibility of relegation in pre-season was me, although Conn will have you believe otherwise.

I'd rather we prepared for battle instead of sitting here and saying it was always going to be this way; because it wasn't and it doesn't have to be.
Back to top Go down
blue-white
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:03 pm

I also thought that we have more people in the stadium. scratch

But we wonīt have 30.000 in Serie B.

I also want to say that I always wanted that Lazio stays in Serie A. I only wanted to discuss if itīs not better to get relegated because many people were saying it before Christmas break.

@conceicao14: I also hope, but I donīt think that Lotito will sell the club in the next years. Do you think that he will sell?
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Let me be your Sancho Panza, Caxi. Damn those windmills.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:11 pm

blue-white wrote:
Quote :
Just the sale of Kolarov and Zarate would bring him 30-35 million €

he would not get so much money for 2 Serie B players. No cub president in the world will spend so much when he knows that the players want away and their president has to sell them...and Iīm sure that in their contracts stands that they can go for cheaper if Lazio get relegated.

TV rights are not peanuts.

You think that Lazio would have 30.000 people in the stadium in Serie B?! - Then I say - letīs go there because we donīt have them in Serie A.

Don't think I'm arguing with you but:

1) He doesn't have to sell anyone if he does not want to. (or if there's a contract clause)
2) TV rights are peanuts. Lotito had to take the TV rights in advance for the next 3-4 years to pay the Zarate transfer so how much can it be? 4-5 mill max per year.
3) As Caput Mundi said (and me before him) we are averaging 30,000 people per game. Most of them are probably season ticket holders but anyway, but that's a decent sum but still nothing to make a big fuss about, long term maybe but a season in B with little spectators wouldn't hurt lotito's pocket that much.

And just another thing, people were coming in tens of thousands to watch Fiorentina's and Napoli's games in serie B, what makes you think laziali are less devoted and loyal.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A real relegation battle   Today at 9:15 pm

Back to top Go down

A real relegation battle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next