Back to top Go down
Nickx13
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 215
Country and city : Belgio, Anversa.
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:32 am

La Lazio needs the support from La Curva, that's true, but the fans have to show that they really don't accept this situation.

Curva Nord, you have my full support.

However, I have also a big respect for the fans who will go into the stadium!
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Sweden
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:02 am

Conn wrote:
Clearly the protest is not meant to attack Mr Reja or the players.

This is the essential part. And as mentioned I think everybody knows that.

I really hope this action will be a success with united supporters, because the potential result of that would be more important then three points on sunday. The only thing I fear is that the opinions about this action will be to different to be able to carry out.
Back to top Go down
Nesta_Jr
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 209
Country and city : Sweden, Stockholm
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:35 am

CN has my full support. If the protest is carried out by a majority of the fans then this will send a strong signal! Hopefully (really strange to say this as i love the crowd) we will see an empty stadium!
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:29 am

for me a filled up but silent stadium is better....playing in front of empty stands is an awful feeling, especially at home!
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:54 am

As much as the team needs points right now, I'm sure Reja and the players understand the current situation at the club and know the fans are on their side so they wouldn't feel directly targeted at if the strike took place. As Conn said - La Lazio will have massive fan support in the upcoming clashes with Bologna, Livorno and Udinese so this game can be protested. Lotito must go. So I fully support the Curva Nord's decision to boycott this match.

Also, can someone tell me more about the elections? I don't live in Rome or Italy so I have no idea what's going on. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
gracuno
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 59
Country and city : Sandnes, Norway
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:16 am

I was divided in this question before conn's post but now I think that it might be the right thing to do longterm due to the elections coming up.
Question to Conn: How does the outcome look to have a successfull strike? If CN go through with this I think it's important to show that i tifosi laziali is united in this question.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Tough choice maybe, but I wouldnt atend if the Curva decided to protest in this way. Sad, but drastic measurements are needed.
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 624
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm pretty sure that Reja has spent enough time in the Calcio coaching ranks to realise that if the fans strike, that it is nothing personal against him. In fact, i think that before Edy took this gig, that he was well aware of the split between fans/administration. So on that point, it wouldnt even surprise me if Edy supports the strike? I dont see how it can effect his ability to coach the side.

At the end of the day, whether its a right or wrong tactic to strike, the CN are the soldiers on the frontline. They are doing everything & anything to heap pressure on this maggot we have as a president.

They have my support, and any fan who steps into that stadium in direct opposition to the CN suggested strike, is a scab.
Back to top Go down
ilsemprelaziale
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 126
Country and city : Denmark
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 pm

This just goes beyond my belief as a fan, to not go to the stadium and support the team. I don't believe that being a fan means you must support everything the club does, we have every right to disagree with the things they might have done, but at the end of the day the team needs our support, especially in a situation like this. If we were placed 10th with no chance of relegation or getting top 6 i would be okay with this maybe, but right now we need to be afraid of being relegated and this is like the worst timing ever.

How can you say this game is not important? wake up and realise that every damn game we play until the season end is important. We could end up being relegated due to goal difference or 1 point difference, meaning this game might just be the one that either saves us, or seals our fate.

Every football player out there will tell you that playing in front of fans supporting you makes a huge difference, and that playing while your fans are against you or even gone, makes you nervous.

In some ways im happy that I am not roman or just live in Rome, I don't have to make the choice of attending or not.

Like I said before, worst timing ever No This should have been done earlier in the season or huge protest in the streets of rome or at the training ground.
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Agree 200% with Curva Nord and Conn...

An empty stadium would not make the players feel that the supporters leaving them, if we (people from another side of globe) know what the purpose of the emptying stadium protest is, then so do the players and reja...

Remember, the players also needs the new fresh air. Many and maybe almost all the players hate Lotito, he's the one that limiting the salary right? he's the one that nailing players to the stand right? he's the one that having a bad transfer market right? he's the one that buying mediocre players from all over the world and make this team overloaded with junks right? and the list of his sins would go on and on...

a mass protest or demonstration is gathered to show a viewpoint to the broader public, in the time of an election happens this kind of viewpoint (which shall rise if the protest is succesful) will be used by politicians to win the election. I know, the politicians are hipocrite and opportunist... but we're not talking about politicians here, and we're not protesting to help them win the election... our demostration that we hate Lotito will be broad up by politicians in televisions and newspapers and it can make many important people such as people from government and rich businessman realize that something is really wrong and hopefully that they'll do something to help la Lazio!!
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:59 pm

El Weninho wrote:
The only thing I fear is that the opinions about this action will be to different to be able to carry out.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm under the impression that not enough is being done to rally the critical mass of people to be able to pull this thing off adequately. The Curva Nord will be empty, this is for sure. What has been done to persuade the others that failed to persuade them the last time the protest was made (and failed)? What about Sodalizio, the laziali occupying the distinti, Tevere and Monte Mario?

Here are the possible outcomes of this protest:

1) The protest fails, Lazio loses = clusterfuck
2) The protest fails, Lazio wins = Lotito's smile is wider than the Pacific
3) Protest succeeds, Lazio wins = score 1 for the CN
4) Protest succeeds, Lazio loses = the team is left alone in front of an empty stadium
5) Any draw leaves a status quo

What I'm trying to say is if you want to do it, do it right. It's either everybody in the stadium or nobody, there can be no gray areas. Every half-ass coup is bound to be a disaster. Counting the responses in this topic there's 14 people for the protest and 11 against. I have no input on the situation on the streets of Rome, but judging by the last protest I believe the situation is similar.

And personally, I wouldn't believe a word a politician says, let alone just before the elections. They might as well be using CN for their own agenda instead of CN using the politicians for pushing their beliefs.

Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:38 pm

just one question: how would we know if the protest succeeds ?
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:54 pm

By "protest succeeds" I mean that enough people abstain from coming to the match, meaning no more than 5 thousand laziali come to the game.

Back to top Go down
Biancocelesti
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 341
Country and city : Sweden, Uppsala
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:03 pm

Support the curva 100%

Hopefully only lotito will be in the stadium!!!
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:41 pm

gracuno wrote:

Question to Conn: How does the outcome look to have a successfull strike? If CN go through with this I think it's important to show that i tifosi laziali is united in this question.

It’s very important indeed. The message that an empty stadium would send would be tremendous, considering that we play on Saturday at 20.45, so there will be exclusive tv coverage. I’m afraid, however, it will remain a dream…

ilsemprelaziale wrote:

How can you say this game is not important? wake up and realise that every damn game we play until the season end is important. We could end up being relegated due to goal difference or 1 point difference, meaning this game might just be the one that either saves us, or seals our fate.

Who’s said this game is not important? I said it is very important. On the other hand, it is not crucial. It is not a crucial match. Crucial it is something else.

About the waking up part, well I think we woke up a long time ago. About 4 years, more or less…

Sile wrote:

And personally, I wouldn't believe a word a politician says, let alone just before the elections. They might as well be using CN for their own agenda instead of CN using the politicians for pushing their beliefs.

The game that CN is playing with the politicians is based on the motto “facts, not words”. There are four weeks to the elections. Lazio fans have already announced that they will cancel their vote if no tangible effort from politicians to help us get rid of lotito is seen. Lazio fans have claimed that s.s. Lazio situation has turned into a “social problem”, and the consequences can be imagined.

On Saturday we’ll show how credible and worthy of politicians’ help we are.
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 784
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Biancocelesti wrote:
Support the curva 100%

And if that happens Lazio will 100% go to Serie "B"! Our team needs support and help from the fans! Lotito won't leave the club even if it is relegated ...
Really, really bad decision by the CN No This is a crucial moment in the season and this is the time when the team needs it's fans more than ever.
Back to top Go down
ilsemprelaziale
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 126
Country and city : Denmark
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 pm

Conn: every match from now on is crucial, you and every other Laziale know this.

Either way, my mind is split here. It's a very extreme thing to do, this protest and the fact that this time everyone is just staying away completely. I have a really bad feeling about this thing and im afraid that it will have a negative effect on the team, not just in this match.
Back to top Go down
Biancocelesti
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 341
Country and city : Sweden, Uppsala
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:36 pm

martinese wrote:
Biancocelesti wrote:
Support the curva 100%

And if that happens Lazio will 100% go to Serie "B"! Our team needs support and help from the fans! Lotito won't leave the club even if it is relegated ...
Really, really bad decision by the CN No This is a crucial moment in the season and this is the time when the team needs it's fans more than ever.

There are 12 rounds after this game, we'll go to B if nobody goes to the stadium this weekend?
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:10 pm

like paolo said, secure serie a then leave the rest of the games empty if you want.

truth is lazio needs them right now, more than lolito-

securing serie a is essential! then by all means empty out the stadium even if its for various games.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:38 pm

One point is , for sure, certain: no one has the real solution.
what kills us is that anyone is looking forward to get out of this nightmare that is made by different positions, ideals, opinions, behaviors .
Each one of us has his personal thought and to mix them all togheter in the name of a football team is like creating the new cold fusion ( nuclear power)

Is like a never-ending battle where soldier are lost in the field .

Paolo thoughts can be different from Conn ones but our aim is the same: La Lazio !
The same is for you and even if you reverse or watch it from different angles nothing change.
What makes the difference right now are those that do not admit to themselves that something in this management is wrong .

saturday night i will not point my finger to those inside the stadium because i do understand their feeling but i will, at least, sign those that are totally blind and totally dwarf when around there are more then 90% screaming the same words-

Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:08 am

this is how I see things - CN empty, we win. Lotito is happy and will bash the fans for not supporting the team. And guess who is the winner in this situation....yes the fans will make the point they(we) don't like Lotito, but on the other hand have you seen Pool, Man U playing in front of empty stands? Hell NO!

and WTF have politics and elections to do with Lazio !?
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 am

I'm really tired of this discussion. Besides, I'm not trying to convince anyone. Just trying to make clear the point of those we will not enter in the match against Fiorentina.

What I (we) think, and I will repeat it now, is that Lazio-Fiorentina is not a crucial match for us. We can lose and still have a relatively easy way to avoid relegation. Despite the fact you might agree or not, since it is an opinion I expect people to respect it. Besides, before bashing those who will join the protest, please try to make an effort and imagine that Lazio could even win without the support of the fans (amazing!).

What I know, is that saturday we'll get a great chance to push lotito away. That's it. The last thing I want to do is trying to convince some people here who are skeptical on the political channel and at the same time do not have a clue about what's going on between political parties in rome right now (and also seem not to have a clue about how closely politics linked with Lazio in our history).

In history, all the most important victories were reached thanks to tough choices, important decisions in situations where much was at stake. If you want to obtain something, you must be ready to go through hell. Our chance is now, and we have chosen to do our best to take it.

Personally, I am ready to support Lazio even in the away match at Bologna and, if they will allow us to go, to Livorno. I will support the guys up to the last match. And then I will forget about my season ticket because I'm tired of lotito, I'm tired of being preso per il culo, I'm tired of seeing fans divided every sunday, and I'm tired of seeing "laziali" who are ready to attack CN no matter what. The saddest football season ever.

ps For those who think that the protest will not affect lotito: for the match against Fiorentina lotito has decided to give free tickets to all the members (and parents) of all the Lazio youth teams and all the youth football teams linked to Lazio. He's also planning to invite VIP Lazio fans to the tribuna.
The madman fears the protest... a good news for all Laziali :)
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:28 am

ilsemprelaziale wrote:
This just goes beyond my belief as a fan, to not go to the stadium and support the team. I don't believe that being a fan means you must support everything the club does, we have every right to disagree with the things they might have done, but at the end of the day the team needs our support, especially in a situation like this. If we were placed 10th with no chance of relegation or getting top 6 i would be okay with this maybe, but right now we need to be afraid of being relegated and this is like the worst timing ever.

Every football player out there will tell you that playing in front of fans supporting you makes a huge difference, and that playing while your fans are against you or even gone, makes you nervous.

In some ways im happy that I am not roman or just live in Rome, I don't have to make the choice of attending or not.

Like I said before, worst timing ever No This should have been done earlier in the season or huge protest in the streets of rome or at the training ground.

First of all: I think no one said that this game is not important. It's just that there might be greater things to achieve then three points on sunday.

At the end of the day maybe this protest is the best support our team can get. Because in a longer perspective, what says anything will change with the management? Lazio's issues are serious. I would say they are bigger than the relegation-battle at this point. Or maybe better explained: the relegation battle is a consequence of the issues.

And obviously this is, unfortunately, the best chance to make a stand. I'm not saying it's perfect timing, but if it's not done now it could be to late. Unfortunately there is no room to pick the time of this action.

And besides: the players haven't been strong at Olimpico for like three years now despite having the best curva in Italy. It's not like giving away three points just because the fans does not enter, even if the curva is very important. For the playars that understands this action, I actually believe it will give them even more grinta to use. If Reja is clever he will use players like Firmani, Stendardo, Rocchi, Matuzalem and Lichststeiner.
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:45 am

Conn wrote:
please try to make an effort and imagine that Lazio could even win without the support of the fans (amazing!).

great description!!

i'm so confused why so many people here were exaggerating the effect of the empty stadium to the team!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lazio Fiorentina : Strike   Today at 9:05 am

Back to top Go down

Lazio Fiorentina : Strike
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next