Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Muslera nananananana...muslera nananananana...muslera nananananana...
Back to top Go down
Il Capitano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 352
Country and city : Germany
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Incredible football by Germany, this is really incredible!
Back to top Go down
hamidsinisa
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 466
Country and city : Persia
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:24 pm

I didnt have time to come here in last 24 hours... So now I shout it: Nandooooooooooooooooo Very Happy

and Germans...
affraid
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Any channel where we can follow the match?

zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 484
Country and city : Macedonia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:55 pm

as i said many times before - Bundesrepublik Deutschland weltmeister!!!
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:22 am

zoran wrote:
as i said many times before - Bundesrepublik Deutschland weltmeister!!!

yeah until Nando stops them! :)
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:15 am

Il Capitano wrote:
Incredible football by Germany, this is really incredible!

Brilliant football indeed Il Capitano.

I've been a German NT fan for years now (and also an Argentinian NT fan Crying or Very sad ) and this team has really impressed. Joachim Loew got everything spot on and totally dismantled Argentina. Messi, Tevez and Higuain were nowhere. The midfield were played off the pitch and provided no cover for the defense, and few good balls for the attack. Every single German player had a stand out performance. Schweinsteiger was a rock, Klose was clinical as always, Ozil caused so many problems, Lahm, Podolski, Friedrich, Khedira, etc, all played so well. They will take some stopping.

I picked Germany to win the World Cup as early as last year and I'm still sticking with that prediction all the way through. Never for once underestimated them. Spain, Uruguay and the Netherlands are all quality teams but on this form, Germany are really unbeatable IMO.

As for the Spain vs Paraguay match..... IMO Spain were fortunate to get through. The referee caused further controversy (as if there weren't any in the tournament prior).

Valdez's goal around the 40th minute should have stood. He was onside, no handball, no nothing. The only thing I can think of is that the linesman thought Cardozo (who was offside) touched the ball when jumping for it. If that's the case its unfortunate and from his angle I agree it probably looked that way but nonetheless, the Paraguayans weren't given a rightful goal which would have turned the game around just before the break.

Both penalties were controversial. Not whether they should have been given (they were both rightfully given IMO), but rather that in both cases before Cardozo and Xabi Alonso respectfully took the penalty kicks, a few Spanish players jumped inside the penalty box. In Cardozo's case his shot was saved and nothing else. The match carried on. In Xabi Alonso's case he scored but had to retake the penalty, which was subsequently saved by Villar. Very inconsistent referring IMO and in both cases it was the Spaniards fault for running in too early.
Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 859
Country and city : Estonia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:49 am

Germans wont win it.
As for Nando....he wasnt in his best against Ghana in the beginning but when he got some real work to do then he started to shine again until the end. So it isnt always good to play against weak teams when you have to read the newspaper in the goal.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 688
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:19 pm

NEVER write off the Germans...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:35 pm

In the space of a game, Argentina went from playing like a team of champions (aside from defense) to a team of individuals. Similarly to Brazil but I cannot say I expect such a dismantling. Now, question is, how much can we credit that to the Germans' play?

Germany lost in a competitive game against Serbia. Spain lost in a competitive game against Switzerland. Despite subsequent performances, neither of these two sides, for me, merit Jules Rimet on that basis alone.

Holland have been poor enough but have played like a team throughout. I'd have to now make them favourites and if Uruguay can't manage the unmanageable, then Holland are the only other team that for me deserve this trophy.

[url]http://lazio.theoffside.com
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:45 pm

When's the last time a team managed to lose a game and still win the Cup?

Personally, I hope the winner of Uruguay-Netherlands ends up getting crowned champion.

by the way, just out of interest....in Australia Luis Suarez is getting condemned as a cheat. Aussies have always taken the moral high ground and don't really understand the game of football. Is Suarez being called a cheat anywhere else??

pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:02 am

Bobbi wrote:
As for the Spain vs Paraguay match..... IMO Spain were fortunate to get through. The referee caused further controversy (as if there weren't any in the tournament prior).

Valdez's goal around the 40th minute should have stood. He was onside, no handball, no nothing. The only thing I can think of is that the linesman thought Cardozo (who was offside) touched the ball when jumping for it. If that's the case its unfortunate and from his angle I agree it probably looked that way but nonetheless, the Paraguayans weren't given a rightful goal which would have turned the game around just before the break.

Both penalties were controversial. Not whether they should have been given (they were both rightfully given IMO), but rather that in both cases before Cardozo and Xabi Alonso respectfully took the penalty kicks, a few Spanish players jumped inside the penalty box. In Cardozo's case his shot was saved and nothing else. The match carried on. In Xabi Alonso's case he scored but had to retake the penalty, which was subsequently saved by Villar. Very inconsistent referring IMO and in both cases it was the Spaniards fault for running in too early.

The Valdez goal was cancelled due Cardoso's off-side position, but for me it was a clear cut goal, could have been 1-0 for Paraguay.

Spain got inside the game, after the sub of Torres AGAIN (man, he's pretty miserable for this moment), and got the final lucky break with another touch of class by Iniesta. Think the players couldn't cope with the pressure, Spain always got knocked out in the WC 1/4 fin-stage.

Next, Germany, by far the best team in this WC, BUT it won't surprise me if Wednesday Spain can come out as winner, because this WC has seen already some major upsets (France/Italia/England/Brazil/Argentina), so why not again ?
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:57 am

Like Ed said, 'Never write off the Germans' and I personally never do. Spain versus Germany will be a massive match. I agree at times both sides have looked unconvincing but their losses to Switzerland and Serbia respectively weren't as bad as most people make them out to be. IMO both Spain and Germany didn't deserve to lose those matches and had a bit more luck gone their way I'm sure they would have pulled out draws or even wins.

Muller will be out of the semi which is a big blow for the Germans. He is one of their key players, and I don't know whether Loew will change formation or make a straight swap. With who though is another question. As for Spain, Torres still hasn't found his feet at this WC, but thankfully Villa has been terrific and Iniesta has in recent games looked very good. Too tough a game to predict but really looking forward to it.

Uruguay and Holland both remain unbeaten and have solid defenses and keepers (although shaky at times). Van der Wiel, Mathijisen, De Jong and Suarez are all regulars suspended or injured for this clash and that could make things interesting. I'm expecting a close game but with a fair amount of goals - and don't know why but I have a good feeling the Uruguayans might just pull through.

@ Caput Mundi: NZ hardly care's about football unfortunately so Suarez's red card I'm sure hasn't even been mentioned (apart from highlights on the News). I don't consider him a cheat personally. Most of my football friends see it as a scummy act (and to an extent I agree) but we agree that if you were in the same situation you'd probably do the same thing (I know I would). I reckon its due to instinct and tension, as well as being in the heat of the moment. I have nothing against what he did and don't value Luis Suarez more or less than what I did before. For me he's still a top striker. I am however very sad for Ghana. Had he not hand balled the ball then it would have been a goal and the African side would now be training for a semifinal clash. It's very harsh on them.
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 624
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Caxi wrote:

Holland have been poor enough but have played like a team throughout. I'd have to now make them favourites and if Uruguay can't manage the unmanageable, then Holland are the only other team that for me deserve this trophy.

I agree.

We all know that the Dutch can play beautiful attacking football. Against Brazil, they showed they can win ugly matches with grit and strength. During this tournament, they have largely, and even to this point, flown under the radar.
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Caput Mundi wrote:
When's the last time a team managed to lose a game and still win the Cup?

In 1978 when Argentina won the World Cup. They lost to Italy in the group stage.

Last edited by Taib on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Paul the octopus says that Spain will win. I believe him and so does my money Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Il Capitano wrote:
As you can imagine I am very nervous today. Germany has a better shot at winning the WC than four years ago and back then they were really close. But they have a much more difficult path to go. Argentina, then maybe Spain and the Dutch in the final? That's nuts! I'm happy to rely on Paul, the octopus, who predicted Germany to win in a nailbiter. I guess though, that my nerves couldn't handle a penalty shoot-out so I pray we advance withouth one.

One thing I would like to add is the fact that many still consider England or France as good teams. Well, one could argue that France just had a terrible coach since Domenech took over and you see what a tactical mastermind like Jogi Lw can do to your team if you are well prepared and the team listens to what you actually have to say. Regarding England though they had a top-tier coach, but they tend to overrate their own players since years. Since Peter Shilton they never had a super keeper again. They only have one world-class striker in Rooney and basically nothing right behind him (Heskey came on against Germany, are you kidding me???). In the league most top-teams field only foreigners. The same basically goes for Italy. Four years ago they had all the luck in the world, this time, like two years ago, they hadn't and so their real value was shown. Both countries need to heavily change their system if they want to convince people again, not talking about winning, but playing watchable football at first. Countries like Germany, or Spain for that matter, have a huge advantage: A lot of home players are playing in their leagues. For example Germany was able to call-up seven players from the Champions League-finalist Bayern Munich. Italy on the other side called up how many Inter-players? Spain also has many players to call from Barcelona or Real. That's the obvious difference. So maybe instead of buying a second-tier guy from Chile or South Korea maybe try to invest into a youth system and let those players actually play!

Not long ago there were more Italian players in Serie A then there are German players making appearences and I do think it has changed so much especially with many German teams with having half or more then half of their suqads made of foreigners.

Link

As for seven players from Bayern Munich only Schweinsteiger, Mueller and Lahm play regulary for Bayern Munich and Germany. Klose hardly gets a game for Bayern Munich and the rest just make up the numbers.

Italy play to the Italian style. If that is not watchable then it does not matter since Italy has won more World Cups then any other country except Brazil playing "not watchable football". In fact I would rather see Italy win with the defensive style with good organasation and good defence like in 2006 then play attractive football and lose in the quater finals like Argentina does.

There are plenty of reasons why Italy failed this time round and most people already know them. Wrong players were called up and Lippi was too stubbern being the most obvious.
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:20 pm

Caput Mundi wrote:
by the way, just out of interest....in Australia Luis Suarez is getting condemned as a cheat. Aussies have always taken the moral high ground and don't really understand the game of football. Is Suarez being called a cheat anywhere else??

On certain other Internet forum he has been branded a cheat. :) I think this is ridiculous. First, there should have been offside just before the penalty incident. Second Suarez was sent off, so he paid the penalty (excuse the lame pun). Tactical fouls are part of the game, this one was merely a bit more dramatic than the average tactical foul.
Back to top Go down
Il Capitano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Jofo wrote:
Paul the octopus says that Spain will win. I believe him and so does my money Very Happy

He will predict tomorrow at 11:00 CET. But thanks for letting us know how you waste your money. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Il Capitano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:22 pm

@Taib: True, only three to four of those Bayern players are actually starters with the national team, but it gives you a certain idea of the generaly quality and where it comes from. Also, compared to other leagues, German top teams usually field several German players, let it be Schalke, Leverkusen, Bremen, Dortmund, Hamburg or Stuttgart. Basically only Bayern qualifies for the Champions League every season and the other teams exchange each other. That means that many players, many of them also being German, regularly experience football on a high level. In Italy or England it's almost always the same teams (Arsenal, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and Inter, Milan, Juve, Roma) and they use mostly foreigners. If you look at Barcelona they field a lot of Spanish players. The Dutch team has the advantage that they hardly have a lot of pressure within their own league and young players can learn and play. Once they are good enough they go elsewhere and play anyways, see van Persie, Robben and Sneijder (amongst others). They also have probably the best youth system in the world, something England and Italy totally lack.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:23 pm

I wouldn't over analyse why teams progressed and why they didn't.

The so-called big guns, in my opinion, achieved as much as they could and I would include my pre-tournament tip of the Argies in that. In my opinion, Spain should also be gone. It would be somewhat a farce if they prevail.

Germany and Holland have the blend of experience, youth and the unknown that has won World Cups for eternity. Spain have got lucky and Uruguay have all the right elements and a great coach, they just lack a slight bit of quality and it is only slight. A top forward line they have.

[url]http://lazio.theoffside.com
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:55 am

Germany only got where they are now because of the 4-0 win over Australia.

Spain should have been eliminated 3 times already, but protection from the referees and so on got them here.

Uruguay are a fairy tale, but without Suarez Forlan will have it much harder working with only Cavani or Abreu.

And Holland play terrible footie and are here only due to blind luck and the fact Dunga was a moron to let Melo stay on the pitch.

Unfortunately there are no teams (except Brazil) who should, regarding quality of football showed, be there but aren't. A terrible tourney to watch as a neutral.

Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 859
Country and city : Estonia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:40 am

What affraid Forlan is out? if yes then they will struggle....i hope it will have an positive effect though.

Forza Uruguay!!!!!!!!!!! Lets beat Netherlands..........
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:18 am

just Suarez is out cause of the red card. Didn't hear anything about Forlan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Today at 3:33 pm

Back to top Go down

The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 22 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next