Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 784
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:31 am

LazioS70 wrote:
Great....who will replace Suarez?

Abreu ? Or maybe Cavani will get a more attacking role
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:45 am

LazioS70 wrote:
Great....who will replace Suarez?

I will :) I'm just sad two of my favorites meet at the 1/2 final :)
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Il Capitano wrote:
@Taib: True, only three to four of those Bayern players are actually starters with the national team, but it gives you a certain idea of the generaly quality and where it comes from. Also, compared to other leagues, German top teams usually field several German players, let it be Schalke, Leverkusen, Bremen, Dortmund, Hamburg or Stuttgart. Basically only Bayern qualifies for the Champions League every season and the other teams exchange each other. That means that many players, many of them also being German, regularly experience football on a high level. In Italy or England it's almost always the same teams (Arsenal, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and Inter, Milan, Juve, Roma) and they use mostly foreigners. If you look at Barcelona they field a lot of Spanish players. The Dutch team has the advantage that they hardly have a lot of pressure within their own league and young players can learn and play. Once they are good enough they go elsewhere and play anyways, see van Persie, Robben and Sneijder (amongst others). They also have probably the best youth system in the world, something England and Italy totally lack.

German top teams are sh!t. They are vastly inferior to the Italian, Spanish and England teams. Other then Bayern Munich, who had all the luck in the world, the last German team to reach the semi-finals or better in the Champions League was Bayer Leverkusen in the 2001-2002 season. Playing group games is hardly high level. The German teams have more success in the UEFA Cup. The Champions League is too big a jump in quality for all of them from quarter finals onwards when they meet teams with many top quality players most of the time with a lot of foreigners.

The Dutch have a good youth system but they also have the advantadge that their league is complete sh!t as well. The good players quickly get signed off to big leagues and then clubs are forced to field youth players enhancing their development. In Italy that does not happen because very rarely do Italian players leave abroad.

Italy's priority must be first getting the stadia up to date and then letting the clubs run the stadiums themselves thereby generating more revenue. Then the clubs can invest more on youth systems which at the moment is very flawed anyway. In Italy the priority is too much in the short term results with very little afterthought to youth which takes time.

Back to top Go down
Il Capitano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 352
Country and city : Germany
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:41 pm

One can argue that Bayern Munich had all the luck in the world but I totally disagree with your statement that our German top teams are sh!t. Take a look atthe UEFA club ranking. Next year the Bundesliga will overtake the Serie A and there must be a reason for it given the huge success Italian club teams had for so many years. Bayern went to Juventus and crushed them at home 4:1 and I guess they are still considered a top team in Italy. While Spanish top teams (read Barcelona and Real) still field many Spanish players England does the same as Italy, hardly field domestic players. And generally your statement is a prove again how English and Italian media often see their own players, overrated. You must wonder how England can still go to a WC or EURO and expect to win anything. Despite a stolen WC in 66, which they might have won anyway, what did they achieve? When is the last time they reached a semifinal of a WC? 20 years ago! Last EURO semifinal 14 years ago! Facts which show that you should put a team first despite fielding eleven individuals which might be good on paper but always fail to deliver.
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:06 pm

1-0 for the Dutch, unstoppeable shot on target
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Forlan 1-1
out of nothing, another Jabulani goal
Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 859
Country and city : Estonia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Out of netherlands shiddy play.....grande Forlan!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a nervous game.....i hope Uru will take it.
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:01 pm

2-1 Sneijder ... another lucky touch and deviation for the Dutch, when will this luck stop ?

EDIT : 3-1 Robben
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:30 pm

Fucking refs, the second Dutch goal should have been offside and Van Bommel was kicking players left, right and center all game, only gets a yellow in the final seconds. I feel for the Uruguayan players, despite the injuries and suspension they were an equal opponent to Holland, but two moments of genius from van Bronckhorst and Robben decided the game. That and the refs.
Back to top Go down
drake1900
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 383
Country and city : belgio ,malines
Laziale since : since i was 7
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:30 pm

pazke wrote:
2-1 Sneijder ... another lucky touch and deviation for the Dutch, when will this luck stop ?

EDIT : 3-1 Robben
this luck will hopefully stop against Germany or Spain
Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:43 pm

I hope Spain wins....i consider not to even watch the final nor tommows game. It fucking makes me so mad when gloryhunters are calling me after the game and ironically ask me whats the score. Or i got an sms "Yeeeee Muslera" he had no chance for those goals. I hate footballllllllllllllllllllll
I really hope Uruguay holds that good level of football in the future. And i dont have to be nervous about Lazio next season because we are gonna fail anyway.

Forza Uruguay Forza Muslera!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Muslera was quality tonight, IMO, none of the goals was savable. I was so nervous that the pressure might get to him but the boy was good. Too bad for the freaking refs and deflections.
Back to top Go down
Il Capitano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:45 am

pazke wrote:
Forlan 1-1
out of nothing, another Jabulani goal

Another mistake by the keeper, I would say. Every WC the players complain about the new ball, though they had weeks to train and get used to it. And about 13 million Jabulanis were already sold, can't be that bad if everybody wants to play with it.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:10 am

Worst world cup ever. The referee committee should have held a meting and choose the finalists ahead and let us at least watch one honest game. What we're seeing here is absolute bullshit. I'm so fucking sick and tired of the same scenario in every game.

Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 am

Sile wrote:
Worst world cup ever. The referee committee should have held a meting and choose the finalists ahead and let us at least watch one honest game. What we're seeing here is absolute bullshit. I'm so fucking sick and tired of the same scenario in every game.

Agree.

Holland were fortunate to win today. They were slightly better than Uruguay IMO but they weren't anything special. Van Bronckhurst's goal was sweet but Muslera perhaps should have done better. Their other two goals (especially Sneijder's) were ridiculous, and Nando wasn't at fault for either of those two. The ref was a bit biased I thought.

Well done to Uruguay though. Tabarez has assembled a very well organised, disciplined and talented team and they have achieved something special. I hoped they'd make it through to the final but sadly it wasn't to be. Suarez would have been a big help tonight. All the best for the 3rd place playoff. I know we'll all be supporting them! cheers

Back to top Go down
hamidsinisa
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 466
Country and city : Persia
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:43 am

Netherland didnt deserve to win the game. Their second goal was clearly offside. I'm not sure if Dutch forward touvhed the ball or not, but he had blocked Muslera's sight anyway.
Back to top Go down
hamidsinisa
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 466
Country and city : Persia
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:56 am

Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:14 am

great game. IMO Nando should have taken another step on his left and then challenge the ball but the shot was perfect. Second goal could be ruled off side as the dutch player is clearly behind the defense and is trying to deflect the ball which by the book is a clear off-side. The dutch had luck putting the ball exactly in the corners so no matter how much Nando stretched the couldn't reach it. Only if the urus returned the goal 5 mins earlier..... Still I back the dutch for the WC
Back to top Go down
CaptainLazio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 177
Country and city : Denmark, Gentofte
Laziale since : a long time ago...

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:58 am

This game just reminded me why i hate the dutch. So lucky, their 2nd goal was offside nando was left behind by the defense. Lugano was missed so was suarez. Hope spain wins it
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 784
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:27 am

Great game. I'm sad that Uruguay didn't manage to beat the Netherlands but I also like them and I hope they'll win the cup. This was maybe the best game in the whole tournament. It had everything - drama, goals, emotions and a lot of vuvuzelas ....
Back to top Go down
Il Capitano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:49 pm

hamidsinisa wrote:

I like!
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Il Capitano wrote:
One can argue that Bayern Munich had all the luck in the world but I totally disagree with your statement that our German top teams are sh!t. Take a look atthe UEFA club ranking. Next year the Bundesliga will overtake the Serie A and there must be a reason for it given the huge success Italian club teams had for so many years. Bayern went to Juventus and crushed them at home 4:1 and I guess they are still considered a top team in Italy. While Spanish top teams (read Barcelona and Real) still field many Spanish players England does the same as Italy, hardly field domestic players. And generally your statement is a prove again how English and Italian media often see their own players, overrated. You must wonder how England can still go to a WC or EURO and expect to win anything. Despite a stolen WC in 66, which they might have won anyway, what did they achieve? When is the last time they reached a semifinal of a WC? 20 years ago! Last EURO semifinal 14 years ago! Facts which show that you should put a team first despite fielding eleven individuals which might be good on paper but always fail to deliver.

Okay, German top teams are not sh!t. I will be honest, they are less then sh!t. The UEFA Club ranking is flawed when taking into account top teams because it also takes into account results from UEFA Cup as well as Champions League. The top teams play in the Champions League not UEFA Cup. In fact, most top teasm do not care about UEFA Cup. Other then the lucky Bayern, whose own coach admitted prior to the Final that they are not on the same level as the top teams including their opponants, the last team to reach the latter stages was Bayer Leverkusen eight seasons ago. What is the reason to that? Why have German teams failed in that time when even Dutch, French and Portuguese teams have got to the semi-finals since then? The simplist reason? They are sh!t. They are not good enough. They semi-finals are a glass ceiling. The Bundesliga does not attract the very best players either. Bundesliga players rarely recieve nomanations for Bollon D'Or. When people think of the top players in the world they never think of Bundesliga. Juventus were awful last season. Anyone who saw them play would recognise that. They just aout made qualification for Europa League. They are very far away from being a top team. Let Bayern play Internazionale who is a top team and the result differnce in class is clear.

I never wonder about England or anything about their throughly stupid and useless national team. I do not care for them. I support Italy and only Italy. England national team proves nothing which in my previous post I only talked about Italy.
Back to top Go down
Gianni Calcio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 142
Country and city : Canada
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:49 am

I was just in Madrid on vacation

ARRRRIBBBA ESPANA!

They will crush the orange on sunday!
Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:35 am

Poor germans jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor santa I feel good again.....i have two more wishes.....with that game spain just showed i see no way they will lose to orange bastards. And what could be better then uruguay take the 3rd position with a great win over depressed germany. tongue
What a great WC after all Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Today at 3:29 pm

Back to top Go down

The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next