HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Who will win the WC 2010 ?
Argentina
20%
 20% [ 17 ]
Brazil
5%
 5% [ 4 ]
Cameroon
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
England
6%
 6% [ 5 ]
España
24%
 24% [ 20 ]
France
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Germany
11%
 11% [ 9 ]
Ghana
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Holland
8%
 8% [ 7 ]
Italia
10%
 10% [ 8 ]
Ivory Coast
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mexico
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Portugal
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
S Africa
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Uruguay-Serbia-Suisse-Algeria
11%
 11% [ 9 ]
The Rest Of The World
5%
 5% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 84
 

AuthorMessage
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Tue May 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Taib wrote:
Caxi wrote:
I do believe Maradona has already stated that he will play without full-backs which suggests a 3-4-3.

And in a 3-4-3, with Demichelis, Samuel, Mascherano, Veron, Aguero, Tevez and Messi all likely to start, I cannot see where the problems are going to lie against Greece, South Korea and Nigeria.

Brazil won the WC in 2002 with unknowns based in Brazil (Marcos, Rogerio Ceni, Belletti, Anderson Polga, Kleberson, Gilberto Silva, Vampeta, Juninho, Ricardinho, Edilson, Luizao).

Italy won the WC in 2006 relying heavily at times on relative unknowns (Grosso, Zaccardo, Barzagli).

Bear in mind that Argentina in '06 lit up the tournament but were dumped out when tactically outwitted. Perhaps the fact that Rodrigo Palacio was the only out-field Argentinian never to play in Europe made them easy to predict tactically.

Now, take note that Dunga has selected a squad of players who have all played in Europe at one point or another. I genuinely believe they will be found out tactically, in the same way USA exposed them in the Confederations Cup. But this time, a better side will see it through.


It is the exact reason why England haven't won a WC since '66; their players are the most watched in the world and are easier to prepare against tactically. You can argue that Maradona doesn't have the tactical capacity to open the door of his house but Argentina have such an easy group that he has 3 cracks at that particular whip...and I firmly believe he will strike gold.

Honestly, I do not want you to be offended but it is posts like this that border on the ridiculous that make it very difficult for me to take seriously anything you write. I am going ot keep it simple as possible without explanations since I believe you do not take onboard anything I write.

I have not read Maradona saying he would play without fullbacks. As another poster pointed out he said he would play a 442 system, a system has fullbacks. Furthermore in his last five competitive matches Maradona has played with a flatback 4 which has fullbacks. If you are privy to where Maradona saying he would play without fullbacks then I would like you to show me.

Brazil won the World Cup after getting a carte blanche when their main rivals went out in the early stages of the competition. France, Portugal, Argentina, Italy never got into the quaterfinals and Spain went out in the quarter finals. The only good teams they played were England and Germany and even then they were not great teams.

The only thing Italy relied on Zaccardo to do was score the only goal Buffon conceded from open play in 2006 World Cup. He subsequently never played in the tournament again. Barzagli played one half against Australia and against Ukraine. Grosso is the exception.

If that was really the case then why not choose the entire team of home based players? Why not? Argentina's best players play in Europe.

Or maybe the reason why England have not won a World Cup since 1966 is because they never have had a team good enough to win.

Well Maradona has had 18 cracks at the whip already and still not struck gold so even more likely scenario is that he will not find the gold in the next 3 attempts since he has not got the technical capacity to open a shoebox never mind give tactics on the World Cup stage.

Taib, don't worry about offending me, this debate is endless. All I have seen from you on this forum is a defense of certain teams (Arsenal, Real Madrid, Brazil and Spain) and a flat out refusal to accept that you could be wrong.

Admittedly, I am now uncertain as to what formation Maradona will field. I did read somewhere that he said the use of full-backs would be a secondary tactic but that could have been a translation mistake. My original post here was in a tone of shock.

I discount Brazil and Spain as contenders for the World Cup because I don't believe their squads have enough in attacking areas. Both were also found out defensively at times in the Confederations Cup. For me, the so-called teams that will bomb in the World Cup are actually the better squads. For me Argentina and France are better than anyone else out there and I also think Germany, England and Holland all have squads to contend with.

I'd rather we waited until the World Cup to continue this debate but I have no doubt you will shy away should your prophecies fail.
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed May 19, 2010 6:59 pm

Caxi wrote:
Taib wrote:
Caxi wrote:
I do believe Maradona has already stated that he will play without full-backs which suggests a 3-4-3.

And in a 3-4-3, with Demichelis, Samuel, Mascherano, Veron, Aguero, Tevez and Messi all likely to start, I cannot see where the problems are going to lie against Greece, South Korea and Nigeria.

Brazil won the WC in 2002 with unknowns based in Brazil (Marcos, Rogerio Ceni, Belletti, Anderson Polga, Kleberson, Gilberto Silva, Vampeta, Juninho, Ricardinho, Edilson, Luizao).

Italy won the WC in 2006 relying heavily at times on relative unknowns (Grosso, Zaccardo, Barzagli).

Bear in mind that Argentina in '06 lit up the tournament but were dumped out when tactically outwitted. Perhaps the fact that Rodrigo Palacio was the only out-field Argentinian never to play in Europe made them easy to predict tactically.

Now, take note that Dunga has selected a squad of players who have all played in Europe at one point or another. I genuinely believe they will be found out tactically, in the same way USA exposed them in the Confederations Cup. But this time, a better side will see it through.


It is the exact reason why England haven't won a WC since '66; their players are the most watched in the world and are easier to prepare against tactically. You can argue that Maradona doesn't have the tactical capacity to open the door of his house but Argentina have such an easy group that he has 3 cracks at that particular whip...and I firmly believe he will strike gold.

Honestly, I do not want you to be offended but it is posts like this that border on the ridiculous that make it very difficult for me to take seriously anything you write. I am going ot keep it simple as possible without explanations since I believe you do not take onboard anything I write.

I have not read Maradona saying he would play without fullbacks. As another poster pointed out he said he would play a 442 system, a system has fullbacks. Furthermore in his last five competitive matches Maradona has played with a flatback 4 which has fullbacks. If you are privy to where Maradona saying he would play without fullbacks then I would like you to show me.

Brazil won the World Cup after getting a carte blanche when their main rivals went out in the early stages of the competition. France, Portugal, Argentina, Italy never got into the quaterfinals and Spain went out in the quarter finals. The only good teams they played were England and Germany and even then they were not great teams.

The only thing Italy relied on Zaccardo to do was score the only goal Buffon conceded from open play in 2006 World Cup. He subsequently never played in the tournament again. Barzagli played one half against Australia and against Ukraine. Grosso is the exception.

If that was really the case then why not choose the entire team of home based players? Why not? Argentina's best players play in Europe.

Or maybe the reason why England have not won a World Cup since 1966 is because they never have had a team good enough to win.

Well Maradona has had 18 cracks at the whip already and still not struck gold so even more likely scenario is that he will not find the gold in the next 3 attempts since he has not got the technical capacity to open a shoebox never mind give tactics on the World Cup stage.

Taib, don't worry about offending me, this debate is endless. All I have seen from you on this forum is a defense of certain teams (Arsenal, Real Madrid, Brazil and Spain) and a flat out refusal to accept that you could be wrong.

Admittedly, I am now uncertain as to what formation Maradona will field. I did read somewhere that he said the use of full-backs would be a secondary tactic but that could have been a translation mistake. My original post here was in a tone of shock.

I discount Brazil and Spain as contenders for the World Cup because I don't believe their squads have enough in attacking areas. Both were also found out defensively at times in the Confederations Cup. For me, the so-called teams that will bomb in the World Cup are actually the better squads. For me Argentina and France are better than anyone else out there and I also think Germany, England and Holland all have squads to contend with.

I'd rather we waited until the World Cup to continue this debate but I have no doubt you will shy away should your prophecies fail.

There is not debate. This is more me correcting you. I posted the Argentina prelimanary squad and gave my opinion. Then other posters gave their opinion which agreed with mine in general. The only poster that did not was you. Indeed you even gave the prediction that Argentina will win the World Cup even after I posted the prelimanary squad still in petty denial that it was a blow. LOL! I honestly find it hypocritical that you call into my impartiality when all we have seen from you is complete and utter bias towards Argentina. I support Arsenal and Real Madrid so it is only natural to be biased towards them. The Brazil comment is joke. I really do not care about Brazil. I support Italy. Most of the time when I have given any opinion about Brazil is when you are continually talking nonsense about them. Your bias against Brazil is there fo all to see no doubt because of your partisan approach for Argentina. If you do not believe me then it is clear in the 2010 World Cup South American qualifying thread where you continually spout complete nonsense about Brazil and then talk up Argenitina and I am correcting you. I have already pointed out already in this thread one such example where you descriibed Brazil "just above average team" and then subsequently Brazil beat your beloved Argentina in Argentina for the first time in God knows how many years. That is one such example. Do you want me to get more from the thread to remind you? As for my defence of Spain? WTF?! Where exactly? You have the audacity to say I defend certain teams and you do not once consider that for yourself. Hypocritical and pathetic in the extreme. I find your posts lacking any iota of intelligence whatsoever to the point where they are provocative especially in lieu that even you are corrected you do not take it onboard and then continually write more stupid things. Anyone with an iota of intelligence would have seen they way Argentina are playing that they need to correct a lot of things to win the World Cup and then with the prelimanary squad called up Argentina need a miricle. Yet you disregard that and then go on as if the masterplan to win the World Cup in on track.

I do not think you did read that at all because it is clear you do not know anything about Argentine football. Your original post being in the tone of shock does not give a valid excuse to write nonsense again. Another case of me correcting you. Clutching at straws really.

Again more nonsense of the paradoxical nature. You discount Brazil and Spain because their squads are lacking. You say you expect the better squads to "bomb" then continue to say for you Argentina and France are better then anyone else out there.

What prophecies would they be? I have no doubt that that once your prophecies fail you will shy away and not only that you will backtrack like you already did in 2010 World Cup South America thread.
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed May 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Roman_Eagle wrote:
Taib I think we should fill an aplication for the coaching position at Argentina

First Maradona has to resign because AFA does not have the mettle to sack him and he said that he wants to coach Argentina for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2234
Age : 31
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Wed May 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Taib wrote:
Roman_Eagle wrote:
Taib I think we should fill an aplication for the coaching position at Argentina

First Maradona has to resign because AFA does not have the mettle to sack him and he said that he wants to coach Argentina for a very long time.

well when he shits himself and the WC he'll quit :)
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2163
Age : 36
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu May 20, 2010 12:07 am

according to goal.com


Argentina's 23-man World Cup squad in full

Goalkeepers -
Sergio Romero AZ Alkmaar (NED)
Mariano Andujar Catania (ITA)
Diego Pozo Colon

Defenders -
Nicolas Otamendi Velez Sarsfield
Gabriel Heinze Marseille (FRA)
Martin Demichelis Bayern Munich (GER)
Walter Samuel Inter (ITA)
Ariel Garce Colon
Nicolas Burdisso Roma (ITA)
Clemente Rodríguez Estudiantes

Midfielders -
Juan Sebastian Veron Estudiantes
Javier Mascherano Liverpool (ENG)
Jonas Gutierrez Newcastle (ENG)
Angel Di Maria Benfica (POR)
Maximiliano Rodriguez Liverpool (ENG)
Javier Pastore Palermo (ITA)
Mario Bolatti Fiorentina (TA)

Forwards -
Lionel Messi Barcelona (ESP)
Gonzalo Higuain Real Madrid (ESP)
Carlos Tevez Manchester City (ENG)
Sergio Aguero Atletico Madrid (ESP)
Diego Milito Inter (ITA)
Martin Palermo Boca Juniors
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2234
Age : 31
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu May 20, 2010 8:13 am

IMO - no class GK, only 2 good defenders, the midline looks fine, no comment on the striking force :) I think they will have problems scoring more than they concede. hope the defense and GK prove me wrong. VAMOS ARGENTINA!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu May 20, 2010 10:37 am

Taib wrote:
Caxi wrote:
Taib wrote:
Caxi wrote:
I do believe Maradona has already stated that he will play without full-backs which suggests a 3-4-3.

And in a 3-4-3, with Demichelis, Samuel, Mascherano, Veron, Aguero, Tevez and Messi all likely to start, I cannot see where the problems are going to lie against Greece, South Korea and Nigeria.

Brazil won the WC in 2002 with unknowns based in Brazil (Marcos, Rogerio Ceni, Belletti, Anderson Polga, Kleberson, Gilberto Silva, Vampeta, Juninho, Ricardinho, Edilson, Luizao).

Italy won the WC in 2006 relying heavily at times on relative unknowns (Grosso, Zaccardo, Barzagli).

Bear in mind that Argentina in '06 lit up the tournament but were dumped out when tactically outwitted. Perhaps the fact that Rodrigo Palacio was the only out-field Argentinian never to play in Europe made them easy to predict tactically.

Now, take note that Dunga has selected a squad of players who have all played in Europe at one point or another. I genuinely believe they will be found out tactically, in the same way USA exposed them in the Confederations Cup. But this time, a better side will see it through.


It is the exact reason why England haven't won a WC since '66; their players are the most watched in the world and are easier to prepare against tactically. You can argue that Maradona doesn't have the tactical capacity to open the door of his house but Argentina have such an easy group that he has 3 cracks at that particular whip...and I firmly believe he will strike gold.

Honestly, I do not want you to be offended but it is posts like this that border on the ridiculous that make it very difficult for me to take seriously anything you write. I am going ot keep it simple as possible without explanations since I believe you do not take onboard anything I write.

I have not read Maradona saying he would play without fullbacks. As another poster pointed out he said he would play a 442 system, a system has fullbacks. Furthermore in his last five competitive matches Maradona has played with a flatback 4 which has fullbacks. If you are privy to where Maradona saying he would play without fullbacks then I would like you to show me.

Brazil won the World Cup after getting a carte blanche when their main rivals went out in the early stages of the competition. France, Portugal, Argentina, Italy never got into the quaterfinals and Spain went out in the quarter finals. The only good teams they played were England and Germany and even then they were not great teams.

The only thing Italy relied on Zaccardo to do was score the only goal Buffon conceded from open play in 2006 World Cup. He subsequently never played in the tournament again. Barzagli played one half against Australia and against Ukraine. Grosso is the exception.

If that was really the case then why not choose the entire team of home based players? Why not? Argentina's best players play in Europe.

Or maybe the reason why England have not won a World Cup since 1966 is because they never have had a team good enough to win.

Well Maradona has had 18 cracks at the whip already and still not struck gold so even more likely scenario is that he will not find the gold in the next 3 attempts since he has not got the technical capacity to open a shoebox never mind give tactics on the World Cup stage.

Taib, don't worry about offending me, this debate is endless. All I have seen from you on this forum is a defense of certain teams (Arsenal, Real Madrid, Brazil and Spain) and a flat out refusal to accept that you could be wrong.

Admittedly, I am now uncertain as to what formation Maradona will field. I did read somewhere that he said the use of full-backs would be a secondary tactic but that could have been a translation mistake. My original post here was in a tone of shock.

I discount Brazil and Spain as contenders for the World Cup because I don't believe their squads have enough in attacking areas. Both were also found out defensively at times in the Confederations Cup. For me, the so-called teams that will bomb in the World Cup are actually the better squads. For me Argentina and France are better than anyone else out there and I also think Germany, England and Holland all have squads to contend with.

I'd rather we waited until the World Cup to continue this debate but I have no doubt you will shy away should your prophecies fail.

There is not debate. This is more me correcting you. I posted the Argentina prelimanary squad and gave my opinion. Then other posters gave their opinion which agreed with mine in general. The only poster that did not was you. Indeed you even gave the prediction that Argentina will win the World Cup even after I posted the prelimanary squad still in petty denial that it was a blow. LOL! I honestly find it hypocritical that you call into my impartiality when all we have seen from you is complete and utter bias towards Argentina. I support Arsenal and Real Madrid so it is only natural to be biased towards them. The Brazil comment is joke. I really do not care about Brazil. I support Italy. Most of the time when I have given any opinion about Brazil is when you are continually talking nonsense about them. Your bias against Brazil is there fo all to see no doubt because of your partisan approach for Argentina. If you do not believe me then it is clear in the 2010 World Cup South American qualifying thread where you continually spout complete nonsense about Brazil and then talk up Argenitina and I am correcting you. I have already pointed out already in this thread one such example where you descriibed Brazil "just above average team" and then subsequently Brazil beat your beloved Argentina in Argentina for the first time in God knows how many years. That is one such example. Do you want me to get more from the thread to remind you? As for my defence of Spain? WTF?! Where exactly? You have the audacity to say I defend certain teams and you do not once consider that for yourself. Hypocritical and pathetic in the extreme. I find your posts lacking any iota of intelligence whatsoever to the point where they are provocative especially in lieu that even you are corrected you do not take it onboard and then continually write more stupid things. Anyone with an iota of intelligence would have seen they way Argentina are playing that they need to correct a lot of things to win the World Cup and then with the prelimanary squad called up Argentina need a miricle. Yet you disregard that and then go on as if the masterplan to win the World Cup in on track.

Frankly, you're an idiot.

I support Italy followed by Brazil in every World Cup. I hate the Argies. But go on, you keep telling me who I support bounce

You keep saying they do not have a chance with the prelim. You say they need a miracle? That is (still) the best 23-man squad in the World Cup for me. Just look at the calibre of those players.

You said they were most definitely not experimenting in the South American qualifiers. In light of that, I find it very interesting that Maradona has called up some top class players now for the first time. Suggests he might have been sandbagging a little? Oh wait, no, couldn't have been because Taib says not.

And your reasoning? Everyone agrees with you. And I'm just unintelligent.

Gotta love twisted logic.

_________________
We live by the same principles we die for. Live, breathe, Lazio!

[url]http://lazio.theoffside.com
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu May 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Cash wrote:
according to goal.com

Argentina's 23-man World Cup squad in full

Goalkeepers -
Sergio Romero AZ Alkmaar (NED)
Mariano Andujar Catania (ITA)
Diego Pozo Colon

Defenders -
Nicolas Otamendi Velez Sarsfield
Gabriel Heinze Marseille (FRA)
Martin Demichelis Bayern Munich (GER)
Walter Samuel Inter (ITA)
Ariel Garce Colon
Nicolas Burdisso Roma (ITA)
Clemente Rodríguez Estudiantes

Midfielders -
Juan Sebastian Veron Estudiantes
Javier Mascherano Liverpool (ENG)
Jonas Gutierrez Newcastle (ENG)
Angel Di Maria Benfica (POR)
Maximiliano Rodriguez Liverpool (ENG)
Javier Pastore Palermo (ITA)
Mario Bolatti Fiorentina (TA)

Forwards -
Lionel Messi Barcelona (ESP)
Gonzalo Higuain Real Madrid (ESP)
Carlos Tevez Manchester City (ENG)
Sergio Aguero Atletico Madrid (ESP)
Diego Milito Inter (ITA)
Martin Palermo Boca Juniors

Romero is a very good goalkeeper IMO. Andujar is reliable. Don't know the other guy.

Defence is below par. Samuel is the best one there. Hard to believe Demichelis and (especially) Heinze made it - although not really with Maradona in charge. Burdisso is nothing special. Rodriguez is a good addition though.

Midfield is decent and reliable and should be good enough at least in the early stages of the tournament. Cambiasso and Zanetti really should have been there instead of someone like Bolatti. Maxi Rodriguez has had a bad season yet still makes it. Di Maria could have a terrific WC though, that guy has been awesome for Benfica.

The strikers are individually top quality, but playing together is a different story and it'll be interesting to see who Maradona starts with. For me its definitely Messi and Milito. The 3rd one depends on the formation and opponent.

An above average squad IMO they have the potential to mould well for 4 weeks, or destruct within the earlier rounds. Hope its the former as I'd dearly love to see Argentina have a good WC and prove doubters wrong.



Come on Italy, Argentina and Germany! cheers
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2192
Age : 46
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu May 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Los '23'

Porteros:
Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), José Manuel Reina (Liverpool), Víctor Valdés (Barcelona).


Defensas:
Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Gerard Piqué (Barcelona), Raúl Albiol (Real Madrid), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Álvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Carlos Marchena (Valencia).


Centrocampistas:
Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Xavi Hernández (Barcelona), Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona), Jesús Navas (Sevilla), Cesc Fábregas (Arsenal), Javi Martínez (Athletic).


Delanteros:
David Silva (Valencia), Juan Manuel Mata (Valencia), Fernando Torres (Liverpool), David Villa (Barcelona), Pedro Rodríguez (Barcelona), Fernando Llorente (Athletic).
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu May 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Caxi wrote:
Taib wrote:
Caxi wrote:
Taib wrote:
Caxi wrote:
I do believe Maradona has already stated that he will play without full-backs which suggests a 3-4-3.

And in a 3-4-3, with Demichelis, Samuel, Mascherano, Veron, Aguero, Tevez and Messi all likely to start, I cannot see where the problems are going to lie against Greece, South Korea and Nigeria.

Brazil won the WC in 2002 with unknowns based in Brazil (Marcos, Rogerio Ceni, Belletti, Anderson Polga, Kleberson, Gilberto Silva, Vampeta, Juninho, Ricardinho, Edilson, Luizao).

Italy won the WC in 2006 relying heavily at times on relative unknowns (Grosso, Zaccardo, Barzagli).

Bear in mind that Argentina in '06 lit up the tournament but were dumped out when tactically outwitted. Perhaps the fact that Rodrigo Palacio was the only out-field Argentinian never to play in Europe made them easy to predict tactically.

Now, take note that Dunga has selected a squad of players who have all played in Europe at one point or another. I genuinely believe they will be found out tactically, in the same way USA exposed them in the Confederations Cup. But this time, a better side will see it through.


It is the exact reason why England haven't won a WC since '66; their players are the most watched in the world and are easier to prepare against tactically. You can argue that Maradona doesn't have the tactical capacity to open the door of his house but Argentina have such an easy group that he has 3 cracks at that particular whip...and I firmly believe he will strike gold.

Honestly, I do not want you to be offended but it is posts like this that border on the ridiculous that make it very difficult for me to take seriously anything you write. I am going ot keep it simple as possible without explanations since I believe you do not take onboard anything I write.

I have not read Maradona saying he would play without fullbacks. As another poster pointed out he said he would play a 442 system, a system has fullbacks. Furthermore in his last five competitive matches Maradona has played with a flatback 4 which has fullbacks. If you are privy to where Maradona saying he would play without fullbacks then I would like you to show me.

Brazil won the World Cup after getting a carte blanche when their main rivals went out in the early stages of the competition. France, Portugal, Argentina, Italy never got into the quaterfinals and Spain went out in the quarter finals. The only good teams they played were England and Germany and even then they were not great teams.

The only thing Italy relied on Zaccardo to do was score the only goal Buffon conceded from open play in 2006 World Cup. He subsequently never played in the tournament again. Barzagli played one half against Australia and against Ukraine. Grosso is the exception.

If that was really the case then why not choose the entire team of home based players? Why not? Argentina's best players play in Europe.

Or maybe the reason why England have not won a World Cup since 1966 is because they never have had a team good enough to win.

Well Maradona has had 18 cracks at the whip already and still not struck gold so even more likely scenario is that he will not find the gold in the next 3 attempts since he has not got the technical capacity to open a shoebox never mind give tactics on the World Cup stage.

Taib, don't worry about offending me, this debate is endless. All I have seen from you on this forum is a defense of certain teams (Arsenal, Real Madrid, Brazil and Spain) and a flat out refusal to accept that you could be wrong.

Admittedly, I am now uncertain as to what formation Maradona will field. I did read somewhere that he said the use of full-backs would be a secondary tactic but that could have been a translation mistake. My original post here was in a tone of shock.

I discount Brazil and Spain as contenders for the World Cup because I don't believe their squads have enough in attacking areas. Both were also found out defensively at times in the Confederations Cup. For me, the so-called teams that will bomb in the World Cup are actually the better squads. For me Argentina and France are better than anyone else out there and I also think Germany, England and Holland all have squads to contend with.

I'd rather we waited until the World Cup to continue this debate but I have no doubt you will shy away should your prophecies fail.

There is not debate. This is more me correcting you. I posted the Argentina prelimanary squad and gave my opinion. Then other posters gave their opinion which agreed with mine in general. The only poster that did not was you. Indeed you even gave the prediction that Argentina will win the World Cup even after I posted the prelimanary squad still in petty denial that it was a blow. LOL! I honestly find it hypocritical that you call into my impartiality when all we have seen from you is complete and utter bias towards Argentina. I support Arsenal and Real Madrid so it is only natural to be biased towards them. The Brazil comment is joke. I really do not care about Brazil. I support Italy. Most of the time when I have given any opinion about Brazil is when you are continually talking nonsense about them. Your bias against Brazil is there fo all to see no doubt because of your partisan approach for Argentina. If you do not believe me then it is clear in the 2010 World Cup South American qualifying thread where you continually spout complete nonsense about Brazil and then talk up Argenitina and I am correcting you. I have already pointed out already in this thread one such example where you descriibed Brazil "just above average team" and then subsequently Brazil beat your beloved Argentina in Argentina for the first time in God knows how many years. That is one such example. Do you want me to get more from the thread to remind you? As for my defence of Spain? WTF?! Where exactly? You have the audacity to say I defend certain teams and you do not once consider that for yourself. Hypocritical and pathetic in the extreme. I find your posts lacking any iota of intelligence whatsoever to the point where they are provocative especially in lieu that even you are corrected you do not take it onboard and then continually write more stupid things. Anyone with an iota of intelligence would have seen they way Argentina are playing that they need to correct a lot of things to win the World Cup and then with the prelimanary squad called up Argentina need a miricle. Yet you disregard that and then go on as if the masterplan to win the World Cup in on track.

Frankly, you're an idiot.

I support Italy followed by Brazil in every World Cup. I hate the Argies. But go on, you keep telling me who I support bounce

You keep saying they do not have a chance with the prelim. You say they need a miracle? That is (still) the best 23-man squad in the World Cup for me. Just look at the calibre of those players.

You said they were most definitely not experimenting in the South American qualifiers. In light of that, I find it very interesting that Maradona has called up some top class players now for the first time. Suggests he might have been sandbagging a little? Oh wait, no, couldn't have been because Taib says not.

And your reasoning? Everyone agrees with you. And I'm just unintelligent.

Gotta love twisted logic.

LOL.
Of all the many stupid things you have posted, this has to rank as one of the most ridiculous.

Since writing to you in a sincere way is wasted I am going to have humour you.

I am such an idiot that another poster quotes me and puts that quote into their signiture to remind oneself of how stupid I am. I am such an idiot that I nearly left because I was getting victimised because I was writing what was described as "an enormous amount of bullsh!t". Oh wait, that was you!

Sticazzi.

Yes, I am a idiot because I write and post such nonsense like this:
Caxi wrote:
Àrgentina will be fine.
That team could qualify with Messi as player-coach. There's no need to panic.
Caxi wrote:
This is why I have being saying for the last 3 years that Brazil won't in the 2010 World Cup...
Caxi wrote:
Brazil may be playing poor football in your opinion but in my opinion, it's just an above average side who need to improve dramatically to win the World Cup. It's more than just a bad run of form in my opinion.

My mistake for being an idiot that I thought you liked the Argentines when every post you talk them up and the only time you talk about Brazil is to say something stupid about them. My mistake for saying how you thought the Argentines would be surefire winners of the 2010 World Cup and not realsiing that you hate the Argentines. LOL!

It is most certainly not the best 23 man squad in the World Cup. Brazil and Spain have better squads. Exactly these kind of frankly ludicrous, ridiculous statements to why your posts are stupid and provocative. You do not even bother explaining your opinion.

I will go through the squad:
Sergio Romero AZ Alkmaar (NED)
Mariano Andujar Catania (ITA)
Diego Pozo Colon

None of the goalkeeper are good or have any calibre. Have you even seen Pozo play? I doubt it since it clear you do not watch Argentine football.

Defenders -
Nicolas Otamendi Velez Sarsfield
Gabriel Heinze Marseille (FRA)
Martin Demichelis Bayern Munich (GER)
Walter Samuel Inter (ITA)
Ariel Garce Colon
Nicolas Burdisso Roma (ITA)
Clemente Rodríguez Estudiantes

No quality fullbacks which I alluded to earlier. No right back. Therefore most likely Otamendi is going to play rightback when he himself a centreback. Garce should not have been called. He is not good enough. Same goes for Clemente Rodriguez, Heinze and Burdisso.

Midfielders -
Juan Sebastian Veron Estudiantes
Javier Mascherano Liverpool (ENG)
Jonas Gutierrez Newcastle (ENG)
Angel Di Maria Benfica (POR)
Maximiliano Rodriguez Liverpool (ENG)
Javier Pastore Palermo (ITA)
Mario Bolatti Fiorentina (TA)

Only three centrel midfielders. Mascherano has had a poor season. Bolatti has been rubbish for Fiorentina. Only Veron has had a good season. Maxi has been poor. Gutierrez??!! Anyone??!

Forwards -
Lionel Messi Barcelona (ESP)
Gonzalo Higuain Real Madrid (ESP)
Carlos Tevez Manchester City (ENG)
Sergio Aguero Atletico Madrid (ESP)
Diego Milito Inter (ITA)
Martin Palermo Boca Juniors

Palermo should not be there and the rest look right. This is the only area where Argentina look good.

Actually why does everyone agree with me and not you?! Afterall I am an idiot. So everyone else must be idiots as well. Or maybe because I base my opinions on facts and not on something the footballing gods tell me and then parade it around on messageboards like it is gospel. Or more likely you are the idiot. And you are an idiot because you keep repeating the ridiculous childish arguments and destroying own validity. And everyone else show themselves to have reasonable amount of intelligence. Enough intelligence to know what you write as complet bullsh!t. You are such an idiot that you do not even have the intelligence nor the honour to put ones hand up and admit to one mistake nor the intelligence to realise that you write such cack.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu May 20, 2010 9:09 pm

I find it more than humourous that such an "idiot" provoked you into outlaying that you have a vendetta against me. Outwitted, outgunned and much more besides. The egg's on your face.

Now let me deal with my 'idiotic' posts.

Taib wrote:


Caxi is an idiot because he writes and posts such nonsense like this:

Caxi wrote:
Àrgentina will be fine.
That team could qualify with Messi as player-coach. There's no need to panic.

Caxi wrote:
They qualified.

Caxi wrote:
This is why I have being saying for the last 3 years that Brazil won't in the 2010 World Cup...

Caxi wrote:
Brazil have not yet won the 2010 World Cup.

Caxi wrote:
Brazil may be playing poor football in your opinion but in my opinion, it's just an above average side who need to improve dramatically to win the World Cup. It's more than just a bad run of form in my opinion.

Caxi wrote:
Again, Brazil have not yet won the 2010 World Cup.


The above are not facts and have yet to be disproved. Let me put something to you; look at the poll, look how many people fancy Argentina, then look how many fancy Brazil. Then conclude that it is popular belief in this forum that Argentina can outdo Brazil. Then keep the lips zipped because you are wasting your breath on me. You really are.

_________________
We live by the same principles we die for. Live, breathe, Lazio!

[url]http://lazio.theoffside.com
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu May 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Caxi wrote:
I find it more than humourous that such an "idiot" provoked you into outlaying that you have a vendetta against me. Outwitted, outgunned and much more besides. The egg's on your face.

Now let me deal with my 'idiotic' posts.

Taib wrote:


Caxi is an idiot because he writes and posts such nonsense like this:

Caxi wrote:
Àrgentina will be fine.
That team could qualify with Messi as player-coach. There's no need to panic.

Caxi wrote:
They qualified.

Caxi wrote:
This is why I have being saying for the last 3 years that Brazil won't in the 2010 World Cup...

Caxi wrote:
Brazil have not yet won the 2010 World Cup.

Caxi wrote:
Brazil may be playing poor football in your opinion but in my opinion, it's just an above average side who need to improve dramatically to win the World Cup. It's more than just a bad run of form in my opinion.

Caxi wrote:
Again, Brazil have not yet won the 2010 World Cup.


The above are not facts and have yet to be disproved. Let me put something to you; look at the poll, look how many people fancy Argentina, then look how many fancy Brazil. Then conclude that it is popular belief in this forum that Argentina can outdo Brazil. Then keep the lips zipped because you are wasting your breath on me. You really are.

I do not have a vandetta against you. I just do not like the fact you write spurious cack on the message board like it is gospel and when someone makes the point for the opposite you do not take it on and then continue to write more cack with no foundation on facts.

The poll does not mean anything. Moreover the question is more like "Who do you want to win the World Cup?". I think most posters voted more then their hearts then mind. For example I voted Italy but I do not think they will win the World Cup. Secondly it is clear most posters on here like Argentina which is natural since Lazio has had many good Argentine players espcially during the successful years in the late 1990s and turn of the century.

Let me put something to you. Why does no one that post agree with you? Why has no one said that the Argentina squad is the best 23 man squad? More the opposite? Why does everyone else agree with what I am saying to the point where someone who likes Argentina says that I should be Argentina manager? Why? Simple answer please.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2737
Age : 33
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu May 20, 2010 9:54 pm


_________________
"One love, One Lazio SUPER TECH!!!" - mr douglas

Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu May 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Taib wrote:
Why does everyone else agree with what I am saying to the point where someone who likes Argentina says that I should be Argentina manager?

Everyone agrees with you because one person humourously suggests you should be the Argentina manager?

Get over yourself.

_________________
We live by the same principles we die for. Live, breathe, Lazio!

[url]http://lazio.theoffside.com
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2163
Age : 36
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Thu May 20, 2010 10:44 pm

Sile wrote:


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cheers
Back to top Go down
phantomm1976
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 841
Age : 40
Country and city : kosova
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Fri May 21, 2010 1:41 am

I dont think that only attack is good side of argentina(those players that maradona call for WC-attackers are for one level better than other teams had,meaning all of them,becouse the other team could have two or three clas players.
that kind of players(attackers)give you a chance to use diferent combination in attack,you can use messi-tevea behind millito(higuain)
you can use messi behind aguero-millito or millito higuain.
you can use rotacion in game whithout any problems,and thats why the other part of team(defence and middle do not looks so strong).

I also cant understood why cambiaso isnt call,
but they have a very good middle,mascherano as the last men in defence,veron -playmaker and di maria are great middlefield(if they plays with messi behind two attacker or if messi-tevez plays in wings behind the target man).
also if messi play in attacl alonsides of millito they can use pastore(i think that he totaly deserve the place in national side).
and about the wings-having messi-tevez-aguero like attacking wings why do you need a defence wing players with attacking ability?,but even if they want they can use gutierez in the right side(defence-middle).

defence- samuel is their best player,but burdiso isnt bad,otamendi seems promising,heinze-poor but he had expirience(their week side is this position).

i dont now how will diego compare this players but with middle mascherano,veron and attack messi millito aguero this could be a champion team
Back to top Go down
moris.green
Aquilotto
Aquilotto


Number of posts : 1
Age : 34
Country and city : USA and texas
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: maradona's decision wrong   Fri May 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Maradona's decision to drop Cambiaso and Janetti was simply rudiculous to me . Argentina main problem is the weak defense. That can hinder their progress of Argentina in the World Cup in spite of presence of Brilliant Messi.










______________________________
Search Guru
Live scores
Back to top Go down
zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 484
Age : 32
Country and city : Macedonia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Fri May 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Slovenia!!! champions Surprised
Back to top Go down
Edi
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 176
Age : 31
Country and city : sLOVEnia, Koper/Capodistria/Caput Histrae
Laziale since : ancient greece:)
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Fri May 21, 2010 10:57 pm

zoran wrote:
Slovenia!!! champions Surprised

Agree. Because of Katanec? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 484
Age : 32
Country and city : Macedonia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sat May 22, 2010 1:09 am

Edi wrote:
zoran wrote:
Slovenia!!! champions Surprised

Agree. Because of Katanec? Very Happy
actually i forgot about him ..and also i must say that he is not very loved here even i liked him...
anyway i was thinking yesterday about the cup and watching all n-teams and i realise that this year i will like Slovenia most...maybe because of our country similarity Very Happy ...you r always a good example for us ...and also with you're success we will have alibi to kick our players ass and call them bitches if they didn't qualified for the next euro cup Very Happy
you're first game as independent country is in 1992 and our is in 1993 and also our first game ever as independent republic is against you at 13 October 93' in Kranj/Slovenia and we beat you in you're field 4-1...since than you've been in 1euro and 1world cup so this is you're 2world cup and we where at zero cups Very Happy so im really happy also as many of my countrymen and little jealous about you're success and we hope that we will follow you at next qualifications

btw who do you think will be the most dangerous player in your team ? and does the reserves will be with quality like the first 11 players ?


Last edited by zoran on Sat May 22, 2010 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2234
Age : 31
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sat May 22, 2010 2:07 am

anyone knows the dutch list?
Back to top Go down
zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 484
Age : 32
Country and city : Macedonia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sat May 22, 2010 2:11 am

Roman_Eagle wrote:
anyone knows the dutch list?

GK Maarten Stekelenburg September 22, 1982 (age 27) 25 0 Ajax
GK Michel Vorm October 20, 1983 (age 26) 3 0 Utrecht
GK Sander Boschker October 20, 1970 (age 39) 0 0 Twente
DF Giovanni van Bronckhorst February 5, 1975 (age 35) 97 5 Feyenoord
DF Ron Vlaar February 16, 1985 (age 25) 3 0 Feyenoord
DF Gregory van der Wiel February 3, 1988 (age 22) 8 0 Ajax
DF Vurnon Anita April 4, 1989 (age 21) 0 0 Ajax
DF André Ooijer July 11, 1974 (age 35) 53 3 PSV
DF Edson Braafheid April 8, 1983 (age 27) 5 0 Celtic
DF John Heitinga November 15, 1983 (age 26) 51 6 Everton
DF Joris Mathijsen April 5, 1980 (age 30) 53 3 Hamburg
DF Khalid Boulahrouz December 28, 1981 (age 28) 28 0 Stuttgart
MF Orlando Engelaar August 24, 1979 (age 30) 13 0 PSV
MF Ibrahim Afellay April 2, 1986 (age 24) 20 0 PSV
MF Stijn Schaars January 11, 1984 (age 26) 11 0 AZ
MF Demy de Zeeuw May 26, 1983 (age 26) 23 0 Ajax
MF Mark van Bommel April 22, 1977 (age 33) 54 9 Bayern Munich
MF Nigel de Jong November 30, 1984 (age 25) 40 1 Manchester City
MF Rafael van der Vaart February 11, 1983 (age 27) 75 15 Real Madrid
MF Wesley Sneijder June 9, 1984 (age 25) 59 12 Internazionale
FW Jeremain Lens November 24, 1987 (age 22) 0 0 AZ
FW Dirk Kuyt July 22, 1980 (age 29) 60 14 Liverpool
FW Ryan Babel December 19, 1986 (age 23) 38 5 Liverpool
FW Robin van Persie August 6, 1983 (age 26) 41 14 Arsenal
FW Arjen Robben January 23, 1984 (age 26) 46 11 Bayern Munich
FW Eljero Elia February 13, 1987 (age 23) 5 2 Hamburg
FW Klaas-Jan Huntelaar August 12, 1983 (age 26) 30 15 Milan
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2163
Age : 36
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sat May 22, 2010 2:26 am

Took a look at the Dutch roster the other day, and óne has to wonder how they will be able to be serious competitors with those goalies (and when still having van Bronckhorst around). I doubt there defensive line is good enough; attacking-wise they are capable of anything. That midfield is just crazy good!
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2234
Age : 31
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sat May 22, 2010 5:30 am

seeing the first three names you come up with the question - where is van der Saar ?

Siem de Jong could have been called, and Urbi Emanuelson has dutch pass so why not? but no one asks me

still think that the dutch can do some damage
Back to top Go down
Edi
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 176
Age : 31
Country and city : sLOVEnia, Koper/Capodistria/Caput Histrae
Laziale since : ancient greece:)
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Sat May 22, 2010 4:02 pm

zoran wrote:
Edi wrote:
zoran wrote:
Slovenia!!! champions Surprised

Agree. Because of Katanec? Very Happy
actually i forgot about him ..and also i must say that he is not very loved here even i liked him...
anyway i was thinking yesterday about the cup and watching all n-teams and i realise that this year i will like Slovenia most...maybe because of our country similarity Very Happy ...you r always a good example for us ...and also with you're success we will have alibi to kick our players ass and call them bitches if they didn't qualified for the next euro cup Very Happy
you're first game as independent country is in 1992 and our is in 1993 and also our first game ever as independent republic is against you at 13 October 93' in Kranj/Slovenia and we beat you in you're field 4-1...since than you've been in 1euro and 1world cup so this is you're 2world cup and we where at zero cups Very Happy so im really happy also as many of my countrymen and little jealous about you're success and we hope that we will follow you at next qualifications

btw who do you think will be the most dangerous player in your team ? and does the reserves will be with quality like the first 11 players ?

I think Birsa and Koren will be the most dangerous and we shouldn't forget about Novaković... The reserves have some quality, but the biggest problem will be the defense with bad backup players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic   Today at 3:32 pm

Back to top Go down
 
The One & Only 2010 World Cup Topic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next
 Similar topics
-
» World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2010,The Hague, NL
» 2010 WAF World Armwrestling Championship, Mesquite, Nevada - Dec 5th - 12th
» USMNT - World Cup Roster
» 2010 World Armwrestling Champs results
» Nemiroff World Cup 2010 Left & Right Arm Results

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Only SS Lazio-
Jump to: