Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 236
Country and city : USA
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:59 am

this is so exciting.

Have fun everyone who is going. and take lots of pictures.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:43 am

Conn wrote:
Rizmo wrote:
Sile wrote:
Rizmo wrote:
Conn wrote:

Another thing... Curva Nord is planning a massive display :)

Tell us more cheers

It's going to be awesome !!! cheers

Details, we want details. Inside information! cheers

I don't know what will it really be about. You know, this information is highly "confidential" Very Happy (and I am not joking). With the new laws, displays became a rarity, but back in the 90s and early 00s Lazio fans and roma fans had special "intelligence" units with the task to find out about the rivals' display LOL.

As usual, we were the smart ones, managing more than once to find out about their display, and hence to prepare a response. The best episode was in a derby where the roma fans wrote "Only the sky is greater than us". Lazio fans could reply with a huge banner "Indeed, and that's why it is white and blue".

The one I remember with more pleasure was a derby in the year 2003 I think. Roma fans displayed a banner saying "Ve pagamo, non scappate" (we'll pay you, don't run away), meaning we'll beat you, don't run away. Afterwards, we showed our banner "Prima pagate i buffi" (firstly repay your debts)... and afterwards we started to chant them scemi, scemi Very Happy (fools, fools). We were all very proud of that action and we were laughing like crazy only by thinking at their faces after our reply.

Pity all this has gone, no more banners... and much of the derby spirit, much that once was the real fun, is lost.

Are there any photos available of this display by any chance??

Ramone
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 246
Country and city : Indonesia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:30 am

Conn wrote:

I don't know what will it really be about. You know, this information is highly "confidential" Very Happy (and I am not joking). With the new laws, displays became a rarity, but back in the 90s and early 00s Lazio fans and roma fans had special "intelligence" units with the task to find out about the rivals' display LOL.

As usual, we were the smart ones, managing more than once to find out about their display, and hence to prepare a response. The best episode was in a derby where the roma fans wrote "Only the sky is greater than us". Lazio fans could reply with a huge banner "Indeed, and that's why it is white and blue".

The one I remember with more pleasure was a derby in the year 2003 I think. Roma fans displayed a banner saying "Ve pagamo, non scappate" (we'll pay you, don't run away), meaning we'll beat you, don't run away. Afterwards, we showed our banner "Prima pagate i buffi" (firstly repay your debts)... and afterwards we started to chant them scemi, scemi Very Happy (fools, fools). We were all very proud of that action and we were laughing like crazy only by thinking at their faces after our reply.

Pity all this has gone, no more banners... and much of the derby spirit, much that once was the real fun, is lost.

I'm begging you Conn to give us some more real photos (at both curves) because I'm writing about Lazio current supporters scene for Indonesian Laziali Community and local newspaper.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 am

Ramone wrote:
Conn wrote:

I'm begging you Conn to give us some more real photos (at both curves) because I'm writing about Lazio current supporters scene for Indonesian Laziali Community and local newspaper.

Thanks.
So? Write your article for Laziofever and Non mollare mai site! I need it for Sunday night after Bologna Match...
The Prederby article.

Conn
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Rizmo wrote:

But what laws prevent tifo? I mean like flags,confetti and colors! Nothing wrong with that? Just brings personality to the derby!

There are many issues at work with the new laws that led to a stadium without banners, I will try to sum them up briefly. If you display a banner that was not previously examined by the police, you get the DASPO (stadium ban). Many of the messages that the fans used to write to "take the piss" of the rival fans, would not be allowed. In order to bring a banner inside, it must be made of material that is not flammable (much more expensive than the old paper banners). Many ultras groups do not want to get in any kind of relationship with the police, not even for banner authorization.

I really miss the "battle of the banners" before the derby. It was every time very exciting and some banners were extremely funny. Some others were offensive and disgusting. We could write pages on the most funny banners, and the loads of grammar and spelling mistakes in the roma fans banners... but I think I've already gone off topic.

For Caput Mundi and Ramone, here are some pictures (not really good I'm sorry, if i find out something better i'll let you know)

derby 1984: roma fans write "roma look up to the sky, it's the only thing greater than you". Lazio fans reply "indeed, that's why it is white and blue"

derby 2003: roma fans make a display depicting Mr Enrich running away; they write "don't run away, we'll pay you" (paying is meant as beating, in roman slang). But Lazio fans had already prepared their reply Very Happy You can see the message "first repay your debt" in the picture below, being firstly shown to Curva Nord.
Imagine this scene: in the Curva, we could see both as roma display and our reply "ready"... priceless, we were really laughing like crazy. After a while, the guys on the athletic track turned the banner towards curva sud, and the Curva Nord provided the soundtrack with a very very loud "scemi, scemi" (fools, fools) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:16 pm

I inform all members attending the match that La Curva Nord accepts contributions for the coreography. If you wish to partecipate at it (5 euro) we will soon inform you how to do it in the new topic dedicated to the Derby meeting.

Ramone
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 246
Country and city : Indonesia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:22 pm

Conn wrote:
Rizmo wrote:

But what laws prevent tifo? I mean like flags,confetti and colors! Nothing wrong with that? Just brings personality to the derby!

There are many issues at work with the new laws that led to a stadium without banners, I will try to sum them up briefly. If you display a banner that was not previously examined by the police, you get the DASPO (stadium ban). Many of the messages that the fans used to write to "take the piss" of the rival fans, would not be allowed. In order to bring a banner inside, it must be made of material that is not flammable (much more expensive than the old paper banners). Many ultras groups do not want to get in any kind of relationship with the police, not even for banner authorization.

I really miss the "battle of the banners" before the derby. It was every time very exciting and some banners were extremely funny. Some others were offensive and disgusting. We could write pages on the most funny banners, and the loads of grammar and spelling mistakes in the roma fans banners... but I think I've already gone off topic.

For Caput Mundi and Ramone, here are some pictures (not really good I'm sorry, if i find out something better i'll let you know)

derby 1984: roma fans write "roma look up to the sky, it's the only thing greater than you". Lazio fans reply "indeed, that's why it is white and blue"

derby 2003: roma fans make a display depicting Mr Enrich running away; they write "don't run away, we'll pay you" (paying is meant as beating, in roman slang). But Lazio fans had already prepared their reply Very Happy You can see the message "first repay your debt" in the picture below, being firstly shown to Curva Nord.
Imagine this scene: in the Curva, we could see both as roma display and our reply "ready"... priceless, we were really laughing like crazy. After a while, the guys on the athletic track turned the banner towards curva sud, and the Curva Nord provided the soundtrack with a very very loud "scemi, scemi" (fools, fools) Very Happy

Thank you once again, Conn!
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:59 am

Cheers for the photo Conn. Ironically, the ultraslazio,it was the first site I looked for it. Must've missed it. Grazie.

avantilazio
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 35
Country and city : Sweden
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:03 am

I Want to make a donation for de coregraphy off course!
I think all off laziofever members whos attending the derby will give some money!

18 april, one club on earth, one passion in life. LazialitÓ the most powerful way of living!!!
Back to top Go down
forzalazio
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 60
Country and city : Austria, Innsbruck
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:25 am

We as well

Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:46 am

WE ARE GOING TO OPEN THE FINAL DERBY TOPIC SOON.
LOCKING THIS ONE .
KEEP YOUR FINGER AND MIND ON BOLOGNA NOW!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DERBY LF meeting Important Info   Today at 7:33 pm

Back to top Go down

The DERBY LF meeting Important Info
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3