Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: The Fans Derby story board.   Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:38 am

Yes we lost.
But this Derby deserve a story board for many reasons because , from the fans side, has been a real hell and experience .
We must remind what we all did to support la Lazio and how much we spent in time, passion, fatigue and money to attend this special match!

I invite all beeing here , and still in Rome, to share with you all their experience even if some of you already share many matches togheter:

Personally i start with few words because i was in my stand and i can't "feel" what you feel but , trust me , i am sure that you really got the " Match".
Again i thanks all attending the match after a crazy week of uncertain chances to join us due to the Volcano blast on the transportation and i invite you to write few words with some pics here.

Like you i invite anyone that want to share is story with us because yesterday on la Gazzetta dello Sport a full page was dedicated to all fans abroad and how they spent the day for the Big one.

Also i take this opportunity to think about the future regarding LFever task for tickets , money , and so on because it will , radically, change.

Last edited by Ermetico on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Andersson
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 100
Country and city : Kungälv, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Paolo, would it be possible to see this articel?
Is this the right place to translate my "afterderbychronical" from SvenskaFans?

Great work laziali during the game and I hope that all got home safely.
Roma got the most undeserved derbyvictory ever...

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:18 pm

[quote="Mr.Andersson"]Paolo, would it be possible to see this articel?

THANKS TO LA GAZZETA DELLO SPORT
Saturday 17th article by Davide Stoppini on la Gazzetta

Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:47 am

Some pics....
Source are from differents forums:

Our fathers colours....

La curva

blue-white
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 384
Country and city : Austria
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:22 am

Wonderful pics. Thanx for them.

To the article - Austria = Lazio
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:12 pm

I just came back from Rome. As soon as I get any rest I promise to give a full report, with some amazing videos from the match, the video with Pino Wilson, a lot of pics and share my story.

For now I just want to say hi to all of you, and say it was a great pleasure meeting great laziali from all over. And again thanks to Paolo.

Lo scudetto lo scudetto lo scudetto se ne và

Se ne và!!!!

Se ne và!!!!!!

Daje Lazio!

Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:42 pm

More pics..for who deserve la Curva!

Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:45 pm

In few words? One Symbol One colour one Passion!

Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:53 am

By Gianni BARBERI Pro Photo free lance

amazing colours!!

Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:56 am

I see that many are already back home from Rome..
Hope to see your pics, message, short story very soon...

Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:15 am

Ok here we go...

We (me, Ivan, a friend that's not on the forum and his friend) arrived on Friday around 3 pm. After settling in the worst hostel ever we headed to get the tickets. There we met Paolo and Conn, had a quick chat, obviously the mood was a bit on the down side because of the f***** volcano. As I'm about to become an uncle I bought these for my future nephew, you've got to get them while they're young Very Happy

Later we went to the Bandana pub, a great place, to watch the Inter – Rubentus game. Ivan and I were the first to arrive, and found the place to be swarmed with bloody riommanisti, all cheering for Rube (they're a disgrace). We sat down and watched the game, ordered beers, then enters Laziogirl, her wonderful daughter and their friend Daniel who's also a massive laziale. We introduce ourselves, chat a bit, then Inter scores.
All the people in the bar start cursing but Laziogirl starts shouting and clapping her hands and celebrating like crazy!!! That was so awesome! Some wankers tried to shut her up but she couldn't give a flying fuck about them Very Happy

After the game Il Capitano came to the pub, and we started chatting away, and as expected I got pretty wasted. Was a good evening though.
Saturday, I don't know if it was food or alcohol poisoning, but I felt like crapp all day. A bit of sightseeing and preparing for Laziofever derby dinner.
I must say that it was a great pleasure meeting all the people, and express my sincerest regret that a lot of people weren't able to arrive. Paolo had 2 surprises for us, the shirt for Classo and a chance for us to meet the legendary Pino Wilson!!!

The pic is a bit blurry, but Michael (the guy came from f***** Canada!!!) will send me the one he took.

The food was excellent, even though my stomach was acting up. People said I looked like shite, but that's basically what I always look like. It's just that then I felt inside the way I look on the outside, which is not pretty Very Happy
As I said, the food was excellent, except for some really weird sausage. I will let you decide if you'd eat it Twisted Evil

I'm an ungrateful bastard, but I don't hide it Very Happy

Again we went out for drinks, again I got wasted, but what are you supposed to do when the company is as great as these laziali.
Now to the big day, the tension was great, the day seemed to last forever. We met by the restaurant we had the dinner the night before, and went to the stadium early to avoid crowds. Here's our new flag people, it looks awesome.

Unfortunately we got separated when Ivan and me stopped to buy some beers, and the messages I sent to Laziogirl and Engberg didn't go through so I was worried, especially after the game ended and riots erupted. Fortunately, everything was ok.
Now what you've been waiting for, here are the best two videos I took. I mean the atmosphere was awesome, way better than last years home derby. Chills go through my spine even now. You'll have to excuse me singning, my voice kept breaking up, and it was hard to shoot a vid while yelling my heart out and waving the flag they gave us as part of the coreo.

Fights in Tevere and Monte Mario started near the end of Non mollare mai, the security did a poor job, bastards.

And here's So gia due ore. Megasweet.

I fiddled with my camera for a while, but couldn't get the panorama shot well, that's what happens when you're stupid enough :(

The game deserves no comment. I was and still am heartbroken.

I learned quite a few new chants, my favorite being the moment when 50,000 ppl were singing „Mamma di De Rossi e 'na ......“ and the ironic applause to their failed attempt at a miserable coreography and the chants „Scemi scemi“. Just and excellent experience.

After the match we met Conn who suggested we don't take Ponte Milvio, and it's good that we didn't. When bombs started going off people around us started running and believe me it's not a pleasant feeling. My whole family was panicking because of the news on riots. We again went to Porta Pia, had something to eat, drank a beer, and went home, since no-one came to Bandana, and I can't blame them.

Yesterday we headed back to Zagreb, there were a lot of cars on the freeway, the situation with the volcano really disrupted traffic everywhere.
We were fortunate, because we live relatively close and have a car, while Laziogirl and Sascha are stranded in Rome because they can't get home, even all the trains and buses going north are all booked. Hold on guys!!

All in all this was a great weekend, it's a privilege to be able to support la Lazio and I didn't regret going for a second. The result tells one story, but the play on the pitch and the chants from the stands speak another – la Lazio, prima squadra della Capitale. Daje Lazio, daje Laziali.

Che vinca che perda la riomma resta merda!

That's it. It's a long post but hey. I would like the others to share their stories as well. Good night now, I'm still a wreck.
Forza Lazio per sempre.

Back to top Go down
blue-white
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:43 am

last pic is the best one. Very Happy

Quote :
People said I looked like shite, but that's basically what I always look like
you are right. bounce
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:57 am

Sile : your report worth all the sacrifices we ve done for this meeting!

GRAZIE!

pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:34 am

Grande Sile
Back to top Go down
Amir
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 am

Sile,

thanks for a splendid report bro`. It`s like I was with you all.

However, I find this chant by Lazio fans to be really really lame.
Sile wrote:
„Mamma di De Rossi e 'na ----“

I mean, what has De Rossi`s mother got to do anything. Just leave anyone else alone!
I don`t agree with such chants really.
Back to top Go down
NonMollareMai
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 94
Country and city : singapore
Laziale since : 1992

PostSubject: Watching the Rome Derby in Singapore   Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 am

This is something i wrote which i intend to get my country's media to publish it! I hope you guys enjoy reading as much as i enjoyed writing it!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Non Mollare Mai
Singapore

I caressed the shiny flag for one last time, before stowing it into the drawer. Lazio’s Tri-Colori flag will not fly again until the next Rome derby.

I sighed deeply and said quietly to myself. “If only Floccari had converted the penalty”.

As a life long supporter of S.S Lazio, the derby meant the world to me. The feeling of defeating our rival, A.S Roma, in the derby is as amazing as winning the Italian Championship. This year’s Rome derby is particularly interesting – with five games remaining, Roma are one point behind league leader, Inter Milan. Lazio, on the other hand, find themselves languishing at fifth from the bottom of the table, and fighting to survive in Serie A. Therefore, both teams were really fired up for the game.

In Italy, preparation for the derby starts as early as 1 month before the match. Fans would flood Lazio’s TV/Radio talk shows and Internet forums to urge their players on, and they will start preparing the flags and banners we often see flying in the stands.

Despite being bombarded by Premier League football in Singapore, I had the honor and privilege to befriend a die-hard Lazio fan, Stefano. He was born and bred in Rome, and is currently working here. He had chanced upon my blog and has since joined the local Lazio Supporters group. We decided to show our support for Lazio despite being thousands of miles away from Rome – we decided to construct a Lazio flag for the derby.

After meeting with some problems liaising with local flag manufactures, we decided to make the flags ourselves. It is common for fans in Italy to design and make their own flags. For fans, a flag with the club’s symbols is very sacred indeed.

We headed to Mustafa Shopping Centre to locate the materials, and Stefano’s familiarity with the mall was amazing. We managed to find the fabric and color that we wanted: dark blue, white and sky blue, Lazio’s colors. We drew up the dimensions and began sewing. With the help of my cousin, who is a seamstress, the flag was completed in no time. Measuring 300x200cm, it is huge, and we could not wait to fly it on match day.

We would be watching the game at Sapore Italiano Café Bar, which is located at Raffles City. Darran, another Lazio fan, and I were there early to set up our flags, camera and, of course, to soak up the atmosphere. Guess what to my disgust, the Romanista – Roma fans in Italian – were already there; the owner of the place had invited a few Roma fans for the match. The intensity of the rivalry between the two Roman teams is like no other derby I’ve seen. I felt the tension the moment I crossed eyes with this fat Italian man in his early 40s. Animosity between fans at the derby is common, and it was no surprise that even here, the hostility felt very real.

After I got to my seat, this fat man turned around and asked me arrogantly and sarcastically, “Why do you support Lazio?” I replied, smiling, “Because Roma are s***”.

I had already told myself not to be provocative, but his manner of disrespect prompted my similarly uncouth response, and so I thought I should return the favor.

Meanwhile, the boys from Singapore Lazio Supporters group started arriving, and we were all very optimistic and confident that we would obtain a good result. That was because we had won the last three editions of the home game against Roma. The last, a memorable 4-2 victory.

A familiar song was played in the restaurant just before kickoff and we all sang our hearts out to it - it is our club anthem, ‘Vola Lazio Vola’. I had specially arranged this sing-together, and even got the lyrics of the song printed out for those who wish to sing along. We held up our scarves proudly and I sang myself hoarse. The Roma fans that were present looked at us in astonishment. The looks on their faces suggested to me that they are wondering why there were such crazy Lazio supporters in Singapore, who knows the Italian lyrics of the Lazio anthem by heart. The Romanista were further left dumbstruck when they saw our huge Lazio flag! For me, I felt like we have already won the game!

The match started off with Roma fielding a trident attack in Toni, Totti and Vucini, while Edy Reja, the Lazio coach decided to leave Mauro Zarate, the star player of Lazio, on the bench. Lazio’s defender Willy Stendardo got off to the worst possible start as he was stretched off due to a fractured nose he sustained from a collision with Luca Toni. The Roma fans at the Bar were buoyant and started teasing us. I traded friendly insults with a Romanisti who was sitting in front of me.

The match restarted and a defensive error in the 14th minute by the Roma backline presented us with a goal! We exploded, and I went berserk! Lazio’s Captain, Tomasso Rocchi received a delicate ball from Christian Ledesma and broke free from his marker to slot in the ball into the net. It was one hell of a great start! I was ecstatic!

That goal silenced the Roma fans in the Bar and I could not help but continue singing, which undoubtedly infuriated them. For a second, I felt as though my whole body were shaking. It took me awhile to figure out that it was actually the vibration from my phone, indicating the flurry of SMSes that were pouring in. My cell phone was vibrating non-stop. Friends and colleagues that were behind Lazio for this match were sending me messages to share their joy with me.

I called up my friend, Simon from Nanjing, China, and he too was feeling exuberant. The city of Nanjing is well known for its large Lazio fan base. I could hardly hear what Simon was saying.

“Who did you call, and why were you faking the accent”? Darran asked

“Nanjing fans, everyone went mad”! I replied.

Roma stepped up a gear after the restart but Lazio’s defence held up. We went into the break with a 1-goal cushion. During the half time break, I was so nervous and my heart was pounding so fast that I thought I would collapse from cardiac arrest anytime. I was with Stefano and Melvin as we discussed about the possible changes to the second half. Stefano was telling me about how this derby resembles the one where we won 3-1, courtesy of Di Canio’s superb volley. I, on the other hand, was very worried that Reja would switch to a defensive mode. Roma have been famous for disappearing in the first half and coming back from behind in the second half this season.

The second half started in the best possible way for us. A penalty was awarded to Lazio as Roma defender Cassetti tripped Aleksandar Kolarov inside the penalty area. I turned my back to the screen, as I was too nervous to watch. Striker Sergio Floccari, who on so many occasions single-handedly saved us from the brink of defeat, fired a weak penalty straight into the legs of the Roma keeper, Julio Sergio’s legs - he missed! From the faces of the boys, I knew he had missed. My heart sank! That saved penalty sparked the Roma players forward. Soon after, Kolarov tripped Taddei in the box and the referee gave Roma a penalty. Vucinic stepped up and scored. Roma have equalized much to the horror of all the Laziali in the bar.

I was happy with Rocchi’s work rate and performance for us, and he impressed me further with his run from his own half to the opposition’s penalty box before losing the ball to a Roma defender. I took a deep breath and cursed under my breath. Roma turned the game around completely after the penalty saved by Julio Sergio. Jeremy Menez was brought down just outside the Lazio’s penalty box and Vucinic blasted the ball into the net with Lazio’s custodian, Muslera, stranded. To be fair, that shot was unstoppable.

Our efforts to get back into the game were futile. Zarate was brought on with hope to salvage something but he too was unable to create anything. Ledesma was sent off late into injury time for arguing with the referee. Some post-game scuffles marked the end of 2010 edition’s of the Derby Della Capitale.

Apparently, Roma’s captain, Francesco Totti did a thumb down sign to Lazio fans in the stadium that angered the Lazio players and supporters. Personally, I feel that this is a very unsporting and insulting gesture. As a captain of a team, you are supposed to set a good example to the rest of your teammates and not lead them to committing such a disgraceful act.

In any case, the game goes on. We may have lost a derby, but we have not lost our pride! Whether we are playing in Serie A or B next season, I will never forsake Lazio for any team in the world!

Non Mollare Mai,
Nigel Gan

Me warming up for the derby.

Stefano waving the flag.

A group shot.

We lost a derby, but we did not lose our Pride!

Inside the restaurant/bar. The scarf is a gift from China Laziali.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:32 am

NIGEL!

NonMollareMai
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 94
Country and city : singapore
Laziale since : 1992

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:34 am

Ermetico wrote:
NIGEL!

Cheers my friend!! We have lost a derby but we have not lose our pride!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ramone
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 246
Country and city : Indonesia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:38 am

PASSION WITHOUT BORDERS!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:46 am

Well done Nigel and Sile!

I really enjoyed reading those.

Great to see you got those Lazio baby slippers Sile. They're super cool!

And Nigel, its great to see you guys get together and support Lazio as far away as you are (like me)!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Sile wrote:

affraid

blue-white finally did it, eh? Twisted Evil

On a serious note, great stories here guys...
Back to top Go down
blue-white
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Quote :
blue-white finally did it, eh?
cheers cheers Very Happy

Sile, did you make this photo before the derby or after. If it was after, then.............................................................................bon appetito
Back to top Go down
gracuno
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 59
Country and city : Sandnes, Norway
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Beutyful story Nigel!

Edit: And sile too ofcource

Last edited by gracuno on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Great stories!

Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Both great stories. Pino Wilson, damn I envy you cheers .

Sile seems to had Austian Wurst, Guten Appetit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Today at 3:33 pm

Back to top Go down

The Fans Derby story board.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next