LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Jofo wrote:
Sile seems to had Austian Wurst, Guten Appetit!
hoped it was one of T*tti's thumbs bom

Last edited by pazke on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Il Capitano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 352
Country and city : Germany
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:33 pm

It wasn't German, I can assure that. Very Happy I will write a report as well, but since I'm still here I can do that only by Friday (train tomorrow the whole day).
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:36 pm

God damn it I knew it, half the comments are about the sausage Very Happy

One more thing about the dinner, the guy who was serving our table was soooooo sloooooooowwwww. We had an arrangement that included in the price for the dinner was a beer for everyone. Since some ppl weren't drinking beer the rest was spread around (read: I took them). Then after, the waiter couldn't figure out how he was supposed to charge for the beers we kept ordering, so he got confused. At one moment we all odered beers, and also Paolo made an order for 8 beers.
Here's how the conversation went, it's hilarious:

Paolo: Scusa, 8 beers please
Waiter: Ok people ordered now 4 beers so it is 8 beers?
P: No, another 8 beers.
W: And about the other 4 beers, do i bring them or?
P: Yes, and bring me 8 beers.
W: So I bring 8 beers yes?
P: Yes the 8 beers and the beers the people ordered before.
W: ....... scratch

P: BEERS BEERS BEERS BRING US BEERS IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH WE WANT BEERS!!!

Paolo, you are my hero.

Back to top Go down
ilsemprelaziale
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 126
Country and city : Denmark
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Awesome pictures guys, looks like you had the time of your life despite the result of the match!

That sausage looks really disgusting by the way :(
Back to top Go down
William-85
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 570
Country and city : Northern Ireland, Belfast
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Great stuff gents!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:14 am

Sunday we had a birthday party for my daughter's 3rd birthday.

At the same time we celebrated my son's 6th birthday, because we were on holidays at the end of January this year.
At his request he asked for a cake, especially a football related one.
So my wife ordered one at the bakery the day before.

That Sunday I went to the bakery to get all the cakes, so the party could start in the afternoon.

I was surprised when I opened my son's box, I saw a nice green pitch and goal, and three players on the field ...
2 celeste ones and 1 peperones ... and I was thinking ... 'Could this be an omen for tonight ... a 2-1 victory?'

Sadly ... we lost.

Respect for the Lazio Svenska flag and Ultras Olanda flag on the pitch. Very Happy
Next year I will stuff the baker's face with some cake, if he'll try to do the same again. bom
Back to top Go down
Nickx13
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 215
Country and city : Belgio, Anversa.
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:52 pm

So, here's my story. Sorry for the delay, it's because of the Eyjafjallajökull. Very Happy

First, we go a few months back in time, before the start of the Serie A. We're waiting on the calender and finally it's there! The first thing I wanted to know: " The derby? When is the derby? ". I checked it, it couldn't be. The 18th of April, my birthday. What a present would a derby-victory be! The most beautiful ever. And finally it's there, after months of waiting, looking forward to it. After months of laughing from the merde, months of pain & months of defeats. Only this game could give our season a little bit of colour! I have to be there, for my team! And suddenly... A real nightmare became real! A vulcano? All flights cancelled. That couldn't be, not now, not this weekend! I could see myself on Friday, crying, tears for La Mia Lazio. Thinking this would be the worst moment of my life, the worst birthday ever. From heaven to hell in just a few hours. I called all my friends, with a trilling voice, for saying that we couldn't go to Il derby della Capitale. What a disaster! And then my mobile went off... A message from a friend: " Hey, mate! My birthday-present for you... I'll drive to Rome! ". Tears, again, of happiness! Another time, from heaven to hell, but now in the other direction. I could feel the adrenaline! I packed my bags, tried to sleep a few hours, but I couldn't. Finally, 07.00AM, off to Rome! Avanti, ragazzi! What a trip... 3200 km, just to see my favorite team, but it's worth it. Starting here in Antwerp, so many hours to go before we would arrive. I could feel the Lazialita in the car! Luxemburg, France, Switzerland and then... Italia! But still many hours & kilometers to go... Milano, where we slept a few hours, Parma, Bologna,... and finally, Roma! We just arrived when I got a message from Conn for the tickets. So, off to Porta Pia, where I met all the other Laziale from all over the world. Nice meeting you, guys, and many respect for coming! Conn offered us an Espresso and Jesus, I never felt so good. Very Happy Because of the caffeine we all forgot the huge trip we made! And then, time to go! Time to go to lo stadio! It felt like the bus-trip was even longer then the trip we already made... But finally, we're there! I could smell the Tevere, I could see Olimpico, I could see the other Laziali, another boost of pure adrenaline! More than 2 hours before the kick-off, but the Curva Nord & Distini were nearly full... Is there anything more beautiful in the world? A thousand banners, waving in the sky, like our song is saying. What a feeling! What a fantastic club we have! We, united as one, against that second team in Rome. Like Conn said, the history against the fashion. The elegance against the many. We're ready, let's have it! The 11 gladiators came on the pitch, the stadium exploded! Forza Lazio, ale! What a start, our Capitano, 1-0. The noise when Rocchi scored, people who went totally crazy. Yes! And then, at the beginning of second time, penalty! Fucking yes, this is our chance! I couldn't watch, so I turned my back to the pitch. So many tension on the terraces, but... Floccari missed! What a disaster! Che disastro! And now, everyone could feel it coming... 1-2, we lost the derby, such an important game. I never felt so disappointed. Totti who was provoking us, the Romanisti who were celebrating like they already won the Scudetto. And for us, only tears & pain. Everyone was totally broken, also I was. I cried, like many others, on the terrace. I never saw so many people leaving a stadium with the head down. We didn't deserve that! But, I had such a strange feeling also. I never was só proud to be a Laziale, to be one of them. Even not after winning the derby last season or winning the Coppa. The way we all stood together, as one massive group, against them, that's unique! I'm hoping & praying that everything will become good at the end of this season, but I'm full of confidence. Such team, with such great tifosi, it couldn't be that we're going down. That's impossible! And if God wouldn't be with us, we just fight back! Again, as one big group. For our city, for our colors. We will never surrender, never!

Lazio, ti amo. Ieri, oggi e domani... Per sempre!

A special thank to Alessio & Paolo for all the organisation, it must have been really stressful for you both. You guys are the real champions. Grazie!

Last edited by Nickx13 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RKeane10
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 75
Country and city : Sweden Malmö
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:45 pm

My first time in Rome and first time i saw Lazio live. I went with a friend that supports AS Merda so the tickets were a big problem. We got tickets to Monte Mario (on the south side which was bollucks) and it was amazing.

All I can say that was negative was the Romanisti around me, first I had a Lazio scarf (Evy Reja style Wink)on but they took it off me and said that was not acceptable. It was a shame that I didn´t kept the scar on, that´s something I regret. Oterwise a top trip and I will be going 1 game next season again, this time in curva nord.

FORZA LAZIO ALÈ !
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:23 am

Nickx13 wrote:
So, here's my story. Sorry for the delay, it's because of the Eyjafjallajökull. Very Happy

ahahahahah, great stuff Nick!
Back to top Go down
Nickx13
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 215
Country and city : Belgio, Anversa.
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:29 am

Hahaha, let's all blame the volcano, amico!

Burn, Eyjafjallajökull, buuuuuuuuuuurn! (But, please, not again just before the next derby!)
Back to top Go down
Il Capitano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 352
Country and city : Germany
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:12 am

Since we all know how the game went I want to concentrate on the stuff which happened around the derby, the travelling, a strange volcano and beautiful employees at this store.

When I first booked the flight it was July and I already looked forward to the whole trip since then, especially because I missed my first derby since spring 2003 after my holiday in New York collided with the match in December.

On Thursday evening I saw some news on television about a volcano called Icelandwantstoscrewthewholeeconomicsystemofeurope but didn’t really care since that weird island is basically not around the corner. On half past seven in the morning I got a text message from Lufthansa that my flight at 11:25 CET was cancelled. As I live close to the train station I went right there, missed a first possible train, but took another one at 9:30 CET with a supposed arrival of 22:45 CET at Roma Termini. Luckily I took some movies with me and also my laptop, which was of great help later on. In Milan I was able to catch one of the new Freccierosse, a fast train which connects Milano Centrale with Roma Termini within three hours. All in all I paid 280 Euros to arrive in Rome at 22:00 CET and went straight to my usual hotel, which had installed a WiFi-connection, very much to my delight. After checking in I went straight to Bandana Pub, where Paolo had booked a table for way too many people! What was he thinking? I entered the bar just after Inter had beaten Juventus and met Sinisa, Ivan, Susanne, Kim and Daniel there. Then I got the news that many of the other Laziali from around Europe were stuck in England, Sweden or the Netherlands and weren’t able to make it. We decided to take a few drinks in order to forget the horrible news, while Sinisa got even more and suddenly was asking me and my friend Pascal, who joined us later, why Bavaria stands out so much from all other German regions. At some point, though, Bandana decided to close and we (Sinisa, Ivan, Pascal and me, the left-overs) had to leave, getting a snack around the corner of my hotel just before going to bed.

The next day I didn’t do much and still hoped my flight back home on Monday would go and just waited for the dinner at the Rosso Pomodoro. We gathered there shortly after seven o’clock and also Mats, a Swedish journalist bringing over his two daughters, Alessio and two Canadian guys together with Paolo joined the group from the Bandana drinking the night before. The food, despite some weird Italian sausage was more than excellent, but way too much. We had “some” appertizers, then pasta, risotto and the already mentioned sausage with rosemary potatoes and salad. For some weird reason somebody decided to cancel our dinner. In the meantime some older guy had come in, Pino Wilson, who had stolen my nickname Il Capitano, however I still allowed him to pose for some pictures with our Laziali, who happily welcomed him. Afterward we went to a winebar not too far away and later went on to have some more drinks at the famous, but very full New Age Café (best regards to Classo).

The next day we were all eager to attend the game. After that “massive” display we saw an intense match with a bitter ending, but as always it was a great experience. I didn’t like the running part after the match, but even at places where everything is so well organized like in Rome *cough* sometimes the unexpected happens. Sinisa, Ivan, Pascal and me later had dinner at Bella Napoli and afterwards we went to Termini together, since my flight for Monday had been cancelled as well, ironically I got the message during our way to the stadium. I wanted to check for train tickets, but the automatic ticket counters didn’t tell the real truth and so I had to wait at least one more day to see what will happen. I didn’t like it too much that the hotline of Lufthansa was always busy, but because of that I had no choice and needed to go to the Fiumicino-airport to get a new flight, this time for Wednesday. That meant two more nights in Rome, which had to be well used, for example for a good dinner on Monday with Susanne, Kim and Daniel. In the meantime we were looking for other options (rented car) to get home. We couldn’t find any, but I got bad news while we were watching Inter-Barcelona at the Bandana on Tuesday, as my Wednesday flight was cancelled as well. For some reason one idiot decided to celebrate Inter’s second goal as if they had won the CL semifinal’s first leg and took down the beamer, so for some minutes we could only listen Maurizio Compagnoni’s emotional commentary (rrrrrrrrrrrrrrete!) waiting for a solution. We got a very dark and lousy picture afterwards and decided that enough is enough and went home. I tried to call the German railway various time in the night, but it was always busy. Luckily somebody replied in the morning and told me that there were still train tickets available to Cologne.

I went straight to Termini after passing a certain store, where I was introduced to a beauty of nature called Elena, who was helping out there. Some grey-haired guy wanted me to sell second-hand plastic watches in the meantime, but I declined. After waiting less long than expected I finally reached an open counter and got my ticket back home for today, 290 Euros for starting the trip at 9:30 CET in Rome, reaching Cologne at 22:05 CET. For some reason, just in front of the long lines waiting at the counters, a sign said: WE HAVE TO INFORM YOU THAT ALL TICKETS TO NORTH EUROPE ARE SOLD OUT UNTIL APRIL 24TH. Maybe I got something wrong here, but I doubt it. So tahnk you for nothing actually, also on behalf of many people not getting home because of the wrong information. Later on Pascal and I watched Bayern beating Lyon at a friend’s place. I finally got back to the hotel around 2 in the night, where the receptionist had fallen asleep and opened me the door after ten minutes. What a perfect ending for a perfect trip. Overall 570 Euros extra for train tickets, 16 Euros going to Fiumicino for basically nothing and 195 Euros for three extra nights at the hotel. Was it worth it? No doubt about it. It was just a very unfortunate not to see a lot of other Laziali. See you in the fall!

Last edited by Il Capitano on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
laziogirl
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 94
Country and city : Sweden
Laziale since : Forever
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: The Fans Derby Story Board,   Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:57 am

Ok back in Stockholm and here comes my story!

My travel expenses started already before taking off on wednesday morning when I received an email from the taxi transport saying that we didn't show up in the airport the 14th 00.01. I dacknowledged my mistake and changed it to the 15th at 00.01, 50€ charged already on my VISA Crying or Very sad

Ok, no use to cry over spilled milk as we say in Sweden. Me, Daniel and Kim(my daughter) arrived and taxi drove us to the Margot Guest House where we always stay, and I prepaid the taxi also for the return to Fiumicino scheduled for Monday 04:30 100€.
(next time ask Paolo to fix a limo from Fiumicino to Rome centre at 50 euro)

On thursday as always straight to the Lazioshop to check new stuff, there were this journalist interviewing people, He approached me and asked in italian which team I think would win the derby. Is he kidding me, asking that question within the Lazioshop affraid

Having a beer in the sun I sent a text mess to Nesta Jr telling that sun is shining very happily, no reply weird, passing Paolo shop and Simona is there, asking us if we had any troubles to fly down because of the volcano cloud, QUE??????

Now I understand why no response from Nesta Jr, thinking why I'm sending him such a mess when he cant fly down, what a cruel woman!!!!! Now we realized how lucky we were to be in Rome at all, and I really felt for all laziali that seemed to miss one of the most important derby for many years.

We called Paolo and met him later at Enoteca (the wine bar) for a chat and met two guys from Canada being here for their first derby. Later we had dinner at Santo Padre a very good roman kitchen. Ahh finally some italian food and nice wine

Friday passed by showing my daughter all tourists stuff in Rome, picked up our tickets at lazioshop, met up Ivan, Sinisa, Sascha in Bandana watching the game inter-juventus, the bar was full of romanistas cheering for Juventus. When game was over I stood up, applauding the Inter win, sometimes its good to be a woman :-)
Kim was so tired and I promised her to leave, 5 drinks later she looked like she wanted to kill me so I gave up, took my responsibility as a parent and we went home to the hotel.

Saturday was nice and quiet, we did meet for the dinner at Rosso Pommodoro, met Pino Wilson which was a great surprise, and ate and ate and ate, mamma mia. Mats(the swedish journalist) was there and had his two daughters with him, and he told them that they have to pass the Lazioshop next day, and they asked why? Its really fun there he said and you really want this "stuff", they looked at him and said No dad we don't want that stuff cheers

I delivered the herring(sill) and hard bread (knäckebröd) which I brought for Paolo, hope you liked it!

We did go to this crazy New age cafe where they were setting drinks of fire, I was not in the mood to party or stay up late, tomorrow is the game so we decided to go home after one drink to stay fresh.

SUNDAY, I have had a feeling all week that this derby is going to be the biggest clash for years, and I was nervous when we went out to the stadium with Gustav, Sascha, Sinisa and Pascal, but a very bad smell from a guy in the bus did wake me up and we all rushed out before we started to puke.. Gustav, Daniel and Kim and I ended up in one section at Distinti Ovest, Suddenly a guy came with a woman, stitting down two rows in front of us and people started to applaud, approaching him, kissing him, taking pictures and we didn't know who he was. He had to leave because it came too much and then he sneaked in with a different jacket and cap very incognito to be left alone. Daniel have a blurry picture on his mobile so we need to start an investigation, he had 11 on his shirt and looked to have been around 73/74.

After the game we left asap, we took the decision to turn right for a shorter way to the busses passing the main bridge, our intention was too try to avoid any incidents. First a laziale took a bottle and smacked in the forehead of a romanista passing by just in front of us, oops!
Then a big guy looked at Daniel and started to shout Laziale in a hostile way.....Then on the bridge Gustav went into a post smashing his forehead...
And finally all people on the bridge started to run since the carabinieri was coming...... and hell yeah we were running too!
Ok for next derby we will consider to skip the shortway home....

Our flight had already been cancelled on monday and was now scheduled for wednesday morning, so two extra days in Rome, more nice food and more nice wine and great company with other laziales. It would have been even greater if we didn't had to spend our time in internet cafes, phone with fiumicino, trying to get some more money, finding buses, hire a car, train whatever since we had no idea if the flights were leaving or not for the rest of the week.

Wednesday came and our flight was cancelled again without further information, because the cloud were now even worse and over sweden....we took the decision to go out to the airport and arrived 1:45, I tried to find some scandinavian check-in and saw that a SAS flight was scheduled for Copenhagen at 14:50. we went to the check-in and they said that we had 5 minutes to try to buy a ticket if we should check-in. We then met this SAS swedish employee that helped us, he called a person on his mobile, got a price 200€ /person to fly from Rome-Copenhagen-Stockholm, took my credit card and gave them the numbers, and then we checked in and off we were, landed in Stockholm yesterday evening at 19.10! What a hero.

So same as Sascha we spent a lot of extra money for this derby, 600€ flight tickets, 42€ Fiumicino, and 150 € on hotel.

Letitizia our hotel lady gave us 70€ discount for the hotel, and also a nice sicily wine as a present , so I told her that we will be back within a couple of months because as Sacha is saying it was worth every penny to see La Lazio fighting as warriors, Paolo as charming as always, all nice laziale friends that managed to get to Rome, and I also think that my daughter Kim has become a llittle more interested in football and Lazio (though she won't admit it)

Forza Lazio!
Back to top Go down
BigMamaEagle
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 236
Country and city : USA
Laziale since : 2000

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:57 am

a big THANK YOU to everyone who took photos and wrote about their experiences! I love reading these. I feel like I'm right there with all of you.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:10 am

As i already wrote many times in this forum i want to remark it:

A forum could be done by 2000 members or more and ppl thinks that numbers are important or visit( shiny staat) counts: this is not true!

The quality of a community is done by members and this Topic show up the essence of LazioFever. A forum reach his target each time that a member partecipate and share is time with efforts and passion as many of you demonstrate in the past years.

As i always told to ALL friends joining Laziofever is important that OUR Lazialita' is recognized and you, writing your stories adding pics videos and so on are the witness of our PRESENCE and active support to la SS Lazio.
We are , thanks to that real action, and we have been recognized by Fans and la Societa' and for this reason i am with all our mods proud to , still , represent you in Rome as the unique community made by Laziali!

Again... Grazie ragazzi!

dani
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 19
Country and city : Copenhagen
Laziale since : Birth
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:37 pm

I just returned home yesterday evening from a very looong trip. I will post my story later in the afternoon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JacobSweden
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 69
Country and city : Sweden, Gothenburg
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:28 pm

It is very nice to see all your stories! Because i wanted to be there it hurts to see all this wonderfull pictures. But anyway i am very happy to see your nice trip and i am glad for you guys, thanks for the stories cheers
Back to top Go down
forzalazio
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 60
Country and city : Austria, Innsbruck
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: The Fans Derby story board.   Sat May 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Grazie mille to Paolo and Allesio for all your help

Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin