HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Where did it all go wrong? How do we put it right?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 433
Age : 30
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong? How do we put it right?   Sat May 15, 2010 1:30 am

Goal Lazio: With Serie A Status Now Secured, Who Is To Be Made Accountable For Lazio’s Disastrous Campaign?
After overcoming the threat of relegation last weekend, Goal.com’s Lazio expert believes it’s time for some answers following another deluding term under the current patron…

By Stefano Federici



Ten years ago to the day, Lazio were celebrating their second scudetto following an incredible last day that saw Sven Goran Eriksson’s men pip Juventus to the Serie A title by a single point.

Having won almost everything possible in an extraordinary two year period, the Biancocelesti were undoubtedly one of the biggest names in Europe. A decade on, the Aquile have more recently just overcome a brush with relegation, in circumstances far distant from the events at the turn of the millennium.

With the club’s Serie A status mathematically restored, it is now time for certain personnel to be made accountable for the ongoing decline if Lazio are to avoid another brush with the drop zone in the near future.

As the Biancocelesti prepare for their season finale against Udinese on Saturday evening, we must consider this year’s campaign as one of the darkest pages in Lazio’s longstanding 110 year history.


Given the Aquile have failed to surpass the 50 points mark for three consecutive seasons, achieving no higher than last term's tenth placed finish, it seems clear the current club hierarchy has come to a crossroads.

Should president Claudio Lotito now look to take positive action, it seems the word ‘future’ can still be uttered in the same sentence as Societa Sportiva Lazio. If, however, the Formello outfit are to be subjected to another summer of false promises and failed signings, it is inevitable the current downward spiral will continue.

There are two choices. Either the club patron must stand aside and leave the club in the hands of somebody capable of carrying forward a serious project, or he should be prepared to roll up his sleeves and reconstruct the organisation from top to bottom.

Lazio are in over-due need of a full club structure which includes a general director, sporting director, and director of marketing who can once again put the Biancocelesti back on the map.

In the last five years, the current patron has eliminated all these vital positions within the club, and the disastrous consequences have been there for all to see. Having played without a shirt sponsor for four seasons now, the Biancocelesti continue to lose valuable revenue and are slowly becoming a distant relative of the club that once ruled the world stage.

With regards to the roles of general director and sporting director, one cannot underline the importance of these positions in today’s game. Given Lotito has failed to make any top sales during his reign in charge of the Formello outfit, it is clear that without a figure such as Fiorentina's Pantaleo Corvino or ex-Napoli guru Pierpaolo Marino, the Biancocelesti are set to endure further problems, which have surrounded players such as Goran Pandev in recent seasons.

Considering the precarious situation of a number of top clubs including Juventus and Milan, who are far from rosy following their own personal setbacks, it would be a crime for Lazio to once again slip further into anonymity by failing to take action.

With the club’s finances no longer an excuse for the lack of resources, it seems the capital’s oldest outfit needs to make some gutsy decisions if it is to stand any chance of becoming competitive again.

Considering its history and following across the globe, Lazio certainly have the potential to become a household name once again. But, Lotito must do something about it...and now.



By Stefano Federici


http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2010/05/14/1924424/goal-lazio-with-serie-a-status-now-secured-who-is-to-be-made


I thought this article has everything to do with this topic . . .
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong? How do we put it right?   Sat May 15, 2010 2:25 am

Kris wrote:
Caxi wrote:
Lucky Strike wrote:
Kris wrote:
Where did it all go wrong?

Rossi out... Balla In. Period.

And why did Rossi (have to) leave? Why did Ballardini had to start without our two most important players?

Exactly.

This is a logical argument and I understand it, however, can we not also look at it from another perspective and say that if Lotito made perfectly agreeable decisions then things can still go wrong?

I mean, I am looking to next season, thinking of a team comprising Radu, Ledesma, Muslera with Reja on the bench, maybe Marino as DS and Lotito taking a backseat when it comes to club affairs and yet I also envisage this perfect scenario for many as being a potential nightmare.

I mean this with the greatest respect Lucky Strike, as always. You're right, one can attribute all the blame on the shoulders of Lotito but that is because he is top of the Lazio hierarchy. And dare I say it, because it is also the easy way out.

Caxi, you need to stop over analysing these things. The issue was: (see my previous post). Period.

No "maybe's", no "but on the other side", no excuses. Lotito is a cunt, and the Rossi out, Balla in scenario really butt fucked us.

Perhaps, but I was hoping to generate better discussion than that.

If Ledesma, Stendardo, Dias and Biava were at the disposal of Ballardini at the point they became available to Reja, I think we would have been safe with two games to spare. So, Rossi out, Balla in, Period doesn't cut the mustard for me.

I don't want to be blinded by the fact that Reja has passion and is sticking it to Lotito; he is a substandard coach for us. I actually think Ballardini was better and will go on to forge a good career.

But time will tell. And I do think Reja deserves one more season and that Ballardini should have went sooner. It is not black and white for me Kris.

_________________
We live by the same principles we die for. Live, breathe, Lazio!

[url]http://lazio.theoffside.com
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 624
Age : 36
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong? How do we put it right?   Sat May 15, 2010 3:34 am

Caxi wrote:
Kris wrote:
Caxi wrote:
Lucky Strike wrote:
Kris wrote:
Where did it all go wrong?

Rossi out... Balla In. Period.

And why did Rossi (have to) leave? Why did Ballardini had to start without our two most important players?

Exactly.

This is a logical argument and I understand it, however, can we not also look at it from another perspective and say that if Lotito made perfectly agreeable decisions then things can still go wrong?

I mean, I am looking to next season, thinking of a team comprising Radu, Ledesma, Muslera with Reja on the bench, maybe Marino as DS and Lotito taking a backseat when it comes to club affairs and yet I also envisage this perfect scenario for many as being a potential nightmare.

I mean this with the greatest respect Lucky Strike, as always. You're right, one can attribute all the blame on the shoulders of Lotito but that is because he is top of the Lazio hierarchy. And dare I say it, because it is also the easy way out.

Caxi, you need to stop over analysing these things. The issue was: (see my previous post). Period.

No "maybe's", no "but on the other side", no excuses. Lotito is a cunt, and the Rossi out, Balla in scenario really butt fucked us.

Perhaps, but I was hoping to generate better discussion than that.

If Ledesma, Stendardo, Dias and Biava were at the disposal of Ballardini at the point they became available to Reja, I think we would have been safe with two games to spare. So, Rossi out, Balla in, Period doesn't cut the mustard for me.

I don't want to be blinded by the fact that Reja has passion and is sticking it to Lotito; he is a substandard coach for us. I actually think Ballardini was better and will go on to forge a good career.

But time will tell. And I do think Reja deserves one more season and that Ballardini should have went sooner. It is not black and white for me Kris.

Im just a simple un-articulate tradesman. Sometimes the best answers are the simple ones.
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 386
Age : 30
Country and city : Sweden
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong? How do we put it right?   Sat May 15, 2010 5:06 am

I agree that Ballardini wasn't the main problem from the start but rather the tools (to use a well known word Very Happy) he was given by Lotito. However, time proved that he prefered to be loyal toward Lotito instead of working in the best interest of Lazio. In the end he lost it also tactically and could simply not stay.

Reja is on our side. That's the most important difference.
Back to top Go down
Galles.
Aquilotto
Aquilotto


Number of posts : 96
Age : 43
Country and city : Bath,England, UK
Laziale since : Foetus
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong? How do we put it right?   Sun May 16, 2010 1:02 am

Kris wrote:
Caxi wrote:
Lucky Strike wrote:
Kris wrote:
Where did it all go wrong?

Rossi out... Balla In. Period.

And why did Rossi (have to) leave? Why did Ballardini had to start without our two most important players?

Exactly.

This is a logical argument and I understand it, however, can we not also look at it from another perspective and say that if Lotito made perfectly agreeable decisions then things can still go wrong?

I mean, I am looking to next season, thinking of a team comprising Radu, Ledesma, Muslera with Reja on the bench, maybe Marino as DS and Lotito taking a backseat when it comes to club affairs and yet I also envisage this perfect scenario for many as being a potential nightmare.

I mean this with the greatest respect Lucky Strike, as always. You're right, one can attribute all the blame on the shoulders of Lotito but that is because he is top of the Lazio hierarchy. And dare I say it, because it is also the easy way out.

Caxi, you need to stop over analysing these things. The issue was: (see my previous post). Period.

No "maybe's", no "but on the other side", no excuses. Lotito is a cunt, and the Rossi out, Balla in scenario really butt fucked us.

it wasn`t just Lotti many fans wanted Rossi out,I think I may have evn joined along in the general feeling that it was time for change but deep down thought it would take a special coach to take over.
Why do you say PERIOD?? I thought that was american talk not aussie....more importantly how come you can type cunt on here but not s.h.i.t ????
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong? How do we put it right?   Sun May 16, 2010 1:38 am

El Weninho wrote:
I agree that Ballardini wasn't the main problem from the start but rather the tools (to use a well known word Very Happy) he was given by Lotito. However, time proved that he prefered to be loyal toward Lotito instead of working in the best interest of Lazio. In the end he lost it also tactically and could simply not stay.

Reja is on our side. That's the most important difference.

For me as well. If Ballardini gave a trap and stood up to Lotito and demanded Ledesma for example, then Lazio might not have been in such a situation. Instead he was Lotito's puppet, didn't care or show any emotion. The difference is that when Reja was appointed he stood up to Lotito and did things his way and cared about Lazio and her fans.

Imagine where Lazio would have finished had Reja been appointed from day 1. Certainly better than where we finished today.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2737
Age : 33
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong? How do we put it right?   Sun May 16, 2010 3:13 am

Galles. wrote:
..more importantly how come you can type cunt on here but not s.h.i.t ????

or you can type cocksucking spermguzzling asslicking fucktarded son of someone (Lotito's codename) but can't type sh1t. Interesting. Foul game is afoot.

_________________
"One love, One Lazio SUPER TECH!!!" - mr douglas

Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2163
Age : 36
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong? How do we put it right?   Sun May 16, 2010 7:36 am

Sile wrote:
Galles. wrote:
..more importantly how come you can type cunt on here but not s.h.i.t ????

or you can type cocksucking spermguzzling asslicking fucktarded son of someone (Lotito's codename) but can't type sh1t. Interesting. Foul game is afoot.

And soon you have made all those beautiful words "ones that cant be typed"...bastardi!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Where did it all go wrong? How do we put it right?   Today at 4:56 am

Back to top Go down
 
Where did it all go wrong? How do we put it right?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Wrong Hole in one
» wrong place wrong time
» You Aussie Prosepectors are "doing it wrong"...
» TNA: making right or wrong decisons ?
» Running tires backwards is WRONG

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Only SS Lazio-
Jump to: