Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 10:23 am

Caxi wrote:
Amir wrote:
Caxi wrote:
...No other forum/site/blog etc. is putting those demands on people.

What demands Caxi ?

A registration form will kill the forum in time. That simple. At the Offside, we can't even get people to reveal their e-mail address for non-spam purposes to comment let alone a whole registration process. It's too much and I cannot see the benefits. You could just PM the regulars if you actually want to know more about us. An optional survey so to speak.

But who said anything about a registration form man ?
Did you hear from the team working on the new forum/site ?
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 12:49 pm

martinese wrote:
Ermetico wrote:
Ps ONE IMPORTANT change will be the registration form for ALL members.

What will it be ?

Amir wrote:
But who said anything about a registration form man ?
Did you hear from the team working on the new forum/site ?

Ermetico wrote:
Caxi...did i wrote anything about it? Did i mention any special form? Did i ask the forum members money or Id card?
How can you judge something without see?
But i see from your answer that you already choose another place.

The fact martinese is enquiring about the "registration form" immediately suggests some members may have a problem with the idea of an actual registration form.

Look guys. This is a topic for suggestions. I have suggested for the good of the forum that you avoid a registration form. Then I wake up to find myself accused of already deciding to move to another forum and being effectively told that I am some sort of unwanted idiot.

If that's how LL is going to deal with loyalty, then you guys haven't got a prayer of being successful. Sort it out.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Caxi.
The topic target is to get feedback to improve our new forum and website.
I , we , always appreciated members opinions and , as u wrote, --I have suggested for the good of the forum ---
but if you think that your words are constructive and without anger..please read again how and what you write.

I got nothing else to add in this argument because is totally off topic and i need to concetrate on the form registration box, the chat box, the boards,...and the Lazioland project that require more then setting a forum.

Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Ermetico wrote:
Caxi.
The topic target is to get feedback to improve our new forum and website.
I , we , always appreciated members opinions and , as u wrote, --I have suggested for the good of the forum ---
but if you think that your words are constructive and without anger..please read again how and what you write.

I got nothing else to add in this argument because is totally off topic and i need to concetrate on the form registration box, the chat box, the boards,...and the Lazioland project that require more then setting a forum.

It was with anger because I think it's detrimental to the good of the forum.

I've nothing to add. I've pointed out what I know will happen from experience. You have read but you didn't listen. This topic is, therefore, pointless.

You responded with false accusations Paolo, said I spoke in a certain way and then "put words into my mouth" by suggesting I have already decided to take action that I haven't even considered.

It is completely on topic Paolo. It is something I have expressed a rather impassioned dislike for. That is the purpose of this topic.

Amen.

[url]http://lazio.theoffside.com
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Registration Form idea is ridiculous if it is not removed within a week of Lazioland being set up. We will never acquire new members with that in place. No other forum/site/blog etc. is putting those demands on people. As much as I love Lazio, if I was introduced to LL to find a registration process, I would opt elsewhere

Caxi

-----------------------------------

Even if i don't know how it will be the new registration form I have some doubts because a plenty of demands could stop many ppl to register at the forum. Please avoid the online e mail add or other infos that could make problems to the members privacy. Also if possible try to keep it as simple as possible.

Paolo.

--------------------------------------

Two different versions. Two different styles. Caxi.

Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 3:14 pm

I think Caxi's comment has been 'lost in translation'. I think he stated that if he were a new member he may be put off by the registration and opt elsewhere, not that he will opt elsewhere now. It may put off new members from registering is all I think he meant.

I personally don't see registration to be a problem as I would rather have less members who post more than lots of members who don't post at all.

Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 383
Country and city : belgio ,malines
Laziale since : since i was 7
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Giolazio wrote:
I think Caxi's comment has been 'lost in translation'. I think he stated that if he were a new member he may be put off by the registration and opt elsewhere, not that he will opt elsewhere now. It may put off new members from registering is all I think he meant.

I personally don't see registration to be a problem as I would rather have less members who post more than lots of members who don't post at all.
I agree with Gio on this.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Caxi wrote:
My comment was most definitely lost in translation. What I tried to argue was that the forum will suffer if registration is forced and that optional surveys will be gladly filled out by most members anyway. The problem is, people are often so afraid of filling in the sightest detail online.

I think I upset Paolo with my anger and I apologise for that. I was genuinely shocked at what I was reading and when you are in the middle of moving house and trying to quickly put your thoughts out there, it is natural to get carried away.

In saying that, I wasn't happy with what I woke up to. Not in the slightest.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 5:31 pm

Back to the topic i collect some suggestions and some ideas.
At the moment we can just evalute all your opinions and try to satisfy the whole community step by step.

1think that we should have a section on the website where we can upload our travel stories. So people from the outside that aint members on the forum can see how big this really is for us.

2It would be good to have "travel info" topic or thread. Where all members that were/planing to go in Rome can suggest hostels, restorations, way of travel, pubs and bars, Lazio stores, how to get to Olimpico, metro and bus lines, how and where to find tickets, some interesting sights to visit, some warnings about behavior (especially for matches)....etc etc.

3 Right now, if you want up-to-date news on Lazio you pretty much need to read Italian. Many people can't so they miss out on a lot.

4Regarding the tech side of the matter, I sorely miss the function on clicking on the unread topic and it puts you straight to the first unread post, instead of scrolling back. It was there in the previous LaziofeverTHE HISTORY SECTION DESERVE HIS OWN SPACE.

5 would like to volunteer to translate (to the best of my capabilities) the important articles about transfers, games, fans and the societa. But I believe that everyone who follows the forum closely can get all this info by just reading the threads anyway, skipping through a lot of messing around and jokes, but still. I mean we discuss everything relevant here and we all speak english.

6 Introduction Section. Where new members could introduce themselves.
6Maybe a section for the primavera side? Its really hard to get english info on our youth stocks, so maybe a section dedicated to them.

7I would like to have a Lazio Download section or something, so we can upload and download Lazio games, like torrent for example. I remember our member Magnoem had

8. What I miss is a photogallery where all people can upload/ see pictures from all our derbymeetings

9 a non scrolling hot topics on the footer is better, IMHO.

Last edited by Ermetico on Sat May 29, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 5:40 pm

As we said before we have 2 main targets:

1) The forum with all ours chit chat around the world of Lazio as we did in this one . Simple, clear, minimal.

2) The site : A dedicated site with all MAYOR infos about la Lazio as many others but with something moved from the forum like: The pic gallery, the Lazio history, the Derby meeting , news. Yet another simple , clear minimal situation.

............regarding the site i ask to post your preferences as Hpage and for this task some links . samples, are appreciated-.----------------
----

Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 6:34 pm

It may be off-topic but bear in mind, Bobbi set up a topic for finding out about members and I think he got 7 responses; less than 1% of what is supposed to be our total membership. An optional survey/topic suffices for me. A registration form, no. There's a reason why our base is almost wholly 20-30 years.

Primavera section could be amazing with dedication and I will say that. I know a vast number of people who could make that something to be proud of.

I posted countless suggestions as a mod and none were taken into real consideration. I have no desire to outline them again as they should still be in the mods section when needed.

History section is being wasted but I'm not getting into that one again. Personal agendas have and will continue to destroy any chance of improvement there.

I believe I've prophesised many things about this forum and while it will inevitably change for the better, I can't help but feel that we will end up with a feeling that more could be done.

[url]http://lazio.theoffside.com
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Conn wrote:

ahahahahahahahahaha...guys...some of you are just too funny...
Back to top Go down
Nesta_Jr
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 209
Country and city : Sweden, Stockholm
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 7:52 pm

Hahahhahahha i second that Cash! hahaha
Back to top Go down
drake1900
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 8:41 pm

poalo this is a site i sometimes visit, this site is very clear and easily use

http://www.psg.fr/en/Accueil/0/Home
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Thats nice site Darke. I may have said this before but out of all Lazio sites (web-sites not forums) I liked ssLazio.es. The site has everything but above all it has very unique design and its full of informations. Take a look. Wink
Back to top Go down
drake1900
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Jofo wrote:
Thats nice site Darke. I may have said this before but out of all Lazio sites (web-sites not forums) I liked ssLazio.es. The site has everything but above all it has very unique design and its full of informations. Take a look. Wink
youre right this is a really good site!!i like it a lot really clear!!
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 10:19 pm

That is a wonderful site Jofo, something like that should be our aim and ofcourse to surpass it drunken

Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sat May 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Guys, if you only knew how much time and effort it takes to make a very simple site, let alone that one.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sun May 30, 2010 12:11 am

Amir wrote:
Guys, if you only knew how much time and effort it takes to make a very simple site, let alone that one.

For those who don't know...Amir has been working is ass off for the new site and deserves alot of praise, espescially for explaining to me how to do simple tasks... Suspect

LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sun May 30, 2010 12:55 am

Giolazio wrote:
espescially for explaining to me how to do simple tasks... Suspect

This is no surprise Twisted Evil

for me personally, the site is secondary, I just want to see the forum up and running!! And fore the love of everything holy, give us a chatbox!! sunny

Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sun May 30, 2010 1:06 am

Sile wrote:
Giolazio wrote:
espescially for explaining to me how to do simple tasks... Suspect

This is no surprise Twisted Evil

for me personally, the site is secondary, I just want to see the forum up and running!! And fore the love of everything holy, give us a chatbox!! sunny

Sile, the chatbox is there and working so you can sleep tonight. Twisted Evil

Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sun May 30, 2010 2:01 am

Sile wrote:

Agree. The forum for me is also the most important. As long as that is up and running I am happy. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sun May 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Caxi wrote:
It may be off-topic but bear in mind, Bobbi set up a topic for finding out about members and I think he got 7 responses; less than 1% of what is supposed to be our total membership. An optional survey/topic suffices for me. A registration form, no. There's a reason why our base is almost wholly 20-30 years.

Primavera section could be amazing with dedication and I will say that. I know a vast number of people who could make that something to be proud of.

I posted countless suggestions as a mod and none were taken into real consideration. I have no desire to outline them again as they should still be in the mods section when needed.

History section is being wasted but I'm not getting into that one again. Personal agendas have and will continue to destroy any chance of improvement there.

I believe I've prophesised many things about this forum and while it will inevitably change for the better, I can't help but feel that we will end up with a feeling that more could be done.

About Primavera: Is anyone looking for that section with skill and time?

About History: Being wasted? Why and how- Give us a line to follow. 3rd Personal agendas?explain it please

About final sentence: more could be done-----Please give me more headlines.

Ermetico
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Sun May 30, 2010 1:55 pm

drake1900 wrote:
Jofo wrote:
youre right this is a really good site!!i like it a lot really clear!!

100%

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.   Today at 3:16 am

Back to top Go down

LAZIOLAND: GENERAL TOPIC.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next