AuthorMessage
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:14 am

I thought the Bonetto dude rescinded ? and Pintos signed? I don't think so..last I read he went home.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:24 pm

If/When Hernanes comes, Pintos will be forced to leave..either permanently or on a loan deal and then be registered next year, right?
In any case, he is with the team in Friulli...

The Hernanes to Lazio deal is to be finalised today. Now all we can do is hope he is what people say he is...I really hope Lotito&co have found a quality player.
Back to top Go down
Super Ram
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 214
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : 1900
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:34 pm

Roman_Eagle wrote:
Ireland will be ok with me...more I'll be happy to get him. One of the ppl that pulled city a season ago.

@Super Ram: this is old news mate :) a week ago or something :)
ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rizmo
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 186
Country and city : Oslo, Norway
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Hugo Almeida says that no one has contacted him yet but he knows about Lazios interest and would come to Rome immideatly if Lazio called! Only thing is Werder seems to want 6.5 instead of the 4.5 Lotito is willing to pay. Negotiate for 6 mil and its still a steal!

Zarate-Almeida-Floccari
Garrido-Ledesma-Hernandes-Lichtsteiner
Radu-Stendardo-Dias
Muslera

equals: Champions League here we come!
Back to top Go down
Mihajlovic010
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 46
Country and city : Serbia, Pirot
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:03 pm

Rizmo wrote:
Hugo Almeida says that no one has contacted him yet but he knows about Lazios interest and would come to Rome immideatly if Lazio called! Only thing is Werder seems to want 6.5 instead of the 4.5 Lotito is willing to pay. Negotiate for 6 mil and its still a steal!

Zarate-Almeida-Floccari
Garrido-Ledesma-Hernandes-Lichtsteiner
Radu-Stendardo-Dias
Muslera

equals: Champions League here we come!

Looks like Almeida's contract with Werder will expire in 1 year so 6.5m is too much I guess, especially for Lotito. If we can't get him now for 4-4.5m maybe we can get him even cheaper this winter, and till then, we have many great attackers. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:31 pm

I dont understand Aklmeida´s greatness. I have never seen him play a good game to be honest....
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Cash wrote:
I dont understand Aklmeida´s greatness. I have never seen him play a good game to be honest....

Me either. Portugal have always struggled with forwards. They've never really made an impression outside their own country. Nuno Gomes is arguably an exception.

Almeida's strike rate is poor considering he plays for one of the most attack-minded sides in Europe. I wouldn't mind snapping him up on a pre-contract in January but I would be looking elsewhere for someone like him.

[url]http://lazio.theoffside.com
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Seems like the Hernanes saga will drag at least a few more days.

I have never been convinced by Almeida either. Personally I think we have enough forwards.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Thought you may want to read this...very good article IMO from our member Caxi, extremely insightful:

Market Research: A Lotito Mercato

If I was to run a poll today asking you what irritates you most as a laziale, I am sure many of you would plump for the “the ridiculous transfer rumours” option. Frankly, it plagues many of our summers. It is most definitely exciting and the masochists among us follow it like gospel for months on end. However, it saddens me to see people fall for the highly unlikely when it is blatantly obvious what is really going on. I am not claiming to be a know-it-all but Lotito is a man with a very distinctive and definitive approach to signing players and in some cases, you can even second guess his next move. Read on and you will soon understand why.

THE DELIO ROSSI EXPERIENCE
You may remember that Delio Rossi had to serve a touchline ban shortly before he left our club for his involvement in a match ‘influencing’ scandal. Well, certain conversations between the president and the coach were used as evidence in that case and some of those were subsequently leaked to the general public. Those phonecalls date back to the spring of ‘06 and they contain detailed discussions of our summer market strategy. It is at this point that you need to be filled in on the scenario. Paolo Di Canio had become the darling of the Curva Nord and Claudio’s popularity plan was beginning to spectacularly backfire. As he alluded to in one of the discussions with Rossi, Di Canio had lost the dressing room or rather, the dressing room had lost Di Canio. Tensions were high and Lotito felt there was only one course of action; Di Canio had to be removed, but in such a way that the Curva would refrain from kicking up a fuss. The strategy? Force him out of his own freewill and sign a star player. Thus, he asked Delio to give his professional opinion on who could adequately replace, arguably, this club’s greatest idol.

His suggestion? Stephen Ayodele Makinwa.

As you would expect, it wasn’t long before Delio lost the trust of Claudio. To prove the point, in those leaked conversations, Lotito stated that he was looking at a Brazilian midfielder who had taken his fancy in Ukraine. Yep, you guessed correctly; Matuzalem. That was 2006. By 2008, the president was acting of his own accord and found himself a new consultant in Igli Tare (who Rossi asked to be transferred because he wanted Makinwa, who he believed was better in the air than the robust Albanian). It is no coincidence that in the summer of ‘08, Claudio nabbed his man and many others, claiming that each and every one of them was his player (and ironically, that is probably our best mercato under Lotito to date). He was like a boy with a new toy as soon as Zarate found his shooting boots and he also displayed a soft spot for Pasquale Foggia. Our Pasqualino; the same versatile winger that Rossi requested to join our club and then supposedly sought to get rid of because of his disruptive presence in the squad. Which brings me on to my next point…

“LOTITO” AND “RUTHLESSNESS” ARE JUXTAPOSED
Personally, I have no doubt that Claudio brought back Foggia to cheese off Delio. Thankfully, that worked out for us but the mind games haven’t ended there. The latest case is to do with Ledesma and Hernanes. Now, let me deal with Cristian first. In the Argentine (who is soon to become Italian if Prandelli has his way), we have an individual who was frozen out of the squad for half of a season due to his misdemeanours. His behaviour caught up with him as the court ruled that he was rightly left out by the president. For some bizarre reason, many fans credit Reja for reintegrating the regista into our squad. Actually, the matter was resolved as soon as Claudio gained his moral victory. If you dispute that, then take a look at Stendardo’s situation. Guglielmo was omitted from the Lazio squad for taking Lotito to court and winning a substantial six-figure sum in compensation. How did he get back into the fold? He paid the money back and Claudio welcomed him with open arms. As you do.

Hence, one cannot fail to be suspicious of Cristian’s intentions. Unlike Stenny, he didn’t drop his case; Lotito had to beat him. Regardless, he did something this time last summer that was adjudged to have been wrong. A handful of Romans that I have been talking to are convinced that he is stalling on a new contract because he wants to leave for free next season but hopes to ensure he features for us this season. A likely hypothesis. At present, the difference in an agreement is said to be 300,000 euros per season. Not much by modern standards I’m sure you would agree. However, what is significant is the precise figures offered and requested. Ledesma has been offered 1.5 million but has asked for 1.8 million. To put it into perspective, 1.5 million is the salary Pandev supposedly turned down last season and the initial salary Hernanes will receive if he signs for us. The Brazilian’s contract will eventually rise to the sum of 1.8 million per year.

Have the alarm bells started ringing? Ledesma can refuse 1.5 million and not be cast adrift from the main bunch because Pandev did exactly that last season and was found in the courts to have been correct in doing so. Thus, Lotito cannot freeze Ledesma out. But what he can do is severely piss him off by offering Hernanes the precise contract that would see a compromise between Claudio and Cristian. Clever, eh? The reason why an eventual departure appeals to Cristian is because he will more than likely receive a massive signing-on fee with any club that chooses to pursue him next summer. He stands to make millions by seeing out a maximum of two seasons at Lazio (depending on any use of Article 17).

In the infamous phonecalls of ‘06 that I continually refer to in this post, Claudio stated that this club was in a financial position to turn down offers for star players. In other words, he hinted back then that a situation like Pandev could arise and that if it did, it would be deemed acceptable. Nevertheless, he has just shown with Kolarov that he can also negotiate a killer price. It is infuriating that he has this approach but he is a businessman and when it comes to money, you would expect him to do right by us. Not many talk about the profitability we have discovered under the current regime and it can all be attributed to the president’s wherewithal and knowhow in establishing co-operations. And that leads me onto my final point.

BUSINESSMEN HAVE CONTACTS AND ASSOCIATES IN ORDER TO CUT OUT THE MIDDLEMAN
Before we enter any transfer window period, you must understand that the number of players we can realistically sign is woefully limited. The reason is simple; Claudio speaks only with club presidents to try and establish a relationship and drive a hard bargain. Igli’s role is to track down the agents, act like he knows something about football and suss out the availability of a player. They combine their talents in a bid to secure a couple of individuals from the scant list of targets.

To illustrate the point, let’s take a look at who we have signed this mercato. Mark Bresciano came on a free so that is a unique case. Pablo Pintos arrived from San Lorenzo, an Argentine club and by his own admission, Claudio likes to scout the South American leagues as he knows those guys have a history of adapting easily to Serie A. However, the signing of Pintos is significant because it was made easy via the agent; ex-Juve and, erm, Rioma striker, Daniel Fonseca, who is coincidentally the agent of Fernando Muslera, Gonzalo Barreto and Alvaro Gonzalez. All of a sudden, you can see how one key friend can make a Lazio mercato.

When the Pintos deal was concluded, FIFA agent, Eugenio Ascari was one of the first “experts” to shed some light on the ability of the right wing-back. The guy demonstrated some serious knowledge of the whole transfer saga and it looked for all the world that someone at the club had been whispering in his ear. Would you die of shock if I told you this Eugenio Ascari is the agent of Empoli forward Eder and Reggina midfielder Carlos Carmona? Of course not.

As for Hernanes, his agent is a chap called Agustino Penha. I have no idea who he is either and from what I can gather, only Palermo have had any real dealings with him (Interestingly, Palermo have a confirmed interest in Hernanes). Therefore, it is not the agent that is securing this deal. In this case, Lotito is targeting the Sao Paolo hierarchy, believing that negotiations are possible because we secured Dias from them with ease in January. Claudio smells the cheap chips again.

It is also the logic behind the acquisition of Garrido from Manchester City. Rather hilariously, Claudio has claimed Javier was always his first choice. He was first choice by default since the Citizens were always willing to negotiate in order to secure Kolarov. Claudio did them a massive favour by taking Garrido off their hands. Considering City need to trim their squad to comply with new EPL rules, they were glad to see that deal go through. Only time will tell if we pulled off a masterstroke in the process.

This is not the first time Claudio has dealt with the English celesti. He first negotiated with them to snatch Rolando Bianchi, a long-term target of ours on loan. He then re-entered business with them the following summer when he was looking to bring back the old guard. After having the living daylights knocked out of him by Joey Barton in training, Ousmane Dabo was rather keen on a Roman return and Lotito knew he could make it happen and he duly delivered. So, it comes as no surprise to see Stephen Ireland linked with us this evening. An out-of-favour creative midfielder, who has Italian blood, who hates the English and Irish media and who is affordable because his club need to reduce their squad size immediately is someone who should naturally appeal to Lotito. I am not for a second suggesting it could become reality; but it could.

Lazio mercati; follow the trail and you will find the fountain of knowledge. Forza Lazio!

http://lazio.theoffside.com/team-news/market-research-a-lotito-mercato.html

Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Of course it can be one way of seeing things. But is it the right one???

I, personally don't think so. We will never know what is really going on behind closed doors, but for the mistakes made in the past i'm not ready to assign any kind of wisdom for the actions he's done.
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Hernanes deal official at last - http://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/?action=read&idnotizia=13686 ?
Back to top Go down
Bizzy Bone
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 21
Country and city : Stockholm Sweden
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Hernanes!!!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:36 pm

Jofo wrote:
Of course it can be one way of seeing things. But is it the right one???

I, personally don't think so. We will never know what is really going on behind closed doors, but for the mistakes made in the past i'm not ready to assign any kind of wisdom for the actions he's done.

The main point of the above article was to illustrate how we limit ourselves in the transfer market.

Admittedly, there is a lot of 2+2=? to it but I would like to think for the vast majority of it, people will come up with 4. When somebody like Ascari is commenting on our transfer activity and we are linked heavily to his two main clients (Eder, Carmona) then one can draw two conclusions; we are in cahoots with the guy or journalists are taking their stories in that direction.

But in the case of Daniel Fonseca, it is clear cut. To sign 4 of his clients, 3 of whom came here in the last 6 months, we have to be on good terms with him.

With that in mind, I am going to say we will be linked with Martin Caceres by the end of the transfer window. Hold me to it. I am that convinced by my own argument.

Very Happy

Bizzy Bone wrote:
Hernanes!!!

Says it all really haha.

Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Matrim wrote:
Hernanes deal official at last - http://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/?action=read&idnotizia=13686 ?

This is me atm

Back to top Go down
Biancocelesti
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 341
Country and city : Sweden, Uppsala
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Suddenly, I feel that we have a good season ahead of us :)

WELCOME!
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:55 pm

cheers

Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 107
Country and city : Lithuania
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Matrim wrote:

cheers cheers cheers

what a relief! drunken
Back to top Go down
ilsemprelaziale
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 126
Country and city : Denmark
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Wow, looks like the biggest transfer Lotito has pulled off so far. I am praying for Hernanes and him becoming a success!
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:28 pm

chill fellas...until I see him in our shirt in an official game I don't believe it!
Back to top Go down
Max_Cady
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 41
Country and city : Egitto
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:57 pm

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/calcio_mercato/2010/08/06-123535/Ora+%C3%A8+ufficiale:+Hernanes+%C3%A8+un+giocatore+della+Lazio

finalmente :)
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 624
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:03 am

Sile wrote:
Matrim wrote:

This is me atm

And this.... me.

Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:33 am

Another source..... http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/lazio/?action=read&idtmw=222752

cheers

@ Caxi..... really good post/article mate, good info and some very good points. Really enjoyed reading it!
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:59 am

As for Hugo Almeida. I'd be more than happy to see Lotito sign him up. I've liked this guy for many years now and the games I've seen him play in I've personally been impressed, even for Portugal he looks good. Big, strong target man. His goal scoring record is not brilliant I agree, but very decent and respectable. I read a rumour recently that Mourinho is interested in bringing him to Madrid (surely as a substitute though) and reuniting with him. For me this says a lot about Hugo's ability and to be admired by a top coach like Jose further increases his credentials IMO.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:06 am

Kris wrote:
Sile wrote:
Matrim wrote:

This is me atm

And this.... me.

And no matter who we sign, this will be me when we play Samp on day one...

Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:11 am

How about this for a source ??

Soa Paulo official website saying the good news(i hope as i dont speak Portuguese Very Happy)

http://www.saopaulofc.net/v4/noticias2NOVO2.asp?PLC_map_001_c=02.01&PLC_cng_ukey=40396145944CQVQWYG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3   Today at 2:56 am

Back to top Go down

Transfers and rumours 08 09 section 3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next