usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:33 pm

Very curious disclosures in that phone call about the atmosphere inside. Do you people think , now situation is different ? Based on last results and permanent clashes between players , Rossi , Lotito , I think its not. There are also "traitors" like Behrami , leeches like Baronio and so on.. Thank God that we have personalities like Pandev , Rochi , Ledesma who save us.
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:06 pm

Yeah and i believe every word from that so called telephone call..
Back to top Go down
Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Ahhh!!
Back to top Go down
tjamenovic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 230
Country and city : Bandung
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:18 pm

Pandev, you could have a better father... believe me!
Back to top Go down
Uragano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 421
Country and city : US, Washington DC
Laziale since : 1985

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:29 pm

"Recoba."

"Who?"

"Recoba."

HAHAHA WTF.

Well, very interesting indeed. Thanks for the link, Amir. Well, I guess Lotito some what listened to the team...we got rid of Di Canio...although, not sure where the money went and where our BIG NAME player went. Still waiting...
Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:39 pm

very funny .... Suspect
Back to top Go down
conceicao14
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 209
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 1992

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:37 pm

i would rather have recoba than makinwa,

Its a funny double act. I have no faith in Lotito. He buys trap.

some one cut and past all here please if u ask permission from the other forum, thanks

Last edited by conceicao14 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : trap = crap)
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:03 am

I don't trust lotito, I don't believe in his words, I don't buy his cheap tricks...
Back to top Go down
conceicao14
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 209
Laziale since : 1992

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:26 am

Conn wrote:
I don't trust lotito, I don't believe in his words, I don't buy his cheap tricks...

Yes!

I dont know what Lotito problem is, he is so defensive all the time., He thinks everyone is out to get him. Something is really odd. He was lucky to purchase lazio shares for i dont know, less than 14mill euros and has taken over the club. This guy is a buffoon and is giving our club a bad image.

Merda Roma are in debt, but they are still carrying on. Lotito wiped out everything, but one thing is for sure, our hearts and souls will always be there for lazio. once a Laziale, always a Laziale.

We need to make a world wide vote, lets start one on this forum so all fans around the world who support Lazio can voice their discomfort or happiness with Lotito

I give Lotito a big NO vote.

Last edited by conceicao14 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention Lotito!)
Back to top Go down
Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 213

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:29 am

Major thanks to Aquila, from Xtratime.org

Episode 1:

Lotito: “I will tell you the truth, I would like to get rid of Di Canio and replace him with an important player, so that people could not start protesting, because by now the atmosphere in the dressing room needs to be changed. I will tell you who came to talk to me about that" ”.

Rossi: “Get Di Vaio, he's an important player and he's a Laziale”.

Lotito: “Have a laugh at what I will tell you now. Peruzzi came and told me that he doesn't want Di Canio in the team any more, Oddo too doesn't want him, Zauri too, and also Inzaghi. Evryone says me to get rid of him. No one can't stand him any more. Mudingayi himself has got problems. Di Canio affects the Curva, he tells outside whatever happens in the dressing room and he isn’t a player like Zola who is content to play 10 minutes evry match, he wants to play the whole game".

Rossi: “But President, we have to put him in the conditions that going away has to be his decision, otherwise we will be in troubles”.

Lotito: "And what kind of troubles you mean? I get all the responsability, I am already in total clash with the Curva".

Rossi: "I know, but if you get rid of Di Canio and replace him with an unkown player, you are going to get troubles".

Lotito: "That's right. You know who I would like to get? Recoba".

Rossi: "Who?"

Lotito: "Recoba".

Episode 2:

Lotito: "Recoba. You told me that you don't want him, I wanted to get him, and then I would have liked to see what Curva had to say".

Rossi: "In my opinion Recoba is a fool. Good player, but a fool".

Lotito: "Recoba's agent called me.".

Rossi: "Paco Casal"?

Lotito: "No, a very good friend of Recoba".

Rossi: "And?".

Lotito: "I told him that Recoba's wages are a lot of money, and his friend said that Recoba is ready to lower his wages because he wants to leave Inter to bounce back because at Inter he's under used and despite it he has scored 15 goals. he has good relationships with Moratti, but not with Mancini.
Then I said that Recoba lives at Lake Como, he's full of vices, but his friend said that's not true, he has a child and is the opposite of what I said. And Recoba said he would have been happy to come to Lazio because Lazio is an important club. That's what people don't understand, including that Oddo idiot. Lazio has been in big difficulties but now we are back on the right track, a sound club who pays wages regularly, with good values and fairness. And this also because I'm in war against ultras, no one has ever had the courage to do it, see Sensi who defended the ultras at "La Domenica Sportiva" because he paid them to be quiet, evryone knows that. I am in total collision with ultras and at this point I don't care what they may do if I sell Di Canio, because it can't be worse than this.
You know that I have bought 18 players, I have tried to fullfil all the requests from the technical staff, evrybody would like to buy Adriano, but to tell you the truth, I would never buy Adriano, because in the dressing room there must be men with good temper. I have learnt that at my expenses, look at all the damages people such as Cesar, Giannichedda and Liverani have done.

Rossi: "And Recoba is one of them".

Lotito: "Right, that's what I am saying. But first I want to talk to Recoba"

Rossi: "You may talk to him, but I think he's a fool"

Lotito: "But I said Recoba just to say a name, it might happen that Recoba does not come, but no one will have to say "You get rid of Di Canio to get an unknown player". For example, Obinna is a good player, no? You know him better than me, no?"

Rossi: "Obinna?".

Lotito: "Is he young?"

Rossi: "He's young, but if I had to replace a creative player, I can't do it with Obinna"

Lotito: "Noooooo, it was just to talk".

Rossi: "You have to get, say, Makinwa".

Episode 3:

Lotito: "Makinwa, right".

Rossi: "Or Di Vaio, these are the right players".

Lotito: "I will tell you. I think Di Vaio is another sick player, we have to get players out of the Roman mechanism, otherwise they will get into that black hole, we have to get people that behave in a different way. You got it right when you said Makinwa, together with Behrami I was dealing to get them in exchange for Liverani.
And to think that in order to keep Liverani, I have refused Preziosi’s offer, 50% of Makinwa and 50% of Behrami. See how stupid I am. But then, they all are traitors, mercenaries, instead we have to get people who fight. Pandev’s agent told me “Look, Claudio, Goran likes you very much, you are almost like a second father for him, he always says good things about you. And also Mudingayi has a very positive opinion about you”. So, those are the people I want. But indeed, when I go to Formello to talk to the players before a game, for example I talk to Liverani, but Liverani doesn’t care anything, because these people only think about money and they also ruin the other people. Liverani is ruining Oddo, he has told him “Come to Fiorentina with me”. I know that.”

Rossi: "Sell him to Fiorentina".

Lotito: "Eh"?

Rossi: "Sell him to Fiorentina. What about money? "

Lotito: "I will ask them 10 million euro, so we will be able to do another transfers campaign".

Rossi: "You have to ask what you think it’s the right price. But you haven’t to tell him that he must stay put”

Lotito: "No".

Rossi: "It has to be him who has to say “I am happy to stay at Lazio”, that is different”.

Lotito: "But it’s not that I want to sell players in order to get money. See, Delio, I have not sold anyone. For example, we have two promising youngsters, Quadri and Siguera, you can work on them and in a couple of years they will be good stuff".

Rossi: "I know, but it’s only that we have to wait for them, we can’t think that they can replace the leaving ones.”

Lotito: "Right. If Dabo goes away, we get Guana, for example. If we lose Liverani, there’s Ledesma. What about Matuzalem?".

Rossi: "Who?”.

Lotito: "Matuzalem. Last year they paid 18 million euro for him! So, he is well worth something. I am telling this because now I am trying to get rid of Sereni and Baronio, that’s the first thing to do because I know you do not want them and you are right. ".

Rossi: "No, no, I don’t want even to see them at the pre-season training camp. I don’t want them, they have not even to come back”.

Lotito: "Eh, Delio, I will do evrything possible to avoid them coming to the camp, have no doubt about that, now I have to find a solution, I am working to send Baronio to Torino after he refused to go to Ascoli. As for Sereni, maybe Parma or Fiorentina, let’s see. But again, Delio, I have not the attitude to sell players to get money, I already know that this team need at least 4 important players. A very strong central defender.".

Rossi: "Very strong”.

Episode 4:

Rossi: "Another player we will not get anything out of him is Inzaghi, Inzaghi has already retired, President".

Lotito: "Already retired?"

Rossi: "Aye, we will not get anything out of Inzaghi, do you still think we can count on him?"

Lotito: "I said Inzaghi just for example".

Rossi: "No, you have said Inzaghi has come to talk to me and criticize Paolo, but Inzaghi is not a football player any more".

Lotito: "I know, I know".

Rossi: "Inzaghi can do cabaret, football is another thing".

Lotito: "So, we have to sell him"?

Rossi: "Aye, absolutely. You will not get anything out of Inzaghi, Inzaghi has a 4 year annuity , eh, I tell you".

Lotito: "No, no, I will send him away. But why at the beginning you told me that he was committing himself, is he changed now?"

Rossi: "At the beginning he was committing himself, but then he backed out".

Lotito: "Right".

Rossi: "He is always injured, he has been the only player injured for two months now, he feels pain at adductors, he doesn’t train any more".

Lotito: "At adductors?"

Rossi: "Eh, President, it’s self evident that he has no motivations any more, he does not care anything".

Lotito: "Aye, that’s the way it is and we have to get rid of him".

Rossi: "And we have to find a way to send Tare away, President".

Lotito: "Tare?"

Rossi: "Aye".

Lotito: "Lot of clubs want Tare".

Rossi: "And we have to replace him with another player. He’s a very good guy, but he is not a player for Lazio".

Lotito: "All right".

Rossi: "He is not a player for Lazio, he’s good, but not a player for Lazio, we need a different kind of player, younger. Walter agrees with me".

Lotito: "8 clubs asked me for Tare, I swear."

Rossi: "And we sell him".

Lotito: "Not now, in January 8 teams asked for him".

Rossi: "Aye, Tare has good market, but we have to replace him".

Lotito: "We need a towering player, eh? Is there anyone?"

Rossi: "Eh, I like very much Amauri of Chievo, I like
Bogdani, and then Makinwa, Makinwa is a tower".

Lotito: "Aye, but Makinwa is not a tower".

Rossi: "No, Makinwa is better in the air than Tare, I have coached Makinwa, I have coached Tare, Makinwa with his head is stronger than Tare".

Lotito: "Eh I know Makinwa jumps better".

Rossi: "No, but Makinwa is 1,85 high, Tare maybe 1,90".

Lotito: "What about Caracciolo?"

Rossi: "Caracciolo is not a bad player, but it would be hard for Caracciolo to play with Rocchi".

Lotito: "Of course. And Makinwa will be "seconda punta" with Rocchi?"

Rossi: "Makinwa can play with Rocchi".

Lotito: "You would rather get Makinwa instead of Recoba?"

Rossi: "Aye, Makinwa is fitter... Recoba is a very good player, but I think he's a fool as a person. He would create a lot of problems in the dressing room, he would be someone to send away, like Liverani. Thats' what they told me".

Lotito: "But why you say he would create a lot of problems in the dressing room?"

Rossi: "It's self evident, he's an anarchist, he doesn't care anything, you can see it by the way he plays, that's irritating, can't you see how he plays? He only played well against us because we let him play well. He can score goals from free kicks, or some dead ball situations, but if you think he is a team player, then you are wrong. He's a prima donna playing for himself only".

Episode 5:

Lotito: “You fielded Mauri and he's doing well, say what you want but Mauri is doing well, he's doing better and better. Mauri is a sissy, he is not a hard man like Bonanni. But if Palermo gave Bonnani away, there has to be a reason".

Rossi: “I have watched the games played by Bonanni, I think he's a player with a big potential but I don't know if he's a player like Behrami, a player you can work on. If Bonanni was already ours, I would say let's keep him, but since we have only a buy option, let's wait another month and then we will take our decision. At the moment I think Gobbi is a better option”.

Lotito: “How old is Gobbi?"

Rossi: “He's not so old, he's 25 or 26”.

Lotito: “Do you think Gobbi is better?”

Rossi: “He's more consistent. He scores more goals, he is more useful for the team, but he's a different kind of player, he's a runner à la Behrami, but he plays on the other wing".

Lotito: “That's not bad, Gobbi and Berhami, Gobbi on the left and Behrami on the right”.

Rossi: “Aye, but he's not a player who can get past the opponent, he's not like Pandev or Foggia".

Lotito: “Right. But Behrami gets past the opponent”.

Rossi: “Aye, but Behrami does that if he's fully fit. He doesn't do it through skill, but through strength”.

Lotito: “Ah, of course”.

Rossi: “He's rather physical than skilled, he's not a Pandev, that kind of player. Milan have a few players that may be interesting for us, amongst them there's a certain Foggia, who comes back to Milan from Ascoli, he's a good player”.

Lotito: “Uhm”.

Rossi: “Milan have also another midfielder. Sammarco, who can be in the 4 man midfield. He is a Guana-like player, a good boy”.

Lotito: “Sammarco?”

Rossi: “Sammarco plays for Chievo, good player, midfielder, he is a player like Dabo, who can contrast the opponent and has good feet. He's very young and he too is coming back to Milan. They have other four or five players that can be interesting for us and Milan are not interested in".

Lotito: “Understood, Foggia and Sammarco”.

Rossi: “And they have also Marzorati, a Primavera boy, an interesting right back”.

Lotito: “But then Milan will ask for Oddo”.

Rossi: “Eh?”

Lotito: “They will ask for Oddo”.

Rossi: “You know what I think about Oddo. If he wants to stay, fine. But if you have to force him to remain, then I think Oddo will create problems, he will not be the player he has been this season. He has to believe in the potential of this team. If you have to persuade him to stay, then we will do a hole in the water, with Oddo”.

Again, big thanks to Aquila from Xtratime for taking the time to translate these episodes and letting me share them with you.

Some really interesting stuff here, I dont know if we can turn on Lotito so easily here. After all this is a conversation he is having with Rossi in private, one would assume atleast. I was most surprised at the likes of Peruzzi not wanting Di Canio in the side any more. Rossi is classy guy though, LOL at what he said about Inzaghi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 101
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:42 am

Funny to read I guess..!
Back to top Go down
Amir
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:52 am

Very very interesting, even though I hate Delio Rossi for making too much pressure on Lotito to sign Makinwa.
Back to top Go down
David
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:43 pm

Very interesting.

All the talk about offloading players, Tare, Inzaghi, Baronio... back in April 06. Its' now June '08 and they're still here. What happened?

I quite worrying to hear that Rossi really rates Makinwa.
Back to top Go down
Uragano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 421
Country and city : US, Washington DC
Laziale since : 1985

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:02 pm

Exactly, David. EXACTLY!

WHY are these players that Lotito and Rossi discussed BACK in 2006 still here?

Not sure about this conversation, but if it's true...it's clear they did not act on ANY of it except Di Canio and
Inzaghi.
Back to top Go down
Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:37 pm

I don't think it's that they have not tried, just it would be very tough to persuade any club to purchase them. Their salarys are not too small either, and i don't think any club would be willing to pay for these players and then match the wages we offered them.

Anyway

Episode 6:

Lotito: “In any case, we have a problem with the right winger, we have Behrami, but should we keep Manfredini there?”

Rossi: “No,no, no, Manfredini can't play on the right”.

Lotito: “So?”.

Rossi: “We need another player on the right, let's get Foggia”.

Lotito: “(Laugh) Foggia?”

Rossi: “The one of Ascoli, eh, eh, you have to get someone different from Behrami, someone who can get past the opponent".

Lotito: “Well, Foggia is a good player”.

Rossi: “But as a player he isn't mature yet, he's a boy, he's not ready for a big team yet. Foggia is not strong physycally, this season is doing pretty well, but he is not a mature player. If you can get Semioli, all the better".

Lotito: “I know. But Semioli is 29. Semioli would like to come at us, you know? But Palermo too want him. Does Semioli play on the right? "

Rossi: “Aye, he plays on the right. Semioli is a very good player”.

Lotito: “I know. But that will bring problems for Behrami”.

Rossi: “I know, but if you get Foggia there will not be any problem, because one can play a few games and the other another few games. Foggia can play on the left too. But there are many players who can play on the right, we have just to find them"

Lotito: “Matuzalem is not good enough, eh?”?

Rossi: “No, I don't know him well, but I think he's rather a midfielder than a playmaker, that's my opinion".

Lotito: “We have to get a playmaker who can contrast the opponents as well, because otherwise the team will get some problems."

Rossi: “Ledesma can contrast the opponent, he has not the genial passing of Liverani but he's a playmaker who can contrast the opponent."

Lotito: “Obvious”.

Rossi: “Ledesma is a playmaker”.

Lotito: “And Liverani is a disaster, eh”.

Rossi: “Ledesma plays à la Emerson, President, that kind of player”.

Lotito: “You know Liverani well, Liverani can make you score out of three passes, but he can also lose three balls and that's a goal against.. That's Liverani."

Rossi: “I know, President, but Liverani this season is doing very well.”

Lotito: “Aye, but only this season, and thanks to you, to be clear . You have made him play better."

Rossi: “No, most probably I have made the others running for him."

Lotito: “You have made him become the reference point for the team”.

Rossi: “The others know what are his faults and they make up for them."

Lotito: “Now you have realized that at a certain point you have to substitute him with Mudingayi because the team need to get back, because when LIverani loses balls, that's a very dangerous thing for us."

Rossi: “I know. But if we play with Dabo and Mudingayi, the ball will never manage to go forward."

Lotito: “Ahhhha, no, I said differently. We take the lead and then you take Liverani out."

Rossi: “I have to take the lead, first”.

Lotito: “Of course. I said we have to take the lead first. And then, half way through the second half, he is on his knees."
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Quote :
Rossi: “No, most probably I have made the others running for him."

Quote :
Rossi: “I know. But if we play with Dabo and Mudingayi, the ball will never manage to go forward."

Lotito: “Ahhhha, no, I said differently. We take the lead and then you take Liverani out."

Rossi: “I have to take the lead, first”.

Lotito: “Of course. I said we have to take the lead first. And then, half way through the second half, he is on his knees."

Allready classic! tongue bounce
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Quite alot of sense to be honest!
Back to top Go down
Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm

Episode 7:

Lotito: “With the team we are building, next year we will be amongst the top 4, for sure, because with the players we will get, Gobbi, Guana, Ledesma, a good forward, a strong central defender... I said that it would have taken three years to recover this club, to do such a miracle, with a 1.070 billion lire [almost 550 million euro] debt. Delio, 1.070 million lire is a lot of money."

Rossi: “I know. But now they will let you make the stadium”.

Lotito: “No”.

Rossi: “Will Veltroni not let you make the stadium”?

Lotito: “No, they will do evrything to avoid letting me do the stadium, because if we make it, this club will become the strongest in Italy. I have a plan about the stadium, now evryone talks about stadium plan, but I did it one and a half year ago. If I make the stadium like in my plan, we will have a property of 500 million euro, with incomes around 150 million euro, do you know what I mean? So they don't want me to make the stadium because they have understood what that means. Because nowadays the costs of a football club are growing higher and higher. Roma spend 68 million euro for wages, Inter 146 millions."

Rossi: “Per season”.

Lotito: “For wages, understood?”

Rossi: “That's a lot of money”.

Lotito: “Out of market. So we can't compete, understood what's the problem?
I want to work on young players, because young players have to get a rotation, because after three years players get used to the background and stop giving their best, they lose motivations. There are few players who manage to be consistent, to have a psichological maturity.
Then, apart from Milan, Inter and Juve, there's another club who is really spending. Fiorentina has started splashing out money for wages. At the beginning Frey had to earn 2 million euro and now they offered him 5,6 millions. We will see what they will do at Fiorentina, because it's not peanuts, then you have to really pay that money. But so far they have three Milan players on loan, Brocchi belongs to Milan. And then they have also Fiore and Frey on loan."

Rossi: “President, but they have got good players, Bojinov, Montolivo, Jimenez who is young and very good”.

Lotito: “Oh, but you told me that Jimenez was not a good buy, eh”?

Rossi: “How on earth do you buy half of Jimenez for 5 million euro?"

Lotito: “No, no, but, no, no, no, this wasn't a problem, you told me that it wouldn't have been a good buy. We would have spent 2,5 million euro for half of him, but you said he was not fit for our way of playing, because he was a "seconda punta" and we needed a trequartista, a Di Canio-like player."

Rossi: “No, he was that kind of player, it's only that I have already Pandev and it wouldn't have made sense to get him, but it's not true that he wasn't fit for our way of playing."

Lotito: “Anyway, I count on Pandev, I prefer to spend on Pandev rather than on Jimenez."

Rossi: “Jimenez is a good player”.

Lotito: “Eh?”

Rossi: “Jimenez is a good player, president”.

Lotito: “I know he's a good player, I wanted to buy a half of him last year for 2,7 million euro."

Episode 8:

Lotito: “So, I am going to buy Guana, eh?”

Rossi: “Aye, I talked to Walter and he says Guana is better than Dabo and can replace him without problems.”

Lotito: “Uhm”

Rossi: “If Walter says so, I see no reason not to believe him.”

Lotito: “I talked to Dabo three days ago, he said “President, first talk to my agent”. But he started from 1,8 million euro, that’s out of market, and I told him “Well, if we find an agreement, fine. Otherwise I prefer to invest on a young player”. I am dealing to get Guana, but they ask 3,5 million euro for the entire owning, maybe I can get him for a lesser money.”

Rossi: “Fact is, that a kind of player like Dabo can be replaced more easily than a kind of player like Liverani.”

Lotito: “But Guana is a good player, Inter too have asked for him, and Palermo too. I have seen Guana play, he’s a consistent player, a fighter like Behrami, he’s young, I think he’s 24 or 25. Anyway, I try to get Guana and then if I manage to keep Dabo, fine. Otherwise, thank you and goodbye, eh, eh.”

Rossi: “In my opinion, it’s not that we have to splash out that lot of money to keep Dabo.”

Lotito: “Right. As for the replacement for Liverani, it’s clear that we will try to get Ledesma, because I know you like Ledesma. Then, regarding the winger, two days ago I have met with the agent of… What’s his name?”

Rossi: “Gobbi”

Lotito: “Aye, Gobbi. I know Fiorentina are very determined to get him, that’s what his agent said, so I am not even trying, I do what you tell me to do. Mauri is not doing badly, eh? I would like to get Gobbi and maybe keep Mauri, let’s see what happens.”

Rossi: “I think that’s the right thing to do.”

Lotito: “Also, let’s send Bonanni away, I think he’s good for nothing”

Rossi: “Bonanni is a good player, and I think he can still improve, he’s still a wee bit childish, but he’s a good player.”

Lotito: “Aye, but who’s better? Mauri or Bonanni”

Rossi: “Potentially Bonanni, but at the moment the other is more reliable.”

Lotito: “Tell me for sure, because we have a buy option on Bonanni. To tell you something, evry time Bonanni has come on, he has brought us such a bad luck, we have always lost! Against Roma, against that other team.”

Rossi: “No, fact is, that the guy seems to say “you have to take me with all my pros and cons”, he hardly work to improve himself, he thinks he is already a complete player.”

Lotito: “Right, he thinks he’s a great player, and he’s angry because he’s not a starter.”

Rossi: “Because he’s not a starter, because he feels that’s not right, because the starters are worse than him. I think that’s not fair, because for me, starting him or another is the same thing.”

Is Guano really that good? We are still being linked with him today...
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:59 pm

Rossi is desperate to sign Guana up to the moment and it really makes me wonder why he turnd his back to Foggia at the moment.

Even I dislike Rossi tactics and players selection last year, but his recommendations at that time was quite good except for Makinwa who he prefered over AMAURI affraid

Last edited by Laziophilic on Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:18 pm

These telephone calls transcripts are a real joy to read. Surprised tongue
The impression of course is that Lotito doesn't understand football very well. If Lotito were only dealing with the accounting and let other people deal with the footballing part of football, we would have a much better team today. IMO.

It's funny how Lotito and Rossi don't understand each other at times and Rossi needs to explain things about certain players.

I ask myself (as many of us here) what's with this Guana fellow? scratch I haven't heard about this guy until last season and I've noticed him only by seeing his name a few times when checking the line ups. Why would he be any better than say Mutarelli? Only Rossi seems to know the answer to this one.
Back to top Go down
Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:00 am

Actually Ivan, it seems Lotito is the one who is adament on purchasing him. But like you, i dont see what they see in the guy.

Anyway, heres another, and probably the last one:

Episode 9:

Lotito: “Lazio is a very good shop window, you can see it by yourself. Inter, Juve, Milan aren’t so good shop window as Lazio, because they have 100 good players, and 101 is not that different. At Lazio, if you are good, you are at the centre of the shop window, there’s a very good visibility.
And then, I tell you, the way things are going on, Inter is in big difficulties at club level, because Massimo wants to give up, maybe he does, maybe he doesn’t, he’s deciding what to do.
Giraudo will leave Juventus, and this means Juventus will be at 50%. So there are left only Inter and Milan, and Fiorentina who at the end of this season will be 30 million euro in the red. And I start laughing at thinking what Della Valle will do, their sporting director Corvino is in deep troubles.
Roma is self conceited, I wish they will play in the UEFA Cup only, so that they get no Coppa Italia. This season Roma has been lucky because their transfers market was blocked, otherwise they would have done a lot of silly buys.”

Rossi: “Ah, maybe.”

Lotito: “Spalletti has started having that classic attitude of romanisti, so self conceited. What I like about us is our low profile, we haven’t ever said “we do this, we do that”. We have always said, I have always said “next year we will do, we hope to do a better season”, remember, Delio?
Clearly we will work to make a better team, that’s normal, no? It’s not that we are working to make it weaker, I don’t want to make it weaker, I want to make it better, and I am working to do it.”

Rossi: “Of course we have to make it better”.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:22 pm

you have not heard of Guana???

Guana is a good player, a good player to play a holding role in defensive midfield, much better than many current Lazio players.

Goerlandt
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 273
Country and city : Belgium-Waregem
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:18 pm

Is this real? In my opinion it is fake scratch
Back to top Go down
Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:29 pm

It's real, it was used in the Rossi's apparent match fixing trial with Lecce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation   Today at 9:07 am

Back to top Go down

Lotito-Rossi Telephone Conversation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1