AuthorMessage
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:08 am

What a night in South American qualifying!

Palermo scoring a 93rd minute tap in to give Argentina a 2-1 win, while Forlan converted a 94th minute penalty kick after Cavani had been brought down by the goalkeeper, to give Uruguay a 2-1 win against Ecuador. This means its all going down to the last match. Exciting and heart breaking.

Muslera did well I thought, wasn't at fault for Valencia's goal. Made 2-3 good saves and looked confident throughout. Well done Nando! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:25 am

Bobbi wrote:
Forlan converted a 94th minute penalty

Quite simply, the best penalty I have ever seen. Last kick of the game in effect, a must win game, one chance to keep yourself in the qualification hunt and Forlan steps up and literally hits the very top left corner. Well worth seeing; remarkable in fact.

Kudos to Chile too, I've said all along that they'd qualify and I honestly believe they will go deep into the tournament next year. Bielsa is doing a top notch job and their squad is super-talented. Youth will work in their favour and they can only improve between now and South Africa.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:12 am

Yea, Chile have a fantastic side. One of the dark horses to do some damage in Sth Africa.

As for Uruguay, I hope they do beat Argentina. The game is in Montevideo I believe, they have a great record there, and with Nando in goals, they have a safe pair of hands.

Given that Ecuador and Venezuela play Brazil and Chile away, I'd say that the loser of Uru-Arg will find themselves a play-off place anyway. Even though they've qualified, Brazil and Chile will close their campaigns with wins at home I reckon.

But fuck, what a match Uru-Arg will be. Cannot wait.

And Bobbi, great chance for the Kiwis to go through as well hahah, Smeltz to send the sheepshaggers to Africa in Wellington.

EL MATADOR
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 37
Country and city : Australia, Sydney
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:15 am

So this is the 3rd time the same fixtures are used for south american qualifiers. The last two times Argentina have been qualified and uruguay won the final game. Chile was very unhappy about this last time and it would not be far fetched to see chile not try so hard against ecuador to screw the 'friends' uruguay and argentina by knocking one if not both of them out.

..........but bielsa is argentinian after all. I personally hope that brazil paraguay chile argentina and uruguay go through.

The Chilean team will do well in south africa but will be a massive force in 2014.
Back to top Go down
phantomm1976
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 841
Country and city : kosova
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:11 pm

if someone watch last night argentina can he tell me whith which team they played(i m mind first eleven & subs),thanks
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 931
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:18 pm

I agree about Forlan's Penalty. Immense pressure and he well and truley buried it.

Hopefully we can see Aregntina & Uruguay make it through, in what for me will be South America's strongest 5 teams in South Africa.

Watch out for Paraguay in South Africa Wink
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:03 pm

phantomm1976 wrote:
if someone watch last night argentina can he tell me whith which team they played(i m mind first eleven & subs),thanks

http://www.goal.com/en/news/585/argentina/2009/10/11/1553604/player-ratings-argentina-2-1-peru
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Watch out for Diego Souza tonight for Brazil against Bolivia.

His debut, great attacking midfielder.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:55 am

Unbelievable stupidity by Caceres to get red-carded and it's 0-1 and Argentina are in SA. Heartbreak for Uruguay, it was an even match.

actually all the results went Uru's way and they'll be going to play-offs

Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:34 am

Fairest result all round. Argentina, on balance, probably do deserve their place aside from the team and Uruguay deserve their crack at the whip. To be honest, as bad as Argentina have been recently, the other half of South America have been too inconsistent to even come close to meriting a place.
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:10 am

Uruguay will now meet Costa Rica in the play-offs, not easy at all, CR have some very talented players, but let's hope that the experience will give URU the upperhand.
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Man what a dissapointment last nigthts game proved to be.

Was billed as unmissable.

Again Argentina stank.

Sack Diego. Get a new coach.

There is still time for a coach to make this team the great one we know it can be.

Uruguay severley dissapointed me last night. Hardly ever made Romero make a save and vice-versa with Muslera.

But at least the strongest 5 teams from South America did make the top 5.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:28 am

Nando is playing for Uruguay, 0:1 after Lugano scored
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:57 am

How has he done?

Uruguay actually have a pretty week team out tonight Neutral

But definitley want them in SA.

NK & NZ aside, I think this could be one of the strongest world cups for a long time. 2006 was a joke, especially the African contingent.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:41 am

Well done to Nando and Uruguay! cheers
Back to top Go down
LofL
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 298
Country and city : FlorÝ, Norway
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:15 am

Didn't have much to do, can't be blamed for the goal. Looks like our GK will be in South africa next year! Unless the next friendlies goes really bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Today at 9:54 am

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6