HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Thiago
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 214
Age : 27
Country and city : Brasil
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:32 am

Dunga must follow Basile example and resign! What a awful performance against Colombia. Thank God I didn't travel to Rio to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Mafalda
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 628
Age : 67
Country and city : Chile, Santiago
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:48 pm

Is unveleivablwe how Brazil could draw in Maracaná with Bolivia and Colombia, I canr understand it.
I think Dunga has responsability but also de players ... we saw their pics here in the beach having fun with many girls around ... one thing we recognize in Bielsa is that he is very strict with the discipline.
Before Bielsa we use to see the pics of our players going out to shop in the malls and something worst like being with girls in the hotel swimming pool or coming back drunks ... now was a news one day that they went out, but Bielsa was with them.
The point is that most of our players are very young.
In agree with you Thiago, Dunga should go ... Brazil is not a team to have that performance.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:18 am

AFA President Grondona: Argentina's New Coach Is...

When surrounded by dozens of excited journalists at the AFA headquarters on Monday, Grondona affirmed that "all" Argentine coaches "have possibilities" of filling the position abandoned by Alfio Basile on the 17th of October.

"We didn't expect Basile's decision, we will analyze it well and we don't want to make a mistake. We will appoint a coach for one year and a half, and we will analyze other things," declared the president.

After having been asked if the candidates to fill the position are Carlos Bianchi, Diego Armando Maradona, Miguel Angel Russo and Sergio Batista, Grondona responded "everyone, everyone."

"Everyone has an opinion and you decide?", asked a journalist. Grondona responded: "Everyone gives their opinion, and I go by what the majority say."

But the question was formulated with insistence once again, and the president said: This is like your house. You can say what you like, but the one who decides is your wife."

For now the favourite to take over the high-profile position is Bianchi. He is closely followed by Maradona, Batista and Russo. Although it has yet to be decided reports indicate that a couple of the above candidates could be working together, as a head coach and an assistant.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=935220
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:47 pm

Maradona is appointed the manager of the Argentine National Team.

My opinion quite possibly the most stupid decision the AFA could make.
Back to top Go down
L'Aquila
Aquilotto
Aquilotto


Number of posts : 15
Age : 30
Country and city : U.S.A, Miami, Fl.
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:19 am

as a huge fan of Argentina, I can officially kiss the world cup 2010 goodbye No
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:49 pm

L'Aquila wrote:
as a huge fan of Argentina, I can officially kiss the world cup 2010 goodbye No

Strange thing is, in the opinion polls Bianchi was the first choice. Well I can only see this appointment as a recipe for disaster.

Well good luck Argentina. You are going to need it.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:03 pm

Ŕrgentina will be fine.

That team could qualify with Messi as player-coach. There's no need to panic.

Maradona won't be a good coach, we can all see that but Argentina will be in South Africa and with a half decent coach, they win it.
Back to top Go down
L'Aquila
Aquilotto
Aquilotto


Number of posts : 15
Age : 30
Country and city : U.S.A, Miami, Fl.
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:39 am

Taib wrote:
L'Aquila wrote:
as a huge fan of Argentina, I can officially kiss the world cup 2010 goodbye No

Strange thing is, in the opinion polls Bianchi was the first choice. Well I can only see this appointment as a recipe for disaster.

Well good luck Argentina. You are going to need it.

Actually Im not a big fan of Bianchi either ! he hasnt been coaching for a while, and he also completely failed in Europe with Atletico Madrid. I was hoping for Diego Simone. He is young and he has been successful since he started coaching. He also has the passion needed to motivate the players as we all remembers his days at Lazio ! I really wish that Maradona can prove me wrong but I highly, and I mean HIGHLY doubt it !

potential problems:

1- Aguero will take it for granted that he will be called regardless of his performance.
2- all those comments from Diego about Messi being selfish might create some tension in the team.
3- Diego is the last person you want to see in a conference after a big match as he's too emotional and might not think about what he says.
4- Boca players would probably have a better chance to be called up.

the only good thing about this decision is that the players would be trained by the idol of every soccer player in Argentina, if not the world, and that would positively boost their motivation.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:30 am

I don't see any real way of Argentina to miss out on the WC so Maradona as coach or not will get them there. But if the AFA think he will lead them to WC glory in 2010.... I think they are hoping for too much. He is very inexperienced but will get alot of support from everyone so that can only be positive for him.
I hope he does well though, as I have always liked the Argentinian NT so all the best Mr Diego Maradona!
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:30 pm

L'Aquila wrote:
Taib wrote:
L'Aquila wrote:
as a huge fan of Argentina, I can officially kiss the world cup 2010 goodbye No

Strange thing is, in the opinion polls Bianchi was the first choice. Well I can only see this appointment as a recipe for disaster.

Well good luck Argentina. You are going to need it.

Actually Im not a big fan of Bianchi either ! he hasnt been coaching for a while, and he also completely failed in Europe with Atletico Madrid. I was hoping for Diego Simone. He is young and he has been successful since he started coaching. He also has the passion needed to motivate the players as we all remembers his days at Lazio ! I really wish that Maradona can prove me wrong but I highly, and I mean HIGHLY doubt it !

potential problems:

1- Aguero will take it for granted that he will be called regardless of his performance.
2- all those comments from Diego about Messi being selfish might create some tension in the team.
3- Diego is the last person you want to see in a conference after a big match as he's too emotional and might not think about what he says.
4- Boca players would probably have a better chance to be called up.

the only good thing about this decision is that the players would be trained by the idol of every soccer player in Argentina, if not the world, and that would positively boost their motivation.

Many Argentine coaches fail in Europe mainly because they are too old fashioned. The only Argentine coach I can remember to have sort of success in europe was HJector Cuper at Valencia. Diego Simeone is too un-expierienced. Although he led River Plate to the Clausura title at the moment he has just led River Plate to their longest winless streak in their entire history. I do not think he is ready.

It takes more then motivation to win matches. I really do not think Maradona has the credentials or the expierience to take this on this job. Maybe he could lead them to a good result at the World Cup but my gut feelings is that Argentina will flop.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2665
Age : 32
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:42 pm

Anyone watching Brazil - Italy?

Wtf did we not sign Elano???

_________________
To knog or not to knog......
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister


Number of posts : 1712
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:01 am

Giolazio wrote:
Anyone watching Brazil - Italy?

Wtf did we not sign Elano???

I see deja vu on every Lazio forum. Every one is asking that question. I just can't enter Lotitos mind. Is he waiting for his price to fall at the end of the season...Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:58 am

Crying or Very sad

I wanted Elano to come to Lazio but I doubt it will happen now. But if Ledesma stays and Matuzalem does well then I guess there would be no real need for him here.... but still he is a very classy and talented player when in form!
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2665
Age : 32
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:55 am

Bolivia 6-1 Argentina affraid affraid affraid

Twisted Evil

_________________
To knog or not to knog......
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:10 am

Bolivia could well become impossible to beat at home and qualify for subsequent tournaments as a result.

Maradona will think twice now about campaigning for Bolivia to play at high altitude jocolor
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:35 am

What the heck happened to Argentina!!?? Unbelievable.

The Bolivians scored some quality goals. Just saw the highlights. Carrizo was not very impressive! No
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:11 pm

Bobbi wrote:
What the heck happened to Argentina!!?? Unbelievable.

The Bolivians scored some quality goals. Just saw the highlights. Carrizo was not very impressive! No

Thought it was April Fools joke when someone told me. LOL!

I have said it before but this Argentina team are possibly the worst I have ever seen in my life. They are so overrated it is beyond belief. Too many weaknesses:

1. No strikers that can hold up play or poach goals.
2. Good defenders like Gonzalo, Garay and Samuel but unfortunately never get a call up. Instead Heinze plays instead. LOL!
3. No World class keeper.
4. No plan "B". Ie Argentina only play one dimensionally. They can not change things around when things are not going their way.
5. trap managers.

Honestly I do not rate them as genuine as World Cup contenders.
Back to top Go down
Gćst
Guest



PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 pm

With a 3-0 victory against Albania at home in "PARKEN", Denmark are on there way to the world cups! cheers

Sorry, wrong place to posts.. Has writen it in the correct treat..
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:35 am

Argentina got exactly what they deserved tonight. They are a shambles and as of now, they don't deserve a spot in the World Cup and if they keep playing like this, they won't make it.

Someone needs to explain to me how 35 year-old, Martin Palermo and that kid from Lanus, Salvio can get in the squad ahead of Zarate. I would like to think there is no vendetta but that just doesn't make sense. For me, even Gago is a dubious selection never mind Brana and Datolo may of scored a wondergoal tonight but what is he doing starting? If he didn't play for Napoli...

Andujar, Carrizo and Romero are all underwhelming goalkeepers and to have Otamendi and Dominguez in the backline with the likes of Pareja, Papa, Burdisso, Coloccini and Schiavi also in the squad, it is frankly ridiculous. How much does Maradona know or understand about soccer?

Now I don't know who is injured and who is not injured but are Ustari, Leo Franco, Angeleri, Demichelis, Samuel, Cambiasso, Di Maria, the Ledesmas, Riquelme, Sosa and Lucho Gonzalez all injured? That's 12 players right there that I would at least have 10 of in my squad right away. (edit: add Garay and many others who I have probably forgotten) I really don't understand what he is doing. I felt that he was experimenting all along, giving out numerous caps and thinking anyone can get a job done for him but in what is a massive derby, for them to go down with a whimper is a disaster.

I still have doubts about Brazil but they look as likely as anyone to lift the World Cup. Chile are serious underdogs; I said a year or so ago that I fancied them to qualify and go long into the tournament in South Africa and I still believe that. They are playing very good football.

Argentina need to sort themselves out and quick because 3 teams are pulling a gap and those on their tails are no mugs either...
Back to top Go down
Thiago
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 214
Age : 27
Country and city : Brasil
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:05 am

Just to remember, the last 3 matches Argentina will play are against Paraguay (Away), Peru (Home) and Uruguay (Away).
I haven't been following Uruguay lately but you've to be always aware of them and Paraguay is the 2nd on the qualifiers with a home record of 6 wins and 1 loss...
Although, I think it's very hard for Argentina to be out of the World Cup... Let's see...
A shame Kaká, Luis Fabiano and Lúcio won't play here in Salvador No No No
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:40 pm

It's gone from:



Caxi wrote:

Ŕrgentina will be fine.

That team could qualify with Messi as player-coach. There's no need to panic.

Maradona won't be a good coach, we can all see that but Argentina will be in South Africa and with a half decent coach, they win it.


To:


Caxi wrote:

Argentina got exactly what they deserved tonight. They are a shambles and as of now, they don't deserve a spot in the World Cup and if they keep playing like this, they won't make it.

Someone needs to explain to me how 35 year-old, Martin Palermo and that kid from Lanus, Salvio can get in the squad ahead of Zarate. I would like to think there is no vendetta but that just doesn't make sense. For me, even Gago is a dubious selection never mind Brana and Datolo may of scored a wondergoal tonight but what is he doing starting? If he didn't play for Napoli...

Andujar, Carrizo and Romero are all underwhelming goalkeepers and to have Otamendi and Dominguez in the backline with the likes of Pareja, Papa, Burdisso, Coloccini and Schiavi also in the squad, it is frankly ridiculous. How much does Maradona know or understand about soccer?

Now I don't know who is injured and who is not injured but are Ustari, Leo Franco, Angeleri, Demichelis, Samuel, Cambiasso, Di Maria, the Ledesmas, Riquelme, Sosa and Lucho Gonzalez all injured? That's 12 players right there that I would at least have 10 of in my squad right away. (edit: add Garay and many others who I have probably forgotten) I really don't understand what he is doing. I felt that he was experimenting all along, giving out numerous caps and thinking anyone can get a job done for him but in what is a massive derby, for them to go down with a whimper is a disaster.

I still have doubts about Brazil but they look as likely as anyone to lift the World Cup. Chile are serious underdogs; I said a year or so ago that I fancied them to qualify and go long into the tournament in South Africa and I still believe that. They are playing very good football.

Argentina need to sort themselves out and quick because 3 teams are pulling a gap and those on their tails are no mugs either...

Also Maradona is not experimenting. I remember you giving out the complete rubbish about Messi and Tevez having the winners mentality with club sides and therefore also with National Team. You saw one match and you saw the light. Brazil still an above average team as well!
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 931
Age : 26
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Carlos Tevez? What can i say about the man? Probably the most over-rated & over-priced footballer in the world.

He was stinking against Brazil, that was the tip of the ice berg for me.
Back to top Go down
lazio365
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 416
Age : 31
Country and city : England, Sussex
Laziale since : 1993
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:16 pm

Caxi wrote:
Argentina got exactly what they deserved tonight. They are a shambles and as of now, they don't deserve a spot in the World Cup and if they keep playing like this, they won't make it.

Someone needs to explain to me how 35 year-old, Martin Palermo and that kid from Lanus, Salvio can get in the squad ahead of Zarate. I would like to think there is no vendetta but that just doesn't make sense. For me, even Gago is a dubious selection never mind Brana and Datolo may of scored a wondergoal tonight but what is he doing starting? If he didn't play for Napoli...

Andujar, Carrizo and Romero are all underwhelming goalkeepers and to have Otamendi and Dominguez in the backline with the likes of Pareja, Papa, Burdisso, Coloccini and Schiavi also in the squad, it is frankly ridiculous. How much does Maradona know or understand about soccer?

Now I don't know who is injured and who is not injured but are Ustari, Leo Franco, Angeleri, Demichelis, Samuel, Cambiasso, Di Maria, the Ledesmas, Riquelme, Sosa and Lucho Gonzalez all injured? That's 12 players right there that I would at least have 10 of in my squad right away. (edit: add Garay and many others who I have probably forgotten) I really don't understand what he is doing. I felt that he was experimenting all along, giving out numerous caps and thinking anyone can get a job done for him but in what is a massive derby, for them to go down with a whimper is a disaster.

I still have doubts about Brazil but they look as likely as anyone to lift the World Cup. Chile are serious underdogs; I said a year or so ago that I fancied them to qualify and go long into the tournament in South Africa and I still believe that. They are playing very good football.

Argentina need to sort themselves out and quick because 3 teams are pulling a gap and those on their tails are no mugs either...


I was always dubious about the selection of Maradona as national coach for them. It could of course have gone the other way, he could have motivated them into great performances but it seems to have gone down the pan. I don't get the selections either, it doesnt seem to be based on form that is for sure. For sure Riquelme was omited from the squad because of a disagrement beteen the two. The facts are not really that clear in that case, both parties blame each other it would seem.

How Walter Samuel is not in defence is anyones guess, and Zarate too for that matter. The whole situation is ridiculous, it seems almost impossible to think that a country with such talent, and depth of talent at that, wont even make the world cup group phases.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:19 pm

Taib wrote:
It's gone from:



Caxi wrote:

Ŕrgentina will be fine.

That team could qualify with Messi as player-coach. There's no need to panic.

Maradona won't be a good coach, we can all see that but Argentina will be in South Africa and with a half decent coach, they win it.


To:


Caxi wrote:

Argentina got exactly what they deserved tonight. They are a shambles and as of now, they don't deserve a spot in the World Cup and if they keep playing like this, they won't make it.

Someone needs to explain to me how 35 year-old, Martin Palermo and that kid from Lanus, Salvio can get in the squad ahead of Zarate. I would like to think there is no vendetta but that just doesn't make sense. For me, even Gago is a dubious selection never mind Brana and Datolo may of scored a wondergoal tonight but what is he doing starting? If he didn't play for Napoli...

Andujar, Carrizo and Romero are all underwhelming goalkeepers and to have Otamendi and Dominguez in the backline with the likes of Pareja, Papa, Burdisso, Coloccini and Schiavi also in the squad, it is frankly ridiculous. How much does Maradona know or understand about soccer?

Now I don't know who is injured and who is not injured but are Ustari, Leo Franco, Angeleri, Demichelis, Samuel, Cambiasso, Di Maria, the Ledesmas, Riquelme, Sosa and Lucho Gonzalez all injured? That's 12 players right there that I would at least have 10 of in my squad right away. (edit: add Garay and many others who I have probably forgotten) I really don't understand what he is doing. I felt that he was experimenting all along, giving out numerous caps and thinking anyone can get a job done for him but in what is a massive derby, for them to go down with a whimper is a disaster.

I still have doubts about Brazil but they look as likely as anyone to lift the World Cup. Chile are serious underdogs; I said a year or so ago that I fancied them to qualify and go long into the tournament in South Africa and I still believe that. They are playing very good football.

Argentina need to sort themselves out and quick because 3 teams are pulling a gap and those on their tails are no mugs either...

Also Maradona is not experimenting. I remember you giving out the complete rubbish about Messi and Tevez having the winners mentality with club sides and therefore also with National Team. You saw one match and you saw the light. Brazil still an above average team as well!

Look at the bolded line.

I still believe they will get there but I said Maradona would prove to be a bad move and it has.

If Messi having a winner's mentality is 'complete rubbish' then football is full of losers.
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 361
Age : 30
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Bridge-Bhoy wrote:
Carlos Tevez? What can i say about the man? Probably the most over-rated & over-priced footballer in the world.

He was stinking against Brazil, that was the tip of the ice berg for me.

I have been watching Argentina straight for ages now and Tevez has had no good games for Argentina except that one against Serbia in the World Cup. Every other game he has been rubbish. I honeslty do not understand why he egts picked ahead of Higuian. I said before that Argentina will get nowhere with him. The next game is away against Paraguay who from their seven home games have won six. They are already saying the game against Argentina is a win in their media.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali   Today at 3:43 pm

Back to top Go down
 
World Cup 2010 - Southamerican quali
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Nemiroff World Cup 2010 Left & Right Arm Results
» MOPAR world finals at Norwalk
» World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !
» World Cup 2010 Wags/talent
» Shanghai World Expo 2010

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: FOOTBALL IN GENERAL :: The Mixed Zone-
Jump to: