HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 captain for lazio

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is fit to be our captain
Rocchi
64%
 64% [ 63 ]
Zauri if he stays
3%
 3% [ 3 ]
De Silvestri
17%
 17% [ 17 ]
Firmani
3%
 3% [ 3 ]
A new comer like Carrizo
1%
 1% [ 1 ]
Siviglia
2%
 2% [ 2 ]
Stendardo
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mutarelli
1%
 1% [ 1 ]
Pandev
5%
 5% [ 5 ]
other-specify who in a reply
4%
 4% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 99
 

AuthorMessage
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2192
Age : 46
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:58 pm

now it should/must be Rocky
in future De Silvestri
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:08 am

I choosed Rocchi.But i think that Pandev will be captain of Lazio in 3-5 years.
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 502
Age : 36
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:46 am

Pandev will be sold in three years. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 827
Age : 29
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:00 am

Agree...Rocchi is no match for Nesta...he wouldnt leave he`s beloved club for money..like Alessandro (the "big" captain) did.
Back to top Go down
Gizas
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 106
Age : 25
Country and city : Lithuania, Ukmerge
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:34 am

Kurama_SSLazio wrote:
Agree...Rocchi is no match for Nesta...he wouldnt leave he`s beloved club for money..like Alessandro (the "big" captain) did.
I can't believe what did you say No Nesta left because of his wish to leave? Where did you saw Nesta saying "I want to leave Lazio because I need more money"? I think, Nesta was happy with his salary at Lazio.. But it was Cragnotti who sold him and Crespo in order to clear some debts.. If not these troubles I'm sure Sandro would still have played in Lazio. Everyone who knows Nesta are saying that he's die hard Laziale and is dreaming to return, but one person wouldn't accept it because of his salary cup and because he hates real laziali like he hated Di Canio. So give some respect to this man. And for Rocchi.. He was starting to complain of his low salary, and considered to leave Lazio. And you say he wouldn't leave Lazio for money?
Back to top Go down
deZio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 181
Age : 28
Country and city : Serbia, Indjija
Laziale since : 2002.
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Gizas wrote:
Kurama_SSLazio wrote:
Agree...Rocchi is no match for Nesta...he wouldnt leave he`s beloved club for money..like Alessandro (the "big" captain) did.
I can't believe what did you say No Nesta left because of his wish to leave? Where did you saw Nesta saying "I want to leave Lazio because I need more money"? I think, Nesta was happy with his salary at Lazio.. But it was Cragnotti who sold him and Crespo in order to clear some debts.. If not these troubles I'm sure Sandro would still have played in Lazio. Everyone who knows Nesta are saying that he's die hard Laziale and is dreaming to return, but one person wouldn't accept it because of his salary cup and because he hates real laziali like he hated Di Canio. So give some respect to this man. And for Rocchi.. He was starting to complain of his low salary, and considered to leave Lazio. And you say he wouldn't leave Lazio for money?
If Nesta is true Laziale, just like you are saying, he would accept to come back to us! He say in interview that he doesn't want to come back and that he wants to end his career with Milan...With that words i think everything is clear... Every true laziale would accept a pay-cut just like DI CANIO did. And dont blame Lotito for Nesta's "transfer back" failure, because that thing saying people who dont want to see a reality... I'm trying to say that IMO Nesta isnt a TRUE Laziale.
Back to top Go down
Gizas
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 106
Age : 25
Country and city : Lithuania, Ukmerge
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:51 pm

deZio wrote:
If Nesta is true Laziale, just like you are saying, he would accept to come back to us! He say in interview that he doesn't want to come back and that he wants to end his career with Milan...With that words i think everything is clear... Every true laziale would accept a pay-cut just like DI CANIO did. And dont blame Lotito for Nesta's "transfer back" failure, because that thing saying people who dont want to see a reality... I'm trying to say that IMO Nesta isnt a TRUE Laziale.
Than Di Canio or Signori also are not TRUE Laziale, because they left Lazio ages ago. The fact that player left Lazio doesn't mean that he's not a Lazio fan. I'm sure he loves Lazio and wants to return (Oddo confirmed it when he went to Milan) and the main reason why Nesta isn't at Lazio now is that no one wants him here. FACT is that Lotito never contacted Nesta and never called him to return. Our president doesn't have the money to bring Nesta back (if he could offer ~2mln euros to Nesta (compared to his 6mln euros at Milan it would be a very huge pay-cut) than i'm sure our capitano would consider an offer). But unfortunately, no one asks Nesta to return. He feels un-needed here and says he wants to remain at Milan. Many Laziali like Pinzi, Russotto or Di Vaio declared their love, but Lotito doesn't want them.. the same is with Nesta
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 502
Age : 36
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:53 pm

After winning almost everything with Milan, Nesta sign another contract with Milan instead of returning to Lazio like a free agent after last season. So much for his lazialita.
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 502
Age : 36
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:56 pm

Gizas wrote:
deZio wrote:
If Nesta is true Laziale, just like you are saying, he would accept to come back to us! He say in interview that he doesn't want to come back and that he wants to end his career with Milan...With that words i think everything is clear... Every true laziale would accept a pay-cut just like DI CANIO did. And dont blame Lotito for Nesta's "transfer back" failure, because that thing saying people who dont want to see a reality... I'm trying to say that IMO Nesta isnt a TRUE Laziale.
Than Di Canio or Signori also are not TRUE Laziale, because they left Lazio ages ago. The fact that player left Lazio doesn't mean that he's not a Lazio fan. I'm sure he loves Lazio and wants to return (Oddo confirmed it when he went to Milan) and the main reason why Nesta isn't at Lazio now is that no one wants him here. FACT is that Lotito never contacted Nesta and never called him to return. Our president doesn't have the money to bring Nesta back (if he could offer ~2mln euros to Nesta (compared to his 6mln euros at Milan it would be a very huge pay-cut) than i'm sure our capitano would consider an offer). But unfortunately, no one asks Nesta to return. He feels un-needed here and says he wants to remain at Milan. Many Laziali like Pinzi, Russotto or Di Vaio declared their love, but Lotito doesn't want them.. the same is with Nesta

the question is would Nesta accept salary of 500.000 euros per season? He has money, he dosen't need 2mln euros per season to play in Lazio. That's the true love.
Back to top Go down
Gizas
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 106
Age : 25
Country and city : Lithuania, Ukmerge
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Rocchi didn't accept 500 salary, but according to someone he is a true Laziale, so why Nesta should accept 500k? It's ridiculous to say "Nesta won everything with Milan and should have returned to Lazio as a free agent". How could he return, if Lotito doesn't offer him to return..
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2737
Age : 33
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:18 pm

This is a poll about the new captain,not a discussion on whether or not Nesta/Di Canio/whoever is a true laziale.

In my view,it has to be a regular starter,and someone who has been with this team for a while.I'd choose Pandev,we've seen how often the captain's armband motivates players to push harder,and this could work out great for both Pandev and Lazio.

_________________
"One love, One Lazio SUPER TECH!!!" - mr douglas

Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:09 pm

deZio wrote:
Gizas wrote:
Kurama_SSLazio wrote:
Agree...Rocchi is no match for Nesta...he wouldnt leave he`s beloved club for money..like Alessandro (the "big" captain) did.
I can't believe what did you say No Nesta left because of his wish to leave? Where did you saw Nesta saying "I want to leave Lazio because I need more money"? I think, Nesta was happy with his salary at Lazio.. But it was Cragnotti who sold him and Crespo in order to clear some debts.. If not these troubles I'm sure Sandro would still have played in Lazio. Everyone who knows Nesta are saying that he's die hard Laziale and is dreaming to return, but one person wouldn't accept it because of his salary cup and because he hates real laziali like he hated Di Canio. So give some respect to this man. And for Rocchi.. He was starting to complain of his low salary, and considered to leave Lazio. And you say he wouldn't leave Lazio for money?
If Nesta is true Laziale, just like you are saying, he would accept to come back to us! He say in interview that he doesn't want to come back and that he wants to end his career with Milan...With that words i think everything is clear... Every true laziale would accept a pay-cut just like DI CANIO did. And dont blame Lotito for Nesta's "transfer back" failure, because that thing saying people who dont want to see a reality... I'm trying to say that IMO Nesta isnt a TRUE Laziale.

this is way off-topic, but Nesta left Lazio because we were in serious debt and he had to be sold NOT because he wanted more money and success.

if Lazio could have kept Nesta then, I firmly believe he would still be here, but of course he's going to remain at Milan, he doesn't want to switch back clubs at this stage of his career, it would be too unsettling for him at his age. He has made a commitment to Milan, not only as a club, but as a city.

going back to the original point I made, which is more relevant to this thread, my point was Rocchi does not have the captaincy stature that Nesta did with us.

briefly on Pandev, I actually believe this kid wants to stay at Lazio and would stay all his life but he wants some success in his career and so far he's not really getting any. we hear all these stories of Pandev going to a big club and Lotito being willing to sell at a very good price but all I hear from the Pandev camp is that he's happy at Lazio.

Pandev may be sold in the near future, but Rocchi may be on the bench in the near future. whoever is selected is captain now is a stopgap captain before someone else takes hold of the armband and leads this club for 5 or more years like we hope De Silvestri or Tuia takes over. For that stopgap captain, we need someone who is a good leader, but also someone who will be in the team until a laziale is ready to take over. I trust Rossi makes the correct decision on this.
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 827
Age : 29
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:40 pm

Yeah..the Nesta angel..warrior of light..blah blah. Meanwhile..this are speculation and too much press. The FACT is.. Nest left us for Milan (like Oddo also did) for money and Champions League. Rocchi stayed .. and that`s the facts .. rest is boring talk.
End of story
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:00 am

Nesta could have taking a pay cut, no problem but we needed to raise money, fast and Nesta was our best asset, so we sold him and made money.

that was the story, whether it's true or not we'll never know because the truth is never revealed.

like you said, Rocchi stayed and that's a fact. we don't really know what went on behind the scenes, so I say we trust that Rossi makes the right decision on this one.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 123
Age : 39
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:09 am

Yes Nesta was sold to raise money to pay debts not because he wanted to leave in search for gold and glory

And if I remember correct Nesta wanted to return 1-2 seasons ago but Lotito didn't want him back because he was to old .. at least so the story tells .. I read this somewhere can't say how true it is though

But Lotito is the only one that would say no to the best defender in the world .. that I'm sure of Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LofL
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 298
Age : 28
Country and city : FlorÝ, Norway
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:29 am

I voted Rocchi, for now he seems like the only option and I think he deserves to be captain now.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 846
Age : 34
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:35 am

Kurama_SSLazio wrote:
Yeah..the Nesta angel..warrior of light..blah blah. Meanwhile..this are speculation and too much press. The FACT is.. Nest left us for Milan (like Oddo also did) for money and Champions League. Rocchi stayed .. and that`s the facts .. rest is boring talk.
End of story

This is the point I have tried to explain a couple of times...... The facts are talking for itself.....
But apparently, everyone has his preferred players and it is very convenient to take position who match the best for his favourites.
I also like and have liked Nesta a lot, but how could I know what was the exact reason for his depart.....
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:41 am

of course we all have our preferences, otherwise what is the point of this poll? usampa, it's clear you have a great respect for Rocchi and where I have disagreed with you many times, I respect your opinion. the general consensus is that Rocchi should be captain, the interesting thing is everyone who has voted for him has different reasons as to why he should be captain. I think the captaincy is a close call, to be honest, I can't see why people are picking Rocchi over Pandev, I think it could just be an age thing, but age is where I have issues with a Rocchi captaincy. so this is a very interesting thread for me.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 846
Age : 34
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:11 am

Caxi wrote:
of course we all have our preferences, otherwise what is the point of this poll? usampa, it's clear you have a great respect for Rocchi and where I have disagreed with you many times, I respect your opinion.
I wasn't talking directly to you and I respect your opinion as well.
But the thing what really astonished me, every time when I read opinions not based on the facts , but on suggestions....As the example with Nesta,Rocchi and so on..... I just cant understand that!
As for Pandev as a captain, I can embrace the idea. The only difference for me between Rocchi and Pandev is that Rocchi is Italian. But Pandev surely deserved this honour as well.
De Silvestri is the biggest candidate for the armband in near future, no doubt, but I am just hoping Lazio will run well. Because I cant believe that he would stick with us, if the club doesn't develop. There is no romanticism in football anymore.....
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:37 am

do you think nationality is, or even should be an issue though.

I can't really see why it would make a difference but I can't think of any non-Italian captains of Italian sides.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 123
Age : 39
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:42 am

Just a thought .. it seems that everyone who becomes captain leaves after a season at most .. so in that perspective I would love to see Manfredini as captain Twisted Evil



(Yes I'm tired and my sense of humor is even worse than usual Wink )
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 846
Age : 34
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:47 am

Caxi wrote:
do you think nationality is, or even should be an issue though.

I can't really see why it would make a difference but I can't think of any non-Italian captains of Italian sides.

No , I hate racism!
Even the nationality of Pandev is very related in the past with mine.You can barely distinguish Macedonian and Bulgarian language.....
But.... , Italian team, from Rome, the symbol of this country, just fit better for me Italian captain.....
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:54 am

I wasn't thinking racial lines at all, I was thinking more about the understanding of the game or culture, because I'm sure Pandev, being in Italy for so long understands these things as well as Rocchi now, yet I can't think of non-italian captains in serie a and I'm just thinking if there is any logical reason for that other than length of time with the club or the language.
Back to top Go down
howie
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 115
Age : 32
Country and city : Los Angeles, USA
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:53 am

Caxi wrote:
I wasn't thinking racial lines at all, I was thinking more about the understanding of the game or culture, because I'm sure Pandev, being in Italy for so long understands these things as well as Rocchi now, yet I can't think of non-italian captains in serie a and I'm just thinking if there is any logical reason for that other than length of time with the club or the language.

Hmmm... Zanetti is Inter Milan's captain for the longest time. That's one that is most clear in my mind.

Nevertheless, I think a captain is about LEADING mainly. PASSION second.

To lead you have a strong character and you have to have the respect of your team as well. This is why you have to be a good player (doesn't have to be the best) in the team and ideally have a never say die attitude and determination (passion). He should be able to motivate the others when situation is bad ( this is what we lack also last season and I think we still do not have). We used to have Simeone, Peruzzi, Nesta, Nedved who all have this great mentality. Mutarelli is pretty close in determination, but mentally is not tough. He also quits when the team quits.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:43 am

howie wrote:
Caxi wrote:
I wasn't thinking racial lines at all, I was thinking more about the understanding of the game or culture, because I'm sure Pandev, being in Italy for so long understands these things as well as Rocchi now, yet I can't think of non-italian captains in serie a and I'm just thinking if there is any logical reason for that other than length of time with the club or the language.

Hmmm... Zanetti is Inter Milan's captain for the longest time. That's one that is most clear in my mind.

Nevertheless, I think a captain is about LEADING mainly. PASSION second.

To lead you have a strong character and you have to have the respect of your team as well. This is why you have to be a good player (doesn't have to be the best) in the team and ideally have a never say die attitude and determination (passion). He should be able to motivate the others when situation is bad ( this is what we lack also last season and I think we still do not have). We used to have Simeone, Peruzzi, Nesta, Nedved who all have this great mentality. Mutarelli is pretty close in determination, but mentally is not tough. He also quits when the team quits.

good post, yes, I fully agree with you.

and I just laughed into myself when I read Zanetti. Somehow, I totally forgot about him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Today at 11:20 pm

Back to top Go down
 
captain for lazio
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» captain of crush hand grippers for sale
» Big differents between captain of crush & heavy grips = hand grippers
» Donna Berry new captain
» POLL: Who is the next alternate captain of the Sens?
» Captain Chris

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Only SS Lazio-
Jump to: