Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:28 pm

I expect some opinionated responses by suggesting this, but, what about Ledesma as captain?
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Ledesma threatened to leave us if we did not make Champions League
he said that just days before the Dinamo game.

so he is not deserving of the captaincy

Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:46 pm

but I could argue just as vehemently that Rocchi threatened to leave for more money and I could also refer to the rumours that Ledesma could have moved to Real Madrid which would have been a huge step forwards success-wise but he chose to stay with us, like Rocchi did. I'm not saying I believe this, but there would be a case for an argument here. what do you see as the difference?
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:51 pm

like I already said, Rocchi's first priority was to secure his future at Lazio. he just wanted a pay rise which he deserved, but the important thing is he wanted to stay with the biancocelesti.

Ledesma got an offer from Betis, less than a week before a massive game and said if we lose I'm off to Spain.

big difference, Rocchi had far more class and respect for Lazio in his negotiations, Ledesma made threats.

Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:05 pm

valid point.
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 am

Also..Ledesma argue too much. He has a bad mouth most of the time..and few refereese and players respects him. With Rocchi is a different story..just watch Lazio`s games and u`ll see how players are talking with him..not matter in what situation that match is. Now..that is a real captain !!
Back to top Go down
Karakash
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 78
Country and city : Macedonia, Skopje
Laziale since : from birth
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Without a doubt, Rocchi!
Back to top Go down
stuxxy
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 25
Country and city : Saitama, Japan
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:12 pm

Tommy already New Capitano.

I think the point who is Vice Cap?
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:20 pm

Siviglia was last season..now i don`t know..probably will stay the same.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 123
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:45 pm

At the moment we have no idea how the squad will look like when the transferwindow closes .. so it's a little difficult to decide this at the moment.

But Rocchi is a good choice .. he is a regular starter .. he has experience .. and he is a fighter .. so the captain he is.

A vice cap .. well:

- Firmani might be a good choice but he is a backup player so no!
- Cribari .. pledged his loyalty .. but not a regular starter in my eyes .. so no!
- Siviglia .. getting old and not a regular starter .. no!
- Rozenhal .. experinced .. should be a regular starter .. maybe!
- Dabo .. well might be a good choice acctually .. so maybe!
- Pandev .. good player and regular starter .. but not a leader .. so no!
- Ledesma .. no f**ing way .. no loyalty and no honour and accutally not that good .. so a big NOOOOO!!!!

The young ones .. Silvestri, Carizzo, Radu might be future captains .. but at the moment should be focusing on improving their own game and not be distracted by being captain/vice captain

So Rocchi captain and Dabo & Rozenhal as vice captains .. that 's my suggestion!
This might change depending on who is brought in during the summer .. if Pinzi and/or Domizzi arrives they should alternatives for captain/vice captain!
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:44 pm

Caxi wrote:
but I could argue just as vehemently that Rocchi threatened to leave for more money and I could also refer to the rumours that Ledesma could have moved to Real Madrid which would have been a huge step forwards success-wise but he chose to stay with us, like Rocchi did. I'm not saying I believe this, but there would be a case for an argument here. what do you see as the difference?

I think Ledesma proved now why he should never ever, ever, be captain of any team, let alone Lazio

---

vice captains, have 2. One Siviglia because of his experience and leadership, one De Silvestri so he can concentrate on his football, but still develop as a leader too

ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:12 pm

Caxi wrote:
the rumours that Ledesma could have moved to Real Madrid

The thing is that I only heard this rumour from Ledesmas agent .. and I think it's pure BS .. if Real Madrid wanted Ledesma .. he would be there already .. 20M-25M is not a problem if they really want the player .. last summer it was Real BETIS that wanted him .. in comparison with Lazio a step backwards in every way except the salary

You can compare it to when Behrami's agent told us clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea, Sevilla, Valencia, Bayern Mnich wanted him .. surprise surprise none of those clubs are interested now .. as I understand through media he chooses between Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg and West Ham .. not bad clubs at all .. but are they really better than Lazio? .. the only differnence I see is that they can pay a whole lot more in salaries

So it's all about the money .. they don't care where they play as long as they get tons of money

They all need a realitycheck .. hearing Pandev moaning about not being able to buy a NEW house is quite ridiculous .. many of the supporters who has to pay to see him play will never be able to even own a house in their whole life
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:00 pm

I don't disagree with you at all, my points on Ledesma are purely hypothetical.

the sad thing is, if he showed some loyalty, I think he would be vice-captain.

for me the vice-captaincy is between 4 players: Cribari, Dabo, De silvestri and Pandev. it ultimately depends on Lotito and Rossi's vision for the future. if I'd to choose, I'd say Dabo.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:42 pm

ClockworkOrange wrote:
hearing Pandev moaning about not being able to buy a NEW house is quite ridiculous .. many of the supporters who has to pay to see him play will never be able to even own a house in their whole life
With this exception , that they are just regular supporters and they are not involved in football as their profession. It is area with big profits, big money traffic and if you have the value it is normal to take this chance of "better life". As you said many people will never be able to own a house....
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:59 pm

My order:

1. Rocchi
2. Cribari
3. De Silvestri

Ledesma is not so influential to be the captain.
Other candidates are Rozenhal and Carizzo (maybe after few seasons), Pandev (if he stays with us) or Dabo.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:20 pm

usampa wrote:
ClockworkOrange wrote:
hearing Pandev moaning about not being able to buy a NEW house is quite ridiculous .. many of the supporters who has to pay to see him play will never be able to even own a house in their whole life
With this exception , that they are just regular supporters and they are not involved in football as their profession. It is area with big profits, big money traffic and if you have the value it is normal to take this chance of "better life". As you said many people will never be able to own a house....

it's very easy to get on footballers backs, but let's take a house to illustrate my point.

Pandev probably feels he's worth 1 million euros a year and he's on what, somewhere between 500,000 and 750,000 euros a year?

let's say your house is worth 1 million euros, but you're being offered somewhere between 500,000 and 750.000 euros for it. you'd be reluctant to take it. you like the area you currently live in, but let's just say you can get a house in another area and you can get a better house for the same price, maybe more than what you are being offered for your current house. you'd be tempted to take it.

that's why Pandev and Ledesma are thinking about moves. they may like they're current club but if there's a better offer out there for them, they may look to take it. it's not a money decision as such, it's a real life decision.

but it does devalue them as captaincy candidates, for example, if you are willing to leave your community for a better value house elsewhere, it's not what the community would want from a mayor or president.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Caxi wrote:
usampa wrote:
ClockworkOrange wrote:

it's very easy to get on footballers backs, but let's take a house to illustrate my point.

Pandev probably feels he's worth 1 million euros a year and he's on what, somewhere between 500,000 and 750,000 euros a year?

The "football economy" of today is a crazy business to say the least .. money are being thrown around like it were candy .. and I understand that they can get better deals at other clubs .. perhaps twice or even three times more than they earn today .. or even more but that's not the point

What I was aiming at .. is the lack of honour and respect .. towards the club, the teammates and the fans .. and not to forget their contract .. I mean why even bother to sign a contract when you don't intend to honour it .. it's just a useless piece of paper .. why sign a 5 year contract when you start to make threats of leaving after one season?? .. why??

Even tough I don't like Cannavaro he said something very wise the other day "if you have a contract you honour it" .. simple as that

And the whining from the players starts to get really ridiculous .. while the rest of us works day in and day out without any glory or luxury .. were just happy to be able to follow our team and once in a while be able to travel and see a game live .. they are living their dreams .. playing football as living .. earning silly money .. and it might be that they think they deserve more money and maybe they do .. but hearing them whining about not being able to buy a new house or even worse hearing Blatter and that wanker Ronaldo talk about slavecontracts .. c'mon for f**k sake get a grip with reality

But I agree that Pandev deserves to be paid as much as Rocchi .. they have both been here a long time and have both done well .. Ledesma has been here for two years .. had some good games and lot of bad games .. well he might deserve a raise but not to be paid as much as Pandev/Rocchi
Back to top Go down
The Big Payback
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 206
Country and city : England, Sunderland
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:42 pm

ClockworkOrange wrote:
Caxi wrote:
usampa wrote:
ClockworkOrange wrote:

The "football economy" of today is a crazy business to say the least .. money are being thrown around like it were candy .. and I understand that they can get better deals at other clubs .. perhaps twice or even three times more than they earn today .. or even more but that's not the point

What I was aiming at .. is the lack of honour and respect .. towards the club, the teammates and the fans .. and not to forget their contract .. I mean why even bother to sign a contract when you don't intend to honour it .. it's just a useless piece of paper .. why sign a 5 year contract when you start to make threats of leaving after one season?? .. why??

Even tough I don't like Cannavaro he said something very wise the other day "if you have a contract you honour it" .. simple as that

And the whining from the players starts to get really ridiculous .. while the rest of us works day in and day out without any glory or luxury .. were just happy to be able to follow our team and once in a while be able to travel and see a game live .. they are living their dreams .. playing football as living .. earning silly money .. and it might be that they think they deserve more money and maybe they do .. but hearing them whining about not being able to buy a new house or even worse hearing Blatter and that wanker Ronaldo talk about slavecontracts .. c'mon for f**k sake get a grip with reality

But I agree that Pandev deserves to be paid as much as Rocchi .. they have both been here a long time and have both done well .. Ledesma has been here for two years .. had some good games and lot of bad games .. well he might deserve a raise but not to be paid as much as Pandev/Rocchi
That's easy for him to say on Real Madrid Galacticos wages.
Back to top Go down
howie
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 115
Country and city : Los Angeles, USA
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:54 am

The Big Payback wrote:
ClockworkOrange wrote:
Caxi wrote:
usampa wrote:
ClockworkOrange wrote:

That's easy for him to say on Real Madrid Galacticos wages.

I think Baronio and Manfredini would say the same thing with Cannavaro. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:52 pm

De Silvestri in a few years, but for now I think Rocchi will be the captain...I would choose Dabo though, think he has all the chracteristics needed and I always prefer a captain being a bit further down the field and as Rocchi is a striker he has not got the same view over the field...I know Dabo is a bit careless and a bit dirty in his game sometimes but I think being a captain would also calm him down a bit...
Back to top Go down
Karakash
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 78
Country and city : Macedonia, Skopje
Laziale since : from birth
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:57 pm

Cribari: Un giorno da capitano
Lo aveva auspicato di recente, ma sembrava un sogno destinato a restare tale a lungo. Invece, Rossi ha esaudito il desiderio di Cribari di essere il capitano della Lazio: ieri il brasiliano l�ha indossata, nonostante (assenti Zauri e Rocchi) sarebbe toccato a Siviglia. Poi, nella ripresa, la fascia finita a Manfredini. Decisi i numeri di maglia: come previsto, a Zarate il 9 e a Carrizo l�1. Pochi i cambi rispetto all�anno scorso: Rozehnal (22), Radu (32), Muslera (86) e Makinwa (27).
gazzettadellosport

Does this mean that Cribari is our new capitano? No
Back to top Go down
The Big Payback
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 206
Country and city : England, Sunderland
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:00 pm

I don't know but it looks like there has been changes to the shirt numbers. This is good as having Rozenhal as number 7 was a bit strange.
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:22 pm

That is funny: Manfradini was the Capitan in the 2nd half!! as what I expected in the team roster section.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Karakash wrote:
Cribari: Un giorno da capitano
Lo aveva auspicato di recente, ma sembrava un sogno destinato a restare tale a lungo. Invece, Rossi ha esaudito il desiderio di Cribari di essere il capitano della Lazio: ieri il brasiliano l�ha indossata, nonostante (assenti Zauri e Rocchi) sarebbe toccato a Siviglia. Poi, nella ripresa, la fascia finita a Manfredini. Decisi i numeri di maglia: come previsto, a Zarate il 9 e a Carrizo l�1. Pochi i cambi rispetto all�anno scorso: Rozehnal (22), Radu (32), Muslera (86) e Makinwa (27).
gazzettadellosport

Does this mean that Cribari is our new capitano? No

No I'm pretty sure Tommy is the one .. but he is with the Italian olympic team .. but this might be an indication to Cribari being tought of as vice-capitano or just a nice gesture from Rossi for CRibari pledging his loyalty to the team .. we'll have to wait and see I guess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:29 pm

i think we must use Pandev Or zauri, but i choos Rocchi after his role in Olampyc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: captain for lazio   Today at 12:44 am

Back to top Go down

captain for lazio
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next