Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:10 pm

Fernandez? who is this guy? do you ever talk to him?
Seem , to me , that is really near Lazio but i have some doubts.

Rossi selection is for 24 players and i am impressed and confused by Lotito choices and management of all this human material!

How can we clear it!

drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:25 pm

I don't get your point...
U mean the fact that some players are not in the plan? Well, Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto'o are not in Barcelona's plans for next season for the same reason Zauri&co are not: their lack of motivation and professional behavior last season made the team perform bad. Simple. Plus they are thinking more of salaries than performing good. Personally I fully agree with Rossi and Lotito in this case.
And your other point...
Who is Fernandez? You should probably follow the argentinian league...you would be surprised...or ask Carizzo.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:39 pm

I think you need to calm down a bit Mr. Drazvan...

First of all, I am not so sure that your accusation towards some players hold water anyways, but if you wouldnīt mind, then I would be happy to hear how you know that the real reason behind our dismal season was down to lack of motivation, professional behaviour, thoughts about salaries rather than concentrating on performing well.

I didnīt see that being revealed anywhere... Maybe you could explain in another topic...

Fernandez is seemingly close to Lazio, even more so after FIGC opened up for another non EU player per season in Serie A... Surely he is an interesting player... but,

I think Ermeticoīs point might have been that Rossi wants to bring a squad of 24 players to the trainingcamp in Auronzo while Lazio are slowly approaching a total squad size of close to 40 players. You see the problem ??
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:43 am

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
I think you need to calm down a bit Mr. Drazvan...

First of all, I am not so sure that your accusation towards some players hold water anyways, but if you wouldnīt mind, then I would be happy to hear how you know that the real reason behind our dismal season was down to lack of motivation, professional behaviour, thoughts about salaries rather than concentrating on performing well.

I didnīt see that being revealed anywhere... Maybe you could explain in another topic...

Wasnt obvious ? I mean really..someone who watched Lazio last season saw that. C`mon..
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:17 am

I honestly believe that the reasons behind last seasons dismal efforts are a bit more complex than what drazvan described. Perhaps I would even go as far as adressing the real problem somewhere else than what drazvan did. You guess where...

When the squad is slowly approaching close to 40 players and this leaves Rossi rather confused and openly states that he intends to bring only 24 players to Auronzo while many will be left back in Rome, I think you could argue that something is wrong with the managements policy rather than the playerīs heads....

However, this topic is not supposed to be about last season or the squad size, although I think we should open such a topic in "Only S.S Lazio".

This is about Fernandčz...

Lazio is waiting for clarifications with regards to his passport appliance. I am not following the argentine league and donīt know him too well, but he sounds like an interesting player and from the describtions I have read of him. I think we could need him...
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:18 am

well Emretico post was about the players overload rand Rossi own selection problems rather than Fernandez per say??? So I will reply to both:

As for Fernandez he remind me about Lucio Gonzalez (of Porto) in away or another, and defenitly we need fresh air in the dressing rooms and professional behavior rather than a player that get 2 yellow cards in sapce of 5 minutes to cost us the game or just imagine to get 2 yellow cards in a sapce of 2 minutes within the 1st 10 minutes of game!!!And guess what?? One of those cards was due to lack of something called professional player attitudes by preventing the ball to reach the opponent in a non dangerous position by using his hand in front of the referee and with already a yellow card before to cost us the game too early? The likes of those players should be kicked out immediately.
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:01 pm

Well, we have 40 players counting also the young ones brought from Primavera to train with the first team.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but our main team is:

Carizzo, Muslera, Degre
Radu, Kolarov, De Silvestri, Rozenhal, Cribari, Siviglia, STENDARDO, ZAURI, Artipoli, Diakite, BELLERI
Ledesma, Manfredini, Dabo, Mudingayi, MUTARELLI, BARONIO, Firmani, BEHRAMI, Mauri, Del Nero, Meghni, FOGGIA
Rocchi, Pandev, Zarate, Makinwa, INZAGHI

(please note that Tare and Vignaroli's contracts have not been extendes as far as I know, so for the moment they are out of the squad, while Bonnetto was already loaned to Livorno)

I count 32 players, but we already know that the highlighted ones (8) are destined to leave. If I count correctly, this gives us at the moment 24 players to attack the next season. Since at least 5 (Diakite, Artipoli, Manfredini, Firmani, Makinwa) cannot be counted on as starters, I think our current squad needs at least 2-3 reinforcements.

I would be happy with Moti, Fernandez and Kozak.

Inter has at the moment more than 30 strong players, same as Roma, Fiorentina, Juventus and Milan.
Maybe that's the reason they all finished in front of us last season?
Maybe the serie A season with 38 games + coppa is long so we need also at least 25 strong players to survive it?

PS: As for the lack of motivation and discussion of salaries of last season, I would suggest you to look in the last year's news. Every week we had one guy complaining about something (Rocchi's renewal went on for weeks, Behrami's case will end up in court, Mudingayi wanted to leave, etc etc). As for Zauri and Mutarelli, I think they lost us a few important games with their unprofessional behavior (red cards, poor performance...). If I was Rossi, this would annoy me a bit...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:25 pm

Augusto Fernandez is a very, very good player. There's no doubt he'll end up in Europe very soon, hopefully with Lazio Surprised

In relation to the squad size, I think 3 or 4 players from the youth team have been promoted as well I think. Perhaps some of the Laziofever team can clarify that in this, or another thread.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:48 pm

I must , first, remind everyone that ermetico style is, sometimes, hard to understand.
Most of time my topics are ironics or a mix of truth with some hidden hints.

Now regarding Fernandez i aim 2 points:
1) who is him ? really i don't know and that's why i ask you.
2) Fernandez is really near Lazio at the moement and tuesday , depending on 2 players leaving Lazio , u will know more.
3) Rossi confused? Yes we are ALL in this city confused because is impossible with Lotito to understand the long terms projects and that's why our attitude as supporters changed in the last 2 years.

That's it...

Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:00 pm

Well drazvan...

You do miss some players in your squad - Berni and Santarelli, Sannibale, Bonetto, Correa, Quadri, Greco (seems to have just signed for Sorrento though), Merini and now the new Czeck Kozak... not to mention any new players we might bring in the remaining two months of the mercato (including Fernandčz)

You are right that many are most likely destined to leave and especially those you were missing, but nothing has been finalized (except Greco it seems) and there is only 1 week to the trainingcamp.

However, the most important is...

According to many news the following players are not in Rossiīs plans for the trainingcamp: Berni, Bonnetto, Belleri, Zauri, Mutarelli, Correa, Quadri, Greco, Artipoli continuing with Baronio, Inzagh and Stendardo, Foggia. Last two could be called, but for now they remain on the transfer market.

Letīs just say itīs a mess that should be solved in about one week.

I am aware of those "news" you are talking about from last season, agreeing with you that those unfortunate aspects didnīt do any good. Whether they were decisive for our tragic season, I doubt though. As I said, I seriously think you should be addressing the main problem somewhere else for creating these problems, rather than stating itīs the players mentality that is wrong. Because then the REAL problem will never be solved.

I will now try to get this topic back to Augusto Fernandčz as I donīt want to go too much off-topic...

It seems he is close to Lazio. About 60% chance. We are awaiting news from the Italian Council who are dealing with his appliance for an Italian passport. Reports expect the news to be good and the case should be different from that of Carrizo from last season (I will wait though).

Whether or not Augusto Fernandčz obtains an Italian passport is important to Lazio, because there are different roads to take in order to get him. Either he could come as an EU player, he could take Ledesmaīs spot in case he obtains the double passport (expected next week) but in case both of them obtain double citizenship, there will be a non EU spot free which would open up for new options in the mercato for Lazio.

Apparently this is the reason why Lotito is waiting to make his move...

I am happy to hear from some of you who are followig the argentine league that he is an interesting player. So far we are waiting for news...
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:30 pm

Fernandez , very sharp and hard working guy. I can say , we need him.....

It is good also , that we have 3 new Argentinians , Carrizo and Fernandez are friends from River and it should be easier to adjust and adapt well in future Rossi's plan.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:35 pm

If I'm correct, Getafe are also after Augusto. That worries me, but it seems that we are closer to him at present.
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:35 am

I don't know about you guys, but my suggestion is to give a bit of credit to Lotito and Rossi.
I really don't understand why anybody complains about him at the moment.
-he keeps Pandev when half of Europe would like to have him
-he offered new deals to De Silvestri, Ledesma and Rocchi, which are our base players at the moment
-he signed some very good players for the future: Kolarov, Radu, Zarate, and now the czech guy
-he brought one of the best GK on the market (long story, but with happy ending)
-we have only debts, he manages to bring us above 0
now I know that last season was not the greatest one in our history, but it was also not the worst...we did play in CL, we defeated Rioma, we played some good games and discovered some good players (De Silvestri, Radu, Kolarov...).
i think it's clear that Lotito is not the silver bullet guy who comes in, buys Ronaldinho, wins Serie A and gets to jail...he is more the working style.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:15 am

I agree wholeheartedly with drazvan in this. Carrizo could be key in tempting Augusto Fernandez to Lazio too. I'd love to see Augusto here and help create the argentine link we once had with Simeone, Almeyda, Veron amongst others. Augusto Fernandez for me though, is a crucial acquisition.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:24 am

I definitely agree with Drazvan.... all good and correct points I think aswell. I am happy with the mercato up to this point. Signing Zarate, Kozak, Carrizzo expected next week. He also signed Rozehnal and Radu permanently to Lazio. Well done Lotito and Rossi!

I also agree with Caxi that Carrizzo could be a vital part in tempting Fernandez to come to Lazio. Also with other Argentinians already here like Ledesma and Zarate it can surely further tempt Augusto to joining up here with the Argentinian contingent. I would dearly love to see Fernandez at Lazio and hopefully Lotito is able to persuade him to join here. Maybe his current coach, Simeone at River Plate, will help him decide to sign for us!? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:32 am

so far Lotito's work with signing players and bringing the club back have been great. Young players, promising players, and keeping the current key players. He has also held out over Behrami.

but he has a lot of work to do, I mean bringing the tifosi back to Stadio Olimpico. I'd like to see him get guys like Di Canio and Peruzzi involved as backroom staff, but it wont happen.

drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:15 am

Well, bringing Carizzo, Fernandez and Zarate at Lazio will certainly help bringing supporters back to the stadium...only the signing of Zarate boosted out subscription sales....and now with Fernandez....
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:29 am

yeah, but players like Domizzi and Pinzi would help the cause even more...
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:22 am

Caxi wrote:
yeah, but players like Domizzi and Pinzi would help the cause even more...

yes, what Lotito needs to do is bring lazialita` back to Stadio Olimpico

Karakash
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 78
Country and city : Macedonia, Skopje
Laziale since : from birth
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:17 pm

i thought this was strictly about Fernandez. This guy is a big talent and this past winter was linked with a move to Arsenal as Wenger is one of his fans. If we are on poll position i say we must buy him, we need a player like him in the squad. Some journalist have even compared him with Messi, but i won't go that far.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:32 pm

he really is a fantastic player and a fascinating prospect, but, this is a make or break mercato for us, we need to finance such details by cutting our wage bill for next season.

we could have a brilliant side next season if Lotito plays his cards right, but it's a tough ask.

there's a huge problem in Serie A with clubs lining up potential deals in case others fall through. Lotito is hardly innocent in this himself having lined up Amoruso in case the Palacio and Zarate deal fell through and it seems sampdoria and Udinese are doing the same thing which is holding up our transfers as Lotito appears to be doing it again with Pinzi and Fernandez.

do remember though that we just saved 15million euro by loaning in Zarate instead of buying Palacio, which gives us more money to spend in this mercato or the future.
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:02 am

according to tuttomercato.com, Fernandez is step close to Lazio and it seems that by next monday everything will be sorted out as the player agent Sabbag will be in Rome to meet Lazio officials disscusing the transfere fee esp Fernandez got alot of intrests from the spanish top clubs, but Lazio remains his favourite distination!!

it seems that he will occupy the 2nd non EU spot. Let us hope for the best and plan for the worst esp with his passport problems.
Back to top Go down
Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 213
Country and city : England

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:04 am

Matuzalem will take the 2nd non-EU spot. Fernandez has his passport sorted now, so he should arrive an as EU player.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLazio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 177
Country and city : Denmark, Gentofte
Laziale since : a long time ago...
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:52 am

Forza_Lazio4eva wrote:
Matuzalem will take the 2nd non-EU spot. Fernandez has his passport sorted now, so he should arrive an as EU player.

Where did you read that his passport problems is ok? All i can find is that the transfer is still blocked until the passport problems is in order...

But if (when) he arrives the Lazio squad is in my opinion almost as strong as that of 2000 champions, we lack the same defense, if Moti arrives we are on the way...
Back to top Go down
rockybalboa83
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 393
Country and city : Australia,Melbourne
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:49 pm

CaptainLazio wrote:
Forza_Lazio4eva wrote:

Where did you read that his passport problems is ok? All i can find is that the transfer is still blocked until the passport problems is in order...

But if (when) he arrives the Lazio squad is in my opinion almost as strong as that of 2000 champions, we lack the same defense, if Moti arrives we are on the way...

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/index.php?action=read&idsel=21108

This link seems to confirm that Fernandez has obtained his italian citizenship! If this is the case, lets get this boy!

What a wonderful, creative, young and vibrant midfield we would have if we got him..

Fernandez, Ledesma, Matuzalem, Foggia, Kolarov, Dabo...I like this very much..

Should be great countering ability for our three stars up front..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Augusto Matiās Fernandčz   Today at 3:14 am

Back to top Go down

Augusto Matiās Fernandčz
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Transfer & rumours about SS Lazio-
Jump to: