Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Dario Dainelli   Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:38 pm

The central defender of Fiorentina is reported by many newspapers to be close to Lazio. Apparently he could be inserted in the deal bringing Luciano Zauri to Fiorentina. Not only is this player supposedto be part of such a deal, but Lazioīs interest in him is genuine along with the interest of Torino and Genoa. Lazio were also following closely last season before he renewed his contract with the Viola. Now there might be a chance...

Discuss Dainelli here...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:04 pm

decent signing if it happens, but surely only as a back up and don't we have enough back ups in our defence? I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:04 pm

Dainelli's only advantage compared to Moti is that he has Serie A experience.
For that, I would choose him.
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Dainelli WAS a good player 2 years ago, I would rather keep Stendardo and Sivilgia ahead of him, just ask the Viola fans.
Back to top Go down
Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 213
Country and city : England

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:00 pm

Yeah, hopefully we get just cash for Zauri. We dont need Dainelli, i would rather keep Cribari instead.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:35 am

we need at least one more central defender, and you guys want to turn down Dainelli??

I'd prefer Domizzi but doesnt seem like that will happen, Dainelli was called into the Azzurri side before the world cup. he ma not have had the best season, but he is still a quality defender.

Cribari had a very average year, and Siviglia is 35 and cant keep up with the pace anymore. Dario would be a welcome signing

as for Stendardo, he is a good player but is unhappy. Unhappy players dont usually perform well.

Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:55 am

c. testa wrote:

I'd prefer Domizzi but doesnt seem like that will happen, Dainelli was called into the Azzurri side before the world cup. he ma not have had the best season, but he is still a quality defender.

If I am not worng I don't remember that he was called for Azzuri before, but I still call there was a blog in C4 that asks Lippi to bring him for the WC following some decent displays.

I agree with you that he is a quality defender, but that was 2 years ago! He was dropped from the starting 11 following many lethal mistakes and to make things worse he lost the Capitan ambrand, too. He signed a new deal only following lengthy negotiations with Viola managmet were they lsot trust in each other. But I dont believe that Prandelli decisions to sell him are worng mate! Are u?

If he will be back to his best, then be my guest.
Back to top Go down
Goerlandt
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 273
Country and city : Belgium-Waregem
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Stendardo is better than Dainelli. And we already have Rozehnal, Cribari, Siviglia, Radu...
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 784
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:18 pm

Siviglia is too old and can only do bad for the team ... He is too slow and can't help nothing in defence .. All the strikers are faster than him
Back to top Go down
Terry
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 158
Country and city : China / Czech
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:26 pm

he is good, but is he a sort of old as well?

our strategy now is youth storm, isnt it?
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:07 pm

The point right now is...

Stendardo is not an option any longer, because Delio Rossi doesnīt want him in the new squad and he is therefore put on the market. (he could be included in the squad, if he is not sold/swapped before the departure to Auronzo di Cadore)

Radu could very well be taking the left back spot, since Zauri is on the market too and Kolarov might be considered to be a little too inexperienced to be a starter.

So maybe there is room for another central defender...

However, latest news suggest that itīs Fiorentina who wants to insert Dainelli in the deal bringing Zauri to Firenze, whereas Lazio prefer the money at the agreed valuation of 3.5 million Euro.

Furthermore... The move is complicating a bit, since the Viola fans are complaining strongly about Zauri. This goes back to the game in 2005 - Lazio-Fiorentina, close to the end of the season (1-1), when Zauri saved the ball on the goalline with the hand, denying Fiorentina the three points, which almost got them relegated. However, Fiorentina remains in pole position for Zauri and the deal could be closed after the weekend, if an agreement can be found (straight money or Dainelli as part of the deal)
Back to top Go down
Terry
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:22 pm

i would(should) say selling our captain Zauri now for that low price is not a good decision completely. Obviously we are aiming for securing a ECL spot next season, and after we do achieve so, we will face the same situation in 09/10 as we faced in 07/08. and what's more, captain Zauri, the veteran who also participated both in 03/04 and 07/08 ECL, for sure, will be a experienced substitution for LAZIO and our whole campaign. So, in this case, as you can imagine, it's better for us to keep this faithful captain in our team.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:07 pm

Terry wrote:
i would(should) say selling our captain Zauri now for that low price is not a good decision completely. Obviously we are aiming for securing a ECL spot next season, and after we do achieve so, we will face the same situation in 09/10 as we faced in 07/08. and what's more, captain Zauri, the veteran who also participated both in 03/04 and 07/08 ECL, for sure, will be a experienced substitution for LAZIO and our whole campaign. So, in this case, as you can imagine, it's better for us to keep this faithful captain in our team.

there's no way a CL spot is our objective for next season, I'm sorry, but Inter, Roma, Juventus, AC Milan and Fiorentina will be fighting for those honours. when we came 3rd a couple of seasons ago, we showed our ability, we showed we can challenge those sides, but a lot has happened since then, primarily, the league is a lot stronger. I think our aim is 6th and trying to pip Sampdoria, Palermo, Udinese and then Napoli and Genoa who are rejuvenating themselves as well as a few surprise packages I'm sure, the likes of Cagliari or the promoted sides could spring a small surprise.

Dainelli is the kind of player we need as back up to bring ourselves to the head of that pack, but in my opinion, their are better alternatives. However, what may be crucial is can we get a player of that experience and that quality for a similar price elsewhere. of course, if Rossi and Stendardo could call a truce, we wouldn't be in such a position.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:57 pm

Uhmmm there are some problems:
Fiorentina supporters are upste with Zauri since the last match ( the hand foul and missed penalty) and they strongly protested for his transfer.
Lotito wants money because he already had too many problems with 40 players...
Zauri already pack the luggage ,,,,
Ahi....

drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:32 pm

Ermetico wrote:
Fiorentina supporters are upste with Zauri since the last match ( the hand foul and missed penalty) and they strongly protested for his transfer.
Ahi....

3 millions for Zauri are not enough...
if West Ham are stupid enough to pay 11 millions for Behrami, problem solved.
Still we should get rid fast of Baronio, Manfredini and Inzaghi...they earn toooooo much for what they offer...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:47 pm

drazvan wrote:
Ermetico wrote:
Ahi....

3 millions for Zauri are not enough...
if West Ham are stupid enough to pay 11 millions for Behrami, problem solved.
Still we should get rid fast of Baronio, Manfredini and Inzaghi...they earn toooooo much for what they offer...

I agree, despite their loyalty, their wages are too high to warrant a stay, but, would Dainelli not demand a wage packet as great as anyone in this squad?
Back to top Go down
Terry
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:59 pm

Quote :

there's no way a CL spot is our objective for next season, I'm sorry, but Inter, Roma, Juventus, AC Milan and Fiorentina will be fighting for those honours. when we came 3rd a couple of seasons ago, we showed our ability, we showed we can challenge those sides, but a lot has happened since then, primarily, the league is a lot stronger. I think our aim is 6th and trying to pip Sampdoria, Palermo, Udinese and then Napoli and Genoa who are rejuvenating themselves as well as a few surprise packages I'm sure, the likes of Cagliari or the promoted sides could spring a small surprise.

Dainelli is the kind of player we need as back up to bring ourselves to the head of that pack, but in my opinion, their are better alternatives. However, what may be crucial is can we get a player of that experience and that quality for a similar price elsewhere. of course, if Rossi and Stendardo could call a truce, we wouldn't be in such a position.

you are better than you think.

did you expect that we can finish in 3rd place at the beginning of that miracle season?

life is a journey, and we are all chasing our dream.
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:56 pm

well, with juve relegates and milan and fiorentina starting with heavy penalties, i was hoping that we would finish on a CL position actually...while this season, like it or not, we cannot compare with Inter, Juve, Roma and Milan...I think we start at the level of Fiorentina and Napoli....my opinion...but, as you said, this doesn't stop us from dreaming, it just makes it a bit tougher!
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:17 pm

I personally think Inter, Juventus and Milan will fight for the title, Roma too probably and possibly Fiorentina, I think we SHOULD lead the chasing pack and if we can join it, like you say, then yes, a CL place isn't beyond us.

However, to expect a CL place is too much, to expect a UEFA Cup place is realistic.

I think Rossi's job depends on whether we finish 6th or above. that's it. anything less is not good enough.

and it's players like Dainelli that factor into the equation. we need to find the best deals. Lotito and Rossi have probably never thought of Dainelli and would have wanted a 3.5 million deal but they need to go back to a table somewhere and decide what is best for the club and it's future. I trust that they make the correct decision.
Back to top Go down
IRR87
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 110
Country and city : Belgium Turnhout
Laziale since : 2005
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:19 pm

Dainielli is a good defender! For me he's welcome. Prefer him above Moti
Back to top Go down
Terry
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:29 pm

drazvan wrote:
well, with juve relegates and milan and fiorentina starting with heavy penalties, i was hoping that we would finish on a CL position actually...while this season, like it or not, we cannot compare with Inter, Juve, Roma and Milan...I think we start at the level of Fiorentina and Napoli....my opinion...but, as you said, this doesn't stop us from dreaming, it just makes it a bit tougher!
cheers cheers cheers

yes, dude, that's true, and i totally agree with you at this point, meanwhile, i fully understand all those advantages you mentioned above, but don't you think we were so competitive at that season? the team did show some traits, i mean some traits that really did prove one thing, that's we are better than most of the teams. for instance, we got a 3-0 derby triumph, we scored 9 times in 2-leg contest against Udinese, we won 8 games in a row.

and i think keeping consistency in the whole season and winning over the teams which were so-called "middle-class" teams like Udinese, samp is very vital for Lazio and for those who are aiming for a ECL spot. and that's exactly what biancocelesti performed in that season. right mate?

i would like to postively think and predict optimistically always. and that's it.

Last edited by Terry on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:30 pm

Caxi wrote:
Lotito and Rossi have probably never thought of Dainelli and would have wanted a 3.5 million deal but they need to go back to a table somewhere and decide what is best for the club and it's future.
I have read recently here in LF , that we have been supervising him since 2 years. But now apparently, its different situation....
However I haven't got big idea of his capabilities. He may participate well or he may not , it depends.... It is a little gamble move for me, but Rossi should know the best !
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:19 am

I see Dainelli the same as Siviglia, 4-5 years ago...never was he really amazing, however he is a confident and experienced defender...if Zauri wants to leave, I would not mind getting Dainelli....but to be honest, I think the right side of our defense is our weakest point and we should concentrate on that:
Left: Radu, Kolarov, (Zauri)
Center: Siviglia, Cribari, Diakite, Artipoli, (Radu), (Stendardo...)
Right: only De Silvestri! and De Silvestri is quite injury prone..
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:36 am

drazvan wrote:
I see Dainelli the same as Siviglia, 4-5 years ago...never was he really amazing, however he is a confident and experienced defender...if Zauri wants to leave, I would not mind getting Dainelli....but to be honest, I think the right side of our defense is our weakest point and we should concentrate on that:
Left: Radu, Kolarov, (Zauri)
Center: Siviglia, Cribari, Diakite, Artipoli, (Radu), (Stendardo...)
Right: only De Silvestri! and De Silvestri is quite injury prone..

Wait! Where's Rozehnal? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:38 am

usampa wrote:
Caxi wrote:
Lotito and Rossi have probably never thought of Dainelli and would have wanted a 3.5 million deal but they need to go back to a table somewhere and decide what is best for the club and it's future.
I have read recently here in LF , that we have been supervising him since 2 years. But now apparently, its different situation....
However I haven't got big idea of his capabilities. He may participate well or he may not , it depends.... It is a little gamble move for me, but Rossi should know the best !

here's what is intiguing me right now

if Rossi goes 3-4-1-2 like it's being reported and Kolarov and De Silvestri play further forward then, if Stendardo goes, that leaves us with Radu, Rozehnal and Cribari at the back.

I don't have great faith in these 3 as a central defensive trinity. for me, we need another good defender who can break into this defense or replace on of these guys if they perform poorly. Siviglia doesn't have the legs or the ability to play in our first team week in week out, therefore Dainelli may be a good option, but, surely we'd rather have Domizzi?

Dainelli is a gamble, one that could fail miserably or pay off with fantastic results. I don't believe that we have been keeping an eye on him for 2 ywars, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have because he's a good player who should be peaking about now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dario Dainelli   Today at 3:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Dario Dainelli
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next