HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 "Disappeared" Lazio players

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 543
Age : 30
Country and city : Romania,Szovata
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:48 pm

I was wondering where some promising players disappeared from our squad.Ex there was that young and talented columbian GK.What is his name?Where is he now?
Can you say someone else too?I'm curious....
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 123
Age : 39
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Libis Arenas   Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:12 pm

I guess you mean Libis Arenas


Quote :
From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libis_Arenas)

Libis Andrés Arenas Murillo (born 12 May 1987 in Istmina) is a Colombian football (soccer) goalkeeper for the Colombia national under-20 football team.

He started his career with Envigado Fútbol Club. S.S. Lazio then made a deal to buy him, but did not include him in the first team in order not to fill a non-EU spot in the squad. He was on loan to Envigado in January 2007[1]. He had also been on trial to Sporting Clube de Portugal in early 2007[2].


He was sold to Mérida UD and loaned to Central Español. [3].

Lotito bought a number of players when he took over the club but I think it´s only Rocchi who remains of those!?

Esteban Gonzales was one of them .. can´t remember the name of the others .. but one was south american NT player if I remeber correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2737
Age : 33
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Wow,you remember Gonzales?? jeez that was long ago,and he only played 3 games
http://www.interlog.it/enciclopedia/giocatori.php?action=page&id=685

yeah it's a shame about libis,I remember how ppl were excited about a promising young GK
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:14 pm

ClockworkOrange wrote:
I guess you mean Libis Arenas


Quote :
From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libis_Arenas)

Libis Andrés Arenas Murillo (born 12 May 1987 in Istmina) is a Colombian football (soccer) goalkeeper for the Colombia national under-20 football team.

He started his career with Envigado Fútbol Club. S.S. Lazio then made a deal to buy him, but did not include him in the first team in order not to fill a non-EU spot in the squad. He was on loan to Envigado in January 2007[1]. He had also been on trial to Sporting Clube de Portugal in early 2007[2].


He was sold to Mérida UD and loaned to Central Español. [3].

Lotito bought a number of players when he took over the club but I think it´s only Rocchi who remains of those!?

Esteban Gonzales was one of them .. can´t remember the name of the others .. but one was south american NT player if I remeber correctly.

Mea Vitali of Venezuela, possibly???

and also, was there not a Mr. Brian Robert?
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 123
Age : 39
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:15 pm

[quote="Sile"]Wow,you remember Gonzales?? jeez that was long ago,and he only played 3 games
http://www.interlog.it/enciclopedia/giocatori.php?action=page&id=685

yeah it's a shame about libis,I remember how ppl were excited about a promising young GK[/quote

Of course I remember him .. he looked promising in the only game I saw him play .. if he only had gotten a chance I think he would have been a good squadplayer.

I just remember the names of another two of Lotitos famous 9 signings in one day .. Angel Mea Vitali and Brian Robert .. never got any chances och left without a trace.


Edit: Caxi you beat me too it .. damn Wink
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:24 pm

[quote="ClockworkOrange"]
Sile wrote:
Wow,you remember Gonzales?? jeez that was long ago,and he only played 3 games
http://www.interlog.it/enciclopedia/giocatori.php?action=page&id=685

yeah it's a shame about libis,I remember how ppl were excited about a promising young GK[/quote

Of course I remember him .. he looked promising in the only game I saw him play .. if he only had gotten a chance I think he would have been a good squadplayer.

I just remember the names of another two of Lotitos famous 9 signings in one day .. Angel Mea Vitali and Brian Robert .. never got any chances och left without a trace.


Edit: Caxi you beat me too it .. damn Wink

yes, I only remember Esteban Gonzalez, Brian Robert and Miguel Angel Mea Vitali. there were others I'm sure. great minds think alike though, eh? :)

Matias Lequi was also brought in that year, remember him?
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 123
Age : 39
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Caxi wrote:


yes, I only remember Esteban Gonzalez, Brian Robert and Miguel Angel Mea Vitali. there were others I'm sure. great minds think alike though, eh? :)

Matias Lequi was also brought in that year, remember him?

Great minds indeed :)

Lequi yes .. thought he would be a big hit .. but never settled .. went back to spain and Betis if I remember correct

Let´s see Rocchi, Gonzales, Mea Vitali, Robert .. that´s four .. hmm when did Seric come here? .. and that spanish leftback Lopez?
When I think about it .. wasn´t Siviglia brought in that day?
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 1434
Age : 24
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:45 pm

Siviglia was brought in in Lotito's first year too..

hahah Seric, in australia he is considered a traitor. been called up to 3 world cups for croatia and never taken the field

_________________
Quote :
It's more than just oil, it's liquid engineering.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:20 pm

I know it was in the same season, was it the Fillipini's?

Oscar Lopez was brought in that season, if not that day and Seric was with us that season to on a co-ownership deal with Verona, but I can't remember when we brought him in.

wasn't Leonardo Talamonti another one? and what about Delgado?
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 123
Age : 39
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:28 pm

Caxi wrote:
I know it was in the same season, was it the Fillipini's?

Oscar Lopez was brought in that season, if not that day and Seric was with us that season to on a co-ownership deal with Verona, but I can't remember when we brought him in.

That´s it .. great minds you said

How could I forget the Fillipini´s .. the way they drove Totti mad in the 3-1 derby is a classic Twisted Evil


Last edited by ClockworkOrange on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:30 pm

I made a few edits there, don't know if you've seen the revised post but I suggested another couple of names.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 123
Age : 39
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Caxi wrote:
I made a few edits there, don't know if you've seen the revised post but I suggested another couple of names.

Just saw it .. Talamonti was one of the nine .. played some great games .. the derby and Inter away for example .. too bad we let him leave

So Rocchi, Siviglia, Fillipinix2, Talamonti, Gonzales, Mea Vitali, Robert, Seric/Lopez .. the "famous nine"

But Delgado I think already was here when Lotito took over .. wasn´t he signed when young and brought up through the primavera?
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:41 pm

ClockworkOrange wrote:
Caxi wrote:
I made a few edits there, don't know if you've seen the revised post but I suggested another couple of names.

Just saw it .. Talamonti was one of the nine .. played some great games .. the derby and Inter away for example .. too bad we let him leave

But Delgado I think already was here when Lotito took over .. wasn´t he signed when young and brought up through the primavera?

possibly, I'm just snatching at straws with that one, so we have:

Talamonti
Fillipini's
Oscar Lopez
Brian Robert
Anthony Seric
Esteban Gonzalez
Sebastiano Siviglia
Angel Mea Vitali

that's the nine I think!
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2737
Age : 33
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:09 pm

Caxi wrote:
ClockworkOrange wrote:
Caxi wrote:
I made a few edits there, don't know if you've seen the revised post but I suggested another couple of names.

Just saw it .. Talamonti was one of the nine .. played some great games .. the derby and Inter away for example .. too bad we let him leave

But Delgado I think already was here when Lotito took over .. wasn´t he signed when young and brought up through the primavera?

possibly, I'm just snatching at straws with that one, so we have:

Talamonti
Fillipini's
Oscar Lopez
Brian Robert
Anthony Seric
Esteban Gonzalez
Sebastiano Siviglia
Angel Mea Vitali

that's the nine I think!

Well Talamonti went back to Argentina after a brief spell with us.
Fillipini brothers did their part and moved on,as did Oscar Lopez.
Bryan Robert was registered as our youth player,whatever happened with him i dunno.
And about Seric,well he really was a decent player,why he didn' fit in here is a question for the coach.He really was a part of the Croatia NT for three World Cups and never played a second in any of the 3 tournaments,later on he had a run in with the coach and was not considered for the Euro.A shame really,to treat a hard working pro in this manner.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:40 pm

I still wish Talamonti was at the club now. Very decent player. Shame.
Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 433
Age : 30
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:51 pm

please change the topic to ex lazio players

i almost had a heart attack No
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 543
Age : 30
Country and city : Romania,Szovata
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:58 pm

AbedElkader wrote:
please change the topic to ex lazio players

i almost had a heart attack No

I gave this name cause some of these players left our club misteriously,without hearing any news about them.Ex: Libis Arenas.I was very surprised some years ago when I saw that Libis Arenas,a talented youngster in that moment,just simply was gone.That's the reason,AbedElKader Very Happy

Thx for the other names guys;) There were some interesting players here in that time.Lequi was my favourite Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Big Payback
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 206
Age : 25
Country and city : England, Sunderland
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:07 pm

What happened to Sannibale? I think he was a goalkeeper.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:10 pm

The Big Payback wrote:
What happened to Sannibale? I think he was a goalkeeper.

Simone Sannibale? central defender, is still at the club I think, he may have been loaned out, perhaps someone else knows more.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2737
Age : 33
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:42 pm

Sent to SS Lanciano,if my intel is correct.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:48 pm

Sile wrote:
Sent to SS Lanciano,if my intel is correct.

according to Wikipedia, he has been loaned to Salernitana, Juve Stabia, Torres and Scarafese in recent years.

I always associate Simone Sannibale with Fabrizio Melara as they both broke into the first team in that crazy season. What happened to him?
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2737
Age : 33
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Caxi wrote:
Sile wrote:
Sent to SS Lanciano,if my intel is correct.

according to Wikipedia, he has been loaned to Salernitana, Juve Stabia, Torres and Scarafese in recent years.

I always associate Simone Sannibale with Fabrizio Melara as they both broke into the first team in that crazy season. What happened to him?
Could be,it's never sure cause few official info is released regarding such low key players.
Melara was part of our youth team,his whereabouts now are unknown to me.
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 279
Age : 34
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:00 am

the 1st time I saw Melara was against Boro in the UEFA CUP and I think it was also the last one, but from what I saw I thought tjhat he will become an important figure in the future.

At the same time there was alot of expectations on Sannibale following decent perfomence in the intertoto cup, yet he failed badly with us later following many loans to serie B sides. Last year he was with us, check the official web site.

Any one remember Picolo??

The topic will be presented in the X-files sooner!!!!!!!!


Last edited by Laziophilic on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
deZio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 181
Age : 28
Country and city : Serbia, Indjija
Laziale since : 2002.
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:03 am

Laziophilic wrote:
Any one remember Picolo??
Felice Piccolo? He plays for Empoli since last season. And now when Empoli get relegated, I dont know what will be with him...
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 1434
Age : 24
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:30 am

deZio wrote:
Laziophilic wrote:
Any one remember Picolo??
Felice Piccolo? He plays for Empoli since last season. And now when Empoli get relegated, I dont know what will be with him...

he will stay at Empoli, they signed his full contract

Seric you mention, he played for a few years in Greece with PAO and now signed for Besiktas in Turkey..

_________________
Quote :
It's more than just oil, it's liquid engineering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "Disappeared" Lazio players   Today at 11:24 pm

Back to top Go down
 
"Disappeared" Lazio players
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Pembroke Academy questioned on "recruiting" of players
» How often does a "freak" rugby player come around?
» Most "important" players
» I believe Al "Ratface" Strachan has been fired by the CBC (again)
» Favorite radio commercials? Miller..."Like"!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Only SS Lazio-
Jump to: