Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Giampiero Pinzi   Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:15 pm

I think we need a separate topic for Pinzi...

Many news have been reporting that Lazio are trying hard to get him and latest is that he is really close to us. The deal which could bring Pinzi to Lazio is an exchange with Stendardo. Some days ago Stendardo didn´t seem to interested in moving to Udinese, but that might have changed. In any case, there could be other ways to get Pinzi...

Pinzi has been grown by Lazio´s youth system and would be thrilled to come back. We have been linked to him in almost every mercato in the last few years, always with no luck, but now there might be a chance...

He could be considered a replacement for the departing Behrami, since he is also able to play on the right side or as a central midfielder....

Discuss Pinzi here.....
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:36 pm

it seems that Jorgensen curse with Udinese before turned to Pinzi!

Our midfield should be dynamic, Pinzi IMO is perfect one in the attcking and little bit playmaking roles of the midfield that we lack in Mudy and Muta who only know how to recover balls.

Pinzi is more than welcomed, esp he is Laziale and italian.
Back to top Go down
Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 213
Country and city : England
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:46 pm

I would take this guy just for this:

Wink
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:56 pm

Yes Pinzi is very relevant addition to our mercato. We need more creativity and traffic in the middle and the fact he is a laziale makes him more than welcome in my eyes. Pinzi plus Fernandez , sounds very good. Let’s hope it would become true.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 123
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:04 pm

Yes Please thank you very much

Laziale, dynamic midfielder and a future captain (?)

Soo offer Stendardo/Mutarelli/Mudinguay/Zauri or what ever .. bring him in!!!

And yes the picture says it all .. get him now!
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:12 pm

I agree with you all that Pinzi is a laziale and all...
But do we need him? If he comes, would u sideline Dabo or Ledesma or even Mudingayi to let him play? I think not...not to consider that we have still Baronio, Firmani, Mutarelli....
Fernandez can play on the right wing so he would cover the eventual departure of Behrami...plus is is more offensive than Pinzi so he can also play behind the strikers...
Therefore, I would buy Fernandez and ONLY if we sell Baronio, Mutarelli AND Mudingayi think about bringing Pinzi...
I would not even start commenting on his more then mediocre performances for Udinese last season...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:22 pm

one of the main reasons for Pinzi's poor performance last season was his lack of motivation. He's been at Udinese all of his career, he needs a challenge, something to thrive upon.

Either Pinzi or Augusto Fernandez will be brought in to replace Behrami if he leaves. Their versatility means Rossi can sell Mutarelli and Baronio and still have enough cover.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 123
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:54 am

drazvan wrote:
But do we need him? If he comes, would u sideline Dabo or Ledesma or even Mudingayi to let him play? I think not...not to consider that we have still Baronio, Firmani, Mutarelli....

Well in my opinion he´s better than Dabo/Mudy/Muta and he can also be the vice-ledesma we so badly lacked last season.. I would sideline Muta/Mudy without any hesitation .. Dabo has proven that he can make Ledesma better just like he did with Liverani so Dabo or Pinzi is a delicate question .. but I think Pinzi would give us more options on the pitch so that we aren't all that predictable as we were last season (more or less everything went trough Ledesma) .. and Pinzi havin a bad season last year .. well Mutarelli & Mudingayi didn't perform all that well last season either

Even if I know next to nothing about Fernandez i would rather see us get Pinzi than Fernandez .. if we can't get them both that is

And it's a little hard to know how many midfielders we need since we don't know what formation Rossi gonna use next season
Bringing in Pinzi & Fernandez and the midfield would probably be like this next season

Central: Ledesma, Dabo, Firmani, Mudingayi, Pinzi
Left: Mauri, Manfredini
Right: Meghni, Fernandez

Baronio is almost gone .. Mutarelli will leave in the end too I guess .. Foggia seems to leave again unfortunately this time for good
I would have put up Mauri, Mudingayi, Manfredini for sale too .. but Rossi doesn't agree with me it seems Wink
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:22 am

Rossi seems to want to keep the faith with some players, which you can understand considering we got to 3rd with them a couple of seasons back.

wow, Pinzi in a Lazio shirt is a fantastic thought, when you really think about it, it would be brilliant for us.
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 58
Country and city : Montreal
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:47 am

ClockworkOrange wrote:
drazvan wrote:

Well in my opinion he´s better than Dabo/Mudy/Muta and he can also be the vice-ledesma we so badly lacked last season.. I would sideline Muta/Mudy without any hesitation .. Dabo has proven that he can make Ledesma better just like he did with Liverani so Dabo or Pinzi is a delicate question .. but I think Pinzi would give us more options on the pitch so that we aren't all that predictable as we were last season (more or less everything went trough Ledesma) .. and Pinzi havin a bad season last year .. well Mutarelli & Mudingayi didn't perform all that well last season either

Even if I know next to nothing about Fernandez i would rather see us get Pinzi than Fernandez .. if we can't get them both that is

And it's a little hard to know how many midfielders we need since we don't know what formation Rossi gonna use next season
Bringing in Pinzi & Fernandez and the midfield would probably be like this next season

Central: Ledesma, Dabo, Firmani, Mudingayi, Pinzi
Left: Mauri, Manfredini
Right: Meghni, Fernandez

Baronio is almost gone .. Mutarelli will leave in the end too I guess .. Foggia seems to leave again unfortunately this time for good
I would have put up Mauri, Mudingayi, Manfredini for sale too .. but Rossi doesn't agree with me it seems Wink

i find the trio of pinzi ledesma and dabo would be excellent...we have our box to box mid in pinzi, and thats what weve been lacking....
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:43 am

Don't tell me that we are stick with Manfredinho for another year?

Sometimes I don't get Rossi at all. What the hell have he against Foggia and why does he love Manfredini so much???? Even we, not proffesional coaches recognies the huge difference in the skills of those two and, yet, Rossi stick with his plan? scratch

I strongly belive that Manfredini pays for his place in Lazio. He must have it, cuz I haven't seen usseless player in any team, like Manfredini and still play quite number of matches.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:46 am

Pinzi in a Lazio shirt would be awesome.... a good, crafty player with good Serie A and some European experience and to top that off, is a Laziale Very Happy .... but I also agree with some prior comments that do we really need him?

If Lotito can offload a few midfielders (perhaps 2-3) which are hardly used then I would definitely jump in for him!
Also if he comes does that mean the Fernandez dealings may be off?
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:15 am

I would have thought so but the media reports seem to suggest they could both come, Fernandez is seen as a replacement for Behrami, whereas Pinzi will be to replace Mutarelli and Baronio.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:36 am

Everything surrounding Pinzi is a bit confusing at this moment...

These are the hypothesis...

Sampdoria are said to be very close to Pinzi as well and according to some news they could complete the transfer very soon. However, Sampdoria are linked to many midfielders, including Sergio Almiròn (who we refused some time ago) and they also expressed an interest (not more) in our Mutarelli as well as Dessena from Parma.

It seems as if Udinese would prefer to deal with Lazio though, since the proposed exchange with Stendardo would solve their need of a central defender, but it remains to be seen if they can convince Stendardo about coming to a club with a lower profile than Lazio/Juventus.

Pinzi/Fernadéz: It remains to be seen if they would come both of them, I don´t think so. It seems as if Fernandéz is first priority, but the experience of Carrizo´s passport last year scares Lotito, who might have lined up Pinzi as the "replacement" in case he fails to sign Fernandéz. A bit like we seemed to have done with Amoruso, who was lined up in case the argentine mission (Palacio/Zaratè) failed.

In any case, the main priority for Lotito in this moment is to sell players. 40 are way too many from all points of view. Especially considering the team atmosphere. It´s not healthy for the environment to have that many players, who will never get a chance to play. Without a Sporting Director, Lotito works all alone on all fronts, which obviously slows down any process.

In that case the coming week until the departure for Auronzo is important, since the number of players we manage to get rid of is also decisive for how many we are able to bring in...
Back to top Go down
The Big Payback
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 206
Country and city : England, Sunderland
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Pinzi seeks Udinese exit Tuesday 8 July, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giampiero Pinzi is looking for “a new experience” and a move away from Udinese, as three Serie A clubs line up.

“After eight years, he wants to try out a new experience,” said agent Danilo Caravello of the midfielder.

“He has a contract until 2012, but if the situation presents itself I don't see Udinese having any problems in letting him go.

“After all, they have just signed Fernando Tissone from Atalanta and he will be a great replacement for the middle of the park.”

There are already several top sides interested in picking up Pinzi for this season.

“Lazio and Bologna are indeed two options that the Udinese directors are negotiating with, but I would also add Sampdoria to that list, as they are interested in the player and need a midfielder.”

There are reports that the Biancocelesti lead the race by offering defender Guglielmo Stendardo in a straight swap deal.

“The different wage expectations could be a hurdle, but if everyone wants to come together and make this happen, then it is easily overcome,” continued Caravello.

“First of all the clubs have to reach an agreement and then these are mere details that can be faced when the time comes.

“I do think Pinzi fits in with the Lazio wage structure, although I cannot comment on Stendardo's situation because he is not my client.”

It would be a return to the Olimpico for Pinzi, who is from Rome and grew up in the Lazio youth system, although he never made a Serie A appearance for them.

The 27-year-old left the Aquile in 2000, spending the rest of his club career at Udinese and earning one senior international cap in 2005.

Channel 4
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Pinzi is a quality player, he is Laziale and he wants to play for us. Sign him straight away. not every day a player like this comes along.

he also has a cap for Italia, so definitely would add something to our midfield and is better all round than Mutarelli because he can also be useful going forward

Goerlandt
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 273
Country and city : Belgium-Waregem
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Let's get him Lotito!
Back to top Go down
tjamenovic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 230
Country and city : Bandung

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:52 pm

The story about Pinzi is quite unusual for me.

It was at year 2000, I dont know which Championship Manager I played, first time I fall in love with him.
I was playing CM with a friend and in last days of mercato I just need a cheap player. I did a random search by name and I stop at Giampiero Pinzi. Somehow, I dont know, I really interested in him. He had a bad stat and not a promising but then I really bought him to my team (it was Lazio I think). My friend only laughing at me for buying an unknown bad player.
I was truly have no idea that he was a Lazio man and a Roman born Laziale.

Later I knew about it and I just say WOW!

And know, we really close to get him. If we get him, its was a strange "coincidence" for me. But I would say it was a "premonition".

Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:57 pm

Pinzi is so close to a return.

it would be great to have pinzi ledesma and fernandez. affraid
Back to top Go down
IRR87
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 110
Country and city : Belgium Turnhout
Laziale since : 2005
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:09 pm

i'd welcome him with arms wide open!
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:38 pm

only if we sell Baronio, Mutarelli and Inzaghi...only then...
Back to top Go down
howie
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 115
Country and city : Los Angeles, USA
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:16 am

Sign a damn sporting director first then we can start all these transfers Lottito!!

If he works alone, I'm afraid our squad will stay exactly the same as it is now. Big, lack of talent, unhealthy atmosphere and unbalanced.

Anyways, Pinzi is great. He can also play on the right wing. A it more passing and dribbling ability compared to Gaby and Muta. Gooddd! bounce
Back to top Go down
Goerlandt
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 273
Country and city : Belgium-Waregem
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:39 am

howie wrote:
Sign a damn sporting director first then we can start all these transfers Lottito!!

If he works alone, I'm afraid our squad will stay exactly the same as it is now. Big, lack of talent, unhealthy atmosphere and unbalanced.

Anyways, Pinzi is great. He can also play on the right wing. A it more passing and dribbling ability compared to Gaby and Muta. Gooddd! bounce

No that's not true I think. Lotito is a good businessman and he knows better than anyone that he has to sell some players. I'm not afraid of this. At the end of the mercato Baronio, Manfredini, Vignaroli, Tare... They will be gone.

And Pinzi, I hope that Lotito gets him. But the deal is really close, I have faith in it.

Avanti!
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:26 pm

Tare is our new director!
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:29 pm

according to Corriere, this deal is almost complete, just the final details need to be sorted.

Lazio have agreed with Udinese and Pinzi wants to come of course, because he is laziale himself

it will be a swap deal, Stendardo to Friuli, Pinzi to Formello.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giampiero Pinzi   Today at 7:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Giampiero Pinzi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Transfer & rumours about SS Lazio-
Jump to: