AuthorMessage
El Piojo
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 8
Country and city : Sweden, Norrk÷ping
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Lazio's offensive suffered tremendously last season because of Mudy's lack of technical skills.
...and not to mention all the counter attacks he was responsible for.

Mudy may have fought well, but so can also other players fight - he's definitely replaceable.

Cred to Lotito for making Bologna pay all this money for Gaby (Il presidente's best deal so far?).
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:27 pm

I just linkef LazioFever with Gaby official web site.
I informed the webmaster about our messages and he will print each one of them because, at this time, he received more then 300 mails of Greetings and goodbye to Gaby.

So , if you like to write a message or a letter to him i invite you to post here or to write directly to him at: gaby@gabymudingayi.com
Always remember to sign the email with Nickname and Laziofever.org

Thanks

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Forza & bye Goby:******** i hope u be succes with bolognia, now it's time that we get matuzalem or esven better player instead
Back to top Go down
Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 213
Country and city : England
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:25 pm

First of all, nothing but respect for Gaby. The guy played with his heart on his sleeve week in week out for us, always gave everything he had for the shirt. A big thankyou from me, i really admired his work ethic for us, especially in the last 2 seasons. All the best Gaby, i hope you are a success at Bologna.

Secondly, i think this is a very good deal for Lazio. We must remember we got Gaby for nothing, and no we are selling him for 6m Euros. In my eyes, its a brilliant deal from our side. Also 'cause i think from now on his value was only going to decrease with the new players coming in, and lack potential lack of playing time.

The fact is that, as much spirit as Gaby showed, his techinical qualities usually let him down. He was great at breaking the oppositions attacks down, but then he would either lose the ball or give it to Ledesma, who has enough preasure on his shoulders as it is. In modern football for a midfielder to be a success he needs to have a game going forward as well as being strong defensively, but i think Gaby's offensive game was more of a burden to us than a benefit. A player like Matuzalem is a step up in quality in my opinion.

All in all, it is probably in the best interests of everyone this deal goes through.

In any case, a big GRAZIE to Gaby for everything he did for us in the past 3 years.
Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:55 pm

Gaby was a def. midfeild

What is the replacement for dabo now ??? matuzalem and fernandez are offensive so no
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:50 pm

AbedElkader wrote:
Gaby was a def. midfeild

What is the replacement for dabo now ??? matuzalem and fernandez are offensive so no

That is what I also am a bit worried about..of course we have Dabo, and Mutarelli is still with us even though he is probably to leave...if we are to play 352 or 343 it will be enough with one player solely DM, but if mister is to play like last year we are pretty screwed...new players arriving??
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:53 pm

i know we had plenty of other defensive midfielders, but i always saw Gaby as a real stopper and the most intimidating part of our midfield. in that sense, it sucks to see him go, but considering the restructuring we're doing to our midfield I think it's okay to let him leave and collect some cash for him.

caio mudy!
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Do you really think around 5.5mil is that much? He is not too old, he has the capability to still develop and he plays with commitment every single time he is on the pitch...its good money, and we need to get rid of players, but I think there are other players that should have left before him...

I will miss him in the team, even though I am aware of the fact that he had a quite weak last season and that he was a pain when throwing away the ball not even being able to play a short pass correctly...but still..I will miss him loads!
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:02 am

Cash wrote:
Do you really think around 5.5mil is that much? He is not too old, he has the capability to still develop and he plays with commitment every single time he is on the pitch...its good money, and we need to get rid of players, but I think there are other players that should have left before him...

I will miss him in the team, even though I am aware of the fact that he had a quite weak last season and that he was a pain when throwing away the ball not even being able to play a short pass correctly...but still..I will miss him loads!

5.5 million is quite a lot for a DM with close to no offensive capabilities. Now, I really loved Gaby's fighting spirit but I was also often exasperated by his stupid fouls and incredible number of missed short passes. If his passing is so rudimentary at this age, I don't see mcuh chance of it ever getting much better. We all remember the massive difference that Dabo's ability to hold up a ball and pass it calmly around made in February-march this year, do we not? Sure, there are quite a few worse players than Gaby in our team but no one wants to give money for the likes of Firmani, alas.

Quote :
That is what I also am a bit worried about..of course we have Dabo, and Mutarelli is still with us even though he is probably to leave...if we are to play 352 or 343 it will be enough with one player solely DM, but if mister is to play like last year we are pretty screwed...new players arriving??

Matuzalem is probably coming (and if not we should buy some CM) and even if he isn't we can play Mauri, Meghni or Manfredini, Ledesma and Dabo give a lot of defensive cover even if the third CM happens to be bad tackler.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:07 am

I know you are right, I am aware that I am blinded by the love I have to players that give everything they have always and no matter what..

I agree that Dabo is a lot better to have on the pitch as a starter, but I think Gaby would have been a better back-op than anyone else...however, we are not getting 6mil for any other DM of the team...

So, all in all, it is a good deal but I think everyone will miss his commitment...
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:41 am

http://www.gabymudingayi.com/slides/22.html

http://www.gabymudingayi.com/slides/16.html

http://www.gabymudingayi.com/slides/9.html

And more on Gaby official website.

LofL
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 298
Country and city : Flor°, Norway
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:44 am

Damn, I didnt think Gaby was likely to leave this summer. A real fighter that have always been one of my favorites at Lazio.

Even if he could be an ideal backup for Dabo I think Lotito made a very good deal here, its been a long time since clubs payed that much for one of our backup players.

Good luck Gaby and hope you do well at Bologna.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:39 am

Gaby was a fighter, but is definately replaceable. Thanks for all your dedication and honour you showed to our team!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:44 am

Gaby is good enough to play a part in any side in the world, his fighting spirit is an asset to any team.

he will be greatly missed at Lazio, but I think it's a good deal for the club and for Mudi himself.

I wish him all the best at Bologna.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:12 am

I am real sad that Gaby has left Lazio Crying or Very sad he was definitely one of my favourites.... I even wanted to get a shirt with his name and number on it. Although since Dabo arrived he was probably preferred as Rossi's second choice, I still loved his efforts and dedication and love for the biancocelesti shirt. I am sure we will all terribly miss him and will always hope he does well wherever he plays. He is a great addition to any team and hopefully he does well at Bologna. I will never forget the great game he gave in the 3-0 derby win 2 seasons ago. A terrific player and really sad to see him leave, even for a good fee.

Grazie Gaby!

FORZA MUDINGAYI!!!!
Back to top Go down
Darran
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 80
Country and city : Singapore
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:15 am

A player who fights hard and deserves our respect. He was professional all these while despite Rossi claiming he was part of the first team but always placed in the second. Thank you Gaby for all you have done for this beautiful shirt, we wish you the best of luck in your career.
Back to top Go down
Demonheunet2
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 46
Country and city : USA, Fresno
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:31 am

Darran wrote:
A player who fights hard and deserves our respect. He was professional all these while despite Rossi claiming he was part of the first team but always placed in the second. Thank you Gaby for all you have done for this beautiful shirt, we wish you the best of luck in your career.

That's so true! He was always in the second team!!
Back to top Go down
Slyyr
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 29
Country and city : Helsinki, Finland

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:51 am

Too bad, he was gold in 2006-2007. I guess it was the season of his career.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:00 am

Perfect transfer, I liked his devotion but he was more harmful than useful for us, especially last season.
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:19 pm

Dear Gaby,

In the last 2 years you were among the best players in your position, but last year was awful for the whole team members with some minor exceptions.

For me, I would be pleased if you remained, becasue I do believe that there are too many players are still with us and they don't belong to a great side like Lazio! it is a shame and disgrace for every body participated in your move out of Rome.

I will never forget the Non Mollare Mai spirit in you, all what I know is that you did all what you could do for S.S. LAZIO Neutral

CRAZIE GABY
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:16 am

"Dear Lazio, I'll miss you"

After three seasons in Rome, Gabi Mudingayi leaves Lazio for Bologna. The operation will be closed at around five millions euro (it's likely that this amount will include the second half of Meghni too). In an exclusive interview to Lazialita.it, Mudingayi talks about his last day as Laziale, and thanks all the biancocelesti fans: "They have always supported me".

I: You seem very sad.
"I'm very sad - he says - I felt Laziale deep inside me, and I thought I could stay here until the end of my career. The thought of leaving Rome, my teammates and the fans makes me very sad".

I: When did you find out about the attention from Bologna?
"A few days ago my agent told me about that, but I thought it was just a rumour. I didn't think it was serious".

I: Then what happened?
"Yesterday I talked to Lotito and he confirmed the will of the club to bring the negotiations forward. Moreover, he told me that Lazio could not guarantee me with a spot in the starting eleven. Anyway, I want to stress the fact that I never asked for a spot in the starting eleven. I only complained about the treatment that I was given at the end of the past season. Afterwards, I started the preseason training sure to be able to play my cards, but it won't be like that now".

I: This summer you could end your contract with Lazio by exploiting the article 17, but you didn't do it.
"A form of respect towards Lazio. When I arrived I was welcomed in a great way from everyone. The fans always sided with me. I had been told about many bad things about the Lazio fans, but it was all false. They were always very nice to me and I will never forget their chants in the stadium".

I: You've started this season with Lazio. What's your opinion on the newcomers?
"Carrizo is very strong and confident. Zarate has great skills. I'm sorry to leave because I'm sure Lazio will do very well this season"

I: Did you have the chance to talk to Rossi?
"We saluted each other on the first day; in the last days we only talked about tactics. I was waiting for a few days to meet up and clarify what had happened in June between the two of us"

I: A new adventure for you is about to start.
"I'm happy about the interest from Bologna. I wanted to stay at Lazio, but then I understood the situation: on the one hand there was a club that wanted to sell me; on the other, a club that wanted me. So, i decided to leave."

source: lazialita.it
translation: Conn, Laziofever
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:30 am

And We will miss you Gaby!
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:13 am

Regarding what he said about article 17,I must say he's,from now,part of our history!!!!He has a great personality,he should be the teacher of bastard-behrami.Im curious how many players from the current squad feel like this for Lazio????A great player is leaving our team.A person with passion,ambition,with biancoceleste blood,and who gives a lot of respect to the club.We must respect him for what he did,that time when he was at Lazio.
RESPECT GABY!!!!I'LL MISS YOU!!!THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!!
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:31 am

Quote :
Anyway, I want to stress the fact that I never asked for a spot in the starting eleven. I only complained about the treatment that I was given at the end of the past season.
Why are you leaving, when you didn't demand starting spot ? What treatments at the end of past season ?

Quote :
Did you have the chance to talk to Rossi?
"We saluted each other on the first day; in the last days we only talked about tactics. I was waiting for a few days to meet up and clarify what had happened in June between the two of us"

It smells as very cold environment, I don't know but when tranquil player like Mudy doesn't speak with the coach, what can we expect from the others.....

Quote :
LaziOttimo
Quote :
Regarding what he said about article 17,I must say he's,from now,part of our history!!!!He has a great personality,he should be the teacher of bastard-behrami.

But Behrami will leave with transfer fee for West Ham ? Am I correct, the same situation like the very devoted Mudy.........
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:31 am

usampa wrote:
Quote :
Anyway, I want to stress the fact that I never asked for a spot in the starting eleven. I only complained about the treatment that I was given at the end of the past season.
Why are you leaving, when you didn't demand starting spot ? What treatments at the end of past season ?

Quote :
Did you have the chance to talk to Rossi?

It smells as very cold environment, I don't know but when tranquil player like Mudy doesn't speak with the coach, what can we expect from the others.....

Quote :
LaziOttimo
Quote :
Regarding what he said about article 17,I must say he's,from now,part of our history!!!!He has a great personality,he should be the teacher of bastard-behrami.

But Behrami will leave with transfer fee towards West Ham ? Am I correct, the same situation like the very devoted Mudy.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaby Mudingayi   Today at 11:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Gaby Mudingayi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: SS Lazio Roster-
Jump to: