LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:45 pm

West Ham finished 10th, big deal

the way the EPL is, they have no hope of ever finishing in the top 4 no matter how much money they spend, and considering Lucas Neill is considered one of their best, I cant see them making UEFA Cup...

we are a side that is moving forward, not much money but still capable of playing Champions League, plenty of good prospects as a team, over 108 years of history, playing in what is the best city in the world. Behrami was a hero here after that goal against Riomma, why the f*** would he want to leave???

cause he is simply a mercenary, plays for money not the shirt. and itsdisappointing too, cause he will be a class player

Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:50 pm

not many players out there give a sh*t about the shirt they wear.....
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:55 pm

Roman_Eagle wrote:
not many players out there give a sh*t about the shirt they wear.....

yeh but considering Behrami's background, you'd think he'd show a little more respect to the club that made him the star he is

if he does move to a club and it doesnt work out and he finds himself on the bench or playing for a low team while watching his former teammates play CL on television, i hope he remembers where he came from and regrets leaving SS Lazio 1900 simply because if it wasnt for us, no one would want him.

The Big Payback
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 206
Country and city : England, Sunderland
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:13 pm

Giolazio wrote:
http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/15072008/44/mercato-fiore-okaka-corradi-31.html

We are close to the Uruguayan Caballero and West Ham is closest to Behrami.

I find it hilarious that Behrami wanted to leave to compete at a higher level but it's teams like West Ham that are linked with him.

Your article also says something about Lecce and Toro battling for Russotto I think Crying or Very sad and that Reggina hope to bring in Inzaginho.
Back to top Go down
rockybalboa83
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 393
Country and city : Australia,Melbourne
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:23 pm

Caxi wrote:
rockybalboa83 wrote:
Giolazio wrote:
http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/15072008/44/mercato-fiore-okaka-corradi-31.html

We are close to the Uruguayan Caballero and West Ham is closest to Behrami.

I find it hilarious that Behrami wanted to leave to compete at a higher level but it's teams like West Ham that are linked with him.

Behrami would rather leave Lazio for a no hoper team like west ham??? This guy is not a Laziale...

Any idea of transfer fee for behrami?

Also any idea of how good Caballero is?

To be honest with you, West Ham were a solid Top 10 side in the EPL last year, whereas, we ended up 12th. Also, West Ham have better finances and can pay him a nice juicy salary. We can't, and even if we could, Lotito wouldn't give him it.

Caballero plays in the uruguayan league I think. If so, that says he's not that great, otherwise he'd be in argentina or brazil at least.

Caxi did West ham qualify for the CL in the last say.....20 years? Cmon lets not give credit to such a poor, yo yo club...EPL there are 4 good teams..The rest are mediocre at best....Behrami has developed through lazio's tuition...good luck getting that further development in england and with West Ham playing with players like Carlton Cole, John Pantsil, Bobby Zamora?

Don't put our great club up against such a pathetic club...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:34 pm

oh, I wasn't, but from Behrami's perspective, a non-laziale who is absent of loyalty, that's what he sees. He's too narrowminded to see where Lazio could be, he only sees where we are as of now.

West Ham are a team that can move forward, but Lazio have the better chanec. I'm not suggesting for one minute that West Ham can be more successful, all I'm saying is Behrami is the kind of idiot who may think like that.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 123
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:26 pm

rockybalboa83 wrote:
Caxi did West ham qualify for the CL in the last say.....20 years? Cmon lets not give credit to such a poor, yo yo club...EPL there are 4 good teams..The rest are mediocre at best....Behrami has developed through lazio's tuition...good luck getting that further development in england and with West Ham playing with players like Carlton Cole, John Pantsil, Bobby Zamora?

Don't put our great club up against such a pathetic club...

Well I guess we all see things differently .. but to call West Ham pathetic club .. ever heard of Bobby Moore for example .. or maybe Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard .. what do they have in common?

just because they aren't one of the "big" clubs with major cash doesn't mean they are pathetic .. if the only thing that counts is glory and winning well well .. I would say there are a few other things that are important but what do I know

And what's the name of the Italian guy who played his magic there for years .. spread so much magic that his name is stíll sung regularly by the fans .. yeah .. Paolo Di Canio .. ever heard of that guy?

Yeah Premier League is smelling as? .. hmm yes of course Seria is da smelling as in comparison .. Siena, Calgiari, Catania, Reggina are really top notch aren't they

And of course he would develope much more in Lazio playing with players like Manfredini, Vignaroli, Del Nero

It all depends from what perspective you look at things don't .. supporting a club like Lazio with all our troubles trough the years really make one feel sympathy towards the hammers which have had their fair share of troubles trough the years and just as our tifosi their fans has always been loyal and supported their club through thick and thin

But as I said I guess we all see things differently .. in my eyes West Ham is an club with history and worth my support .. you can go on and call them pathetic

Sorry for going off topic .. so lets return on-topic .. an ITK-source on a West Ham forum claims Behrami has signed a pre-contract with them .. but now Behrami is thinking about joining Werder Bremen .. as far as I know Behrami to Bremen would mean we get peanuts for him whilst that pathetic club West Ham don't want to take advantage of article 17 and rapportedly is willing to pay us something like €10M for Behrami
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:36 pm

ClockworkOrange look at things objectively

regardless of which u think is the better league (I think Serie A, but thats another story) one fact remains.

The top 4 in EPL is the same almost each year, West Ham will not make the 4.

Serie A is more competitive, we have a chance, a small one, but still a fair chance of making CL. We will go places, we can mix it with the best and we have shown that.

which league pays more cash - EPL

which league develops players of a higher quality - Serie A

I have no doubt Behrami will go for the money, but it would be a bad decision.

Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:47 pm

West Ham and Lazio have won a similar amount of trophies, West Ham may have won more but they have more competitions to compete in. West Ham are famous for the 60's, but that's about it.

History counts for a lot, but in the Behrami instance, it counts for nothing. The guy has no sense of history!

Lazio qualified for the CL two years ago and as c.testa said, we have a slim chance to do so again.

West Ham do not, but they can pay more money and spend more on transfers. Remember that a certain Tevez and Mascherano was playing for them 2 years ago.

Their league position was better, but similar to ours, Behrami may think he's going to a better club, but I disagree.

They can't break their Top 4, we can, but they can easily spend a few million on Behrami's transfer and salary. That is the deciding factor for Behrami I'm sure.

Such a shame, a hero to zero in what? 6 months, maybe less? Disaster.

on another note, Samaras has signed for Celtic, so another player to cross off the rumours list.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:27 pm

I did not argue that EPL is better than Seria A .. I was simply reacting to West Ham being called pathetic .. nothing more nothing less .. even if it might have seemed so .. I'm not used to argument in english so it might be easy to misunderstand me

I my eyes you actually can't compare the leagues because the football being played in them are really different .. it's like comparing apples and pears

Yes West Ham will be a midtable team for many years to come .. maybe they can reach 6th place on a good season .. but thats a big maybe

And we just might reach the 4th place if we have a superseason .. we shouldn't forget that we qualified to CL 2 years ago thanks to calciopolli
Now Juve is back to strength, Viola has a strong team and Inter & merda is always top4 nowadays .. Milan is slipping behind but I think thats just temporarily .. so it will be very diffcult to break into the top4 in the future .. we simply won't have the financial muscles that are needed .. our aim should always be to qualify for the Uefa-cup and anything better will be a great bonus

That Behrami is leaving in search of gold should be evident to everybody so I didn't feel the need to point that out
That him moving is a bad decision I totally agree .. leaving Lazio where he has the confidence of the coach... if he's healthy he always plays .. he's was becoming something of a cult hero to the fans for his fighting spirit and the goal in the derby .. we are as you say more likely to qualify for europe in the next coming years .. but for footballers of today money is always the first priority
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:37 pm

With Behra , West Ham could break top 4, hahaha tongue

Now who do you prefer between Lichtsteiner and that Uruguayan wonder ? Even if I am not giving much credit to the Swiss guy, i would choose him. Since the big blunder Muslera I became very skeptic with urugayan players linked wit Lazio.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:43 pm

usampa wrote:
With Behra , West Ham could break top 4, hahaha tongue

Now who do you prefer between Lichtsteiner and that Uruguayan wonder ? Despite I am not giving much credit to the Swiss guy, i would choose him. Since the big blunder Muslera I became very skeptic with urugayan players linked wit Lazio.

Hehe well he might just lift them to 9th next season who knows Wink

Well I wouldn't choose any of them .. I stated somewhere else that I believe we have enough cover in that position .. Belleri is more than enough for this season .. we shouldn't spend money on a backup player

I think we should focus on strenghtening our midfield that in this moment is more about quantity than quality ..use the money to get Pinzi or Fernandez
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:52 pm

I don't want to choose either , but apparently they are going for some of them , thats why I have made that enquiry.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:59 pm

At this rate,by the time the mercato closes,we'll have 45 players in our roster.
Every day we get linked with another young prospect,which is good because we're looking for established young talents who are already in their respective NT's,but before we snatch them we really should get rid of the deadweights and other players we do not intend to rely on in the following season.

There is a definite need for a right midfielder obviously,and it's a shame that the Stendardo-Pinzi swap is likely to fail,we would have "killed two birds with one stone",and this example leads me to believe Lotito is not being assertive enough.Instead of setting a clear goal and pursuing it we depend on other teams' wishes and desires.Instead of making clear cuts we're waiting to see what Juve's and Napoli's intentions regarding their defensive needs are.

The longer we wait,the harder it'll be to sign quality players.God help us if we wait for the last day to buy 7-8 players

Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:12 pm

what I'm seeing from this mercato is Lotito lining up replacements for players he has yet to sell. that is why we have made no new signings of late.

I'm pretty sure Lichtsteiner wants a move to Lazio and I'm also sure Lotito is waiting to see where Belleri and Behrami goes first.

I think Lotito is trying to avoid that last day signing scenario by lining up players so that when he gets rid of the deadwood, he is ready to bring the new men in.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:37 pm

usampa wrote:
I don't want to choose either , but apparently they are going for some of them , thats why I have made that enquiry.

OK .. well then I have to go with Lichtensteiner .. cheaper, EU-player, probably will have easier adapt to the team .. and according to those on here that has seen him play he's pretty good
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:51 pm

i hear nothing else on fernandez these days Crying or Very sad

iwas really hoping we would get him.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:01 pm

ClockworkOrange wrote:
usampa wrote:

OK .. well then I have to go with Lichtensteiner .. cheaper, EU-player, probably will have easier adapt to the team .. and according to those on here that has seen him play he's pretty good

Ehm,how exactly does this work,Lichtsteiner only has a Swiss passport,and Switzerland is not an EU country...

Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:59 pm

valdanito_10 wrote:
i hear nothing else on fernandez these days Crying or Very sad

i was really hoping we would get him.

I read some where that we are waiting to sell 1st, we have too many players inside the club that are blocking the new arrivals. I don't see Rossi depending on Manfradeni on the LCM position by no means.

At least, I still read his name in the italian newspapers

Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:20 pm

Again: Fernandez plays on the right, not on the left. On the left we have Mauri and Foggia. But Rossi is preparing to play 3-4-3 which would mean that Kolarov and probably De Silvestri will play on the wings...
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 784
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:27 pm

Be more patient guys .. Lotito has first to sell some of the players which wont be used by Rossi and then he can think about more new signings Wink
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:49 pm

drazvan wrote:
Again: Fernandez plays on the right, not on the left. On the left we have Mauri and Foggia. But Rossi is preparing to play 3-4-3 which would mean that Kolarov and probably De Silvestri will play on the wings...

Fernandez can play every where in the midfield!!! but his favoruite position is the right side.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:53 pm

yes, Fernandez is great for depth, as is Manfredini. If we're in a serious crisis, he can play either left or right, I mean, he's lost a lot of his ability but it's better than paying a lot of money to bring in 2 players to cover his positions.

things are looking good now.
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:31 am

I don`t know why they don`t get rid of Manfredini. It`s also true that..i don`t know who is dumb enaugh to buy him..
Back to top Go down
LofL
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 298
Country and city : Florø, Norway
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:48 am

Sile wrote:
ClockworkOrange wrote:
usampa wrote:

Ehm,how exactly does this work,Lichtsteiner only has a Swiss passport,and Switzerland is not an EU country...

Its still a western eurpoean country so he wouldnt need a special passport playing for us, its the same with Norwegian players when they sign for european clubs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Today at 12:42 am

Back to top Go down

Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next