drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Actually we are commenting on players linked to a transfer from Lazio, so to be honest I don't see any reason why not to continue here...
At this moment we are not actually linked with too many players (Moti and Fernandez only) so our exit mercato is also important.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLazio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 177
Country and city : Denmark, Gentofte
Laziale since : a long time ago...
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:54 pm

so now it seems that moti wont arrive...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:22 pm

drazvan wrote:
Actually we are commenting on players linked to a transfer from Lazio, so to be honest I don't see any reason why not to continue here...
At this moment we are not actually linked with too many players (Moti and Fernandez only) so our exit mercato is also important.

good point, but I personally think it's too general a discussion at the minute for it to warrant being held here. it's a player discussion more so than a discussion about the transferring of players. my only reason to suggest it should be moved elsewhere is because I think you would get a greater debate there than in this thread where the majority of people are just checking in on transfer rumours.

the exit mercato is important, but as far i'm concerned, there's not much happening there either. things seemed to have stalled on both fronts.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:44 pm

Caxi wrote:
the exit mercato is important, but as far i'm concerned, there's not much happening there either. things seemed to have stalled on both fronts.
Soon , we will move again. We cant expect transfers in and out per hour. I have read today is the final time for West Ham to sign Behra, also Stendardo deal is very close....
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:48 pm

Romanian laziali - please tell us what you honestly think of Moti, is he truly good enough to play in Serie A and more importantly, is he good enough to play for Lazio?

Its down to him and Dainelli, and while Dainelli was poor last season, before that he was extremely reliable and as he is only 28 or 29, is at the prime age for a defender. I would take him instantly at Lazio.

-

the mercato di uscita`, well I believe in any good midfield, its good to have variety and versatile players. I think you also need the tough midfielders, those who add cover to the defence. We lost a fighter in Mudy, so I believe we should keep Mutarelli and Firmani. They're not outstanding skill-wise, but they are the kind of players every good side has, those who work hard, tackle hard and add the grinta` to the team. You won't see Firmani give up in a Lazio shirt.

Mauri is a talent. Unlike others, I haven't lost faith in him because fact is, he was good enough only 12 months ago to play for Italy. You don't lose that ability all of a sudden. For him to deserve a place in the new-lazio, with Foggia and possibly Fernandez adding competition, he needs to show he is willing to work for the team. If we get a good offer, let him go. Otherwise, keep him, but he must earn his place, and only then will we see the talent of Stefano Mauri.

LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:42 pm

I don't think he is the best option right now.I'm expecting us to sign a defender with experience,who gives confidence to the whole team.Serie A experience or international experience(maybe).I'm not a big fan of the Romanian championship,probably that's why I don't want to see Moti at Lazio.Otherwise he hasn't got international experience and in the first year I say that probably he would be a starter on the bench.My opinion is that we need something else in this moment.I know he's young and so on,but between Moti and Dainelli I would choose Tuia or maybe Dainelli.Moti isn't a starter in the national team and I say he will never be.Then why to sign him?We cannot make experiences with players in the forthcoming Serie A,we need something certain,if we want to achieve something.
The only hope that his signing would be a succes is,that he could play again with his former colleague from Dinamo's defence.
Probably there are other people with different opinions,but I don't see him as the best solution for Lazio.Our squad's level is higher than Moti's.
Regarding Dainelli,I say that we can't count on him.There are better options out there I think,valuable defenders who we can afford too.
In that case if we sign someone from these too,I hope that I'll will be wrong regarding my opinion and next year I wish I could say:"Sorry,I was wrong,he's a quality player"

Forza LAZIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:20 pm

A Romanian fellow on another forum says Moti is better than Radu...let's hope he is right.

Quote :
I'm expecting us to sign a defender with experience,who gives confidence to the whole team

Why? We already signed Rozehnal who has over 40 matches for his NT, we have Siviglia who is experienced to put it mildly, Cribari has spent a lot of time in Serie A too.

Quote :
.Moti isn't a starter in the national team and I say he will never be.

Radu is not a starter either. Romania's defence these days is very strong. Anyway, he can hardly be worse than Dainelli, he has been a disaster every time I have watched him in the last season-season and a half. When he had to replace Gamberini Fiorentina's defence was like thee times weaker. And most importantly, if we take Moti on loan, we lose little if he flops. If we sign Dainelli, I doubt we will be able to get rid of him easily if he happens to flop.
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Matrim wrote:
Why? We already signed Rozehnal who has over 40 matches for his NT, we have Siviglia who is experienced to put it mildly, Cribari has spent a lot of time in Serie A too.

-Siviglia is 36 YEARS OLD Matrim?????
-Rozehnal was not that solid with Lazio and Newcastle before, right? but to be honest he was intresting to watch in EURO 2008
-I will not comment on Cribari as I said enough about him before.

As somebody said earlier, I would either pick Zapate or Felipe from Udineses any time, eventhough it is hard to find quality defenders at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:15 pm

Moti is only 23/24, so he's got 6 or 7 years of improvement in him. I haven't seen much of him, but he could be good in the future.

The only thing is, we need someone who is good now, not in the future, Domizzi fitted the bill, but that's gone now. Zapata and Felipe are a bit suspect to me, I'd rather have Cribari or Stendardo, but Zapata will be a top defender.
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 58
Country and city : Montreal
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:20 pm

------------cribari--------rozehnal--------radu

thats seems to be our defensive pairing for the upcoming year,seems fine to me,am i skeptical about any, maybe roz, im happy with crib and radu,it was only 2 seasons ago when cribari was almost called up to the brasilian NT. he has quality. siviglia tuia and moti sound like a good line of back ups
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:20 pm

c. testa wrote:
Romanian laziali - please tell us what you honestly think of Moti, is he truly good enough to play in Serie A and more importantly, is he good enough to play for Lazio?

I`ve said this some time ago also.. he`s ok (i mean Dinamo Bucharest won championship with Moti and Radu in central defense..and that year, they lost only 2 or 3 matches) but i don`t think he`s a Lazio guy. Radu is a different story. But no..i wouldnt bring Moti to Lazio. Don`t get me wrong, in my opinion he`s better then Cribari or Siviglia (though..90% from earth population is better then Cribari Very Happy) but not a player that a team like Lazio can count on when it comes to a good defense.

--

I don`t know why some of you said that what me, Matrim or Laziophilic were discussing, it`s off topic. Muta and Mauri are a TRANSFER RUMOUR .. since there had been many words in the wind regarding their future at Lazio.
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 58
Country and city : Montreal

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:23 pm

Kurama_SSLazio wrote:
c. testa wrote:

I`ve said this some time ago also.. he`s ok (i mean Dinamo Bucharest won championship with Moti and Radu in central defense..and that year, they lost only 2 or 3 matches) but i don`t think he`s a Lazio guy. Radu is a different story. But no..i wouldnt bring Moti to Lazio. Don`t get me wrong, in my opinion he`s better then Cribari or Siviglia (though..90% from earth population is better then Cribari Very Happy) but not a player that a team like Lazio can count on when it comes to a good defense.

--

I don`t know why some of you said that what me, Matrim or Laziophilic were discussing, it`s off topic. Muta and Mauri are a TRANSFER RUMOUR .. since there had been many words in the wind regarding their future at Lazio.

cribari is a good defender, dont judge him solely on last years performances, he was rock solid in the 06/07 season and was the hart of our D.
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:31 pm

oh and P.S. (right now some news came up regarding Moti..i`ll translate) : http://www.dinamovisti.ro/stiri/6830/transferul-lui-moti-depinde-de-lotito.htm

Looks like..although Borcea (Dinamo president) said that Moti wont go anywhere, italian press wrote that it`s just a matter of time until Moti will join Lazio.
Moti is first priority (one of them) for Lazio..but the romanian defender is afraid that he can be stuck with Dinamo for next season as well. "It depends only what the club will say. Serie a is one of the most tough championships in the world..and here, in Romania, Lazio is consider to be one of the best teams in Europe" said Moti.
Lazio gain 9 mil E after Zauri left to Fiorentina and Mudingay to Bologna..but they are delaying to make a final bid for Moti.

--

I like how Moti is kissing Lazio`s ass :)))
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:14 pm

I never said the conversation on Firmani, Muta and Mauri was unsuitable here, but only that long posts solely on a players ability would be more suitable in a player thread. that is all. off-topic discussions can happen, it's not a criticism.

we have four quality defenders: Radu, Rozehnal, Stendardo and Cribari. I don't know if Moti fits that bill yet, but I know Tuia will very soon. I don't think we need back ups and it seems clear to most that Moti will not deserve a first team place. We need someone who can command a place straight away.

Domizzi to Moti is a bit of a comedown...
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Fornaroli went to Samo for 3 mil....... 14 goals in 26 games
Back to top Go down
vent
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Craiova/Bucharest, Romania
Laziale since : 11.09.1981
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:28 am

Moti isnt better than Radu... he can shine in one game and then make huge mistakes in the next 5...he isn`t good enough for Serie A... i hope i`m wrong... anyway he doesn`t worth more than 1 mil euros
Back to top Go down
vent
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Craiova/Bucharest, Romania
Laziale since : 11.09.1981
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:33 am

Kurama_SSLazio wrote:
c. testa wrote:

--

Moti better than Cribari... at delivering pizza or something... are u 4 real?
Back to top Go down
frederick
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 410
Country and city : Sydney
Laziale since : 1996

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:59 am

should have gone for Radoi for 5 million euros don't you think?

Anyway, I can't judge how good he is for Lazio, I've only seen him once, that was when we beat them by 3 goals to 1 bounce so I'm not really sure if he's worth the money..
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:06 pm

What match was that? Very Happy
I say he's a good player(defender and midfielder too)a real fighter,but in the last years he was many times injured.There is no place for him right now I think...
Back to top Go down
aquilotto
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 6
Country and city : Sofia, Bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:12 pm

Palermo just signed Marco Amelia from Livorno, so they have three very strong goalies now including Agliardi and Fontana. I think we should go for one of those two because they will obviously wont be starters anymore and we can get them very cheap. Such world class goalies like Fontana and Agliardi are hard to find nowadays and they can be used as backup for Carrizo, because noone want Muslera starting anymore or???
And I have also been thinking for a while now why arent we going for Solari. He is free agent, argentinian, with great experience and left winger ! We obviously lack left wingers since the times of Nedved and Cesar, and I think Solari is our man !
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:22 pm

And who will pay his salary?Our friends from the "Red cross"?
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:23 pm

I might have got this wrong and correct me if I have, but have we not been linked to Agliardi before? I have a feeling we have.

I don't rate Solari that highly. I'd rather have Foggia at this moment in time.

It seems we are set on Moti and Fernandez at the minute, but there's been so little progress, I am having my doubts.

Again, Behrami is set to be on his way to West Ham for around 6.5 million euros.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Solari is great , but at that time would be hard for us to satisfy his financial requirements. And as Caxi said, we have Foggia, and it appears recently everyone has praised him a lot. I have a lot hopes of that boy, obviously and our coach cheers
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:39 pm

Neither of Agliardi or Fontana is even close to being world class, let alone both of them. That said, if we can get an experienced goalie for a sub, I won't mind, I think Muslera should be loaned out, warming the bench at Lazio won't solve his confidence problems which are his main weakness.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:27 pm

Matrim wrote:
Neither of Agliardi or Fontana is even close to being world class, let alone both of them. That said, if we can get an experienced goalie for a sub, I won't mind, I think Muslera should be loaned out, warming the bench at Lazio won't solve his confidence problems which are his main weakness.
maybe we should have loaned out Berni and Muslera and kept Ballotta as 2nd choice keeper?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09   Today at 3:16 am

Back to top Go down

Transfers and Rumours Season 08/09
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next