AuthorMessage
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: My appreciation: Thank You LF!   Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:00 am

( I am not reallu sure where I should put this, so move it if you feel that it is not in the right place...)

Many of you don’t know me, and there is no reason you really should. Some of you I have met in Rome, others in Stockholm and I even met one friend in Iran last year after getting contact with him through LF. Anyways, I am Cash, I am 27 years old and I currently live in Stockholm. And I above anything else, I am Lazio!

I am writing the following message to thank everyone who is constantly contributing to my awareness of what is going on in and outside the team I live and breath through. For me, being occupied with so many other things, there is just never enough time to spend on Lazio as I dream of doing, Therefore, the LF team and especially Eremetico with his constant of love and affection shown through his work to keep us Laziali outside Rome updated, needs to get a large and warm THANK YOU for the time and effort you put into people like me understanding and being informed about what is going on with our team. There is no way I could truly show what this all mean to me.

Even though LF has been faced with hard times and not always been present through the laziofever.org, the never ending struggle from Eremetico and some other friends have made it possible for a guy like me to be able to be updated through a site that writes in English. For those days that I am stressed out and really do not have neither the energy nor the time to read Italian papers (or similar, and also, my Italian is not the best…) I always visit the forum that LF is running and there is always updates on what is going on. Every single day that I have a computer with internet in front of me I visit the forum run by LF to take a quick glance at what is happening. Unfortunately, I don’t write as many replies to threads that I would like, but just to let you know I am always reading what is going on and what you people are discussing. (I am sure there are plenty of people using the forum as their “newspaper” and not only as a place to chat with other Lazio supporters…)

For you who have not had the experience to write for a team in a more organised way, let me tell you that it takes more time than you can think of to have a site running and working. I wrote for the Swedish Lazio section in svenskafans.com for a while, and even though it was an honour and something that I loved, the amount of time it took to fulfil this mission lead to me resigning a while back. Therefore, I am even more grateful to you guys who set this forum up again and make it run like a true community where Lazio supporters from all over the world can meet and discuss what we love most in the world. You are doing this for us, and for this you earn my deepest respect.

I am not sure that I made myself clear in this quickly written “appreciation letter”, but I intended to praise you guys contributing to my awareness, and I want to really really thank you for all the work, time, energy and love you put into making people like me, who can never really give anything back to you, happy and aware of everything that is going on. ( It is not only aimed to thank Eremetico, but also the rest of you in the LF-team…not neglecting you Johan ;-) )

Hope to meet some of you at a game or so soon,

Sincerely,

Cash

(now, this was my first post in the “new” forum, I hope it will not be the last ;-) )
Back to top Go down
BoomerRoo
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 6
Country and city : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: My appreciation: Thank You LF!   Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:26 am

Hear Hear, i think those words by CASH were on behalf of most, if not all of us here in this lazio community!

Ever since I was about 8yrs old (many years ago now!!) I was first introduced to Lazio by my father.....he would tell me of many things they would do when they were younger with his friends and on derby day in Rome. I could only dream of what he told me!

Then I had the opportunity with my cousins/family in rome to eat and breathe the lazio that my father talked about!

Nowadays i am still a proud supporter of Lazio and I crave every bit of information I can about the biancoceleste. LazioFever is a godsend and the only place I can find true updates of the team, photo's and transfers!

Thanks to everyone who makes this forum/website possible! Its appreciated all around the world!

Enzo.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: My appreciation: Thank You LF!   Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:24 am

yes, I would like to add a little something.

as I am Irish, it is incredibly difficult for me to keep up to date with all things Lazio and Laziofever has helped greatly with this.

it is almost impossible for me to see the games without searching online for a site that is streaming the match. My distance from the heart of Lazio itself prevents me from feeling truly part of the setup. Laziofever has enabled me to feel part of the Lazio community, in Rome and everywhere in the world.

I contribute a lot to this forum, perhaps too much, but it really helps me to understand the laziale perspective which is difficult being the only Lazio fan in my area. I would like to thank everybody at Laziofever for the time and effort they put into this site. It truly is a credit to each and every one of them and they should be immensely proud. You guys will never know how much this means to me.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: My appreciation: Thank You LF!   Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:00 am

I think that i can answer to you in the name of all LF Team.
You re letter resume in few words what we, ALL, have: Passion.
To follow up our team is difficult and beautiful at the same time and that's why LazioFever still runs trough the past years.
A bunch of good friends that never imaging in their life to meet soo many others from all over for a soccer Team!

I have only one way to say Grazie to you and to all those that appreciated LazioFever and his Team..

We were We are We will.

howie
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 115
Country and city : Los Angeles, USA
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: My appreciation: Thank You LF!   Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:52 am

cheers cheers

Thank you Laziofever. I forget to do this and should have done this earlier. Embarassed But thanks to Cash, I am reminded of how much influential you are in my commitment to Lazio. Thank you for being a role model on how to support and sacrifice for Lazio. Thank you for helping us have a voice as the English speaking Lazialis. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: My appreciation: Thank You LF!   Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:14 pm

Weninho wrote:
Thanks a lot Cash, means a lot to open the forum and reed a post like this. Thank you for taking the time, and thank you for giving it a serious try on Svenskafans, I miss your articles there!

Will you be in Stockhom the upcoming season? We have to get together and see some games. Is that pizzeria still around?

I am the one thanking :-)

This year I seem to be stay put in sthlm as I goy a good deal and i am involved in classes I really enjoy at the moment. And yes, Il Forno is still an option, if their sattelite didnt stop working...again...of course we will hook up for some matches, no worries at all...
Back to top Go down
Lerneby
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 10
Country and city : Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: My appreciation: Thank You LF!   Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Well I can just do one thing. Join in in the praises!
Without a lot of people surrounding this forum a lot of stuff I have done never would be written.
Grazie.
Back to top Go down
Meyo
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 82
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: My appreciation: Thank You LF!   Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:58 am

Well said Cash.

What you feel for LazioFever is what all of us have felt at some point of time. The team of LazioFever did a tremendous job in gathering laziali from all over the world.

Where in the world would a Lebanese single guy be able to get a visa permit to visit Rome and watch the Derby if it were not for the efforts of the great laziali of LazioFever who did everything they could to ease up the process of me coming to Italy.

Where in the world would I have imagined to meet people for the first time, people from Finland, Sweden, England, Russia, Germany, Austria, Italy, Slovenia, USA, Denmark and so many other countries and be able to forge a bond over a football club....

Lazio is a passion for all of us, and LazioFever helped more than anyone in keeping the flame going on....

I truly understand where you are coming from....

Ave Lazio, Ave LazioFever !

P.S. Erme: thank you for posting that picture, it sure brings so many beautiful memories Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My appreciation: Thank You LF!   Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 am

Woohoo Thank You Laziofever!! As you can see, this is my first post here but I was a member at Laziofever.com and Laziomania before that (under a different name) and it is good to be back! I hadn't realised Laziofever was back running again. Here's to Lazio, Laziofever and all the fans and users here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My appreciation: Thank You LF!   Today at 7:58 am

Back to top Go down

My appreciation: Thank You LF!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1