Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Last night it said 800k for the loan.....
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:28 pm

do we need him??

we already have Foggia and Mauri as attacking midfielders, Meghni, Manfredini and Del Nero as reserves for them and Pandev can also play there

instead we lose both Mutarelli and Mudy, our 2 solid defensive midfielders, leaving us with little cover

there needs to be more balance, I dont think we need anymore attacking players, our attack is already very good

Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:12 pm

c. testa wrote:
do we need him??

we already have Foggia and Mauri as attacking midfielders, Meghni, Manfredini and Del Nero as reserves for them and Pandev can also play there

instead we lose both Mutarelli and Mudy, our 2 solid defensive midfielders, leaving us with little cover

there needs to be more balance, I dont think we need anymore attacking players, our attack is already very good

well I agree with you but Mauri played like smelling as last season and there were rumours of him leaving and Meghni was injured almost half of the season.... I hope Muta will stay cause we need defensive midfielders
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:31 pm

Why do we need Matuzalem?

1. Matuzalem can actually pass to the strikers. Mauri, Meghni, Del Nero proved that they can't.
2. Matuzalem can shoot. He can actually score from free-kicks, can score from long range. Mauri, Meghni, Del Nero proved that they can't.
3. Matuzalem has an atitude. I know most will say that this is a bad thing, but I think we miss somebody with attitude in Lazio...somebody like Veron, who can motivate the team. I think Matuzalem is somebody like this.
4. Matuzalem can bring some beauty in our style of play. He proved it when he played in Italy, and in Ukraine.
5. Matuzalem has a lot of Serie A and CL experience.
6. Matuzalem wants to try a new Serie A experience. He is enthusiastic and he wants to play good for Lazio. Mauri - he just seems useless sometimes, Foggia - he seems more concerned about Napoli than Lazio, Meghni and Del Nero are Serie B players.
7. Matuzalem is also a good image transfer. it proves that we can bring good players to the team.
Back to top Go down
Gianni Calcio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 142
Country and city : Canada
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:54 pm

drazvan wrote:
Why do we need Matuzalem?

1. Matuzalem can actually pass to the strikers. Mauri, Meghni, Del Nero proved that they can't.
2. Matuzalem can shoot. He can actually score from free-kicks, can score from long range. Mauri, Meghni, Del Nero proved that they can't.
3. Matuzalem has an atitude. I know most will say that this is a bad thing, but I think we miss somebody with attitude in Lazio...somebody like Veron, who can motivate the team. I think Matuzalem is somebody like this.
4. Matuzalem can bring some beauty in our style of play. He proved it when he played in Italy, and in Ukraine.
5. Matuzalem has a lot of Serie A and CL experience.
6. Matuzalem wants to try a new Serie A experience. He is enthusiastic and he wants to play good for Lazio. Mauri - he just seems useless sometimes, Foggia - he seems more concerned about Napoli than Lazio, Meghni and Del Nero are Serie B players.
7. Matuzalem is also a good image transfer. it proves that we can bring good players to the team.

very well put!
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:17 pm

ClockworkOrange wrote:
A one year loan for €2M .. is Lotito more crazy than usual? .. to buy him next summer would cost €15M-€16M .. if this accurate .. we should back out of this deal instantly

MATUZALEM - Lotito non molla il brasiliano del Real Saragoz­za. Il Real con­cede un prestito gratuito con diritto di riscatto fissa­to a 15- 16 milioni di euro. A Lotito spetterà il compito di pagare l’ingaggio del centrocampista, attorno ai 2 milioni di euro.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/36815/Zauri+e+Behrami+salutano+la+Lazio

Faaaaaaaaaaaaar to expensive...
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Far too expensive...if true, though. I really doubt these figures are correct but apparently the deal is official on Zaragoza's site. No details are announced, alas.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:27 pm

The deal is sealed (read on news by LF team..) 15mil to keep him, and he gets a high salary as well...I dont know about this deal. Feels we pay too much and I am not reallu sure if we are going to keep him in the long run and I just dislike loan deals. Would Lotito ever buy him out for 15 mil? I think the answer is no...
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:30 pm

I still suspect the financial details could be guesswork...anyway, if don't intend to buy him. it's irrelevant if the clause is for 15 or 150 million. :) Maybe Lotito will gamble on Zaragoza not making it to Primera Division next year in which case they might give us matuzalem cheaply.
Back to top Go down
CaptainLazio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 177
Country and city : Denmark, Gentofte
Laziale since : a long time ago...

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:07 pm

i hope he proves to be as good as i think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CH30XCMGw&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Karakash
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 78
Country and city : Macedonia, Skopje
Laziale since : from birth
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:14 pm

The buyout is set at 10 mil. euros.

http://www.cittaceleste.it/
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:26 pm

I dont really know, but as far as I can remember, he is a decent player - not more. I wonder how we even got an eye on him...considering the fact that Aimar went from Zaragoza to Benfica for less than 10 mil, and is of same age, plus we have to pay for the loan...not a good deal if you ask me...we could have had aimar for less money than that - and he is true quality...amybe a bit different position on the field but still...
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:29 pm

WELCOME IN A GREAT CLUB MATUZALEM!!

this is the time for you to prove yourself!!

I don't care if Lotito buy him or not one year from now.. what I do care is... we will have a beautiful offensive play by Lazio this season... can u imagine?? Pandev, Rocchi, Zarate, Ledesma, Matuzalem, Foggia, Carizzo etc in one team!!

Sounds like Spanish National Team for me!! Pandev = David Silva, Rocchi=Torres, Zarate=Villa, Ledesma=Xavi, Matuzalem=Iniesta, Foggia=Cesc Fabregas, Carrizo=Casillas and maybe De silvestri could be Sergio Ramos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:37 pm

wellcome, know that u dont mistake & u can capture the scudeto with lazio this year;) i am sure that lazio, inter & milan is the best chanses for scudeto
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:45 pm

but not with Cribari and Siviliga in the back line (;

Anyway, welcome Matulazem.
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:24 am

Welcome!

Guys, this year we build a great squad...

Carizzo, Radu, Rozenhal, Zarate, Matuzalem + the new youngsters Kozak and Lichtsteiner

I think Lotito really took revenge for last summer's missed mercato!
Well done, Claudio! Well done!
Back to top Go down
LazioKosovo
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 16
Country and city : Mitrovica, Kosova
Laziale since : 1993/94
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:37 am

Some times ago I've said that I'm sure that Lotito will make couple of good signings. I'm pretty sure that Matuzalem is one of the best signins for many years, not because he is only good player but becuase I'm sure that he could fit good in current squad.
Once again, Lotito merits a credit for bringing couple of very good new faces, offloading some players we didn't needed anymore.
Back to top Go down
rikk
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 16
Country and city : Rome
Laziale since : birth
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:18 am

Broencoceleste you was drunk when have posted the comment? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 58
Country and city : Montreal
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:51 am

rikk wrote:

either that or on heroine
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:19 am

nando wrote:
rikk wrote:

either that or on heroine

This is what they call "euphoria" mate... I was very happy to hear the news
Back to top Go down
rockybalboa83
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 393
Country and city : Australia,Melbourne
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:52 am

Cash wrote:
I dont really know, but as far as I can remember, he is a decent player - not more. I wonder how we even got an eye on him...considering the fact that Aimar went from Zaragoza to Benfica for less than 10 mil, and is of same age, plus we have to pay for the loan...not a good deal if you ask me...we could have had aimar for less money than that - and he is true quality...amybe a bit different position on the field but still...

Cash, I don't agree with this comment at all..Aimar has been in terrible form in the latter part of his career..He was an outcast at Valencia, then went to Zaragoza where I had to fight for his place against Andreas D'Alessandro and lost out! Aimar is past his best.

Matuzalem has Serie A experience and is a very skilled player. I think it is a great signing.

Aimar for me is a soft player who is past it..I think they have made the right choice.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:35 am

Aimar never, ever proved himself. He was never the player people expected him to be. When Shalhtar were at their best, it was Matuzalem they he feared, he was their main man and I don't think he has peaked yet.
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:01 am

I've started thinking....Is it good to bring players on loan?!In that case if we can buy them,then it's a good deal.If they don't confirm they can leave us without problems.But what if they make a fantastic season(ex. we qualify to Europe) and after that we cannot afford them?What is the sense to sign them on loan?Then some "big clubs" will take them from us and we remain with the memories,that's all.What we would do then?In case we qualify to Europe,we must rebuild our again,where the object should be to strenghthen the team.
I'm happy we've signed Matuzalem,but his price makes me thinking...His time at Lazio couldbe a step towards another team and then....?!Plus with his wage ,he's annoying other players,who earn less.This is the right solution for us?
Btw WELCOME MATUZALEM!!!
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:43 am

LaziOttimo wrote:
I've started thinking....Is it good to bring players on loan?!In that case if we can buy them,then it's a good deal.If they don't confirm they can leave us without problems.But what if they make a fantastic season(ex. we qualify to Europe) and after that we cannot afford them?What is the sense to sign them on loan?Then some "big clubs" will take them from us and we remain with the memories,that's all.What we would do then?In case we qualify to Europe,we must rebuild our again,where the object should be to strenghthen the team.
I'm happy we've signed Matuzalem,but his price makes me thinking...His time at Lazio couldbe a step towards another team and then....?!Plus with his wage ,he's annoying other players,who earn less.This is the right solution for us?
Btw WELCOME MATUZALEM!!!

If that happens, then we will have the money to buy him.. from CL money, sponsor, ticket sale etc.

We already have many players who could play in Aimar position (Foggia, Pandev, Meghni, Mauri, Del Nero and maybe Zarate)

and his cheap price is more confirming us that he past his best and Zaragoza just want to make out cash from him immediately before he is totally useless (his price is almost the same or maybe less than mudingayi!!). This is totally different with Matuzalem case, Zaragoza still need him, they want him to come back next year if they get promoted again, and to avoid the loss of him they made him really2 expensive..

So I'm gonna say it one more, I don't care if we gonna buy Matuzalem next year or not even though if it turns out that he is really good, what I do care is we have a good season, get back to europe and get more cash because of them.
Back to top Go down
Goerlandt
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 273
Country and city : Belgium-Waregem
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:21 pm

10 million is a lot of money for the buy-out of Matuzalem. I'm sure that Lotito won't do that next year. And with Zarate neither.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Francelino Matuzalem   Today at 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Francelino Matuzalem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Transfer & rumours about SS Lazio-
Jump to: