Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:21 pm

NMH wrote:
I love Diego Simeone, and what he has done in his short coaching career is impressive, but he is still tied to a contract with river and thus not available. He has no experience coaching a Serie A team either.

Mourinho also has no experience in coaching serie a team tongue Simeone played in serie A for many years back then.. it should be enough to know the situation in Italian football.

NMH wrote:
And most important: Simeone is a 'take no crap'-kind of person and I really can't imagine him having a good relationship with Lotito.

This is actually very good, I think if Lotito works with somebody that has a higher profile than him he can be pushed by that man to do something good for the team.. we need someone who has the capability to "control" Lotito... I think the "sneaky" Simeone has the talent to do that kind of thing
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:42 pm

I sense Simeone is a future Lazio manager, but quite a few years down the line. We need someone who actually believes in what we have already. I don't think Delio believes in what we have because I don't think he has brought this team together.

Lotito's wheeling and dealing has not been that bad if you ask me, I mean, obviously it's best the manager brings in the player but judging from the media Brocchi was Delio's favoured signing. Would you all agree? For me, that was the least logical. A likely managerial candidate in the future would be Casiraghi and although he's not my favourite Lazio player, at least he was a Lazio player.

If things with Delio ultimately fail, we should bring in a talented manager who is still cutting his teeth in the game so to speak. Someone who won't revolt against Lotito, even when revolting wouldn't be a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:51 pm

When I was back home in Italia a few months ago, there was heavy speculation that Lotito wanted to replace Rossi with Bruno Giordano.

not saying its the best idea, because while Bruno is a Lazio legend, he doesn't have the best managerial record. It is worth mentioning though that Lotito seems to consider him as a potential Lazio manager.

Alvares
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 135
Country and city : Russia Siberia
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:17 pm

I think simeone is rather better then rossi in some cases, and i wish him as a lazio coach. but i dont mind that rossi will be removed till summer, and for that time everythin can change. also someone the best "for lazio coachin" can be found
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:09 am

Quote :
Talented defender Guglielmo Stendardo claims that “inhumane treatment” forced him to leave Lazio for Lecce on loan.

Stendardo, who has five years on his contract at Lazio, has been frozen out of the Aquile in recent times due to a feud with Coach Delio Rossi.

After spending the second half of last season on loan to Juventus, Stendardo claimed he was willing to return to the Biancocelesti but he bailed out for Lecce at the last minute.

“I have had two strange months and along with some of my teammates I have suffered inhumane treatment,” Stendardo told radio programme Erre Due.

“I feel sorry for Massimo Mutarelli, Simone Inzaghi and Tommaso Berni who have been left in a complete void.

“In spite of everything we trained as hard as we could and have reached a good level of fitness thanks to Angelo Crialesi.

“I am disappointed with the club and the system and players need to be safeguarded from this situation because it is really bad training on your own.

“Nonetheless I have five years on my contract and I am proud to be a Lazio player with the trust of the President. Now I will try and do my best for Lecce.”

I agree with Stendardo. Rossi have some strange ways of handle the players and the way he forced out those players are upseting. Atleast he should pay respect to Simone Inzaghi, we won scudetto with him, while Rossi was sitting on the bench of allmighty Lecce or whatever. Do we really need Lotito-style-no respect-aroggancy from mr Dellio?
Back to top Go down
BoomerRoo
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 6
Country and city : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:46 am

Weninho wrote:
Here we go again... Very Happy

I agree with guardia alta regarding almost everything (despite Firmani beeing a good sub midfielder, even if he's a fighter). I think some of the critics directed at Rossi after the Cagliari game isn't constructive, but rather a way of looking for errors to confirm the already biased theory that he's not good for Lazio. Makinwa and Manfredini played the very last minutes in a game which we already won, I really fail to see the problem in that. If Rocchi was healthy, Makinwa would never have been given a chance, and the same goes for Manfredini if Dabo and Meghni were avaliable. What options did he have? Diakitè as a midfielder? Muslera as a striker? No one yet pointed out that Brocchi actually took a place despite beeing with us for only two days. That should prove Rossi doesn't rate Manfredini very high.

Caxi wrote:
I can see both views but to be honest, why put on Makinwa and Manfredini when you are 4-1 up and trying to defend the lead? It would have made more sense to take off Siviglia, who is quite old and could do with a 5-10 minute break and bring on someone like Diakite and get him adusted to the Serie A environment. Sometimes I feel Delio is just trying to make a point with Makinwa and Manfredini and I fail to see what it is.

A break for 14 days was to come, so I doubt 5-10 minutes more or less for Siviglia would have made any difference. Despite, if Siviglia is not fit for 90 full minutues - when he's awarded two free days after - then he should probably not be a professional footballer. If Rossi decided to go with Siviglia - Rozehnal (which I completely agree with, then if Siviglia doesn't keep it up we always have Radu, even if I think he should take Kolarov's place) then I see no reason to split them. Last season our main problem was that our defence line was a total mess. When we finally found a combination that seems to be working out, let's keep it that way.

nando wrote:
Why you ask....simple, i've never seen one coach fight with so many of his own players, the way he treats(ed) current and former players were disgusting...eg muta and zauri(who was our captain and signed a new contract when he could have gotten more money elsewhere, i mean give him some more respect), and for the simple fact that he continually plays manfredini and firmani...its digusting...

How can you know that? Maybe there's a reason some players were left out and shipped away. As guardia alta wrote, there were many problems with many players last season and it was reported that both Zauri and Mutarelli were highly involved in this. Sacking Rossi would not have solved the problem, as obviously the other players had problems with Zauri and Mutarelli, not Rossi. And let's face it, Zauri and Mutarelli did a lot for the club, but they didn't exactly had their best season 07/08. Neither were they two Di Canio's, raised in your youth system with a lifelong passion for Lazio.

It's useless to discuss the problems in the dressing room when we don't know or knew what was going on. It doesn't always need to be that black or white. Blaming Rossi for everything is an easy escape, but I doubt that's the whole truth. I wish I could be inside that locker room for one day to find out the answers, but unfortunately that's not possible. If Rossi indeed is responsable, I would be the first to change my opinion. But for now I think it's unfair to hold him responsable for everything.

nando wrote:
and another reason...last year as soon as we qualified for the CL he announced the players who got us into the CL will play, meaning he didnt want many new players on the team, and stuck with the same stale line up. Which to me makes no sense, when a team like lazio qualifies for the CL we need 3-4 new players that can add depth. this transfer season that just passed would have been ideal for last year

That would be a very harsch motive to fire a manager. Especially since he later got into conflicts with Lotito about the mercato, beeing upset that he did not get the players and rienforcements he wanted. So the above qoute is far from the whole truth. If anyone is to blame for our failed mercato that season it's Lotito, and partly also Sabatini. Rossi was very clear all the time but never got anything to work with.

Despite, of course he's going to say such a thing as above, to maintain the good atmosphere and keep up the spirit within the team. Imagine if he would have said to the media that the squad was not strong enough to complete in the Champions League, and that he needed 3-4 players to be able to compete. Where would that leave our players, that really made an extraordinary season, showed some serious grinta, and managed to finish third? "Thank you for gettins us in CL, but now we don't need you anymore". What you say to media and behind closed doors are not the same.

Awesome response! Very very well written and made for great reading!

We're supposed to ALL be supporters of the Biancoceleste! That includes the club, the team, the managers, the directors, everyone who is part of this beautiful club!

Why are some of us so busy trying to find the 'bad' in the coach/players or anything else and instead we should be concentrating on the good! Delio might have his reasons for why he's done what he's done.....we dont nkow the full story? We dont know if there are players not playing due to injury or due to other reasons? We can only 'base' our thoughts and opinions on what we can see on tv!

Weninho points out the few arguments that people decided to just spit out for the sake of saying something, and then backs it up with a 'constructive' view. Im kind of getting sick of people simply tapping "sack rossi"..........we have enough parrots out there copying each other saying the same thing, yet nothing to back it up? And if you're going to use the excuse "he plays Makinwa, so he should be sacked".........in every team there is a player or two who might not 'seem' to be fitting in, is this enough of a reason to be asking for the coach's head???

Lets focus all our voices and opinions for the GOOD of lazio and cheer them on and encourage them in the good AND in the bad......if you still want to complain about what Rossi is doing, then go to your computer, type up your little resume on WORD and send it to Ermetico who im sure will be more than happy to hand it over to Lolito and say there is someone who is more 'qualified' and a better coach than the current coach..........

Everyone's an armchair coach..........actions speak louder than words!!!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:06 pm

As a fan of the club, I want nothing more to see the club I have followed since I was a young boy be as successful as possible. Forgive me if I am just a little peeved at the poor results of last season but I want the best for this club. The club has my support, that does not include, Claudio, Delio or anyone else. I don't agree with those who are saying Makinwa is a Delio fave so he should be sacked but when Delio pays 6-7million on a striker who struggles to score yet still has a part in the team and we have a bad season then I can see their point. I won't criticse people such as nando who is passionate and is adamant Delio should go. We all have the same passion but a different idea. Nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 165
Country and city : italy
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:10 am

Caxi wrote:
As a fan of the club, I want nothing more to see the club I have followed since I was a young boy be as successful as possible. Forgive me if I am just a little peeved at the poor results of last season but I want the best for this club. The club has my support, that does not include, Claudio, Delio or anyone else. I don't agree with those who are saying Makinwa is a Delio fave so he should be sacked but when Delio pays 6-7million on a striker who struggles to score yet still has a part in the team and we have a bad season then I can see their point. I won't criticse people such as nando who is passionate and is adamant Delio should go. We all have the same passion but a different idea. Nothing wrong with that.

i agree, nothing wrong.

imho delio rossi is one the best coach in the last 30 years of lazio history.
he is far better than sven goran who was a conservative coach in his lazio years.
roberto mancini was a telented guy but i never liked the man.
delio is much better than dino zoff (too bound to italian coaching tradition), definitely better of zeman, manager of a sort of theocratic football, a sort of scientology lobby.
no comparison with papadopulo, mimmo caso, or beppe materazzi (during the 80ies).

no comparison with zaccheroni who his the worse.
a human disaster, do you remember dino baggio RB duriing a derby with riomma?

in so far as i know just a bit about the club my prediction is that wheter delio fails lotito will sign .... roberto donadoni.
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:16 am

Secret_Samadhi wrote:
Quote :
Talented defender Guglielmo Stendardo claims that “inhumane treatment” forced him to leave Lazio for Lecce on loan.

Stendardo, who has five years on his contract at Lazio, has been frozen out of the Aquile in recent times due to a feud with Coach Delio Rossi.

After spending the second half of last season on loan to Juventus, Stendardo claimed he was willing to return to the Biancocelesti but he bailed out for Lecce at the last minute.

“I have had two strange months and along with some of my teammates I have suffered inhumane treatment,” Stendardo told radio programme Erre Due.

“I feel sorry for Massimo Mutarelli, Simone Inzaghi and Tommaso Berni who have been left in a complete void.

“In spite of everything we trained as hard as we could and have reached a good level of fitness thanks to Angelo Crialesi.

“I am disappointed with the club and the system and players need to be safeguarded from this situation because it is really bad training on your own.

“Nonetheless I have five years on my contract and I am proud to be a Lazio player with the trust of the President. Now I will try and do my best for Lecce.”

I agree with Stendardo. Rossi have some strange ways of handle the players and the way he forced out those players are upseting. Atleast he should pay respect to Simone Inzaghi, we won scudetto with him, while Rossi was sitting on the bench of allmighty Lecce or whatever. Do we really need Lotito-style-no respect-aroggancy from mr Dellio?

why do you agree with stendardo?

from august to december the guy played 20 mathces with lazio.
he was angry not to play vs real madrid and roma.

he collected many caps during fall season, more than siviglia, cribari and scaloni.
then he argued with delio (a peaceful row, nothing violent) and he was sent on loan to juventus where he played just a few matches.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:10 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=850775

ok someone know something about this ? I'm hope it is not true. we don't need this right now when the team is moving up!
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:37 pm

The rift between Rossi and Lotito has been discussed a while now. Wasnt too long ago Rossi said that he never asked for anything from Lotito cause he would not give him what he wanted anyway etc.. I think we can be sure that everything is not totally calm between Lotito and Rossi...
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:42 pm

I think the news in the goal.com was only a speculation and came a little bit late.. the conflict was there when Rossi told the press that he didn't get any player he wanted from Lotito... but I think the situation has passed and getting better and better especially after the winning at cagliari cheers
Back to top Go down
4ZALAZIO
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 59
Country and city : Canada
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:44 pm

According to the "media" the words unrest and Lazio are synonymous.

I'm tired of it. Play football...all the rest is just blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:46 am

maybe they can come up with a statement that everything is ok between them cause articles like this can disturb the fans and the dressing room
Back to top Go down
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:16 pm

Roman_Eagle wrote:
maybe they can come up with a statement that everything is ok between them cause articles like this can disturb the fans and the dressing room

Already happened: http://www.sslazio.it/cms/view/home/news/archivio/elenco_news/rossi_nessun_problema_con_la_societa_ed_il_presidente_/s152/c1807

And that was one week ago, before the Cagliari match.
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:35 am

Ali Alkatiri wrote:
I like Rossi comments on Jose Mourinho:

Mourinho simply does what all the rest of the Coaches in Italy already do,[/b] he said. The only thing is that when he does it everybody treats it like a miracle

And thats why he won 2 leagues in Portugal, 1 UEFA cup (after crashing us 4-1), and 1 CL in a space of 2 years with a club like Porto where Rossi was fighting between serie B and A and nearly saved us last year!

Please Rossi, if you dont have anything to say then shut up or you will get a reply that you fully deserve.
Back to top Go down
Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:24 am

DAJE ROSSI!!! MAKE A MIRACLE LIKE HIME THEN!!!
Back to top Go down
BoomerRoo
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 6
Country and city : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:13 am

Laziophilic wrote:
Ali Alkatiri wrote:
I like Rossi comments on Jose Mourinho:

Mourinho simply does what all the rest of the Coaches in Italy already do,[/b] he said. The only thing is that when he does it everybody treats it like a miracle

And thats why he won 2 leagues in Portugal, 1 UEFA cup (after crashing us 4-1), and 1 CL in a space of 2 years with a club like Porto where Rossi was fighting between serie B and A and nearly saved us last year!

Please Rossi, if you dont have anything to say then shut up or you will get a reply that you fully deserve.

Nice Laziophilic.....very positive post, great to see.... No
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Mourinho has proved little, he inherited good teams from Santos, Ranieri and Mancini. Delio has had to go out and buld this team on a small budget. Mourinho's goals are to win, Delio's is to move up the table, not comparable. Chelsea are a much better team now Mourinho's gone anyway...
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:19 pm

just as usual delio rossi is doing a great job.
i'm pride of him!
Back to top Go down
nomade
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 233
Country and city : Alexandria, Egypt

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:50 pm

I don't wanna be skeptical, but I will not eat my hat right away...Let's see how good Rossi is trying to keep his current position!!!

And Philic, Mourinho is a prick and maybe because of his special achievements he's treated like a miracle worker but that's not quite true, nothing special from the special one lately...!!
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:42 pm

nomade wrote:
I don't wanna be skeptical, but I will not eat my hat right away...Let's see how good Rossi is trying to keep his current position!!!

And Philic, Mourinho is a prick and maybe because of his special achievements he's treated like a miracle worker but that's not quite true, nothing special from the special one lately...!!

i use to judge trainers by the mental attitude compared to money cash.
he did excellent things with little (now medium) budgets.
before delio rossi there was the desert in rome.
Back to top Go down
Namortsac
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 144
Country and city : Sweden/Lund
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:53 pm

It's time to send some praise to Delio for having Foggia in the line-up. It took some time but better late than never. Wink Just let's hope that when Matuzalem returns Delio ditches Mauri instead of Foggia.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:32 pm

It will be extremely interesting to see how Dellio Rossi will solve the situation when he have all players available. Will he dare to not play Rocchi? What will happen to Foggia, who has been outstanding when given chances? Matuzalem, how will he be used? The best thing all these options is that we can field a very strong team in the Coppa without risking to be struck by fatigue despite having two games in one week.
Psychologically this will ofcourse be a test for Mister, and interesting for us to study. how will he manage to keep the players who are left out happy and avoid an atmosphere reminding of what we saw last year.

I wonder how long De Silvestri will sit on the bench without complaining...
Back to top Go down
Namortsac
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 144
Country and city : Sweden/Lund
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:45 pm

..and when Dabo is fully fit who gonna play. He or Brocchi? Personally i vote for Dabo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Today at 3:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Delio Rossi.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next