Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:41 am

Boksic wrote:
Im sure Lotito would stay away from Simeone due to his charachter, something like a Di Canio! The fans love Simeone so much that if something he wants wouldn't be granted than the fans would want to kill Lotito's ass.
Well, my comment about Di Canio was ironic . Never under Lotito will we see a coach that is a fan symbol. That would degrade Lotito go against anything Lotito has shown so far. Oh how I wish we could get rid of him...
Back to top Go down
Mafalda
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 628
Country and city : Chile, Santiago
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:19 am

Simeone was a great player, a legend, fantastic etc etc etc but like coach No No No No

For first time in the argentinian football history, River Plate finished a championship in the last place ... that was Simeone's work.
We better remind him like the great player he was ... we could hate him as coach. scratch
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:41 am

Mafalda wrote:
Simeone was a great player, a legend, fantastic etc etc etc but like coach No No No No

For first time in the argentinian football history, River Plate finished a championship in the last place ... that was Simeone's work.
We better remind him like the great player he was ... we could hate him as coach. scratch

Surely your being too harsh Mafa? He won the title with Estudiantes and then with River. Surely there must be deeper reasons why they flopped this season than just a poor coach. Is that the way the majority feel about him now?

Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 841
Country and city : kosova
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:16 pm

donadoni-NO,SIMEONE-YES,I dont think that we need coach like donadoni,i agree that some dutch style of coach will be good
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Guus Hiddink

Thats the guy we need, the best coach in the moment.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:38 pm

Forget Hiddink, he gets paid Russian oil money and we have less than a million euro per year to spend on a manager.

I don't think Simeone is good enough YET. Yes one day he will inevitably take over, but to do so now with no Italian experience, which really is more important than it sounds, not a good idea.

For me the best man is Sampdoria boss Walter Mazzarri. The man who saved Reggina with a 15 pt deduction and almost led Sampdoria into the Champions League. And with Samp not doing well now, we may be able to get him. Certainly we can afford him at least because Lotito already met with him in late 2007 when we were doing horribly.

Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:46 pm

Jofo wrote:
Guus Hiddink

Thats the guy we need, the best coach in the moment.

OF COURSE!!

If the man could make the Korean as the third rank in the world cup, he surely can make us get the Scudetto or at least the champion of UEFA cup!!

but of course just like C.Testa told us... his salary maybe bigger than the whole lazio first XI wages.
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 pm

Don't imagine too much with Simone, Mancini and similar. That are no Lotito plans.

Lotito Rubbishes Donadoni To Lazio Reports
The fiery chief has made it clear that he has no intention of sacking his coach - and rubbishes the Donadoni reports...
Lazio president Claudio Lotito has firmly denied stories suggesting he was about to axe Delio Rossi and replace him with former Italy coach Roberto Donadoni.
Reports around the peninsula have been rife with speculation that changes were imminent at Formello as a result of Lazio's recent abject form.
However, Lotito is standing by his number one man and insists there is no chance of a major shake-up at the club.
"The news about a swap between Rossi and Donadoni is totally unfounded," Lotito told Tuttomercatoweb.com.
"It's totally false. Myself and the club have never thought about replacing Rossi and we have not taken any steps regarding other situations.
"In fact, our intentions are to offer Rossi a contract renewal rather than anything else as he is an important part of this project."
Donadoni's hopes of a quick return to football have been dashed following Lotito's latest plans.
The former Nazionale tactician is looking for a way back into Calcio.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Jofo wrote:
Don't imagine too much with Simone, Mancini and similar. That are no Lotito plans.

Lotito Rubbishes Donadoni To Lazio Reports
The fiery chief has made it clear that he has no intention of sacking his coach - and rubbishes the Donadoni reports...
Lazio president Claudio Lotito has firmly denied stories suggesting he was about to axe Delio Rossi and replace him with former Italy coach Roberto Donadoni.
Reports around the peninsula have been rife with speculation that changes were imminent at Formello as a result of Lazio's recent abject form.
However, Lotito is standing by his number one man and insists there is no chance of a major shake-up at the club.
"The news about a swap between Rossi and Donadoni is totally unfounded," Lotito told Tuttomercatoweb.com.
"It's totally false. Myself and the club have never thought about replacing Rossi and we have not taken any steps regarding other situations.
"In fact, our intentions are to offer Rossi a contract renewal rather than anything else as he is an important part of this project."
Donadoni's hopes of a quick return to football have been dashed following Lotito's latest plans.
The former Nazionale tactician is looking for a way back into Calcio.

Well,what else could he say? No matter if he is thinking about replacing him or not, this will be the comment until the day he actually goes ahead and chooses someone else. For now, Rossi is still our Mister and Lotito must give him supportive comments. Anything else would be stupidity...

The Hiddink suggestion can not be seen as realistic. He is too big for Lazio...
Back to top Go down
Danish-Laziofan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 360
Country and city : Denmark, Humlebæk
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:24 am

soo.... according to cittaceleste.it (they claim to be the only source) Lotito was ready to fire Rossi if he didnt give a good result against Palermo to put Bruno Giordano on the bench instead.. Hm..
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:54 am

Danish-Laziofan wrote:
soo.... according to cittaceleste.it (they claim to be the only source) Lotito was ready to fire Rossi if he didnt give a good result against Palermo to put Bruno Giordano on the bench instead.. Hm..

Would like to hear some of the mods opinion on this, but I firmly believe it.

At the end of the day, Lotito is a business man and he makes decisions which is good for his business. Ultimately business depends on results. Had we lost to Palermo, we would have been in trouble and I genuinely believe Lotito would have fired him. I also believe Giordano would have came in. Why? Because Lotito knows he has alienated some of the hardcore fans and the smart move from a business perspective, would be to get them back by employing an ex-laziale as coach. Nobody better for that job than Giordano.

I believe Lotito is trying to take us in the direction we fans want to go. I just think he's been too high and mighty about it thus far and he needs to take a step back and re-evaluate. I think he is in the process of doing that and if so, then he knows that his decision on the future of Rossi is result dependent and that alone.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:03 am

When I was in Italy last year, the big word was that Lotito was ready to fire Rossi and bring in Giordano.

I remember one headline of Giordano "I'm just waiting for Claudio's call"...

Nothing happened of it obviously but we all know what Bruno means to Lazio, there are probbably better coaching alternatives than him from a tactical poiint though.

Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:05 am

I think we need to stick with Delio now, and until the end of this season. There was a time just before the Palermo game where we should have let him go if we wanted to this season, but Lotito hung on to him and he must stay beside him for now. Then after the last game we can evaluate the season ad see if he should stay or go.

I was in favour of a sacking during the poor run as I didnt see what I wanted to see in the team, but then was the time and now we must all support Rossi to the end of this season...

Giordano, YES!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:03 pm

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan11d.html

Delio Rossi states that he'd like to remain at Lazio for life.

Fair play to the guy. I've never been his biggest fan nor his harshest critic but I appreciate him making comments like this.

It's always a good statement for a coach to say he loves the club, that will rub off on the players too.

Should also keep Lotito happy.
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:44 am

I would like to see a mini-revolution at Lazio and IŽd like for Luigi del neri to continue this project.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:56 am

centrocampista wrote:
I would like to see a mini-revolution at Lazio and IŽd like for Luigi del neri to continue this project.

Three problems with Del Neri:

1. Other than at Chievo, he has done little else of note. He even claimed that he has been lucky in his career.
2. As a player and a coach, he has been to many many many clubs and is not suitable for a revolution
3. He used to coach Rioma.

All valid reasons why he should never be considered in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Today at 11:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Delio Rossi.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7