Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 30
Country and city : Eire , Italia
Laziale since : Nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon May 26, 2008 11:15 am

Biancocelesti wrote:
It seems that most likely Rossi will stay as our coach next season aswell, but without a renewal of his contract.

Whats new?

Anyways, Delio Rossi for me is a good coach....if we want to battle amongst 8th to 12th place.
What pisses me off the most is that we are starting to settle for mediocrity.

Oh well.....

riommaMMERDA

AND FORZA LAZIO!
Back to top Go down
nomade
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 233
Country and city : Alexandria, Egypt
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon May 26, 2008 12:18 pm

Hey let's write him a message here
Back to top Go down
Dan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 101
Country and city : England
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon May 26, 2008 12:45 pm

I think give him one more season. I have faith in Rossi even after this poor season. I hope it will spur him and the players on to bigger and greater things for the upcoming season...
Back to top Go down
Amir
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon May 26, 2008 12:51 pm

I was hoping Mazzari would come.

As for other candidates, Rossi is much better than all others.
Back to top Go down
Goerlandt
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 273
Country and city : Belgium-Waregem
Laziale since : 2001
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:58 pm

Lotito , please give us Erikson. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:34 pm

I was not happy when i heard that he`ll be on our bench in next season also. It`s a big mistake..
Of course..i wish that i`ll be wrong..but i don`t think so.
Back to top Go down
Laziale_100%
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 46
Country and city : Zenica, BIH
Laziale since : 1999

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:14 am

I think that Rossi is a good coach...
He makes some mistakes,but no mater...nobody is not perfect!!
I believe in him....
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:42 pm

From now on , my all hopes and expectations are , that Delio is still capable to regenerate Lazio spirit and win determination. Since it was announced that he is staying , I want to believe so.
Back to top Go down
Mad Dog
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 15
Country and city : Where the Eagle nests

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:15 pm

I lost confidence in this coach and his capacity to handle the squad and the dressing room problems.
He's too rigid, always fields his favorites even when not in shape or when there are better alternatives.
Makes strange subsitutions and doesn't give new players a real chance but gives players like Makinwa and Manfredini chances nearly every match.
His obvious neglect of Zarate is worrying. Two years ago he did the same with Foggia and Jimenez. Last year with Bianchi and Rozenhal.
Many players who have left us have complained that this coach has eyes only for those who he considers his first eleven starters and that he neglects all the others without even discussing anything or motivating his decisions with these players.
Back to top Go down
LDS
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 17
Country and city : World Citizen
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:41 pm

To find a perfect coach could well be as difficult as finding a perfect president. With all the chaos going on, I can accept having someone being in charge of the team despite having a couple of defects.

When it comes to Rossi, it is worrying indeed when players who leave keep saying bad things about him. In the end we have to evaluate a couple of weeks into the new season to see how the results are coming along. I wouldn't say Zarate is being obviously neglected - the preseason games are there to experiment with the squad to see who's in for it when its time for the big games and who's not. For all we know this might be all we see of Manfredini and especially Makinwa for the rest of the season. Bianchi was given a chance, infact i was surprised Rossi decided to change the successful Pandev-Rocchi partnership into a 4-3-3, as seen against for example Roma. Even though Rozenhal didn't feature much in the beginning of last season, the clearest sign of Rossi having faith in him and (as things look like now) his active participation in this years team must be that he is still here, no?

For me it is in the end about the results. If the coach can pull of some good things this year (compared to last year when Lazio was fighting in Serie A, Coppa Italia and CL without proper reinforcements), even without using for example Zarate or i don't know, say Matuzalem, fully, it would still be good enough.
Back to top Go down
zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 484
Country and city : Macedonia
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:42 pm

maby for someone he is a good coach but im not his big fan ...i hope i can see some day Diego Simeone or Paolo Di Canio or maby Sinisa Mihajlovic as our Lazio coach
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:59 pm

Mad Dog wrote:
I lost confidence in this coach and his capacity to handle the squad and the dressing room problems.
He's too rigid, always fields his favorites even when not in shape or when there are better alternatives.
Makes strange subsitutions and doesn't give new players a real chance but gives players like Makinwa and Manfredini chances nearly every match.
His obvious neglect of Zarate is worrying. Two years ago he did the same with Foggia and Jimenez. Last year with Bianchi and Rozenhal.
Many players who have left us have complained that this coach has eyes only for those who he considers his first eleven starters and that he neglects all the others without even discussing anything or motivating his decisions with these players.

wow you summed up my opinion about Delio Rossi perfectly!!

I'm definitely agree with you...

sometimes I wonder why most people in this forum blaming Lotito for all the troubles we got.. I think Delio was part of the problems... most of them!! He's so arrogant and stubborn with the players... and maybe also with the fans.. I saw him at the Amsterdam Arena in last year's Amsterdam Tournament.. the lazio fans (I was included) were waving,smiling and calling his name from not to far away (about 5-6 meter) and he stayed cold, not doing anything, not even looked at us, just keep walking with his bitter face... I know that was nothing to do with anything, but it was the first time my feeling says that something wrong with him..

I really hope that I'm the one that wrong , and it turns out that Delio is doing the right thing..
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 165
Country and city : italy
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:27 pm

Mad Dog wrote:

given rolando bianchi as a central striker, he needs winger to cross.
we don't play any longer with a rigid 442.
btw bianchi was born in 1983 and he played very poorly at cagliari.
he was excellent at reggio just for one season and he benfit from nick amoruso great assist.

right now roze is a starting eleven.
jimenez was mauri repalcement and mauri was so brilliant during that season (6 goals + 6 assist). btw jimenez decided to leave beacause he was looking for inter's money.

we have to blame some players for dressing rooms problems, not the coach.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:09 pm

The thing with Delio is, when everything is good in his career, it is good, he has all the qualities of a top coach, it is just he only displays them when he feels good about himself. When things go wrong, he can't sort them out.

Do you know how things went wrong last year? Lotito didn't spend and Delio got upset about it. Instead of just getting on with the job, Delio sulked, he made it out to be one big problem when it wasn't, but he turned it into a big problem by dwelling on it too much. The only reason he is still at the club is because Lotito feels responsible for what went wrong last year. That's why Lotito has went out and got players this summer. Delio has no excuses this year, he has to deliver and if he doesn't, he will go. I believe Lotito has shown a lot of faith in him and I believe he can be a great manager but only if he has Lotito backing him all the way. If Lotito says we can only spend 10 million a year then Delio has to work with that and not sulk. Sometimes I feel like Delio thinks he is managing Juventus, thinks he can get in who he wants, play who he wants and be successful. You need a certain coach for certain situations, for example, Eriksson and Ranieri are excellent team builders but they don't find winning easy. If they were to manage Barcelona, they would struggle. Whereas, Mourinho is an awful team builder, he can't build a good team but he has the winning mentality, he wins things no matter what he has to work with. What Lazio need from a coach is a team builder, but due to our finances, we need someone who can get the most out of our players. I am not convinced Delio is this kind of manager. I think he can motivate players but I don't think he can keep them motivated. This is why we are trying to offload the likes of Baronio. Also, Delio is not loyal, he is loyal to the people he likes but that's not loyalty. We need him to be loyal to everyone and give everyone a fair chance. I hope we see him change this season.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 101
Country and city : Spain, Coruna.
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:10 pm

but the coach is not just direct the team, he has to control the dreessing room too...
Back to top Go down
IRR87
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 110
Country and city : Belgium Turnhout
Laziale since : 2005

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:13 pm

caxi, do you know anything about football??

I don't know any other manager that is a better team builder than Jose Mourinho.

he made a fantastic team/ group at porto, and he did exactly the same job in chelsea

Never have i seen such groups that want to win for each other.
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:16 pm

Masquerade wrote:
but the coach is not just direct the team, he has to control the dreessing room too...

that's why tare is the new team maanger.
believe me, you cannot control day by day dressing room.
threis lot of word of mouth.

a normal employer would have been fired.
but these guys are football players, what a luck!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:32 pm

IRR87 wrote:
caxi, do you know anything about football??

I don't know any other manager that is a better team builder than Jose Mourinho.

he made a fantastic team/ group at porto, and he did exactly the same job in chelsea

Don't be fooled. Ranieri built Mourinho's Chelsea. Mourinho signed Tiago (flop), Kezman (flop) and Carvalho and Ferreira (who he knew from experience could play for him). At Inter he has signed Mancini and Muntari...bad signings in my opinion.

When he took over Porto, he had a top team already. Fernando Santos had been taking that team to CL quarter-finals and the thing with Porto is they can sign whoever they want in that league. Santos left Mourinho a great side who had money to spend and it was no surprise (for me at least) that they won the CL.

My point was Mourinho can motivate and inspire an average team and turn them into winners. He has never built a team in his career (in my opinion) but he has inherited good sides and turned them into winners. Mourinho has never been at a club long enough to be considered a team builder. Now, my point is, Mourinho at Lazio now, would be useless, theoretically speaking. That is the type of coach we don't need because we are too average to be turned into winners, we need someone to build this team and the next step is to have someone like Mourinho who can inspire us. If we have a coach that can do both, it makes life simpler. Is Delio that man? I don't know...
Back to top Go down
Mafalda
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 628
Country and city : Chile, Santiago
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:35 pm

IRR87 wrote:

Im agree about Mourinho.

In other way Im not a Rossi's fan in fact, I hope he can change my mind this season.
For me, a real coach must be charismatic because has to manage the dress room too, with personality, and support his players all the time.
Im too far, and we dont get much news over here, but I dont feel that Rossi is charismatic and im not sure he really support the players with Lotito and less that he can manage the dress room.
Back to top Go down
nomade
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 233
Country and city : Alexandria, Egypt

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:06 pm

Rossi has lost it, and it's costing us, he has no excuses left...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:15 pm

nomade wrote:
Rossi has lost it, and it's costing us, he has no excuses left...

I want to see if he has "lost it" as you put it or if last season was just a "one off". Delio seems to be a confidence manager and if that's the case, then we will always be unpredictable with him at the helm.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:00 pm

Stubbornness is not a great quality for a coach to have, well most of the time it isn't.
For instance Makinwa. He's been given far too many chances in relation to what he delivered so far.
Of the top of my head I can remember maybe 2 goals and three decent plays he was involved in.
Last season he had his chances, 2 out of three games he came on fo Pandev in the second half near the 70 minute mark and this was supposed to be Rossi's wildcard? Ace from the bench?
Predictability is another one. More variations, more different plays, different approaches to different games, otherwise we get read mid-October and struggle to score against bottom dwellers.
Fortunately riommanisti can't read

Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:29 pm

as we know lazio payed palermo 6.8 mln, a huge amount of money in two different financial sessions.
probably delio is triyng to re-create makinwa's confidence in order to loan him some where else.
the nigerian needed to play, that's why he was in the starting 11 vs benevento.

unfortunetely, it's hard to say, we failed the choice.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:35 pm

Weninho wrote:
If I think Rossi is the man to guide Lazio toward the top of serie A, is however another question. But we're not even close to ready for that jump yet, so to appoint a manager for that mission would be like buying a Ferrari to your 14-year old son. Useless.

Yes, you need certain coaches for certain tasks. I know Delio can get a team to play in difficult circumstances (Atalanta). However, Lazio is a few steps up and although I think Delio has stood up, he has also fallen. Now he needs to pick himself up, dust himself down and prove his worth.
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:10 pm

I don't understand some of Rossi's tactics,but let's hope that he's the real master.Starting many games with Makinwa it's a stange thing,cause we have better solutions for that position:Zarate,Mendicino and in my opinion,Inzaghi too.Foggia should be also a starter,Ledesma NO,but we'll see.Another strange thing what I can't understand is what Rossi saw at Moti?! No And 6 millions for him???!!!!!I can't understand some things,but I hope the time will resolve everything.
My opinion is if he(Rossi) continues with these kind of tactics and with his favourite players,his career at Lazio will finish this year...Cause results won't come with Makinwa,Manfredini and Mauri."M" is Delio's favourite? Suspect Very Happy We have in their place Zarate and Foggia.
Let's hope I will be wrong and Rossi will drive us to success this year!I have confidence in him and in the team!
Forza LAZIOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Today at 11:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Delio Rossi.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next