zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 484
Country and city : Macedonia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:31 pm

i see him how he smoke the cigarette on the public place (in Cagliari stadium) isn't there a law in Italy abut smoking in public ? i think that he should be fined with 500eur
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:56 am

zoran wrote:
i see him how he smoke the cigarette on the public place (in Cagliari stadium) isn't there a law in Italy abut smoking in public ? i think that he should be fined with 500eur
nah, people smoke in Italian stadia

Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:20 pm

c. testa wrote:
zoran wrote:
nah, people smoke in Italian stadia

as long as the place is in the open air, it's allowed to smoke...

you can't smoke in a stadium like Amsterdam Arena.. but in a stadium like Cagliari i think it's allowed..
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:17 pm

sort of ironic, isn't it
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 58
Country and city : Montreal
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:42 pm

someone please fire this man
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:58 pm

If Rossi still keeps playing Mauri instead od Foggia after the Cagliari game and keeps giving Makinwa and Manfredinho playing-time, I'll start Official Club of Anti-Rossi. Just so you know. It anoyes me to see those no-talented-whatsoever players in our shirt.
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Secret_Samadhi wrote:
If Rossi still keeps playing Mauri instead od Foggia after the Cagliari game and keeps giving Makinwa and Manfredinho playing-time, I'll start Official Club of Anti-Rossi. Just so you know. It anoyes me to see those no-talented-whatsoever players in our shirt.

Pls give me a place in your first 11! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:48 pm

LaziOttimo wrote:
Secret_Samadhi wrote:

Pls give me a place in your first 11! Very Happy

You can be vice-president. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NMH
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 20
Country and city : A different planet
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:12 am

nando wrote:
May I ask why you think Rossi should be fired?

Granted, it was a weird choice to start with four CMs but he made the right subs by bringing on Foggia and making our gameplan more wide and we won 4-1.

Do you have a realistic suggestion who could replace Rossi and do a better job than he has? Mind you, Lazio is definitely not the easiest place to work.
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 165
Country and city : italy
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:43 pm

what's wrong with manfredini palying a few minutes in cagliari?

meghni? injured. dabo? injured. mutarelli? he's not welcome from the the squad.
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:18 pm

guardia alta wrote:

Why don't he give some ypungster chance to play some minutes? Instead he gives Manfredinho some minutes, in wich he does nada, nothing, zero. Rather give some youngster chance.
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:47 pm

Secret_Samadhi wrote:
guardia alta wrote:

Why don't he give some ypungster chance to play some minutes? Instead he gives Manfredinho some minutes, in wich he does nada, nothing, zero. Rather give some youngster chance.

that makes no different. right now, in september, delio doesn't want to disturb mr sesena's (primavera coach) by taking him away his players.
two years ago de silvestri was launched as third player in his role only at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:56 pm

NMH wrote:
nando wrote:

Granted, it was a weird choice to start with four CMs but he made the right subs by bringing on Foggia and making our gameplan more wide and we won 4-1.

Do you have a realistic suggestion who could replace Rossi and do a better job than he has? Mind you, Lazio is definitely not the easiest place to work.

Why you ask....simple, i've never seen one coach fight with so many of his own players, the way he treats(ed) current and former players were disgusting...eg muta and zauri(who was our captain and signed a new contract when he could have gotten more money elsewhere, i mean give him some more respect), and for the simple fact that he continually plays manfredini and firmani...its digusting...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:59 pm

I can see both views but to be honest, why put on Makinwa and Manfredini when you are 4-1 up and trying to defend the lead? It would have made more sense to take off Siviglia, who is quite old and could do with a 5-10 minute break and bring on someone like Diakite and get him adusted to the Serie A environment. Sometimes I feel Delio is just trying to make a point with Makinwa and Manfredini and I fail to see what it is.
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:04 pm

NMH wrote:
nando wrote:

and another reason...last year as soon as we qualified for the CL he announced the players who got us into the CL will play, meaning he didnt want many new players on the team, and stuck with the same stale line up. Which to me makes no sense, when a team like lazio qualifies for the CL we need 3-4 new players that can add depth. this transfer season that just passed would have been ideal for last year
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:07 pm

i'll write it down once again Neutral .

zauri had problems (huge problems) with some of his mates.
nothing you can solve by shaking hands and restart again to work together during week by week formello training.

many guys didn't even call him for wishing him good luck when he went to fiorentina on loan. the same for mutarelli.

unfortunately game over for two players.

post scriptum 1: i really don't understand what's wrong with manfredini playing the last 7 minutes vs cagliari.
is it a crime? a robbery?

post scriptum2: what's wrong with firmani? if available he is a good MF sub and he scored three goals last seasons (palermo, parma and napoli). he's a fighter.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:27 pm

I wouldn't say I am biased against against Delio and I know there was a tocuhline ban which may have affected decisions but Delio set up that first half formation and from what I've heard and read, it was disastrous. For the first 60 minutes it seems we were out of it. What happened in the last third of the game was incredible but it still doesn't excuse the first half. Due to the touchline ban, I'm not sure who made the substitutes and why but with a 3 goal lead it was opportunity to give some guys a rest. Like you said Weninho, Siviglia is working well but he can't play 90 minutes every week as his age if we want him to perform. He is more susceptible to injury and fatigue due to his age and I personally feel that 5-10 minutes in a game is actually a decent amount of time to let Siviglia take a breather and bring on some youth. There is nothing wrong with using any other players except we already know what Makinwa and Manfredini give to the team. It's only a small point, nothing major, I would just rather see youth get a chance in such circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Mad Dog
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 15
Country and city : Where the Eagle nests
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:05 am

Weninho wrote:
I don't know the circumstances, but at least he's doing something) and even appointed Tare as a link beetween the management and the squad.

Actually Tare was appointed and chosen by Lotito and Lotito only!
Tare just stated in an interview that at first Delio didn't seem very pleased with this new staff position and that they had different ideas and opinions about how Tare should go about his duties but that they were slowly starting to work things out...

I think that Delio seems very stubborn and wants to run the show 100% according to his own ideas, probably that's why he's pleased we have a president such as Lotito that doesn't put more pressure on him and doesnt get involved in football matters.
Back to top Go down
phantomm1976
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 841
Country and city : kosova
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:03 am

delio have players for every position(maybe one good CD will be great..),i hope that this years we can watch a different tactics(not only one like last year),3 attacking middlefielder it s a capital for a tactics,we are much more better than last year,we can play 4-4-2,4-3-3,4-5-1,3-5-2.De silvestri and Kolarov can join in the middle,Ledesma Dabo in defense,Mauri can be a middlefielder and AM,Foggia everything except defence on the wright side,matusalem,brochi,muta(if he stay) strong midlle(pandev and one of AM will be covering a technical part of middlefield),carizo(we will not be afraid of every shots),Zarate(looks much more serios than makinwa,tare.Delio have a chance to shoes he s potencial(I dont want to say the last chance.I m waiting a loot from these season
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:04 am

Mad Dog wrote:
Weninho wrote:
I don't know the circumstances, but at least he's doing something) and even appointed Tare as a link beetween the management and the squad.

Actually Tare was appointed and chosen by Lotito and Lotito only!
Tare just stated in an interview that at first Delio didn't seem very pleased with this new staff position and that they had different ideas and opinions about how Tare should go about his duties but that they were slowly starting to work things out...

I think that Delio seems very stubborn and wants to run the show 100% according to his own ideas, probably that's why he's pleased we have a president such as Lotito that doesn't put more pressure on him and doesnt get involved in football matters.

Nice one Mad Dog, I think Delio is no longer in line with the Lotito ideals but has his own thoughts and ideas. His stubborness is reflected in his persistance to play the likes of Makinwa and Manfredini. The fact Delio has come out and complained about Lotito signalled to me that he was not pleased about Zarate and Foggia. I feel I have seen evidence of this. I hope he was persuaded last Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:03 am

Weni, I thank you for that post because I didn't see us as differing that much all along.

With regards to the dressing room debate, I believe it is clear that Lotito has covered the whole situation up well. When none of us know what's truly occurred in a bust up that big then something has been done to hide the issue.

None of us who are debating Delio are fans of Lotito, but when it comes to his transfer policy, I can empathise with him. He has actually spent quite a bit of cash but I feel presently Lotito is doing the buying and not Delio. I thought it was pretty clear that Claudio was behind Foggia and Zarate but it's not like Delio has never been given cash. I'm sure Delio was 100% behind the Makinwa deal.

There has been a breakdown and my thoughts are that Lotito has lost faith in Delio's transfer ability. Both guys want the club to move forward. Is it possible that Lotito believes in Delio's "managing" capabilities but not his "man management" or his "talent-spotting". I mean, I'm sure Lotito employed Tare of his own freewill, so what is Igli's role? Will Igli now take over the roles Claudio believes Delio is incapable of?

Both men have their favourites and I just prefer Claudio's favourites. That doesn't mean Delio is wholly responsible and he can pick who he likes, but I expect I certain level of success and for me that is being in with the likes of Samp and Napoli. If he achieves that with a squad consisting of Makinwa, Manfredini and the like then fine, but to be honest, I wouldn't play them and if they makes mistakes, that's Delio's fault. Delio is responsible for player selection.

Would we be better wuth another coach? I don't know. At the minut Delio and Claudio have different visions and if Lotito finds a coach with the same vision as him then that would be ideal. But for now, Lotito needs to get Delio on his side. Lotito can't be sacked, Delio can. I wanted Delio to stay because I believed he would change and thus Lazio would change. I'm not convinced that is the case. I liked the Acori rumour when it was out. Maybe somebody should have acted sooner.
Back to top Go down
howie
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 115
Country and city : Los Angeles, USA
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:18 am

Caxi wrote:
Weni, I thank you for that post because I didn't see us as differing that much all along.

With regards to the dressing room debate, I believe it is clear that Lotito has covered the whole situation up well. When none of us know what's truly occurred in a bust up that big then something has been done to hide the issue.

None of us who are debating Delio are fans of Lotito, but when it comes to his transfer policy, I can empathise with him. He has actually spent quite a bit of cash but I feel presently Lotito is doing the buying and not Delio. I thought it was pretty clear that Claudio was behind Foggia and Zarate but it's not like Delio has never been given cash. I'm sure Delio was 100% behind the Makinwa deal.

There has been a breakdown and my thoughts are that Lotito has lost faith in Delio's transfer ability. Both guys want the club to move forward. Is it possible that Lotito believes in Delio's "managing" capabilities but not his "man management" or his "talent-spotting". I mean, I'm sure Lotito employed Tare of his own freewill, so what is Igli's role? Will Igli now take over the roles Claudio believes Delio is incapable of?

Both men have their favourites and I just prefer Claudio's favourites. That doesn't mean Delio is wholly responsible and he can pick who he likes, but I expect I certain level of success and for me that is being in with the likes of Samp and Napoli. If he achieves that with a squad consisting of Makinwa, Manfredini and the like then fine, but to be honest, I wouldn't play them and if they makes mistakes, that's Delio's fault. Delio is responsible for player selection.

Would we be better wuth another coach? I don't know. At the minut Delio and Claudio have different visions and if Lotito finds a coach with the same vision as him then that would be ideal. But for now, Lotito needs to get Delio on his side. Lotito can't be sacked, Delio can. I wanted Delio to stay because I believed he would change and thus Lazio would change. I'm not convinced that is the case. I liked the Acori rumour when it was out. Maybe somebody should have acted sooner.

I think it's VERY clear that Lottito is the mastermind of all the transfers. Input from Rossi? Sure. But Lottito still does ONLY what he wants. Remember the 7 new players at the last day of the season? Or getting the likes of Quadri and Del Nero to strengthen our CL squad? I doubt any sane manager would request these players for CL.

I also firmly believe that Delio is the best choice for us at our current situation. A new manager would also be in the same situation as long as Lottito is Lottito. Besides there is not many managers (capable ones) who can cope with Lottito's antics. Then what? They'll quit and bring further imbalance to the squad. I think this is also why the ultras did not ask for Delio's head at the end of last season.
Back to top Go down
NMH
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:16 am

nando wrote:

Why you ask....simple, i've never seen one coach fight with so many of his own players, the way he treats(ed) current and former players were disgusting...eg muta and zauri(who was our captain and signed a new contract when he could have gotten more money elsewhere, i mean give him some more respect), and for the simple fact that he continually plays manfredini and firmani...its digusting...

Your points here have already been debated by others so I won't bother with that.

But you still didn't answer this question: Do you have a realistic suggestion who could replace Rossi and do a better job than him?
Back to top Go down
Lazionale
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 15
Country and city : Macedonia, Skopje
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:24 pm

My mind is setup only for Diego Simeone. The only one who is capable to do something for the club and who can attract good players. And not to forget that he is Lazio icon. I would love to see him next year on the bench.
Back to top Go down
NMH
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:55 pm

I love Diego Simeone, and what he has done in his short coaching career is impressive, but he is still tied to a contract with river and thus not available. He has no experience coaching a Serie A team either.

And most important: Simeone is a 'take no crap'-kind of person and I really can't imagine him having a good relationship with Lotito.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delio Rossi.   Today at 3:31 pm

Back to top Go down

Delio Rossi.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next