HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Defense?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Defense?   Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:27 am

Starting from scratch, leaving behind last season wich were awful in many ways. Im really exited about the upcoming season, new players who could prove their money worth.
One thing I was wondering about though, have they forgotten all about the defense? 50 goals against last season speaks for it self, so we must have some players who can improve the defense in cooperation with Carizzo the new no. 1.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:45 am

I agree, if we don't sign another quality central defender like Domizzi or Dainelli then we will finish somewhere between 7-12.

everyone is praising Rozehnal, he did nothing at Newcastle and wasn't that impressive for us last season. Although he did look good at Euro 2008. He's not a bad defender, but shouldn't be our no.1.
Siviglia is 35 and lost all his pace.
Cribari, we dnt know whether he will play well like he did in 06-07, or poor like he did last season.
Radu, promising.

so I think that one more quality man will help us a lot. I think the Romanians said Moti isnt good enough for Lazio??

Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 am

I too think another central defender would strengthen the squad very well.

Dainelli seems very unlikely to come and some Romanian members on this forum believe Moti is not good enough for Serie A and Lazio. Domizzi is the other defender that Lazio have shown interest in over the last month or so but still I don't know how willing Napoli are to letting him go. I have confidence in Stendardo but unfortunately I don't think Rossi and him get along to happily with one another which is a shame in my opinion as he is a good centre back.

Is there a free agent website to see who is available on a free this summer? Very Happy

What about getting a player on loan? Lotito loves these moves and also after a season here Rossi and Lotito can decide if that player is worth purchasing or not? You do not lose much unless they have a good season and their club decides to take them back tongue but it is a possibility if it approaches transfer deadline and Lazio can't get in a quality defender.

Just out of curiousity what is Materazzi's situation at Inter now that Jose is there? Anyone know? I have always liked this guy, he is reckless but a very solid, no nonsense defender I believe who also gets alot of cards however but if the opportunity came, even on a loan, I would dearly love to see Marco in Lazio colours. He has always been one of my most favourite players. This is probably very unlikely but hey, I can dream and hope!

Also what about players who don't get much time at their clubs? Like Rivas of Inter? I haven't seen him play but I have heard good things about him and who knows, maybe Lotito could strike a loan deal here.
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:14 am

I say two central defenders,if we want to achieve something...
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:51 am

Well I believe the management is working on luring a new defender, and is matter of time....
The question is who will be that guy, Rossi talked about Moti, Lotito mentioned about Domizzi....., in the end could be someone else.
Tuia and Diakite are also there(the latter impressed before the injury), but it would be risky for Rossi to rely completely on them.
That why they will do the best for bringing new experienced defender...
Back to top Go down
Dr.Madani
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 35
Country and city : Saudi Arabi
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:28 am

We have 7 defenders (Cribari, Siviglia, Rozenhal, Radu, Tuia, Diakite and new swiss signing Lis. scratch ) which is not enough if we wanna play 3 central defenders supoosing we have 2 injured defenders which will throw the young Tuia and Diakite into action in a time that we dont want them to face super attackers like Kaka, Ronaldhino,trezeguet and Del Piero affraid ,plus it will cost us to lost Kolarov and De Silvestri by throwing them in the midfield an area that they will play its defensive role with excellence but not the important attacking one.

I think our 4-4-2 formation is more suitable with Radu and Lis. and Belleri (who I dont see him as a reliable defender but a good technical option on the bench Twisted Evil )as 3rd back up for all 2 of them playing on the sides as back up for Kla and De Silvestri.
Back to top Go down
Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 135
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:47 pm

I can see after a few months of the new season if theres 4 at the back

De Silvestri Radu Rozhenhal Kolarov
Back to top Go down
David
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 94
Country and city : England
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:36 pm

I think that Siviglia's time is up. Last season he looked slow and was not dominating his area. Cribari although he has pace which is useful against qucik strikers, his positioning let him down. Rozenhal came in towards the latter part of the season and put in some good performances but is not the commanding centre back that we desperatly need. I think Rossi sees Radu as a left back, even though many see him as a centre back.

I feel we need a centre back who has presence, is strong and has superb organisational skills. With player like this he will control the back line. This would help Cribari and Rozenhal who's positioning can cause problems. One of the biggest disappointments about Lazio's defence last season was their lack of organisation. They didn't defend as a unit.

A commanding centre back with great leadership skills is what I would like to see Lazio sign. What his name is? I do not know.
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:49 pm

David wrote:
A commanding centre back with great leadership skills is what I would like to see Lazio sign. What his name is? I do not know.

100% you are right, it is really hard to find such a defender at the moment, I do miss Oddo and Peruzzi time with Lazio they were doing the dirty job: cleaning up Cribari and Sivigilia mess.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:52 am

Sturges wrote:
I can see after a few months of the new season if theres 4 at the back

De Silvestri Radu Rozhenhal Kolarov

That looks like a good selection but how much experience has Radu had at centre back?

I would love to see more of Diakite this season as he did well for Lazio in the 2 or 3 games he got 2 seasons ago before his long injuries, including a broken leg.
Also I hope to see some Primavera players given opportunities this season like Tuia definitely.
Back to top Go down
vent
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Craiova/Bucharest, Romania
Laziale since : 11.09.1981

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:58 am

IMO we really need a CB... last season our defense was so weak... 2 seasons ago the defense was solid and we managed to get a Cl spot. i`m not very confident that we can achieve many things playing with only 3 defenders, since we lost 2 important DM, Mudy and Mutarelli
Back to top Go down
Goerlandt
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 273
Country and city : Belgium-Waregem
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:48 am

vent wrote:
IMO we really need a CB... last season our defense was so weak... 2 seasons ago the defense was solid and we managed to get a Cl spot. i`m not very confident that we can achieve many things playing with only 3 defenders, since we lost 2 important DM, Mudy and Mutarelli

Mutarelli is still at Lazio... But DM is not a position to worry about guys, we have Dabo, Firmani, (Matuzalem). We just need a central defender and maybe a midfielder(Fernandez won't come I guess).
Back to top Go down
vent
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Craiova/Bucharest, Romania
Laziale since : 11.09.1981

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:55 am

Goerlandt wrote:
vent wrote:

Mutarelli is still at Lazio... But DM is not a position to worry about guys, we have Dabo, Firmani, (Matuzalem). We just need a central defender and maybe a midfielder(Fernandez won't come I guess).

if Mutarelli goes away, we only have Dabo+Ledesma...we cant count Firmani, he`s not that good... and Matuzalem is an offensive midfielder
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:54 pm

If Lotito brings in just one more player to Lazio this mercato, I would be happy with a good, solid central defender.
That is what the squad really needs in my opinion. Players like Pinzi and Fernandez would be great to bring in obviously, but I do not think they are needed as much as a defender is at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:30 pm

I have been nagging a bit about this at the forum now; Domizzi would be a great signing for us. Solid central defender, Italian (dont want us to become Inter2) and should have his heart with Lazio. I know things are not that easy, but I think Lotito should seriously try to sort out a deal with Napoli and get Domizzi...
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 165
Country and city : italy
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Cash wrote:
I have been nagging a bit about this at the forum now; Domizzi would be a great signing for us. Solid central defender, Italian (dont want us to become Inter2) and should have his heart with Lazio. I know things are not that easy, but I think Lotito should seriously try to sort out a deal with Napoli and get Domizzi...

mmm ... domizzi is left footed.
we already have radu in the squad.
and we'll play with 4 defenders.
cheers.
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:11 pm

I would welcome a left footed CB.Radu's original position is LB,that why I want to see him there.We don't have so many left footed defenders in the squad!
But not Moti please... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Masquerade
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 101
Country and city : Spain, Coruna.
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:09 pm

we really need two central defenders now1! siviglia is a replacement he is 35 years old we cannot put him play 90 minutes. Cribari...well Cribari is very irregular some good seasons...some bad seasons. Rozhenal isnt a bad defender, i like him a lot. but we have to accept that its a medium defender.radu is a promising one, like de silvestri, but de silvestri i like more in the left or right running a lot. we really need two defenders with experience to help juan pablo.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:24 pm

I think Rozenhal can be a defender to rely on, no doubt. He showed in the French league that he can, as well as in his NT. The problem is the other spot in central defence. That is were we really need to find a good and reliable CB. The rest of the guys in the squad will work good as substitutes. With Radu, Kolarov, Lichsteiner, Belleri and De Silvestri we have enough players to cover the LB and RB...
Back to top Go down
Ermin
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 171
Country and city : Sweden,Tranas
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:41 am

Weninho wrote:

I however agree that we need to strenghten in that position - in the middle - as I always thought Cribari/Siviglia is pretty avarage for serie A. Domizzi would have been a good option, but unfortunately he's a riomanista, and for me that's enough for not wanting him in Lazio again. There are not so many central defenders on the market, so I think it will be hard to find someone up for the task. I always suggested and wanted Dario Simic, to bad he went to Monaco now.

Who knows, maybe Rossi wants to leave that space open and think about the future? We have Tuia and Faraoni, supposely two of our biggest talents in a long time. Maybe next season it's their turn.
I agree we should probably get a solid CB but can't deny i am a little curious about the thought of us going into the season like this and giving Dikate and Tuia a fair shot at getting that CB spot at least until to januari but I understand if that's a too big risk to take since we could have fallen to long behind the other teams until Januari if the experiment dose'nt turn out well...
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:31 pm

I always thought Domizzi was Laziale. He played for us before and I had no clue he was merda...If so, I dont want him in my squad EVER!
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:53 pm

If we are going to be 100% honest neither Kolarov nor DeSilvestri are good enough to be first choice as fullbacks either. DeSilvestri maybe but Kolarov? If it wasn't for his left foot he'd be a serie B player.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:00 pm

centrocampista wrote:
If we are going to be 100% honest neither Kolarov nor DeSilvestri are good enough to be first choice as fullbacks either. DeSilvestri maybe but Kolarov? If it wasn't for his left foot he'd be a serie B player.

I think both these guys are players that can be used in our squad as starters, even though I prefer Radu over Kolarov. They are both young and have an enormous capacity to develop. De Silvestri is def good enough to be a starter and I prefer him over Lichsteiner even though the latter has been very impressive in friendlies. I think we are well covered on these two positions, nothing to really be worried about here.
Depending on what formatin we will use, I think Kolarov could also be used as midfielder. But of course this is totally dependent on what formation Mister decides to use.

I feel I am a bit unfocused in this post, but I am trying to say that De Silvestri will be an imoprtant player for us from now and in the future, but just as any other youngster he is not consistent enough yet. Kolarov needs to develop his tachtical and defensive play, and he will with time and games, and will also develop into a good enough Serie A player. And with a left foot like his, he is an asset to have as long as he is not a disaster...
Back to top Go down
zaak
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 31
Country and city : PA USA
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:28 am

Radu is definitely safer than Kolarov on the left, I like kolarov but he's more of a LWB his Free Kicks are amazing but defensively not as good as Radu. Cribari and Rozenhal could be our CB but another addition wouldn't hurt (we have to get rid of Standardo first) anything happened with Motti??

De Silvestri Rozenhal Cribari Radu

wouldn't be bad at all especially with Carrizzo in goal now.

Stephan Lichtsteiner: so far from our friendlies probably our best acquisition this summer, Not sure if he would be better than De Silvestre but he deserves a spot in the first 11, maybe RM.
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:02 am

I think how our defenders will perfom this year will be mostly surrounded by the season cribari will have. I dont trust siviglia anymore, hes just too slow now, and to be honest, he is no maldini... If cribari has a good season, then im not too worried and really why not? we all know the talent is there, and last season they were all awful every one of them.

Cribari still has the age to jump back and witha new atmoshpere in the team and a settle rozehnal i think we are allright

Rozehnal has proved he is a good defender, and i think hes settling in well..
my back 4:

Radu--Cribari--Rozehnal--Lorenzo

sorry to kolarov, but hes a great option if we need some attacking options in the 2nd half.

This season is perfect to build for the future a new cb would mean that diakite tuia and faraoni will not be playing much, we will only be playing coppa and league and with siviglia there they are already back in the pecking order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defense?   Today at 11:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Defense?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next