AuthorMessage
LazioKosovo
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 16
Country and city : Mitrovica, Kosova
Laziale since : 1993/94
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:41 pm

I am sceptical about Stankovic. He is not anymore the player he used to be. He was great during his spell at Lazio and during first two years at Inter, after that he is progressively dropping back from his form and he was not able to contribute to game as he used to.
Last year was distastrous for him. I still do not understand on what basis he was regular Inter starter (I actually know: Mancini-Mihajlovic). And in the national team he was more-less ghost. Reading the various forum on National team you could understand that they were happy when he would not play for them.
besides we need another playmaker to replace Ledesma.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:52 pm

Wow, this whole Ledesma thing has blown out of proportion. I don't get Ledesma. Usually he's a really quiet guy. I think that everyone agrees that it would be better to sell him now than to loose him next year for a much smaller amount. This is not what we needed right now with the preparations for the next season over (in Auronzo). If he leaves we would need a creative midfielder.

I wouldn't want to sell Ledesma to some of our direct rivals but there are some interesting and young players we could get in exchange:

Ledesma to:
-- INTER for PELE
-- JUVENTUS for MARCHISIO
-- VALENCIA for BANEGA
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:14 pm

ledesma for banega. i only wish, but lets focus on real transfer targets.
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:57 pm

I too do not like Ledesma's supposed attitude, but who knows, this could be the media's exaggeration. However, what I am worried about is letting go of a player that's a regular starter and usually a crutch for our coach's tactic this close to the beginning of the season. Whether we like him or not, or whether he's world class or mediocre, he has made himself a hinge for this squad. I don't like the idea of a new face coming in so close to the start of league play and having to learn our system and our squad. I think the team would suffer over all taking time for whoever to adapt to the club. If the offer is true from inter for 12m, then it's hard to pass up, but if not and Ledesma ends up leaving next summer for less? I don't know, I guess I'm trying to think of what's the greatest good for Lazio now? At least next summer there is time to find a replacement. And who knows, after this season, players maybe more interested in playing in a sky blue shirt if we have a good term.
Back to top Go down
Uragano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 421
Country and city : US, Washington DC
Laziale since : 1985

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:03 pm

Well said, Treq. I think that's the only way we can look at it.

If the price is right...he has to go and I hope we get a good replacement.

Otherwise, he has to stay put and help the team the best he can and opt
out next year.
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:46 pm

Trequartista wrote:
I too do not like Ledesma's supposed attitude, but who knows, this could be the media's exaggeration. However, what I am worried about is letting go of a player that's a regular starter and usually a crutch for our coach's tactic this close to the beginning of the season. Whether we like him or not, or whether he's world class or mediocre, he has made himself a hinge for this squad. I don't like the idea of a new face coming in so close to the start of league play and having to learn our system and our squad. I think the team would suffer over all taking time for whoever to adapt to the club. If the offer is true from inter for 12m, then it's hard to pass up, but if not and Ledesma ends up leaving next summer for less? I don't know, I guess I'm trying to think of what's the greatest good for Lazio now? At least next summer there is time to find a replacement. And who knows, after this season, players maybe more interested in playing in a sky blue shirt if we have a good term.

I agree with you.It very hard to decide now.If we don't sell him,probably we can make a good season.But then next year we'll loose him for nothing.Or in the worst case he will play like smelling as,his mind being on his departure from us.You don't know what's in the future.
We can also sell him now at a good price and then we can buy a replacement.But then,you cannot know if he can play Ledesma's role.But if he can?Then our management is professional Very Happy

I think if we analise the 2 situations,the 2nd one sounds a little bit better.Nope?
Back to top Go down
LofL
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 298
Country and city : Florĝ, Norway
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:30 am

So how much does Ledesma have a year with the current contract? This article 17 is so stupid.....and only benefit the rich clubs.
Back to top Go down
Mafalda
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 628
Country and city : Chile, Santiago
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:39 am

valdanito_10 wrote:
ledesma for banega. i only wish, but lets focus on real transfer targets.

Im agree but Valencia could give us Banega???
I like that guy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:40 am

I agree with you Treq.

I like Ledesma and I also think if Lazio were to let Ledesma leave now, it would be hard to find a player like him who would slot into the first team lineup straight away. This takes time and the new season begins in less than a month. It would not be impossible but given the amount of time given, it would be a testing experience!

Then again, Matuzalem and Dabo in the centre would be a good combination I think and if Pele or someone comes in, then they would add more depth there. Also considering that Pele for example, does alot of attacks.

If the Inter offer is true (12 million plus Pele).... then it is a very interesting and tempting one I believe, but I have faith that Rossi and Lotito will know what is best for the team and hopefully that is what will come out of it all!
Back to top Go down
rockybalboa83
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 393
Country and city : Australia,Melbourne
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Freddie - You have to be kidding?   Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:04 am

Lazio line up Freddie
Sources in Italy suggest that Lazio are showing an interest in West Ham midfielder Freddie Ljungberg. The former Arsenal star is allegedly seen as surplus to requirements for the Hammers after a disastrous injury season. Reports suggest that Lazio want the Swedish international to stabilise their midfield and that he would be allowed to leave Upton Park for just £3m.

This is from Channel4 italia...

Surely this is a bad source...Ljungberg is finished...slow, injury prone..would add no value to our great team...he is a has been..
Back to top Go down
rockybalboa83
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Inter for Ledesma   Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:15 am

Inter Milan are pondering a move for Lazio midfielder Cristian Ledesma. With threats of buying out his contract next summer, Lazio president Claudio Lotito could be convinced to cash in on Ledesma now. La Repubblica says Inter president Massimo Moratti is ready to offer £9 million plus Portuguese midfielder Pele in exchange for Ledesma.

source tribalfootball.com

Ok...firstly, whilst I agree with the majority,if Ledesma does intend to leave next season, regrettably lets get rid of this guy, because like Behrami he does not deserve to wear our colours. Obviously if he and his agent are just wanting to blackmail lazio with the fifa 17 clause I don't want him at the club. To be honest, sure great talent, but he had a terrible season last season, and doesn't really justify a huge increase to the level of Rocchi and Pandev who are so consistent.

We now have Matuzalem who is a great talent, i believe he can fill this roll if not let us cash in on Ledesma and go back to the market..

In my opinion This deal above is not enough. We need 10m + for ledesma. and this Pele from what I have seen he is grosely overrated. I think this guy is not for lazio. How about 13m plus stankovic? id prefer that.

Cash in if there is any more intimidation from the Ledesma crew.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:53 am

I think the Ljungberg report may be true as this is what I found on a West Ham supporters website.... http://www.clubfanzine.com/west_ham_united/v2.showNews.php?id=12566

Meanwhile, Reports are gathering pace around Upton Park regarding Freddy Ljungberg's future at the Club - The swedish winger is said to have been on Lazio's shopping list - with the arrival of Behrami that move could well be on the cards - it wouldn't do the wage bill any harm either.

He was incredible at Arsenal but that was several years now. He was injured for a majority of last season so for that I do not think Lazio need him. If he was to replicate his Arsenal form then heck yes I would love to see Freddie in a Lazio jersey but that is unlikely to happen. The other report posted here says he can leave for 3 million pounds which I think could be better spent....

Regarding Ledesma and Inter being linked to him I guess 9 million and Pele (I assume full ownership) would be a good deal but I do not know how much I am keen to see Ledesma leave. If he really does have a negative attitude and will leave next season on a free then I would be more than happy to part ways with him. Matuzalem is capable of filling that role and with Dabo beside him in the heart of midfield I think they could potentially form a great partnership linking up defense with attack. Also Pele would provide good cover there....

Perhaps the money and Stankovic would be a better deal even though I like Pele.... or ask for a defender?
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:47 am

rockybalboa83 wrote:
Surely this is a bad source...Ljungberg is finished...slow, injury prone..would add no value to our great team...he is a has been..
Exactly my thoughts.... No No
Back to top Go down
CaptainLazio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 177
Country and city : Denmark, Gentofte
Laziale since : a long time ago...
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:30 am

Stendardo the new name for the defense

Instead of engaging Matteo Ferrari or Mirel Radoi, Inter could swoop on Lazio defender Guglielmo Stendardo, last year on loan at Juventus. The negotiation seems to be actually in stand-by as the roman club's chairman Claudio Lotito has aked Pelé, that Inter would prefer to keep
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:36 am

usampa wrote:
rockybalboa83 wrote:
Exactly my thoughts.... No No

if last season he has a good season, he wouldn't want to join us ever like right now

a form can be resurrected, people can be better in his second chance as long as he has a motivation to do it... remember, if Freddy wants to join us in our salary range, it only proof that he has the motivation to proof himself, he's only 31, not that old..

he was still in form in his last arsenal days.. playing in West Ham of course different like in Arsenal, he couldn't bring the team up himself.. let alone he was unlucky with the injury...

I bet he will still be a useful player.. remember robert pires...

However... we don't need him alright.. to much player who could play in his position already... Foggia, Mauri, Meghni, Pandev, Zarate.. we need DMC and CB, that's it
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 123
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:53 pm

Hmm Ljungberg to Lazio .. well the media has good imagination at least

You could find both pro's and cons on this "transfer" .. but no point in doing so .. he won't come

His salary at West Ham is (according to media) £80.000 a week .. so in 10-15 weeks he earns a years salary at Lazio .. I doubt he would cut his salary that much just to prove himself

But if he would accept Lotitos salary .. sure bring him here .. he will be useful

Another positive aspect will be that Swedish tv will show more Laziogames Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:41 pm

I'm just wondering if he has space in our scheme...He is mainly a left winger or an attacking left midfielder but in his position we have Mauri, Foggia, Meghni...so why pay for him and not buy a defender...Moti is a better siging than Freddy...

On other note, I am happy to see that our summer transfer campaign brought supporters back to stadium! We are close to 25.000 subscribers which is more than Fiorentina has....:)
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:43 pm

Ljungberg is a mess, he doesnt manage many games per season. He is over, finished, has nothing more to give...The ONLY positive thing would be us Laziali in sweden being shown more games on telli! cheers
Back to top Go down
rockybalboa83
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Lotito - Double Sale for Ledesma & Stendardo   Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:00 am

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=802182

As I have said in my previous posts, two players that i think are not indispensable at Lazio. Ledesma if it means he is going to leave cheaply next season lets get rid of this guy and go back to the market with more transfer funds. If we get 10m plus a Pele or Stankovic, its a win for Lazio. We don't want Ledesma leaving for 3 million..

Stendardo its a shame he didnt get on at lazio because I think he adds good intensity and aggression but lets get rid of him and go back to the market.

10m plus stankovic i would be quite happy for Ledesma.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:06 am

rockybalboa83 wrote:

Stendardo its a shame he didnt get on at lazio because I think he adds good intensity and aggression but lets get rid of him and go back to the market.

10m plus stankovic i would be quite happy for Ledesma.

It is a shame that Stendardo has not been a favourite with Rossi in charge as I really like this guy and he plays pretty well in my opinion. Nothing special, just solid and good in set pieces too. He is also young and will surely develop further.... he was on the brink of being called up to the Azzurri NT a year ago I think which surely shows he is recognised as at least an average player. I would love for him to stay but I do not think both he and Rossi are keen on the idea so I guess selling him off is better than loaning him out for another season or so.

As Inter seem to be interested in both Ledesma and Stendardo then perhaps offer them both for like 15 million plus a player would be good I would imagine so. But 10 million and Stankovic for Ledesma alone is a very tempting offer!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:13 am

if we keep Stendardo and Ledesma, i think we got a chance of grabbing a CL spot. in doing so, we would gain, how much, maybe 25-30 million and we could maybe convince these guys that Lazio is for them or at least convince them not to use Article whatever and sell them for a fair price, in the process, we gain nice secure finances, have CL too lookm forward to and we can start rebuilding a team that can challenge for the scudetto.

now we can call the Stendardos, the Ledesmas, the Behramis and all the others disloyal until we are blue in the face but if we had a coach and president who had the man management to keep everyone happy then we wouldn't be facing this scenario of uncertainty. of course, this would be an ideal world but can anyone deny the fact that Rossi and Lotito are not helping this situation?
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:26 am

I would take Pele over Stankovic. Pele is a lot younger and will only improve, not to mention his value will increase so one day we may sell him for a lot of money.

I already said, as good as Ledesma can be, its not worth keeping a player in this situation when we risk disrupting the team, and there are potentially very good offers coming from a big club (Inter). We can come out of this deal, the big winners.

Lotito and Rossi aren't helping no, but I am happy that Lotito doesnt just give in to the agents and hand out unncessary money. Although, he should attend organised meetings. In this particular case, I think its the agent of Ledesma who has ruined the situation.

-----------------

As for Stendardo, good defender he is. I reckon he's better than Rozehnal, and can score the odd goal from a corner too. If he and Rossi don't get along then so be it, use him to bargain with other clubs and sign a replacement. We can cover him.

Djokovic
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 68
Country and city : Canada, Toronto
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:28 am

wow Stankovic is linked with Lazio again. That is crazy.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:52 pm

I prefer Pele over Stankovic. I don't want Stankovic back at Lazio.
At the start of the 2003/2004 season he was one of our best players, making assists and often scoring the only goal of the game but after he set his mind on joining Inter he just started playing poorly and he wasn't injured or anything like that.
Moratti wanted Mancini as coach of Inter and they already started drawing up playing players who Mancini would like to have at his disposal.
Eventually Lazio had to sell Stankovic.

Besides, I'm sure Stankovic would like to play the CL and Juventus can offer him that and Juve can pay his high wages (more than 4 million euro per season).
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:35 pm

If Deki can come back, I would take him anyday anytime over any other player.
I think with him we could grow big again.
And, if you remember even Murinho said: Deki was never as good at Inter as he was at Lazio.
Plus, he brings motivation to the team and supporters.
But, I know it is impossible...4 mill per year... Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Today at 4:53 am

Back to top Go down

Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next