AuthorMessage
flurffmeister
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 269
Country and city : Canada/Alberta/Calgary Beirut/Lebanon
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 pm

i dont freakin get ! Moti has always been below par or average... he's not that good player why paying 6 million for such a defender when u have better than him? Rozehnal radu cribari tuia .
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:01 am

I've heard the news in Romania that Milan is chasing Radu actually and that there is an agreement that next year they will get him if he confirms as Nesta's replacement.
Sounds like bullshit, but Ancelotti was also in Bucharest talking with Radu's agent few weeks ago...so I'm just wondering...in that case it would make sense that we want Moti so bad...
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:27 am

Hey guys, you are very partial towards Moti. I don't know why, after ,I assume, none of us here have ever watched him(except the few Romanian guys).

On the other hand you are praising unproved players like Stendardo, put on doubts decent players like Rozehnal and Cribari, as if they are complete amateurs or something , I don't know...

No offense , it is just strange to me how little faith you have in our coach requests (Moti), and what confidence you are giving to players as Stendardo for example, or Domizzi or Dainelli....Put yourself together, I can not imagine Rossi and Lotito to put so much pressure on Motis case for nothing!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:48 am

I haven't seen enough of Moti to comment on him, but name me another club who are after him?

Cribari is a good player, but he had a terrible season last year and an awful game against Rimini.

Rozehnal is a Czech regular, but he was abysmal in the Premiership, although he was given little time and before that, he played for a very average team, he has been solid at times, but I still have my doubts based on what I've seen.

Stendardo did well for us and the fact he was being tipped for an Azzurri call up a year or so ago on top of the fact he was loaned to Juventus says to me he is not a bad player.

Moti has played for a good romanian side, he is young and can improve, but he's not a national team regular, no Serie A experience and he will cost us at least 6 million euro...there are better options out there, surely.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:27 am

Caxi I am not questioning Stendardos talent. But he is undeveloped player, unproved yet.His talent is bright, but he didn't do something unforgettable and he wasn't stable at all.

Quote :
I haven't seen enough of Moti to comment on him, but name me another club who are after him?

Ok, name me one club who is after Domizzi or Dainelli....

Quote :
Moti has played for a good romanian side, he is young and can improve, but he's not a national team regular, no Serie A experience and he will cost us at least 6 million euro...there are better options out there, surely.

Remember Radu, who knew about him, except the Romanian guys. For one season he made authority , and now everyone is talking about him. Everyone want him as regular player,including me.
Quote :

Cribari is a good player, but he had a terrible season last year and an awful game against Rimini.

Cribari is question mark, no doubts, but he is still able to contribute, especially with help from someone like Rozehnal! Not to mention it is totally inappropriate to judge him for his performance against Rimini. This are educative games, in Seria A will be quite different.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:44 am

usampa wrote:
Caxi I am not questioning Stendardos talent. But he is undeveloped player, unproved yet.His talent is bright, but he didn't do something unforgettable and he wasn't stable at all.

Quote :

Ok, name me one club who is after Domizzi or Dainelli....

Quote :

Remember Radu, who knew about him, except the Romanian guys. For one season he made authority , and now everyone is talking about him. Everyone want him as regular player,including me.
Quote :

Cribari is question mark, no doubts, but he is still able to contribute, especially with help from someone like Rozehnal! Not to mention it is totally inappropriate to judge him for his performance against Rimini. This are educative games, in Seria A will be quite different.

I totally agree with you on Cribari, in fact, if you read some of my previous posts about him on other threads, I have defeded him quite enough already.

Big difference between Radu and Moti, as far I can see. Firstly, Moti is two years older, secondly Radu is higher up the Romania hierarchy and thirdly, Radu was labelled the new "Chivu". Moti is just another romanian defender from what most people have said.

I'd have Dainelli over Moti any day. I don't think Domizzi is world class, but he's experienced, he knows the league, he's laziale and he's probably more capable of slotting into our defence. Stendardo also has experience and I think he has played enough games in Serie A for him to be judged.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:09 am

Quote :
Big difference between Radu and Moti, as far I can see. Firstly, Moti is two years older, secondly Radu is higher up the Romania hierarchy and thirdly, Radu was labelled the new "Chivu". Moti is just another romanian defender from what most people have said

Where is the big difference ? These 2 years could only help Moti for better adjustment in the squad.Radu was labelled the new Chivu in Romania, but this is not reason on which we could make opinions about him. In Bulgaria for example we have players which are called next Stoickov , or Deco and so on, but they are far away from their quality. Remember Meghni, who was named next Zidane, I like him but he has nothing in common with Zizu.
The fact is Romania has many quality defenders, maybe for Moti has no room in their National Team, but I can not believe Lotito is crazy enough to spend 6 mil euro for nothing. Except that I give credit to Rossi, because allegedly he insists for Moti!
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:13 pm

6 million euro for a Romanian who is not so known and is not being chased by a lot of clubs does seem a bit too much. But if Rossi thinks Moti's the man he needs for the three man defense then OK. Our defense should be Moti - Rozehnal - Radu. I like the 3-4-2-1 formation, it could really work for us. The problem is that with both De Silvestri and Kolarov at the Olympics, Rossi can't see how will it work with them both in the line-up. If he decides to go for a 4 man defense, then that would mean that one of Radu or Kolarov will get to play as first choice.

I see we are definitely intent on keeping Manfredini. Rossi hates Baronio's guts so hopefully he'll be gone before the team returns from Auronzo.

Does anyone know is the club planning to keep Belleri? Wasn't De Silvestri meant to be first choice with Lichtsteiner as back-up. So why keep Belleri then? I haven't seen a transfer rumor concerning Belleri for quite a while.

If we don't get Fernandez, I'm all for of keeping Mutarelli. He brings some steel to the midfield. Both Kolarov and De Silvestri are pretty offensive and if we lead a game for example 2:0 and it's the 80th minute Rossi could take out Matuzalem and bring in Muta.

We have a lot of offensive power up front. I believe it would be better to have Zarate as the target man playing in front of Mauri and Pandev. Substitutes for them are Meghni and Foggia. In this case I don't see a place for Rocchi.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:21 pm

Belleri was thought of as leaving, but since we sold Zauri and Behrami and brought in only Lichtsteiner, he is probably going to stay, unless, maybe we get Fernandez.

Pinzi deal could be back on now, or perhaps a move for Guana.

I'm beginning to think Rocchi will not be so important for us this year. our new signings have left him a bit needless in the starting eleven and maybe Rossi needs to rethink this.

still a lot of issues that need to be sorted and they're all transfer related, but with the new season only a month away, we need to close our mercato very soon.
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:44 pm

There are new qoutes for Fernandez that he want to rejoin with his x-teammate Carrizo.
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 58
Country and city : Montreal

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Caxi wrote:
Belleri was thought of as leaving, but since we sold Zauri and Behrami and brought in only Lichtsteiner, he is probably going to stay, unless, maybe we get Fernandez.

Pinzi deal could be back on now, or perhaps a move for Guana.

I'm beginning to think Rocchi will not be so important for us this year. our new signings have left him a bit needless in the starting eleven and maybe Rossi needs to rethink this.

still a lot of issues that need to be sorted and they're all transfer related, but with the new season only a month away, we need to close our mercato very soon.

which signings?....last i checked he is still our only competent CF who can put in 15 goals a year
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Pandev scores that in a season too and Zarate is here now and Foggia is back and where does Rocchi fit in then is the question?
Back to top Go down
Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 135
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:31 pm

Caxi wrote:
Pandev scores that in a season too and Zarate is here now and Foggia is back and where does Rocchi fit in then is the question?

Need of leadership, experience and consistency

To be honest I cant believe what Im hearing about Rocchi
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:38 pm

well, Rocchi is going to have to come back from the olympics and prove he has the qualities to demand a starting place. that is all.

Rossi has a tough selection process and if he brings in Fernandez or Pinzi, it makes the selection even tougher.
Back to top Go down
Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Caxi wrote:
well, Rocchi is going to have to come back from the olympics and prove he has the qualities to demand a starting place. that is all.

Rossi has a tough selection process and if he brings in Fernandez or Pinzi, it makes the selection even tougher.

Nope sorry dont agree, He has the proven qualities in Serie A we have seen that. Its up to Zarate to show hes good enough to start. And he is lucky that Rocchi is at the Olympics because he can be put in place straight away
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 688
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:49 pm

You cannot be serious Caxi! Rocchi is the leader and symbol of the team and our top scorer for 4 years running. His link up with Pandev is almost telepathic and he can hold the ball up, which none of the other forwards can. I hope Zarate fits in too with Pandev slightly deeper, like he played when Bianchi arrived. The lack of decent reserve strikers means I can see Foggia or Mauri play the trequartista role behind two of the three forwards at times but even then I'm sure Rocchi will play the majority of matches as he is the main striker. I think the midfield and defence will be far more problematic in sorting out than the forwards.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:43 pm

the transfers of such attack minded players means we have a lot of competition in the forward area and Rocchi will have to compete just like anyone else. I wouldn't like to see Zarate sitting on the bench just because Rocchi has been our best player in recent years.

when I see Milan struggling, I sometimes think that the coach should have had more guts and left out the likes of Maldini. same with the England team. Lampard is a good player but doesn't fit the system.

if we secure Fernandez or Pinzi or any other midfielder who is not defense minded, it adds to the selection problems. if we went 4-4-2 for example, so many quality players would hit the bench.

I want to see Rossi have the courage to drop those who don't perform, he didn't do it last year, he played around with the squad and it cost us.
Back to top Go down
Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:01 pm

Caxi wrote:
the transfers of such attack minded players means we have a lot of competition in the forward area and Rocchi will have to compete just like anyone else. I wouldn't like to see Zarate sitting on the bench just because Rocchi has been our best player in recent years.

Nobody saying that though, all I am saying is it shouldnt be up to Rocchi who is tried and trusted to prove himself its up to Zarate or a system change.
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 58
Country and city : Montreal

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:07 pm

Caxi wrote:

rocchi is completely different from those aforementioned players. rocchi is a centre forward, while the ones you named are supportive forwards. pandev zarate and foggia all specialize in playing behind players like rocchi. rocchi will definitely be in our starting 11...

a forward line of

-----------Foggia-------------------------zarate

-----------------------pandev

makes no sense really as they are all very similar
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:24 pm

it's just going to be interesting to see what Rossi does, for if he brings in Fernandez, I think it increases selection issues because Foggia could also play in midfield, as could Mauri and somewhere in that midfield or attack, there would be 2 or 3 quality players on the bench.

I agree with those that say it's up to Zarate and Foggia to put Rocchi out of the team with their performances, but Rocchi will miss the first few games and if we put in some good peformances, what happens?

when you have too many players of similar quality, it can cause problems. I love Rocchi, he has been great for us, but so has Pandev and so could Foggia and Zarate and I just wouldn't like to make the choice. I just wish Rossi would concentrate on a holding player and a defender because I don't want to see us with too much depth in one area (attack) and too little in another area (defence). that would cause major problems.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:43 pm

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul27o.html

Rossi wants Pandev and Ledesma to stay and the article also hints that Behrami never used Article 17.
Back to top Go down
rikk
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 16
Country and city : Rome
Laziale since : birth
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Ledesma's manager another time said that Ledesma will leave lazio in june 2009.

http://www.calciomercato.it/dettaglioNewsCategoria.asp?hdnIdCategoria=2&hdnId=20255&hdnCommenti=1
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:04 pm

it definitely seems that the negotitations for Pandev are going better than those for Ledesma, but we will see.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:55 pm

rikk wrote:
Ledesma's manager another time said that Ledesma will leave lazio in june 2009.

http://www.calciomercato.it/dettaglioNewsCategoria.asp?hdnIdCategoria=2&hdnId=20255&hdnCommenti=1

What else can an agent say to get his client a higher salary? If everything tuirns out so that Ledesma wants to leave next year, then ciao ciao Ledesma!As it is now, he is a Lazio player and he will be that until he signs with another club...

About your recent discussion.
I think Rocchi is a starting man for us (he has shown quality, consistency etc), but as Caxi wrote, all players must show themselves and no one should be given a starting spot just because they have a name, is a cap or anything similar. If things turn out great and we are unbeaten when Rocchi and De Silvestri get back - I trust Rossi to stiull pick the best team for the coming game, no matter if it is Rocchi, Pandev, Mauri, Zarate, Makinwa, Foggia or any other player that is in the debate for a spot...the best TEAM should always be fielded...one week it may be with Rocchi, the next week without.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:07 am

exactly the point I was trying to make.

I thought Rossi was indecisive at times last year and if we keep pursuing the likes of Fernandez, his choices in attack are many. I trust he can make the right decisions, but he needs to be courageous about it if he has to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Today at 9:51 am

Back to top Go down

Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next