AuthorMessage
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:58 pm

If we get Pele, then is goodbye Fernandez and Pinzi...and we can afford Pele only as a loan, meaning that we will train him for Inter...
I like him, I think he would do great, but I think it's financially much better to buy Pinzi or Fernandez than to train players for Inter....
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:08 pm

Lotito said something interesting last week which caught my eye.

He said that Lazio were still in the market for new players and that we could see a few more additions, but he also stated that we need to see how the squad shapes up basically.

It kind of suggested to me that they would wait until the pre-season is nearly complete and then bring in the players to cover the positions where we need depth. Considering the transfer slowdown at the minute, this could be the case. Perhaps Lotito didn't want to miss out like last mercato and he got the ball rolling quick and maybe he is now reluctant to reinforce if we don't really need to.
Back to top Go down
Amir
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:26 pm

It appears that it is inevitable the arrival of another midfielder.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Amir wrote:

of course it is...we need a DM
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:45 pm

Roman_Eagle wrote:
Amir wrote:

We need solid right attacking midfielder, we can rely on Manfredini only as deep substitute and of course we should think about future, he is already drained. We have Lichtstainer there but that is not enough , considering he is going to be substitute to De Silvestri as well.
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 pm

usampa wrote:
Roman_Eagle wrote:
Amir wrote:

We need solid right attacking midfielder, we can rely on Manfredini only as deep substitute and of course we should think about future, he is already drained. We have Lichtstainer there but that is not enough , considering he is going to be substitute to De Silvestri as well.

Then again chances are we are either going to play 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 in which case we won't really need a classic RM. In the first case we will need a two way midfielder and Dabo played very well in this position last season, in the second case we will have Lichtsteiner and De Silvestri as options for the right fullback. Now, if this Fernandez is indeed similar to Camoranesi as rumoured, he might be great addition to a three man midfield, if he is a classic RM who likes to play close to the touchline, I am not sure we need him that much.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 pm

usampa wrote:
Roman_Eagle wrote:
Amir wrote:

well....we have Zarate who can play on the wings as he said and Foggia also ..... so I would say DM is a priority right now
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:27 pm

Roman_Eagle wrote:
so I would say DM is a priority right now
Yes it is, no doubts for that...
Fernandez is versatile, but his best place is right wing.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:52 pm

Fernandez is a central midfielder. If necessary he can play on the right but he is not a winger. That means that if Rossi decides to use a 4 man midfield it will be De Silvestri - Ledesma - Matuzalem (Dabo) - Kolarov with Fernandez as a possible substitute for either Ledesma or Matuzalem or if need be for De Silvestri. If we use a 3 man midfield it's going to be Fernandez - Ledesma - Matuzalem (Dabo). In the end it all depends who we get - Fernandez or Pele.

We need a defensive midfielder seeing as we sold Gaby and Muta is on his way out. This leaves us with Firmani as the only natural defensive midfielder. Sure, both Ledesma and Dabo do a lot of the dirty work but a pure DM is needed. Personally I would really love it if Fernandez would come to Lazio but he and his agent explained it many times already - no passport - no deal. That means that Lotito is concentrating on other possible targets such as Guana (a long term Rossi favorite) and Pele.

I don't think we need any offensive players - we've already got Rocchi, Pandev, Makinwa, Zarate and Kozak (strikers) and Meghni, Mauri, Foggia (offensive midfielders). If we use a 3-4-3 formation that means that only three of the eight players I just mentioned here will be in the starting line-up. We are well covered in that department.

A center-half is a must (most probably Moti). That would mean our three man defense would be: Moti - Rozehnal - Radu
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:37 pm

Inter offered 12 mil euro + Pelle for Ledesma.
To be honest, I would transfer him imediatelly.
Considering his attitude and his performance lately, I think that Pelle can do better and then we get also 12 millions....
Plus that if we don't sell him now, he might leave like Behrami for 5-6 millions next year or even free agent...
Pelle is worth around 7-8 millions, so that brings the deal proposed by Inter close to 20 million euro. Plus that Pelle is younger and he can grow next to Dabo and Matuzalem.
Back to top Go down
The_Passion_Of_Lazio
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 47
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:51 pm

drazvan wrote:
To be honest, I would transfer him imediatelly.
Considering his attitude and his performance lately, I think that Pelle can do better and then we get also 12 millions....
Plus that if we don't sell him now, he might leave like Behrami for 5-6 millions next year or even free agent...
Pelle is worth around 7-8 millions, so that brings the deal proposed by Inter close to 20 million euro. Plus that Pelle is younger and he can grow next to Dabo and Matuzalem.

That sounds like a great deal in my opinion, but would we get 100% of Pelle's contract or a co-ownership?...Where did you read this from?
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:56 pm

That sounds like a very, very interesting deal drazvan but where did you read this?
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:07 pm

Wherer did you read this? Very Happy It seems that our team is full of bastard players.Who was Behrami when he came here?Who was Ledesma?A big nothing!!!Let's bring in Pelle...
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:15 pm

drazvan wrote:
To be honest, I would transfer him imediatelly..
For that amount , sell him!
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:22 pm

LaziOttimo wrote:
Wherer did you read this? Very Happy It seems that our team is full of bastard players.Who was Behrami when he came here?Who was Ledesma?A big nothing!!!Let's bring in Pelle...

http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/31072008/44/inter-offerti-12-mln-pele-lazio-per-lede-9.html

Let's do it now! Good deal, with 12m we could replace him and put some money towards other transfers.
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:33 pm

he is the center of Rossi's tactic... Rossi depends on him... however, I'd say... kick him out!! we don't need no more negative feelings in this new Lazio!!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:54 pm

when we sell Ledesma, we will go backwards, for the future, it may be the right deal, but for now, it's not good.
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:14 pm

Caxi wrote:
when we sell Ledesma, we will go backwards, for the future, it may be the right deal, but for now, it's not good.

that's what Atletico fans thought when they sold Torres, now they're playing in CL...

it's not the same case for sure... but it's better to offload him now before he gives negative impact in the dressing room.. forget the skills, it can be replaced, for me a motivation is number one...
Back to top Go down
Uragano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 421
Country and city : US, Washington DC
Laziale since : 1985

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:16 pm

Ledesma needs to shut the f*ck up! He's REALLY starting to make me mad AND he's starting to have a negative impact on the club. I understand he wants to solve his contract issues, but speaking out to the media and saying - "I will leave Lazio" and complaining about the club, is BS! Be a man, not a mercenary, because you're starting to lose my respect.

I have no problem if you leave - because I'd rather have someone who is dedicated to the Club than a whiney b*tch!

Buck up Ledesma. It's time to remove this chip from your shoulder and play football.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:19 pm

No team can afford to lose their midfield centrepiece...what would Inter be without Cambiasso, Milan without Pirlo, Roma without De Rossi, Liverpool without Gerrard, Chelsea without Essien and so on...

Of course Ledesma can be replaced and if he really is so hellbent on leaving he has to go, but although his skills can be found easily in someone else, it's not easy to find someone who can slot easily into that midfield role.
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:26 pm

Don't be blind by his usefulness right now, Arsenal was better without Viera, MU was still good without Roy Keane and so on... get my point?
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:43 pm

I understand your point, but when Keane left, United were not all that great at first, but fortunately for them, they could go out and spend millions on a few midfielders. Now nobody is really the centrepiece of that team because they have the best team in the world. We do not.

Vieira left Arsenal and Fabregas assumed his role but they've never quite been the same since. How many trophies have they won since Vieira left?

Of course, we CAN replace Ledemsa, but on our budget, it's difficult. We can find someone who can play as good as him, no problem, but to find someone who can influence the team like him is a different story.
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:50 pm

Anyone remember that it took Ledesma months to become really our playmaker? We were all bashing him left, right and center during the final several months of 2006. Assuming we sell him and replace him with a quality replacemnt, this hyphotetical guy will probably still needs time to adapt, pressure will be mounting on the team, etc. On the other hand, having a discontent palyer in the sqad is bad and article 17 is bad, too. Quite a dilema.

I doubt this reputed Inter offer is genuine anyway. If it is, it's probably just the loan of Pele plus money.
Back to top Go down
Uragano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 421
Country and city : US, Washington DC
Laziale since : 1985

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:04 pm

Ledesma is not good enough for a top tier club, IMO. He's a good player at Lazio, because...we're a mid level club at the moment who has shades of brilliance. Ledesma would be nothing more than a sub at a Northern Giant. If he wants the money, go on...take it and run! You will never be a major force any where outside of us right now.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:07 pm

no player is bigger than the club

Ledesma is important to our team, but if he thinks he is bigger, we should simply cash in on him and wish him no luck in the future.

his arrogance reminds me of Jimenez.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Today at 4:52 am

Back to top Go down

Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next