AuthorMessage
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:21 pm

very good mercato.
don't forget that we got rid of Baronio and Stendardo, who did not want to play anymore for us.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:23 pm

There are still reports dropping in on signings.

As I wrote, I would have liked a CB that would be considered our FIRST option, not someone to compete with the guys you mention for who is to be on the bench. I will never feel safe with Siviglia in the back line, neither with Cribari. The youngsters are all promising, but none is yet good enough to take the responsibility of being our first choice central defender - one of the most important positions on the field.

Stop this "we already have X and Y", we all now what we have. What I am, and I think most the people who know what they are talking about are saying is that we could have gone for a player that would become a crucial piece for us. Not a complement as all the players you mention.
Back to top Go down
Dejan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 274
Country and city : Serbia
Laziale since : 1900
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Cash wrote:
There are still reports dropping in on signings.

As I wrote, I would have liked a CB that would be considered our FIRST option, not someone to compete with the guys you mention for who is to be on the bench. I will never feel safe with Siviglia in the back line, neither with Cribari. The youngsters are all promising, but none is yet good enough to take the responsibility of being our first choice central defender - one of the most important positions on the field.

Stop this "we already have X and Y", we all now what we have. What I am, and I think most the people who know what they are talking about are saying is that we could have gone for a player that would become a crucial piece for us. Not a complement as all the players you mention.

Sorry bro but we are not Inter Milan, we cant have 7 CB in the squad.

Edit: missed t in cant Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:36 pm

But we should be able to compete for Domizzi with Udinese, dont you reckon? Nevermind now, we have to cope with what we have and hope for the best. The mercato is over and we have to build the best team out of what we have!

The summer has brought us more than I could ever had imagined, now its up to Rossi and the players to show they are up for a season that will not leave us as frustrated as last season...
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:40 pm

Dejan wrote:

Sorry bro but we are not Inter Milan, we cant thave 7 CB in the squad.

I don't want us to be inter.And it's not about the number of players we have,all is about their quality.I totally agree with Cash!I don't want a bench warmer signing,I want a signing that makes from Siviglia and Cribari a bench warmer.
And when you are talking about what kind of defenders we have,you forget the teams "mission" this season.Don' t tell me that Cribari and Siviglia are players who can drive us to a top 4-6 finish.(without calciopoli)
I don't want big names,indeed...i want players like Lichtsteiner,who was an unknown player and now he's becoming a crucial player for us.
Back to top Go down
Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 213
Country and city : England

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:43 pm

Cash, i see what you're saying, but I personally wouldn't say Domizzi would fit into that peice you're looking for. He is by no means anything special, and i don't see what he would add to what we already have. I would choose Rozehnal and Cribari over him. But i guess thats where our thoughts differ. Besides, he's a riomanista, so feck him Very Happy

Yay to Stendardo going.
Yay to Baronio going.
Back to top Go down
laziofan
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 29
Country and city : Sweden
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:44 pm

I think we have a great squad to, its no problem with the defense, someone said that they just have to work togheter so they learn how to play togheter and i agree. We have siviglia, cribari, rozenhal and diakite as CB, and if we must we can even put radu as a CB. Then ofcourse we have the youngsters if we really need them.

FORZA LAZIOOO!!!

Last edited by laziofan on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dejan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:46 pm

LaziOttimo wrote:
Dejan wrote:

Sorry bro but we are not Inter Milan, we cant thave 7 CB in the squad.

I don't want us to be inter.And it's not about the number of players we have,all is about their quality.I totally agree with Cash!I don't want a bench warmer signing,I want a signing that makes from Siviglia and Cribari a bench warmer.
And when you are talking about what kind of defenders we have,you forget the teams "mission" this season.Don' t tell me that Cribari and Siviglia are players who can drive us to a top 4-6 finish.(without calciopoli)
I don't want big names,indeed...i want players like Lichtsteiner,who was an unknown player and now he's becoming a crucial player for us.
Rozehnal, Radu?
You forgot them?
Also there is a january transfer window just about 3 months.
If defence behave badly, sure Lotito will do something.
There is already a problem that one of the Rozehnal, Radu Cribari cant play in first 11.
Imagine what would happen if we got another CB...

Last edited by Dejan on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:46 pm

We can't rely on Tuia and Diakite when they have no expirience of Serie A. Cribari, Rozehnal, a 35-year old Siviglia and two primavera players aren't good enough to battle for the Europe spots.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:48 pm

As I have written previosuly, if he is a merda then I hate him from now on!!! I have read that he is Lazio and he has played with us when younger. I dont think he is the best defender in the world, but what I have seen in him he is better than what we have at the moment. Anyway, from today I hope he becomes a massive misscalculation for Udine and that he performs under the quality that I think he holds.

Anyone got details on the deals involving Baronio and Stendardo...? And does this mean that Mutarelli is still with us? Wonder how that will get solved...
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:50 pm

Dommizzi is no better than Cribari, Rozehnal. Moti is nobody....
Who else, I don't know you can say.....
Stendardo is very overrated, I am glad he left.
Diakite is our man to cover if there is a need.
Who do you want to see, and to be as you said not substitute player ?
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:57 pm

usampa wrote:

Who do you want to see, and to be as you said not substitute player ?

Sandro Nesta. Surprised Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:00 pm

Guess we rate >Domizzi differently. No more sayings needed on that. As I said we have to show that the team we have is capable. Good CBs are not easy to find, I just dont feel comfortable with Cribari nor Siviglia...
Back to top Go down
Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 213
Country and city : England

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:02 pm

Give Siviglia a break. He's been our most reliable defender since Lotito took over. Yes, he wasn't great last season, but we must remember he had little to no pre-season and was constantly hampered with injuries. I know friendles don't mean a lot, but he seems to have a good understanding with Rozehnal, and he generally looked good. He may be 35, but that doesn't mean he can't play. It's not like he's a winger, who has to constantly run up and down the flank.

The grass is always greener on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Thanks Matrim.. I agree with you and usampa as well..

So "it's a wrap" then... I don't think there is anymore transfer that hasn't been told to us...

I would say this is a really good mercato that we never got under Lotito before

now we're relying on Delio Rossi to bring out the best from the players...

Forza Lazio!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dejan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:07 pm

I would be happy if we sold Cribari to Viola and got Onyehu or somebody similiar.
But life goes on.
There are also so many young talented defenders in Italy, but it seems that we dont have wright scouting.
Back to top Go down
Biancocelesti
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 341
Country and city : Sweden, Uppsala
Laziale since : 1999

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:11 pm

Forza_Lazio4eva wrote:
Give Siviglia a break. He's been our most reliable defender since Lotito took over. Yes, he wasn't great last season, but we must remember he had little to no pre-season and was constantly hampered with injuries. I know friendles don't mean a lot, but he seems to have a good understanding with Rozehnal, and he generally looked good. He may be 35, but that doesn't mean he can't play. It's not like he's a winger, who has to constantly run up and down the flank.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:45 pm

Finally Baronio gone!

Too bad we are still stuck with Del Nero and Firmani. They are not going to get any chances whatsoever and both of them are injured most of the time and thus miss 80% of the season.

The biggest problem I see here is not that we didn't bring anyone in at the last moment (Moti) or even Inzaghi staying but the fact Mutarelli is still with us. He has a major problem. The coach doesn't want him but according to the press the rest of the team hate his guts. This could lead to some very serious problems in the dressing room.

Does anyone know what's going on with Mutarelli's lawsuit against Lazio? Can he still annul his contract and then as a free agent join another team?
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:52 pm

Ivan wrote:
The coach doesn't want him but according to the press the rest of the team hate his guts. This could lead to some very serious problems in the dressing room.

Does anyone know what's going on with Mutarelli's lawsuit against Lazio? Can he still annul his contract and then as a free agent join another team?

Does anybody know why everybody in the team hates him? He dosen't look like an aroggant type, like tottina for example does.
I feel sorry for Muta, he dosen't deserve this. This is bulling.

Last edited by Secret_Samadhi on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dejan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:52 pm

Ivan wrote:
Finally Baronio gone!

Too bad we are still stuck with Del Nero and Firmani. They are not going to get any chances whatsoever and both of them are injured most of the time and thus miss 80% of the season.

The biggest problem I see here is not that we didn't bring anyone in at the last moment (Moti) or even Inzaghi staying but the fact Mutarelli is still with us. He has a major problem. The coach doesn't want him but according to the press the rest of the team hate his guts. This could lead to some very serious problems in the dressing room.

I think he is a free player now.
I dont think that Firmani nor Del Nero should leave.
First one is a great Laziale and save us last season with some very important goals when it was very dark times for us.
Del Nero has great talent, but injuries kept him down.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some Players Didn't Keep Promises - Lotito
Lazio president Claudio Lotito complained about the incorrectness of some people in football.
Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us

galleria
zoom

Lazio did not manage to make any last-minute signings on this last day of the transfer window, though they did let go of midfielder Roberto Baronio, who was loaned out to Brescia. However, president Claudio Lotito was left with a bitter taste in his mouth after the goings-on on this final transfer day, and explained why to Sky's microphones.

"We had made agreements to sell certain players but they did not go through because some of them did not live up to their promises," he said. "Some players decided to stay at Lazio and they did so knowing they will not have many chances to play. I am upset about the behaviour of people who don't maintain their promises. Promises should be respected, we have to make a change in people's behaviour in the football world."

On the transfer market, Lotito commented: "[Coach Delio] Rossi can be satisfied, but the market isn't over since certain transfer windows are still open, like the Arab one. [Hernan] Crespo? We have [Mauro] Zarate, who showed his worth yesterday [scoring a brace against Cagliari]."

Lazio got their new Serie A campaign off to a brilliant start yesterday as they beat Cagliari 4-1 away from home thanks to goals from Zarate, Pasquale Foggia (who was at Cagliari until last season), and Goran Pandev.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=845109

Some players know that Lazio is to good for them.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 am

I think what Lotito is saying is he will sell the players to rich Arab clubs...
Back to top Go down
viper
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 473
Country and city : Macedonia,Stip

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:14 am

pleace post all mercato moves from lotito from last day here and now!! in and out

Last edited by viper on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:16 am

we are talking about Mutarelli (who is not yet free agent) and Simone Inzaghi...nobody mentioned Firmani or Del Nero, who are actually part of the team...the problem with the first 2 is that they earn together 1.7 mil per year...so i can understand that Lotito does not want to pay them for nothing (i don't think they have a reasonable chance to catch a selection this year)...

the nice thing about this last day was that we managed not to loan Stendardo to any of the direct UEFA cup/CL competitors (Palermo, Fiorentina, even Udinese or Bologna), but to Lecce, who will 99% fight for survival in Serie A...that's a good deal for us, a bad deal for Stendardo...i still feel pity that Rossi and Lotito cannot find peace with the guy, who clearly is above Siviglia and Cribari and can help us a lot even starting next year, when his loan finishes.
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:20 am

Why does Lotito negotiate the transfers? Can't he just hire a sporting director? And you know, after four years in football he should know all too well that players lie all the time and agents do it even more.

Quote :
I feel sorry for Muta, he dosen't deserve this.

How can you know that? Maybe Mutarelli is a complete asshole in training. Maybe he isn't but i doubt Rossi would first use him as a starter and then even before bringing reinforcements leave him out of the squad for no reason. It could have been Rossi's fault but still the last thing we need is scandals in the dressing room. I like Mutarelli as a player but he is not good enough to merit us risking such scandals.

Quote :
I think he is a free player now.

I am sure news agencies would have reported it if this was the case, it would have set a precedent. I think he he is still a Lazio player, the trial was supposed to be decided about a week ago but no news came, maybe it was postponed.

Quote :
who clearly is above Siviglia and Cribari and can help us a lot even starting next year, when his loan finishes.

Above them? Only in height, IMO. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
viper
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 473
Country and city : Macedonia,Stip

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:21 am

viper wrote:
pleace post all mercato moves from lotito here and now!! in and out

PLEACE!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2   Today at 3:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Transfer and Rumours season 08 09 section 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 32 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next