HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A strange and different Lotito interview.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 pm

This is interesting discussion....
I don't care for peoples opinion about Lazio. I know the truth, my truth, and that is enough.....
I don't care also about other clubs, I have feelings only for Lazio.
I understand your point ( Dezio and Caxi) , but we cant change the people.
We can only take their money cheers If they want to buy scarfs , jerseys and so on, be my guest be wasteful.
It is their own problem that they are not able to be loyal and to support one club. They just follow the wave, it is their character.
I can see that here , there are people who cheer and have other favorite clubs except Lazio.
Does this give me a reason to point at them and to say, we don't need them....

Quote :
Exapnding to far away countries is of no benefit to those who pay good money to watch the team week in week out
I totally disagree with that!
Lets say we become popular in Asia , how this would reflect negatively to the regular supporters from Rome, with what ? I just cant see it....
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:03 am

usampa wrote:
I don't care for peoples opinion about Lazio. I know the truth, my truth, and that is enough.....

I am of the same opinion, but it takes a strong person to dismiss other's opinions. Given the choice, I'd rather support a club with a good public image than a club with a bad image. Anything we can do to maintain the loyal image we have, I think, should be done.

Quote :
I can see that here , there are people who cheer and have other favorite clubs except Lazio.
Does this give me a reason to point at them and to say, we don't need them....

No, it doesn't, but the fact they are on Laziofever, following the trail of the club shows that they are supporters and not just people who buy the nice kits. These people have bought into the club, not the fashion

Quote :
Lets say we become popular in Asia , how this would reflect negatively to the regular supporters from Rome, with what ? I just cant see it....

We would have to spend money to reach out to potential fans in far off countries. Where I have nothing against any fan anywhere in the world, I'd rather such promotional money was saved and that the loyal laziales in the Stadio might get 2 or 3 euros off their ticket price instead. Being Irish, I don't have the same passion as those guys who have it in their blood, although I don't consider my passion to be any less than theirs, but those guys deserve to be the centre of Lazio. Some Manchester United fans will tell you that expansion = ticket price increase = some dedicated fans being unable to afford tickets. That is not on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:29 am

10.000 Ultras before 50.000 asian tourists anyday!

No guys, i have no problems with asians, africans, americans or something, but i know that teams like United, Barca and Liverpool have many supporters in that part of the world.
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:31 am

Caxi wrote:
usampa wrote:

I am of the same opinion, but it takes a strong person to dismiss other's opinions. Given the choice, I'd rather support a club with a good public image than a club with a bad image. Anything we can do to maintain the loyal image we have, I think, should be done.

Who has a good public image? us? compare to ManU and Chelsea?? are you kidding or something?

I've been in this kind of conversation before.. I won't waste my precious time again this time..

BTW we should get back to the topic..

I really hope that Lotito are really being sincere this time... It's about time for us to going up again..

Last edited by Broencoceleste on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:35 am

Quote :
Who has a good public image? us? compare to ManU and Chelsea?? are you kidding or something?

They have shitty support, we have good.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:59 am

Broencoceleste wrote:

None of us have great images, but at least we can't be accused of selling out and our supporters can't be accused of being gloryhunters.

This is not an argument I'm going to get any deeper into, I said my piece, I feel it makes sense, I think it makes sense to others and you appear to have dismissed it, which is fine.

Lotito, whatever about him, can always improve, no matter what side of the fence you sit on and any positive remarks to come out of any interview is good.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:42 am

must say I am against modern football, and nothing against the international fans in this forum because everyone here is a real laziale, if we extended out just for the sake of $$$$, lets just say it would be really sad to see people wearing lazio shirts that dont understand what that shirt has been through and what it means...

for me, I would rather see a true Roman Lazio, the first club in the capital playing Serie C football than Lazio turn into another Chelsea, where fans care only for trophies and buying shirts than the club and its history

but that's just me

all I care right now, is Lazio get back to our rightful place among the biggest in Italia, with a full Curva Nord and Olimpico week in, week out. If Lotito delivers that, and brings lazialita' back to the club, we should all be grateful.

Darran
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 80
Country and city : Singapore
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:44 am

Gefle wrote:

No guys, i have no problems with asians, africans, americans or something, but i know that teams like United, Barca and Liverpool have many supporters in that part of the world.

I have a problem with that statement of yours.

Does that mean Asians are not allowed to support Lazio according to you? So what if other clubs have supporters in Asia? Does this mean they are glory hunters, that is a very poor stereotyping from you. Are only Europeans like yourself entitled to supporting Lazio while others from Asia are not because we are supposedly glory hunters? If that is the case, I find it extremely difficult to support a team like Lazio. But I have been doing it for 11 years now, what does that show?
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 am

Gefle wrote:

I take this post from Gefle as an input, but I'm talking to all of you.

Please guys, don't classify Lazio fans into categoties, even worse if nationality-based. If there is a thing I've learnt from Laziofever, is that abroad there is an incredible number of passionate brothers Laziali, who deserve a lot of gratitude and respect from those who can follow Lazio much more easily then them.

When Bigiarelli founded this club, he chose the name Lazio, from the latin "Latium". And the word Latium, apart from being the name of the region including the city of Rome, also meant "wide, spacious". The will to go beyond the borders of the city, and of a nation was there, in our name, since our very first day.
And it was not just in our name, but also in our colours, the colours of Greece, mother of the Olympic Games.

There is a beautiful letter from the former Lazio sports sections president Renzo Nostini about "being Laziali". He does not speak about nations, he speaks about ideals and passion. A Laziale is someone who takes in the Lazio ideals. I had posted that letter on the old Laziofever long ago, if someone has saved it please post the letter because it really says everything about LazialitÓ.
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:44 am

I agree Conn, Lazio supporters can't be divided into categories... whether you live in Rome or in Beijing.. whether you white, black, brown or yellow... whether you just became Lazio supporters or have followed Lazio for years.. Nobody can claim that he is a better supporter or more true fans than the others.. We are here brother... some people who supporting lazio when Lazio playing in a far far away foreign stadium were also brother with us, whether they looked just like tourists that day... nobody knows whether they will be becoming the true supporters or not... all we can do is respect them.. respect their choice if that day they're supporting Lazio... respect them also if they're somehow change their support to this shirt or dividing their support to several teams across europe...

It's all about respect... no one cannot be categorized as a tourist supporter, it could be their first day of supporting Lazio, and it could be last forever!!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:55 am

you see, I don't disagree with you guys, categorisation is always bad, not just in Lazio but in life.

I mean, look at the post about the new jersey and what I said when I heard the special derby shirt was only for season ticket holders...I was cheesed of...my initial thoughts were "why can't they make this available for people outside of Lazio". That was a great opportunity to expand out to real, passionate, idealistic laziale.

But when I had a second thought on it, it was also a chance for somebody who has nothing to do with Lazio to get their name on a shirt.

The point is, expanding will always have its downside if you do it in a Manchester United way.

We are a football club, clubs are what people join, clubs do not go and persuade people to believe in something, that should never be our aim. I bought into the ideals and passions of Lazio, I didn't follow everyone else in Ireland in following one of the big 4 of the Premiership and those pics in China is proof that Lazio don't need some tour of the Far East to find laziales...they are already in existence across the world.

I said I wouldn't get into an argument, but I felt I had to, as Gefle's comments have been completely misinterpreted from what I can see. Conn, you are very correct to say that there are passionate laziales across the board and I would like to think I'm one of them and this forum goes to show that. But what this forum has also taught me guys is never to take comments for how they read, but rather how they should read and I know Gefle's point was he'd rather see 10,000 guys with passion cheer along our victories in the Stadio, than 50,000 guys wearing our colours like a fashion and I have to agree with him. If I saw a guy wearing a Lazio shirt where I live, he wouldn't know what "Forza Lazio" meant and that, to me, is one of the 50,000. It's irrelevant where they are from and I'm sure Gefle would say this too.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:33 pm

I doubt someone who doesn't know what Forza Lazio mean will be on the stadium along with 50 000 ,, tourists" like him.Or at least not so regularly, and even if he is there, I don't see with what he would hinder to those who are passionate and are those 10 000.
Football is for joy....
Quote :
If I saw a guy wearing a Lazio shirt where I live, he wouldn't know what "Forza Lazio" meant and that, to me, is one of the 50,000.

Maybe today he wouldn't know what is Forza Lazio, but tomorrow maybe he would, and that is the difference. Tomorrow maybe he would become from those 10 000.
Caxi, because you know in details the situation around Manchester United and Chelsea. Is this so big problem for their local and original supporters ?
Back to top Go down
Thiago
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 214
Country and city : Brasil
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:56 pm

I agree with some of the points here... I reckon we don't need tours or anything to promote our team. If you chose to be Laziale, it doesn't matter if there is a friendly scheduled at your city or if you have to travel miles and miles to see Lazio play.
I have to admit I'm jealous of you European fans that can watch Lazio games easily, but I'm sure someday I'll travel to Rome and will feel the Curva Nord in the flesh (And it won't take that long!).
It's interesting as many of my friends do not understand my passion for Lazio. They can't understand I love that team despite the players who are currently playing or the team's performance... and I didn't need any kind of event promoting the team to love Lazio.

Anyway, we are all Laziali and it doesn't matter the nationality!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Quote :
If I saw a guy wearing a Lazio shirt where I live, he wouldn't know what "Forza Lazio" meant and that, to me, is one of the 50,000. It's irrelevant where they are from and I'm sure Gefle would say this too.

Thats exactly what i mean. I prefer 10.000 passionated fans before 50.000 supporters who go to football for fun or buy the shirt because of one player in the team. No offence to you asians, i used the asians as an example because clubs like ManU have many supporters in your part of the world. Supporters who not are real supporters, they cheer for the team when they won or when Park plays for the club.

All on this forum is true Laziali but i cant se why some people like the modern football. The Ultras is the one that you should thank for the football we seen in some countrys today, not the sponsors, familes and rich-guys.

CONTRO DIFFIDE E REPRESSIONE, LOTTIAMO INSIEME!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:02 pm

usampa, I take your point that today the guy wearing a Lazio shirt might one day transform into a true laziale, but I just feel with these foreign tours they only succeed in making sales...which is great on the one hand, but on the other?

big problem in England with fans feeling they're being priced out of watching their side...seriously, I have seen features on it and it brought me to tears...I'd never want to see that happening with our fans. To be honest, multi-million takeovers is the big problem, but generating money from foreign tours would be alright if it was used to keep ticket prices down...but generally it means that clubs can give their prices a rise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A strange and different Lotito interview.   Today at 9:53 am

Back to top Go down

A strange and different Lotito interview.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2