Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 158
Country and city : China / Czech
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Tottenham 5:0 Roma   Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Brought to you by: Goal.com

It may be only a friendly, and the gap in condition between English teams and Italian teams may be huge at this point in time, but Roma will have to think long and hard about their 5-0 defeat to Tottenham Hotspurs at White Hart Lane this afternoon.

Coach Luciano Spalletti has reiterated many times that his team needs reinforcements, and on today's evidence one can see his point. But one player may not be enough.

Still, there were a number of important players missing today, such as captain Francesco Totti, goalkeeper Alexandre Doni, Rodrigo Taddei, Cicinho, and David Pizarro.

The home side made a blistering start to the match and found themselves 2-0 up within the first five minutes. David Bentley opened the score with a free kick that eluded stand-in goalkeeper Artur, before Daniele De Rossi, looking a shadow of the great midfielder we saw in the last few seasons, played a poor back-pass to Juan that allowed Darren Bent to sneak in, dribble past the keeper and make it 2-0.

Roma continued to struggle throughout the first half, with Simone Perrotta failing to make himself dangerous with his runs, and veteran striker Vincenzo Montella showing he is no longer suited to matches at this level. Spurs keeper Heurelho Gomes needed to make just one save, on a long-range effort from Alberto Aquilani. Bentley even made it 3-0 just before the break with a shot from outside the area.

In the second half, things didn't change. Five minutes into the restart Giovani Dos Santos dribbled past Philippe Mexes and played it to Aaron Lennon, who had no problems scoring the fourth goal.

On the hour mark, Bent got his brace as he easily slotted the ball home on the far post after completely eluding a disoriented Roma defence.

Roma looked nervous and out-of-sorts, Aquilani even getting himself sent off late on for a second bookable offence. The only danger from the visitors in the last part of the game came from Perrotta, who fired a dangerous cross-shot that was parried away by Gomes.

After this defeat, Spalletti will be even more sure he has a lot of work to do, not only on the transfer market, but also to try and make the team forget about this dismal display.

Danilo Pochini

Starting formations:

Tottenham Hotspur: Gomes, Zokora, Bentley, Jenas, Berbatov, Bent, Modric, Giovani, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Woodgate. Available: Bale, Huddlestone, Lennon, Gilberto, Gunter, O'hara, King, Jansson. Coach: Ramos.

AS Roma: Artur, Juan, Mexes, Riise, Cassetti, De Rossi, Aquilani, Brighi, Perrotta, Vucinic, Montella.
Available: Pipolo, Panucci, Loria, Esposito, Alvarez, Virga, Mladen. Coach: Spalletti.
Back to top Go down
Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 135
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:07 pm

I was there as well in my Lazio colours with the Tottenham fans singing 'Lazio Lazio Laziooo!' which wasnt well recieved by the merda
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:36 am

Grazie Tottenham.... I have always had a liking for them! Very Happy

Don't forget another reason to like English teams is the UCL final 1984.... Liverpool winning on penalties against riomma Very Happy

ROMAMERDA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:27 am

I watched the game too, merda are totally outplayed by Totenham.

I wonder why Tottenham can not compete for the 4th spot at least in the EPL, what a great team they have.
Back to top Go down
Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 135
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:58 am

Laziophilic wrote:

I wonder why Tottenham can not compete for the 4th spot at least in the EPL, what a great team they have.

They do this year, previous seasons they lacked quality in certain areas and had it in abundance in other areas, they had no King at CB for alot of last year the LB position was always a question mark and the midfield especially Malbranque, this year they have addressed the problems but had to let go one of the figure heads to do so, Robbie Keane
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:02 am

Ha ha ha ha ha! Grazie Tottenham!

Merda are a joke! cheers
Back to top Go down
flurffmeister
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 269
Country and city : Canada/Alberta/Calgary Beirut/Lebanon
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:26 am

Sturges wrote:
Laziophilic wrote:

They do this year, previous seasons they lacked quality in certain areas and had it in abundance in other areas, they had no King at CB for alot of last year the LB position was always a question mark and the midfield especially Malbranque, this year they have addressed the problems but had to let go one of the figure heads to do so, Robbie Keane
i dont think the problem is on the pitch ! Levy has spent so much money on nothing , Bent isnt really worth wut spurs have paid for him also pyo and zokora were a bad acquisitions not to forget that Spurs have 7 CB!! and 3 left backs and 2 right backs ! thats a shame to spend such a money and never achieve anything , now me as a Spurs fan consider this transfer market a shitty one ! only Modric is a good transfer all the others worth nothing , dos santos is overrated , David Bentley ( we already have better in Aaron Lenon few slips last seasons and he's on the bench thats so lame)selling robinson is a mistake i am still confident that he will be back to his regular form which made him one of the best gk in the world Gomes on the other hand he's a terrible GK , now what Spurs missed is an attacking midfielder and a playmaker since the retirement of Ginola and the departure of Carick Spurs havent really found yet a real assist expert ! thats only the case , when Arnesen ( previous sports director )was in spurs he knew wut/who to buy at the right price , now all you see is wasting of money and youth talent , when martin jol came he brought creativity young players and new modern football but now with juande they lack both i hope they get back on their feet coz Tottenham hotspur is linked with almost every player in the world and if u see their spending figures over the past years ! oh lala ! ud be freakin surprised !
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:47 am

the clowns UK tour 2008
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:21 pm

flurffmeister wrote:
now what Spurs missed is an attacking midfielder and a playmaker since the retirement of Ginola and the departure of Carick Spurs havent really found yet a real assist expert ! thats only the case , when Arnesen ( previous sports director )was in spurs he knew wut/who to buy at the right price , now all you see is wasting of money and youth talent , when martin jol came he brought creativity young players and new modern football but now with juande they lack both i hope they get back on their feet coz Tottenham hotspur is linked with almost every player in the world and if u see their spending figures over the past years ! oh lala ! ud be freakin surprised !

WHAT!?

In Modric, Berbatov and potentially Arshavin, they would be as creative as any team in Europe, especially when you add Lennon, Bentley and Jenas to that list!

The reason why Jol got sacked was because he tightened up his defensive midfield with players like Kaboul and Spurs became static. They had creativity but the way Jol set the team up took a lot of creativity out of the side.

Finally, Spurs have spent a lot but they've alse omade a lot. Carrick was sold for something like 25 million euros, Keane the same, Modric cos something like 20 million euros, Bent the same, they also sold Defoe for about 12 million and brought in Woodgate for a similar price. Now Tainio, Malbranrue, Kaboul and a few more are being sold. What you see with Spurs is not a club overspending but rather a club spending very wisely and who knows, they should be CL contenders providing Berbs stays (but he could go to for 40 million euros or something and they could then bring in Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko for that price)

No surprise they hammered Merda 5-0.
Back to top Go down
crashoveride
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 47
Country and city : Macedonia Tetovo
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:11 pm

FINAL SCORE: MILAN-CHELSEA 0-5
8/3/2008 2:00:00 PM

MOSCOW - The Milan-Chelsea game, valid for the 3rd place final of the 'Russia Railway Cup', ended 0-5. These are the scorers: 3' Lampard; 8' Anelka; 18' Anelka, 51' Anelka; 57' Anelka. Therefore the 'Blues' won the third place in the Moscow tournament.
I like this one very much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:12 am

BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Forza_Lazio4eva
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 213

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:16 am

Aaaahah!!! Great stuff! cheers
Back to top Go down
flurffmeister
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 269
Country and city : Canada/Alberta/Calgary Beirut/Lebanon
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:42 am

Caxi wrote:
flurffmeister wrote:
now what Spurs missed is an attacking midfielder and a playmaker since the retirement of Ginola and the departure of Carick Spurs havent really found yet a real assist expert ! thats only the case , when Arnesen ( previous sports director )was in spurs he knew wut/who to buy at the right price , now all you see is wasting of money and youth talent , when martin jol came he brought creativity young players and new modern football but now with juande they lack both i hope they get back on their feet coz Tottenham hotspur is linked with almost every player in the world and if u see their spending figures over the past years ! oh lala ! ud be freakin surprised !

WHAT!?

In Modric, Berbatov and potentially Arshavin, they would be as creative as any team in Europe, especially when you add Lennon, Bentley and Jenas to that list!

The reason why Jol got sacked was because he tightened up his defensive midfield with players like Kaboul and Spurs became static. They had creativity but the way Jol set the team up took a lot of creativity out of the side.

Finally, Spurs have spent a lot but they've alse omade a lot. Carrick was sold for something like 25 million euros, Keane the same, Modric cos something like 20 million euros, Bent the same, they also sold Defoe for about 12 million and brought in Woodgate for a similar price. Now Tainio, Malbranrue, Kaboul and a few more are being sold. What you see with Spurs is not a club overspending but rather a club spending very wisely and who knows, they should be CL contenders providing Berbs stays (but he could go to for 40 million euros or something and they could then bring in Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko for that price)

No surprise they hammered Merda 5-0.

Wut i meant is over the past decade , Spurs kept on spending spree shopping for useless players instead of investing in a top class midfielder they went on to buy defenders and wingbacks , for christ sake zokora and huddlestone cant pass a ball to save their asses? how would u score if u dont have a creative player?
Back to top Go down
tcp_13
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 26
Country and city : Indonesia, Jakarta
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:28 pm

i never liked spurs, but i like the way they defeated roma, hehehe...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is why i love english teams !   Today at 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down

This is why i love english teams !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1