HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Is Crespo Welcome?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Would You Welcome Hernan Crespo Back At Lazio?
Yes
80%
 80% [ 70 ]
No
20%
 20% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 88

AuthorMessage
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:06 pm

Caxi wrote:
No thanks, solid player but we don't need a striker!!! Rocchi is only out for a month at most. Even if you don't believe in Makinwa, we still have Zarate, Kozak and Mendicino, we could even change the formation and put Meghni or Foggia in there. Why bring in a striker for a year to replace Rocchi for a month...? It's why we shouldn't even consider Crespo.

The injury might take more time, and also could bring influence to his form. It is bone fracture, I think is not so harmless in view of Rocchis age, and what I can see is that Lotito and Rossi will try everything in order Lazio to gain at least UEFA spot. It is good to be insured.
But Bogdani..... No
Back to top Go down
The Big Payback
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 206
Country and city : England, Sunderland
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:20 pm

Crespo closer to Lazio Sunday 17 August, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hernan Crespo is on the verge of a sensational return to Lazio after discovering he won’t make Inter’s Champions League squad.

The striker had already clashed with Jose Mourinho at Chelsea and it is reported in the Corriere dello Sport that he still isn’t in the tactician’s good books.

Crespo is set to miss out on a place in the Champions League squad and is seeking a move elsewhere so he can get some regular playing time.

Lazio are ready to welcome him back with open arms, as they need reinforcements following Tommaso Rocchi’s fracture that will keep the Olympics star out for over a month.

Crespo joined for a then world record fee of £35m and spent two seasons at the Olimpico from 2000 to 2002, netting 39 goals in 54 Serie A appearances, including the Capocannoniere title with 26 strikes.

Since moving to Inter, he has flitted around Europe with spells at Chelsea, Milan and back to the Nerazzurri again.

The 33-year-old is ready to return to the Biancocelesti, but this would mean accepting Lazio’s salary cap.

President Claudio Lotito has reportedly offered a three-year contract, spreading the cost of the remaining year of his current Inter deal over three seasons.

Another option is on the table, as Crespo is considering an offer from Scottish giants Celtic.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 688
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:34 pm

I'd rather have Crespo playing than Makinwa or (god forbid) Bogdani, but I do sort of agree with Caxi. It's not as if Pandev can't score goals regularly and surely Zarate was bought to play, not warm the bench. Yes, he isn't a true striker but would cause problems and score in a fluid front line with Pandev and Foggia. I'd rather play like that and wait for Rocchi than buy a dud striker like Bogdani and restrict Zarate.

It's hard to say if Crespo would be worth taking a gamble on, if he comes in and scores then we'll all be happy but he could equally be well short of his best and be a waste like Bianchi. If he comes in and actually does well then it creates problems for the future of this seaon with 4 players for 2 positions, or argubly 3 for 1 as Pandev is a certain. I fear that the fact we are considering a short-term replacement could mean a longer injury for Rocchi than perhaps we think...
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:39 pm

The advantage for us is that Lazio is an Italian club and Crespo many times stated that Italy is the country for him. I remember reading somewhere that in Rome he still owns a house and he said that Rome is the best city to live in (he met his wife when he was living in Rome). Although with that said he did have two spells abroad.

Celtic have two clear advantages. They can offer him a much higher salary and playing in the Champions League.

I think it's really up to him at this point to decide where does he want to finish his career.

I would take Crespo or no one. We can move Pandev up front with Zarate partnering him.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Crespo is a lot of money for a 33 year-old who is 6 years past his best. If there's no transfer fee, it may not be a bad deal, but I think we're covered in that area so the question really is, can he earn the potential salary with some goals?
Back to top Go down
Masquerade
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 101
Country and city : Spain, Coruna.
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:16 pm

i prefer an injured crespo making some goals than a makinwa doing nothing. the only thing i hope is that he doesnt ask for a lot of money because if we sign a player that everybody knows that is always injured and we pay a lot of money and lotito makes one of his super 5 years contracts...we are stupid! so i think that is a good sign but only for 2 years or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:18 pm

Masquerade wrote:
i prefer an injured crespo making some goals than a makinwa doing nothing. the only thing i hope is that he doesnt ask for a lot of money because if we sign a player that everybody knows that is always injured and we pay a lot of money and lotito makes one of his super 5 years contracts...we are stupid! so i think that is a good sign but only for 2 years or something like that.

I have heard that he has been offered a three year deal, earning 1.2 mil/year.

I am one of those who say no to Crespo, and the reason is simple. If he comes, he will expect to be a regular (which he probably should be). With him as a starter, there will be no real room for Rocchi if we decide to play with a lone striker and two shadow strikers (zarate, pandev, mauri, foggia etc), if we decide to play with two strikers and one shadow/trequartista, there will also be problems as either Rocchi, Zarate or Pandev will have to step aside as a starter and I am afraid this will cause some problems in the dressing room. I think everyone here agrees that Rocchi and Pandev are the coupple to go far as soon as Rocchi is back. The major concern then is: will Crespo accept being left on the bench if Ro-Pa turn out to be succesful again? I hope Rossi has some freat tachtical planning if we decide to bring Crespo... He would be the perfect target to have in a central offensive positions, no doubt, but what impact will a move have in the dressing room?

Of course Crespo means quality, he means a few more season tickets etc. I love him for the goals he scored for us before, but I hate him for being such a mercenary. My basic stand point is that we have enough options in attack and that we should invest money and bring players on positions were we are weaker...
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:46 pm

Zarate didn't prove himself in the training session. In fact the opposite, I don't want to be bad prophet, but I think it would be very hard to this boy to score goals.When Rossi compared him with Pandev and his first season in Lazio he was absolutely right.
And if he doesn't deliver, we remain only with Pandev , Makinwa is too unreliable. And what if something goes wrong with Goran, I don't want even to think about it, but he is not from steal either.
If we can insure ourselves with one more decent acquisition it will be perfect, because I know what we would be talking about, if our forward force didn't perform. We should try everything to reach UEFA, at all cost.
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:14 pm

Crespo is a finisher and with both Zarate and Rocchi in our squad we don´t need Crespo. What we need is a really good midfielder and a central defender.

Makinwa
Rocchi
Zarate
Pandev

compare that with our midfielders and it's easy to see where we need to spend.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:44 pm

usampa wrote:
And what if something goes wrong with Goran, I don't want even to think about it, but he is not from steal either.

If the worst comes to the worst and both Goran and Tommaso get injured, then we can still play Zarate, Meghni and Foggia as the forward 3 with Mauri, Makinwa, Mendicino and Kozak as back ups. We will lose points, but not that many and we always have January to reinforce. It's a bigger risk playing Ledesma, Dabo and Matuzalem in the midfield for 38 games of the season.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:50 pm

centrocampista wrote:
Crespo is a finisher and with both Zarate and Rocchi in our squad we don´t need Crespo. What we need is a really good midfielder and a central defender.

Makinwa
Rocchi
Zarate
Pandev

compare that with our midfielders and it's easy to see where we need to spend.

I agree with you, and I do think so, that first of all we need a midfielder. And I believe we will bolster this position as well.
But this topic is about possible new striker....
You count too much on Zarate, Crespo is 100 times more reliable at this stage than him.

Quote :
If the worst comes to the worst and both Goran and Tommaso get injured, then we can still play Zarate, Meghni and Foggia as the forward 3 with Mauri, Makinwa, Mendicino and Kozak as back ups. We will lose points, but not that many and we always have January to reinforce. It's a bigger risk playing Ledesma, Dabo and Matuzalem in the midfield for 38 games of the season.

I believe this is not serious. To play with Foggia and Meghni and even those so ,,proved" Zarate in forward it is not serious. Too much gamble for me, could be with disaster influence for all of the season.
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:27 pm

I understand your concern Usampa, you don't want us to repeat the previous season when we were lacking in certain position and forcing the wrong person for wrong position (for ex. Zauri as a CB).

But remember, this is a different season than the previous which we played in CL, in this season we don't need too many back up. We already have Rocchi, Pandev, Zarate, Makinwa, Kozak and Mendicino. Let's say Rocchi will not play in the first couple of games, we still have the other five.

If Crespo or another attacker comes, it will push the other attackers into the bench. They will be rotten and lose they form if they keep staying in bench.
Just trust them, somewhere somehow they will find the form (I'm not talking about makinwa).

At first I really want Crespo to be with us, but at a second thought, i really think we don't need him... this is the reasons:

first, he will push the talent like Zarate rotten in the bench, this season is a season where we are trying to build a great team for our future... so we have to trust and push a young talent like zarate to be performed.

second, his presence will make our attack centered into him, and that is really good, if he performs... but if he's not, i'm afraid our game will be like Italian NT in the Euro 08, the game was centered into Luca Toni, there was almost no game at all, just long ball into the front.. and if you were following Delio's tactics last season, I am really sure you know what i mean(when Tare or Bianchi played, the game will be centered to them, just long ball into the front by Ledesma No).

So I think we should trust in Zarate, maybe he wasn't show his best in the pre-season, but if he find his form, our attacking will be dangerous and really beautiful!! Just like how Man U played last season, they didn't have a target man and look how they played... Zarate and Pandev would be our Rooney and Ronaldo.. and the goal scorer shouldn't have to be the striker... remember we have Meghni,Mauri,Matuzalem,Ledesma, Dabo and Foggia they all have wonderful shoots!
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:56 pm

Makinwa is a player that does nothing on the pitch, so for me we have only Pandev, Rocchi and Zarate. Makinwa dosen't exist in my books. He is like Manfredini, does nothing just taking the space of some another player. I'll rather have one-leg jumping Crespo in the penalty area then Makinwa. Let's not forget Zarate have no experience of Il calcio, Kozak is too young and Makinwa is usseless. Then we have only Pandev and Rocchi upfront. A penalty-area killer like Crespo is more than welcome.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:08 pm

Broencoceleste wrote:
I understand your concern Usampa, you don't want us to repeat the previous season when we were lacking in certain position and forcing the wrong person for wrong position (for ex. Zauri as a CB).

Yes , that are exactly my thoughts.
You are right , we are not in CL this year,but if we not reach UEFA, this could mean end of Lazios days for players like Zarate or De Silvestri for example.
As Secret Samadhi said Makinwa doesn't exists in my book, and I am for new striker, only if we manage to offload Makinwa, thus we will avoid to push the other attackers into the bench.
I have trust in Zarate , but the reality for me is that his first season will look as the first Pandev season at Lazio. I just cant give him credit as a complete striker, because he is not.

Last edited by usampa on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:15 pm

valdanito, please come back.
Back to top Go down
ClockworkOrange
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 123
Country and city : Sweden, Mariestad
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Broencoceleste wrote:
this season is a season where we are trying to build a great team for our future... so we have to trust and push a young talent like zarate to be performed.

Exactly .. this season is all about building for the future .. not short term fixes .. we should stick with and show faith with the players already here .. maybe Makinwa can show us all wrong even though I doubt it

Another aspect is team harmony .. Rossi is talking about a great group that's seems to be focused and working well together .. bringing in a highprofile player like Crespo could do much harm to team-harmony .. and I rather see talents like Zarate/Kozak/Mendicino get their chances .. that will do us good in long term

In my opinion we should be very careful with make any more additions to the team at this stage .. the pinzi-stendardo swap will be ok and if fernandez gets his passport he's welcome but that should be enough .. if the team shows to be incomplete or lack something we should fix that in january .. focus should be on selling off the unwanted ones

As I see it this is a season that is make or break for some players .. Mauri/Makinwa/Cribari/Matuzalem/Mehgni/Foggia/Zarate .. and we also have some youngster trying to get into the team .. so give them their chances to prove themselves .. if they fail .. send them away and bring in replacements then
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:38 pm

ClockworkOrange wrote:
Broencoceleste wrote:
this season is a season where we are trying to build a great team for our future... so we have to trust and push a young talent like zarate to be performed.

Exactly .. this season is all about building for the future .. not short term fixes .. we should stick with and show faith with the players already here .. maybe Makinwa can show us all wrong even though I doubt it

We have at least 11 mature, Seria A experienced, CL experienced and very good titular players.
Of course we should develop the qualities of players like Zarate etc., but if Lazio don't perform well we are going to lose most of them.
UEFA is a must aim, we have made promising mercato, Lazio should revert his positions.
That why we can not afford to rely only to youngsters like Mendicino, Zarate. They are not developed players, they don't have character yet , by first hardship they are going to break down. This is the reality.

Makinwa had so many chances to prove himself, Lotito should quit his agony....
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:51 pm

YES ... just for scoring goals, 20-some
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:11 pm

The real issue for me is that I don't see why we need Crespo when we have Zarate. In Zarate's career, he became top scorer in Argentina at 18/19 years of age, he was sold to Qatar solely for money I would assume, loaned to Birmingham City, scored 4 in 14 despite being on the bench for a lot of games, became a fan favourite and he's come to Lazio with a new lease of life.

On the other hand, there's Crespo, scores 1 goal in every 3 games or so these days (Pandev and Rocchi had similar records last season, as did Zarate at Birmingham), 33 years old, peaked about 6 years ago, has actually won very little in his career, hasn't played many games of late and yet demands a high wage.

Now Crespo has never struck me as being much of a "leader" or a "role model" but he is better than some of our strike force and on the whole, he could come for a small price, but I would rather the money was invested in midfield where there's a lack of depth.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Caxi wrote:
The real issue for me is that I don't see why we need Crespo when we have Zarate.
And you expect from Zarate to score how many, lets say 10 , 15 goals for us ?
As I said I can see the talent in him , but he is not developed. It would be very very hard for him this season. I know his statistic in Argentina, but Italy is not Argentina, I doubt he will be protagonist for us. Remember Pandev and his first season, only 3 goals , though he made impression and he came from Inter.
I think Zarate would be ,,real'' relentless striker after 1 or 2 years in Serie A. I wonder if he will be in Lazio then.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:55 pm

If Zarate played all 38 league games, I would expect him to score 15, based on his previous achievements. His record in the EPL is better than Bianchi's and comparable with Crespo's, Crespo who played for a side who scored, on average, many more goals, Crespo who didn't have to settle in over the January transfer window, Crespo who is now well past his best and 12 years older than Zarate.

It's not that I don't want Crespo, or even that I doubt him. It's just that I think we only need 3 guys capable of getting 15 goals a season...and I think we already have them.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:24 am

Caxi wrote:
If Zarate played all 38 league games, I would expect him to score 15, based on his previous achievements. His record in the EPL is better than Bianchi's and comparable with Crespo's.
Whaaat affraid
Zarate has more goals than Crespo in EPL ...... :no
Back to top Go down
Darran
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 80
Country and city : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:56 am

With Makinwa reportedly interesting Chievo, Crespo would be an ideal solution.

We have Pandev, Rocchi and Zarate as our main stay strikers. And then there is Crespo who is an extremely lethal striker. Just behind him, Kozak and Mendicino. Crespo will not play at such a high level for too long, and by the time he is done and finished, Mendicino would be starting to mature. So if we can get him to lower his wage and accept our demands, why not?

Lets not also forget that Rossi likes the 4-3-2-1 formation. A formation which Crespo and Rocchi would fit perfectly as a lone striker. Pandev, Zarate, Mauri and Foggia are the ones who will support the lone man.
Back to top Go down
wahjo_deleo
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 17
Country and city : bandung - indonesia
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:43 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ePtD8yJus

crespo @ milan season 04/05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEMj17ta9dk

crespo @ inter season 06/07

it would be good, if he really sign for us... serie A is crespo's home...
Back to top Go down
4ZALAZIO
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 59
Country and city : Canada
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Yes! In a heart beat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Crespo Welcome?   Today at 12:47 am