LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:37 am

Caxi wrote:
Brocchi and Tommaso...commentators nightmare! cheers

Ha ha, Rocchi-Brocchi. If only we still had Zauri for Mauri we could write a song!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:39 am

Giolazio wrote:
Caxi wrote:

Ha ha, Rocchi-Brocchi. If only we still had Zauri for Mauri we could write a song!

haha, we could, but we would struggle when it comes to rhyming Lichtsteiner...
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:50 am

Caxi wrote:
Giolazio wrote:
Caxi wrote:

haha, we could, but we would struggle when it comes to rhyming Lichtsteiner...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:09 am

I must say I'm not too thrilled about this. So, our three man midfield is Matuzalem - Ledesma - Dabo/Brocchi.
Dabo is 31 so IMO it would have been a much better choice to bring in a younger defensive midfielder who could learn from our players. Now it's Brocchi 32 and Dabo 31.

If we decided to go for Brocchi we should have taken him two or three years back. I remember that he had quite an impressive season with Fiorentina and they wanted to keep him but I don't remember why did he return to Milan.

Last edited by Ivan on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:11 am

Its hard to understand why we fight to get rid of a player like Mutarelli and then take on a player who at his best is 5 - 6% better.

Classic Lotito Mercato.
Back to top Go down
howie
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 115
Country and city : Los Angeles, USA
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:16 am

Agreed. Brocchi is a not bad player. He does have a better attacking ability. But I really don't understand why we force Muta out. He's not that different from Brocchi.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:21 am

like for like, not a bad deal if we sell Muta, awful deal if we don't, but to be honest, I think this shows how much Delio doesn't want Muta anymore.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:42 am

now Muta must be sent away, he shouldnt even be considered to stay anylonger. we have a few players that we need to get out rather sooner than later. Not too many days left of the mercato, but we know that the last days are always the most hectic...
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 784
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:50 am

Now we have our own Gattuso! cheers
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 688
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:16 pm

This is the classic example of how Lotito's decision making seems wrong. We have Ledesma who is critical to the way Lazio play (sometimes to our detriment but he is the player who makes us tick when on form) and he is not offered a new contract when he is on 450,000 Euros. We have Mutarelli who has been, like him or not, a whole-hearted player in a position we are not covered well for now Mudi has gone (criminal) but he is ostracised from the squad for some reason or other, be it the players (hard to understand) or simply that Rossi hates him.

Now to solve the lack of cover we go for the genius transfer of Brocchi, an ageing player who has had many years of substitute football and has the fantastic ability to run around like a maniac whilst not achieving much (Manfredini anyone?). How much will this fantastic buy get? Oh just the 1.1 million Euros. How long a contract will he get? Just the 3 years (hasn't anyone learned that you don't give players of that age long contract on high wages because they are usually awful after 1 season at the most- Tare?)......

Why, why, why can the powers that be not see that we are on the wrong track? In a years time we will have no Ledesma and a 33 year old who will most likely have played a bit-part role not very succesfully and no Mutarelli. I can only say I'd have prefered a happy Ledesma on 1.1 million Euros min and Mutarelli back integrated into the squad and Brocchi where he belongs in Serie B. Even better would have been to realised that Mudingayi was a decent player and gone with him as our enforcer, try and iron out the yellow cards and improve him by actually playing him and believing in him....

Lets just hope Dabo is fit all season and Brocchi becomes the new Baronio (oh gosh we still have this guy!??!!)....
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:19 pm

Ed wrote:
How much will this fantastic buy get? Oh just the 1.1 million Euros. How long a contract will he get? Just the 3 years

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad NOOOOOOOO WHYYY

Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Brocchi is a good player but for 1.1 million a season I am not too happy about it and with Ledesma in mind - and quite fairly too. I am also annoyed with how players are treated like Mutarelli and Stendardo. Falling out or not Lotito should be trying to sort it out, especially so as they are both good players who Lazio could definitely benefit from and have given their best here. Letting Mudingayi leave still pains me.... out of all the players who left this mercato, he is the one I really did not want Lotito to let go off.... a good and dedicated player who wanted to stay at Lazio.

Lets hope if the Brocchi deal is true that it works out well.
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:42 pm

Are you sure about the the three year contract and the wage? That's just crazy. If I were Pandev or Ledesma, I would be asking for a transfer right now.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Some members stated he will be getting that much and on goal.com I think I read the same numbers if I am not mistaken!? I hope the sources are incorrect because as you say Matrim, current Lazio players will be very annoyed and very fairly so if Brocchi arrives here on that amount!
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 165
Country and city : italy
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Matrim wrote:
Are you sure about the the three year contract and the wage? That's just crazy. If I were Pandev or Ledesma, I would be asking for a transfer right now.

actually should be a two year contract.
the source is epolis, a daily.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 688
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:57 pm

I just read about the contract on the first page of this thread. I totally agree that it looks crazy and would hope the 2 years is more correct but it says he has had a small reduction on his wage to 1.1 million Euros. With all the other contract problems and players like Inzaghi and Tare getting long and large deals it would not surprise me in the least if the figures are correct. I miss Mudi too Bobbi! There is a report on goal.com (I know it's not always the most accurate) that says he wanted to stay and was only told he was not wanted after he rang Lotito himself. Shocking way to treat a seemingly really decent man who had the right desire and fight for Lazio.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Ed wrote:
I miss Mudi too Bobbi! There is a report on goal.com (I know it's not always the most accurate) that says he wanted to stay and was only told he was not wanted after he rang Lotito himself. Shocking way to treat a seemingly really decent man who had the right desire and fight for Lazio.

Yeah man I read that article too and made me sad again for how he was treated by Lotito :( I sincerely hope he has a good season at Bologna!
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Quote :
I just read about the contract on the first page of this thread. I totally agree that it looks crazy and would hope the 2 years is more correct but it says he has had a small reduction on his wage to 1.1 million Euros.

No, it says that it is estimated that his wage would be 1.1 million. A lot of times these guesses are simply wrong. So here is a hoping that it was wrong this time, too.
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 784
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Bobbi wrote:
Brocchi is a good player but for 1.1 million a season I am not too happy about it and with Ledesma in mind - and quite fairly too. I am also annoyed with how players are treated like Mutarelli and Stendardo. Falling out or not Lotito should be trying to sort it out, especially so as they are both good players who Lazio could definitely benefit from and have given their best here. Letting Mudingayi leave still pains me.... out of all the players who left this mercato, he is the one I really did not want Lotito to let go off.... a good and dedicated player who wanted to stay at Lazio.

Lets hope if the Brocchi deal is true that it works out well.

Gaby didn't show quite good play in the last 2 years and thats the main reason why I'm happy that we sold him ... He played with all his heart, but ... Muta should stay, he could help the team in critical moments. It would be good if we take Domizzi for Stendardo.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:02 pm

this is madness .....
Back to top Go down
Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:10 pm

Lotito just wan't too fuck things up in our team.
So much money for Brocchi when Pandev and Ledesma are more importan players!
hahaha Lotito is Lotito Twisted Evil The devil himeself!

God bless Lazio!
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:29 pm

Some sources claim that it's a two year contract and some say three.
Apparently Brocchi was on a 1,6 million euro salary at Milan but he is ready to lower it. Some sources say it's 950k and some that's just over a million (1,1).

It's just Lotito's policy with contracts. He doesn't want to give bigger contracts to players who are already at Lazio (Ledesma, De Silvestri, Peruzzi, Rocchi, Dabo before he left and many others) but he is willing to give about 1 million euro to every new player that demands it - like Matuzalem, Zarate or Brocchi.
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 165
Country and city : italy
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:34 pm

Ivan wrote:
Some sources claim that it's a two year contract and some say three.
Apparently Brocchi was on a 1,6 million euro salary at Milan but he is ready to lower it. Some sources say it's 950k and some that's just over a million (1,1).

It's just Lotito's policy with contracts. He doesn't want to give bigger contracts to players who are already at Lazio (Ledesma, De Silvestri, Peruzzi, Rocchi, Dabo before he left and many others) but he is willing to give about 1 million euro to every new player that demands it - like Matuzalem, Zarate or Brocchi.

rocchi signed for 1 mln per year and up to 1.3 bonus included (goals, caps, assist, etc.).
peruzzi left lazio due to bad general shape condition.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:10 pm

No matter if Brocchi is a good player or not, this deal is just wrong. Let us assume he gets around 1 mil a season; he is 32, did never play a minute for us and he could potentially be a disaster or be put aside for a midfield that dont really need him.
It is obviously a nail in the eye for a player like Ledesma, or any other player that has been playing for us for a while and that is a frequent starter. This will just cause more tension between Lotito and the players who are after some more money and a new contract. All players that have been up there demanding more wages etc (Rocchi, Pandev, Ledesma, De Silvestri etc) all deserve a lot more than Brocchi - so ofcourse a deal like this is not really good for the team - even though we def needed a midfielder and despite the fact that he can be a success. Ledesma will feel like smelling as when he realises BROCCHI earns twice as much as him!

How much did we pay for him anyway? guess he wasnt for free...
Back to top Go down
vent
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Craiova/Bucharest, Romania
Laziale since : 11.09.1981

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:19 pm

i`m not sure what to make of this transfer... i believe Lotito should have invested into a younger player
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Today at 3:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Cristian Brocchi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next