Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:22 pm

Cash wrote:
No matter if Brocchi is a good player or not, this deal is just wrong. Let us assume he gets around 1 mil a season; he is 32, did never play a minute for us and he could potentially be a disaster or be put aside for a midfield that dont really need him.
It is obviously a nail in the eye for a player like Ledesma, or any other player that has been playing for us for a while and that is a frequent starter. This will just cause more tension between Lotito and the players who are after some more money and a new contract. All players that have been up there demanding more wages etc (Rocchi, Pandev, Ledesma, De Silvestri etc) all deserve a lot more than Brocchi - so ofcourse a deal like this is not really good for the team - even though we def needed a midfielder and despite the fact that he can be a success. Ledesma will feel like smelling as when he realises BROCCHI earns twice as much as him!

How much did we pay for him anyway? guess he wasnt for free...

Just read he was actually for free?? then that is the reason to his high salary. But it will not make other players less irritated about it...
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:38 pm

Quote :
The player has according to Roman newspapers signed a three year contract with an opening salery of € 900.000 a year. To Milan only a smaller amount will be transferred, as Brocchi's contract in Milano was set to expire 2009. The 32-year old will be avaliable for Delio Rossi already on sunday in the serie A opening game against Cagliari.
If the figures are accurate, it is not so bad transfer. Only till 2009, € 900 000 is not so unfair toward the other players.
It might actually turn out as very useful player for Lazio.
Forza !

My mistake , 2009 expires his contract in Milan.
3 years deal is a little bit more in view of his age, one year or two would be better.....
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 pm

The deal is for three years, and the salary is set at 900K but with the chance of increasing depending on how much he plays and how well he does. Thats the latest info I have taken part of. Guess we must wait to see all details, from being informed that we did not pay anything to Milan it is now (as Weninho also wrote) said that we paid "a smaller sum".

One thing that is bugging me a bit is why we didnt buy (or took him on loan) earlier. We have been linked to him previous seasons, but we could argue that we then had some good cover on that position, but since Rossi seems to have had a good feeling about Brocchi for a few years now; why did we not sign him earlier this summer? He would have became a part of the team by now and everyone would have had a better idea of how and where he would fit into the team. We saw Mudy leave early in the summer and Muta has been excluded for even longer. should we consider this a "panic deal" (milan havent really strengthened on his position as far as I know but I am not totally involved in their mercato) or did they try to sell Muta to get some more money to be able to get a younger (and better) player but have now realised that he is not going to be sold?
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:27 pm

Cash wrote:

One thing that is bugging me a bit is why we didnt buy (or took him on loan) earlier. We have been linked to him previous seasons, but we could argue that we then had some good cover on that position, but since Rossi seems to have had a good feeling about Brocchi for a few years now; why did we not sign him earlier this summer? He would have became a part of the team by now and everyone would have had a better idea of how and where he would fit into the team. We saw Mudy leave early in the summer and Muta has been excluded for even longer. should we consider this a "panic deal" (milan havent really strengthened on his position as far as I know but I am not totally involved in their mercato) or did they try to sell Muta to get some more money to be able to get a younger (and better) player but have now realised that he is not going to be sold?

I think his name emerged after the pre season matches with Porto and Liverpool. Then Rossi realized that we don't look very stable in the midfield.
Back to top Go down
Biancocelesti
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 341
Country and city : Sweden, Uppsala
Laziale since : 1999

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:54 pm

Brocchi signs for Lazio

Milan continue to trim their squad and have officially announced the sale of midfielder Cristian Brocchi to Lazio.

After adding Ronaldinho and Mathieu Flamini to their ranks, the Diavolo found Brocchi to be surplus to requirements.

Brocchi made few starts last term in spite of playing 29 times in 2006-07 - a career high number of outings.

The 32-year-old who spent the 2005-06 season on loan to Fiorentina has joined Lazio on a permanent basis with the fee believed to be around £2.2m.

Lazio had been looking for a new recruit after the sale of Belgian international midfielder Gaby Mudingayi to Bologna earlier in the summer.

Milan have now let Alberto Paloschi, Wily Aubameyang, Massimo Oddo and Brocchi go within the last 48 hours.

C4
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 931
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:40 am

Okay, this is an intresting one. I just dont see him as a first team player and if Rossi dose pick him it will be at the expense of another significant player. But with his wages, hes not been brought in to warm the bench so id expect to see him playing regularly, a warrior of a player, gives his all but there are better players out there and for a lesser price, wages and of course younger, but time will tell if this was a good signing or not.
Back to top Go down
Laziale``
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 329
Country and city : Skopje,Macedonia
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:41 am

2.2mil his transfer?And who said he was for free?
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:47 am

Fuck! I read and heard that Brocchi was ALMOST for free. So £2.2m is considered for free these days?? Still I guess we cannot be sure about the numbers, it might show that that is the otal amount that he + Milan will recieve during his spell, but if the transfer fee was 2.2..I dont know what to say..
Back to top Go down
Biancocelesti
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:54 am

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Fotogallery/Lazio/6582/0/Lazio,%20l%27arrivo%20di%20Brocchi%20a%20Fiumicino

Here are the pictures of Brocchi arriving in the airport of rome.
Back to top Go down
Biancocelesti
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:00 am

I'm optimistic about this transfer, this is a player who is a true warrior on the field, he can shoot from distance and got some passing skills. We've replaced Mudingayi and Mutarelli with this transfer and hopefully he will prove to the doubters that they are wrong.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:10 am

I think everyone is aware of what we get with Brocchi, and as a player he is not a disaster and we needed this kind of a player in the midfield, or rather as an option for midfield. I think what makes people "upset" is rather what players have been up for discussion, what players we have sold to make room for Brocchi and also what "thinking" lay behind this transfer.
I know that Brocchi will do his share, and that he will be a useful player for us but it somehow doesnt make sense to bring him in during this mercato (not to me at least). Anyways he is a Lazio player now and we must stand behind him.
Back to top Go down
Biancocelesti
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:18 am

From the comments I've read, I doubt many are aware of what Brocchi can give us. Plus, I think people are also exaggerating about the salary, we don't know what Lotito is going to do with the other players contracts, so far I know only that Pandev is going to renew his contract with a similiar salary to the one of Rocchi. One by one the renewals will arrive.
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:26 am

Guys, don't jump the gun, please. "It is believed" is (especially in sports journalism) often an euphemism for "we are making a wild guess". So the transfer fee might not be 2,2 million at all. Wink Tuttomercato for instance doesn't say a word about the price we are supposed to pay for Brocchi and also says the contract will be for two years not three. Let's wait for some more definite figures before freaking out.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:28 am

In any case ,,,,Brocchi is landed:

By Corrier dello Sport and Piazza Della Liberta'

Brocchi in Rome

Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:42 am

Welcome Brocchi!
A good player who I am sure Lazio have good faith and confidence in and will prove his worth on the pitch!
All the best in the Biancocelesti shirt Cristian!
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:22 am

It is definitely official.... confirmation on the Lazio website....

Brocchi alla Lazio
La S.S.Lazio comunica di aver firmato il contratto di acquisto a titolo definitivo dall’A.C. Milan del calciatore Cristian Brocchi.

http://www.sslazio.it/cms/view/home/news/archivio/elenco_news/brocchi_alla_lazio/s152/c1797

Welcome and all the best Cristian!
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:15 am

well then welcome to the club., honor the jersey
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 165
Country and city : italy
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:01 am

sorry to bother you but brocchi came for free, it's written in daniele rindone's report.

his agreement with milan was to expire in 2009 and so galliani let him free for no fee.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:16 am

guardia alta wrote:
sorry to bother you but brocchi came for free, it's written in daniele rindone's report.

his agreement with milan was to expire in 2009 and so galliani let him free for no fee.

That means all the whining here was for nothing
Back to top Go down
guardia alta
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 165
Country and city : italy
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:31 am

usampa wrote:
guardia alta wrote:

That means all the whining here was for nothing

thank you, usampa.
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:04 pm

welcome brocchi!
wear our shirt with dignity!
Back to top Go down
El MaEsTro
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 74
Country and city : Kuwait City
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:55 pm

He plays with passion and honour.. we need this long Serie A experience in our team.

Matuzalem, Brocchi, Ledesma.. what a scary midfield..

Rochi, Pandev, Zarate... what a problematic attack for the oppositions defense...

Carizzo... a man with quick hands and legs...

The defense.. a bit scary.. but i believe in our young guns.. Kolarov on the left, Di Silvestri on the right... Radu in the center with Rozenhal..

I see a very strong and hungry team here guys..

WE ARE GENIUNE CONTENDERS FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL!!
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:06 pm

El MaEsTro wrote:
He plays with passion and honour.. we need this long Serie A experience in our team.

Rochi, Pandev, Zarate... what a problematic attack for the oppositions defense...

The defense.. a bit scary.. but i believe in our young guns.. Kolarov on the left, Di Silvestri on the right... Radu in the center with Rozenhal..

You mean Rocchi,Pandev,Makinwa,no?Cause Rossi has only Makinwa in his mind.The team is hungry for new signings too,but looking at other teams(Napoli,Genoa,Fiorentina,Atalanta; I don't mention the rich clubs) it will be a hard season for us.And CL?!I'm not pesimistic,but let's be realistic...
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:11 pm

LaziOttimo wrote:
El MaEsTro wrote:

You mean Rocchi,Pandev,Makinwa,no?The team is hungry for new signings too,but looking at other teams(Napoli,Genoa,Fiorentina,Atalanta; I don't mention the rich clubs) it will be a hard season for us.And CL?!I'm not pesimistic,but let's be realistic...

Don't feel as a loser when the battle hasn't even been started
Back to top Go down
Goerlandt
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 273
Country and city : Belgium-Waregem
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Cristian Brocchi   Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:14 pm

welcome!
uno di noi