AuthorMessage
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:39 am

El Weninho wrote:
Roman_Eagle wrote:
I hope after the irish are with one foot out we contact Trap ASAP!

Among other jobs, Trap has been managing Milan, Juventus, Inter, Bayern Münich, Fiorentina, Gli Azzurri and Benfica. He is 70 years old and has recenty signed a new contract that will tie him with the Irish NT until 2012. He was reported to earn around 2 million euros a year before the extension and then agreed to lower his salary with a small amount.

So, why should Ireland fire him? And more important, why would he want to finish his career in a serie A-side barely top 10? And why would he want to halve (at best) his salery?

The realistic options to Ballardini are others, like Mihajlovic, Giordano, Reja and Novellino.

90% of the Irish population love Trap as a person. 90% of us don't want him as coach.

Why? For the same reasons people here are currently despising Lotito.

He insists that the Ireland team does not need Andy or Stephen Reid (our two most creative players, arguably) which is similar to what Lotito is doing with Pandev and Ledesma. Not only that but it has been reported that he faked making contact with Stephen Ireland; it is widely believed that Trap has made no effort to bring Stephen ireland back in the squad. In fact, there is a rumour that he made a phonecall to Stephen Ireland to ask his permission to pretend they had discussed the idea.

What Ireland have with Trap is a man who shares a similar philosophy on calcio as Lotito/Ballardini; he makes strange decisions, is forced to play poor players in crucial positions as a result and is too stubborn to ever change his mind.

As I said earlier, Ireland made it into the play-offs because aside from Italy and considering all the other teams in our group, we still had the quality despite the absence of key players. However, if we go out against France (which is pretty much a foregone conclusion) then people will ask if things could have been any different if the 2 Reid's and Stephen Ireland were in our ranks. That's the reality.
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:37 am

Caxi wrote:
El Weninho wrote:
Roman_Eagle wrote:

Among other jobs, Trap has been managing Milan, Juventus, Inter, Bayern Münich, Fiorentina, Gli Azzurri and Benfica. He is 70 years old and has recenty signed a new contract that will tie him with the Irish NT until 2012. He was reported to earn around 2 million euros a year before the extension and then agreed to lower his salary with a small amount.

So, why should Ireland fire him? And more important, why would he want to finish his career in a serie A-side barely top 10? And why would he want to halve (at best) his salery?

The realistic options to Ballardini are others, like Mihajlovic, Giordano, Reja and Novellino.

90% of the Irish population love Trap as a person. 90% of us don't want him as coach.

He insists that the Ireland team does not need Andy or Stephen Reid (our two most creative players, arguably) which is similar to what Lotito is doing with Pandev and Ledesma. Not only that but it has been reported that he faked making contact with Stephen Ireland; it is widely believed that Trap has made no effort to bring Stephen ireland back in the squad. In fact, there is a rumour that he made a phonecall to Stephen Ireland to ask his permission to pretend they had discussed the idea.

What Ireland have with Trap is a man who shares a similar philosophy on calcio as Lotito/Ballardini; he makes strange decisions, is forced to play poor players in crucial positions as a result and is too stubborn to ever change his mind.

As I said earlier, Ireland made it into the play-offs because aside from Italy and considering all the other teams in our group, we still had the quality despite the absence of key players. However, if we go out against France (which is pretty much a foregone conclusion) then people will ask if things could have been any different if the 2 Reid's and Stephen Ireland were in our ranks. That's the reality.

Sure Caxi. You're of course in a better position to judge if he's the right man for the job or not. However, what I ment was that I doubt the Irish FA would sack him after recently extending his contract until 2012. No matter the result against France.
Back to top Go down
hamidsinisa
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 466
Country and city : Persia
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:51 am

phantomm1976 wrote:
hope that bosnia will score 3 in zenica

Bosnia's coach is Miroslav Blazevic, yes?

he was Iran's coach about 8 years ago

very funny oldman!

Forza Bosnia!
Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:15 pm

El Weninho wrote:
Caxi wrote:
El Weninho wrote:
Roman_Eagle wrote:

Sure Caxi. You're of course in a better position to judge if he's the right man for the job or not. However, what I ment was that I doubt the Irish FA would sack him after recently extending his contract until 2012. No matter the result against France.

Yes, but although 2012 is on the cards, media criticism is already rife and if the public get on his backs, he could be gone sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:28 pm

A big fuk you to Mr smelling ass Sepp Blatter for saying that WC would be nothing without Cristina Ronaldo and that he hopes for Portugal. A big fart in the face for both him and CRistina. God what I hope for Bosnia tonight. Without Misimovic, Spahic, Rahimic and Muratovic it will be hard but now it's a chance for the youn Pjanic to show his skills in the NT.

Hajmo Bosno hajmo Hercegovino!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Looking forward to tonight. If Ireland score one of the first two goals we have a chance. If it appears to be over, I'm finding a stream and I'm cheering on Bosnia.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:28 pm

Forza Bosnia!

Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 931
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:38 pm

Greece 1-0 up away to Ukraine. I would have preferred Ukraine to go through, but looking like a tough task for them now.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:40 pm

No surprises there, Ukraine needed a goal in the first leg, Greece are a better side.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:49 pm

France 0-1 Ireland

We could be 2 or 3 up but... GAME ON!!!
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:24 am

Portugal seem to be going through Crying or Very sad (nothing against them, but I really wanted to see Bosnia progress).

Slovenia are looking good at the moment. 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go and with a man extra after Kerzhakov's red.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:42 am

Shame on Russia. What a come back!!!!!

Well done Slovenia! cheers
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:10 am

Extra time in Paris.

It should be over, Ireland could have won this by 3 or 4 but we haven't and the French are getting desperate; crazy diving levels.

Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:13 am

We're pretty much out now. Free kick that was offside and Thierry Henry has effectively caught the ball and France have scored. Sick.
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:20 am

Caxi wrote:
We're pretty much out now. Free kick that was offside and Thierry Henry has effectively caught the ball and France have scored. Sick.
very sick No
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 624
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:39 am

Thierry Henry... You are a f@#ken disgrace!

Worst handball play since Maradona's hand of God. & in such a critical fixture.

All the players saw it, The entire stadium saw it! Even I saw it 24000 kms away on a dodgy internet stream! Yet the retarded referee pulled the greatest Sgt Shultz ever..... "I KNOW NOTHING! NOTHING!!!"

Shame, Shame, Shame No

My sympathies with the Irish.
Back to top Go down
jooso
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 37
Country and city : Finland, Lapeenranta
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:51 am

Nonetheless the whole play before the goal was an offside.

Wonder what Henry has to say after the game.
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:01 am

one word.....FUCK!!
Back to top Go down
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:07 am

I'm sorry guys for Martin Hansson, he's a shame for Sweden.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:12 am

What a disgrace , I just can't believe what happened and how the referees missed that..... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
flurffmeister
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 269
Country and city : Canada/Alberta/Calgary Beirut/Lebanon
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:13 am

Henrik wrote:
i couldnt agree more
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:16 am

Do I blame the ref? No.

Do I blame Platini? No.

Is Henry a cheat? He has been for the past 15 years.

Guys, we don't play clean football, I stopped watching Ireland 5 years ago for unsportsmanlike play and yet, on the night we put in the best performance in our country's history, we are cheated out of the opportunity.

It was only an opportunity but who knows what would have happened if one man didn't cheat his way into swinging it...
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:47 am

Heartbreaking night on many levels. I'm glad Slovenia are through but apart from that...

The French suck...
The Greeks are in luck...
The Portuguese were graced by God in the first leg...

Appalling results throughout. I felt sorry for missing the France-Ireland game but reading the comments I'm now happy I did. I've despised the French since '98 and I don't think it will end soon.

Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:47 am

Henrik wrote:
at least he won't f*ck up some more games next year, he will be punished by FIFA for this and referee some games in the 'Homeless Gay Cup for Seniors' in Uzbekistan.

(no offence for the gay old Uzbeki people here)
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:53 am

I'm too angry to post! (Please nobody point out that I actually did post)

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Today at 9:02 am

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2010 - European Qualification
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next