AuthorMessage
CaptainLazio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 177
Country and city : Denmark, Gentofte
Laziale since : a long time ago...
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:21 am

Denmark is doing well and actually i think we might qualify directly as number one... The away win against portugal really got the players believing!! cheers
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 784
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:36 am

Our defence was good, but our goalkeeper Dimitar Ivankov was really comic when he took the goalkicks .. He always managed to get the ball out of the pitch in a throw-in Suspect I'm happy with the result, It's good to see that our team can take something from the World champion. I hope our first win will be in our next match against Georgia, but It won't be an easy one ..

@Bobbi here are the pics I made (they aren't good quality, because my camera isn't), I also made a video with my phone when the whole stadium sang our national anthem and I found some quality pics from the game and desided to put them in the file also :)

Here you can download it mate : http://rapidshare.com/files/153199516/Bulgaria_-_Italy.rar.html Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:20 pm

martinese wrote:
Our defence was good, but our goalkeeper Dimitar Ivankov was really comic when he took the goalkicks .. He always managed to get the ball out of the pitch in a throw-in Suspect I'm happy with the result, It's good to see that our team can take something from the World champion. I hope our first win will be in our next match against Georgia, but It won't be an easy one ..

@Bobbi here are the pics I made (they aren't good quality, because my camera isn't), I also made a video with my phone when the whole stadium sang our national anthem and I found some quality pics from the game and desided to put them in the file also :)

Here you can download it mate : http://rapidshare.com/files/153199516/Bulgaria_-_Italy.rar.html Very Happy

I heard that Italian fans burnt Bulgarian flags in the stadium, if that's the case Ill actually apologise myself to the bulgarians on this forum. I love to give it to the opposition, but that's just wrong.

Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:49 pm

martinese wrote:

Thanks man, was awesome. I didn't see the match so I can't judge but I read reports saying the match was played very defensively from both sides. Put with a point taken from the current world champions I am more than satisfied so looking forward to the next match against Georgia in Tbilisi! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:03 pm

c. testa wrote:
martinese wrote:

I heard that Italian fans burnt Bulgarian flags in the stadium, if that's the case Ill actually apologise myself to the bulgarians on this forum. I love to give it to the opposition, but that's just wrong.

that is why our fans booed at the italian anthem and the police had to charge in... ugly things happened last night ... hopefully no one was injured... and Italy has no chance to score if they don't bring Cassano in or why not Rossina
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:07 pm

Yeah man unfortunately there was trouble in Sofia.... No I hate it when things like this happen!

Fans riot ahead of Bulgaria-Italy match

SOFIA, Bulgaria: Football fans rioted ahead of Italy's 0-0 draw at Bulgaria on Saturday in a World Cup qualifying match.

Visiting fans shouted Censored slogans on their way to the stadium and started rioting once they got inside, swinging belts and throwing objects toward Bulgaria supporters, reports said.

Police brought the situation under control but then Bulgaria fans whistled during the playing of the Italian anthem and Italian fans burned Bulgarian flags, the ANSA news agency reported.

Italian football federation president Giancarlo Abete said that the Italian fans risk being identified and held accountable.

"We're going to have to check if there was inappropriate behavior. And if there was, whether it should be sanctioned," Abete told Italian TV. "Ticket sales are done by name, and every single person can be traced down."

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/10/11/sports/SOC-Bulgaria-Fan-Violence.php
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:09 pm

When I was going to the stadium 1 hour before the start of the game I heard on the radio that italian and bulgarian fans had a quick fight, but the police have stoped them quickly. On the stadium I didn't boo and the italian anthem, because I have respect for these kind of things.
Back to top Go down
Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Weninho wrote:
Skenderbeu wrote:
Weninho wrote:
Skenderbeu wrote:
Whitout Igli Tare Albania has it hard I believe.
But we will do our thing tomorrow, hell yeah.

One nation, one team!

Hopefully Albania will be able get at least one point tomorrow. I enjoyed the way you played against Sweden, where you took advantage of the fact that Lagerbäck decided to field a hyper-defensive midfield. In any case it's going to be interresting to see how things will develope tomorrow.

The big game here in Stockholm is Sweden vs Portugal. Big hype around Ronaldo when he arrived and I think he will be almost impossible to stop. The thing we can hope for is yet another boring 0-0-game. Very Happy

Yeah Weninho, I hope so to. The game agianst Sweden was good, I feelt that when Ibra was blocked we had chances to do something, and like we did, 1 point. But I can say that Sweden had a bad day that night, and next time when Albania is coming to Sweden I will go there and scream a little bit, beacuse they need it Very Happy

Sweden - Portugal . I say 1-1 if Sweden has some swedish girls at the sideline bounce
Or what do you say Weninho?

Hehe, I hoped for a boring 0-0-game, but the truth is that we played good and actually were closest to the win. Superb first half, unfortunately we couldn't score on our chances. But no need to complain for us. A point against Portugal is always more than ok. Cred to Lagerbäck for fielding such an offensive team. I really hoped for something like when so many players were missed in both teams.

Pity that Albania didn't manage to take a point from Hungary. Did you see the game Skenderbeu? How was it like?

Sweden played good and like you said at the first half. Poor that Elmander diden't score but ... 1 point is good agianst Portugal.
I think that Sweden has a chance to go forward, they have a good team. I don't know what Safari did on pitch, that guy can't play the big games?

Albania? Neutral They played very bad, the coach diden't have any tactics to the game. Besart Berisha who is one of the best diden't play.
The choach did not want hime on the game and I don't really know why? The deefence in Albania is a big joke to. I don't think they can make it and next round is Portugal away. Only god knows how it's going to end there hehe.
Back to top Go down
Belgio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 785
Country and city : Italia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:37 pm

Go Belgium Very Happy went to the 2-0 win against Armenia and wednesday we play at home against Spain for the lead in the group, will be there in the sold out stadium!

(a draw would be great)
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:36 pm

Belgio wrote:
Go Belgium Very Happy went to the 2-0 win against Armenia and wednesday we play at home against Spain for the lead in the group, will be there in the sold out stadium!

(a draw would be great)

Well my friend I'll see you in March, when you will host Bosnia. Another invasion by bosnian fans is to expect. Around 10.000 I would say. We had a great time last time we played in Bryssel, even if we lost big time.
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:41 am

tuff result for Belgium, lost 1-2 in the 89th minute by a lethal Villa header for Spain, a draw would be a fairer result ... but that's football ... and life ... you don't get always what you want Wink

I had a great time 2nite
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:02 pm

we walked away with a clean net last night from Georgia ... judging by the game we played we won't qualify
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:22 pm

With that kind of play we wont finish in the top 4 of our group ... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:51 pm

Italy won yesterday 2-1 against Montenegro and special match for Lippi as he equalled the record for longest unbeaten streak as Italy manager. Now 30 matches in a row unbeaten. Looks like he will break it. Was a better performance then the other matches but still have to finish our chances. Too many were missed.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:40 am

Roman_Eagle wrote:
we walked away with a clean net last night from Georgia ... judging by the game we played we won't qualify

I did not see the match or even highlights so I can not really judge but by reading comments and reports on the game it even seems as though Bulgaria were lucky to get a point in Georgia No also read the playing below par and hardly made any good attacking moves but apparently defense was quite good which is good to hear. If we want to qualify we need to start picking up wins. Unbeaten for now, yes, but all 3 games have ended in draws and the team is not playing as well as they could be. Hopefully the 5 or 6 months off till the next qualifying match will be good for the team and coach. I still believe Bulgaria can qualify but especially Italy and Ireland are getting too far ahead in the standings and makes it obviously more difficult now to progress.

Did the guys in Bulgaria watch the match?
Back to top Go down
Thiago
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 214
Country and city : Brasil
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:36 am

By the way things are going Portugal won't qualify...
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Bobbi wrote:
Did the guys in Bulgaria watch the match?

Yes, but I'm not happy to say that, because our team was really, really weak in this game .. Georgia should have won it, but we had a great keeper (Georgi Petkov) who made alot of great saves to save the point .. With that kind of play we deserve to fight for the 4th spot in our group, not for the 2nd .. I hope that the team will play better next year ...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:16 am

Italy 1-1 Ireland.

Italy played the whole game with ten men as Pazzini was sent off in the first couple of minutes. Honestly, it was a ridiculous decision, yes his elbow caught O'Shea's eye and left his face covered in blood but I'm certain sure no malice was intended and I hate seeing contact taken out of football.

Iaquinta scored soon after that as Italy sensibly attacked our wings. In all honesty, Italy could have walked this game if they didn't spend so much time defending and actually went for a second goal.

I hate Ireland as a team sometimes. We now have a bunch of players who think their superheroes and it is frankly disgusting to see a player in an Irish shirt applaud the issuing of a red card to a rival. It's just a game at the end of the day, no need to be a**holes about it.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:04 am

True Caxi, it was a ridiculous decision, as were alot of decisions during the match. It's such a shame the match was ruined from the 4th minute.

Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:19 am

And Bosnia beat Belgium twice in couple of days now, first 4-2 in Genk in BElgium and now 2-1 in Zenica, Bosnia. Edin Dzeko, Wolfsburg striker, is devoleping in to a world class player. Three goals in two games. Impressive.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:37 am

Bulgaria finally won! cheers
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:55 am

TUR v ESP 1-2 ... lucky win, a draw was better, but Spain showed that they have matured to an incredible passing machine, even in crazy Istanbul

By far, at this moment, the BEST team in the world.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:10 pm

Caxi wrote:
Italy 1-1 Ireland.

Italy played the whole game with ten men as Pazzini was sent off in the first couple of minutes. Honestly, it was a ridiculous decision, yes his elbow caught O'Shea's eye and left his face covered in blood but I'm certain sure no malice was intended and I hate seeing contact taken out of football.

Iaquinta scored soon after that as Italy sensibly attacked our wings. In all honesty, Italy could have walked this game if they didn't spend so much time defending and actually went for a second goal.

I hate Ireland as a team sometimes. We now have a bunch of players who think their superheroes and it is frankly disgusting to see a player in an Irish shirt applaud the issuing of a red card to a rival. It's just a game at the end of the day, no need to be a**holes about it.

yep, very disappointing decision. I think the decision was made based on the fact that he was bleeding rather than the actual foul.

there was a similar high-profile decision in Australia recently where the final was ruined 10 minutes in for the exact same reason.

Still our next games are against Bulgaria at home and away in Georgia. 6 points should put us in good stead before our trip to Dublin.

Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:16 pm

also I must state my disappointment at the fact that Foggia didn't even get a cap this week. Surely he has more of an international future than Simone Pepe.

not even going into the Cassano saga........

Belgio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 785
Country and city : Italia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Secret_Samadhi wrote:
And Bosnia beat Belgium twice in couple of days now, first 4-2 in Genk in BElgium and now 2-1 in Zenica, Bosnia. Edin Dzeko, Wolfsburg striker, is devoleping in to a world class player. Three goals in two games. Impressive.

Ok he might be good indeed but don't forget we totally sucked *rse Very Happy

Congratulations and thanks for making sure we will finaly get a good coach ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 - European Qualification   Today at 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2010 - European Qualification
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next