Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Marco Canigiani, Head of Sales of Società Sportiva Lazio, opens the possibility of a sponsor on the shirt of Lazio: “Sono molto fiducioso. "I am very confident. Molto di più rispetto allo scorso anno”. Much more than last year. "

from piazzadellaliberta
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Obviously from a financial point of view I hope we get a sponsor, but I love our shirts without one, they look much better so hopefully I can get them before the sponsors got on them.

Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Not the current shirts. Jeez, I'd settle for any sponsor to detract from the hideous nature of these shirts. It can be a sanitary towel manafacturer for all I care...
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:57 pm

Love our shirts without any trap om them, but these shirts will probably be better off with some ugly add on the front...
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:30 am

Looks like Lazio will have 'Del Tongo' as their sponsor for the Beijing Supercup.

Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:38 am

Giolazio wrote:
Looks like Lazio will have 'Del Tongo' as their sponsor for the Beijing Supercup.

source?
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Broencoceleste wrote:
Giolazio wrote:

source?

would be better if we had DEL THONGO

here's the link for the boring sponsor
http://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/?action=read&idnotizia=6291

Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:17 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
viper
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 473
Country and city : Macedonia,Stip

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:59 pm

"Rome is waiting for you"

MESH AGAINST INTER

TOURISM ADVERTISE FOR LAZIO REGION affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:43 pm

beautiful, even as our season sponser:)))

but i think it must placed lower a bit
Back to top Go down
joeyd816
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 108
Country and city : USA, New York
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:39 pm

WHERE CAN YOU BUY THIS JERSEY?!
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:51 pm

THE JERSEY IS MADE ONLY FOR THE SUPERCUP MATCH.
Available Only at Piazza Italia in Beijing and in the Official Lazio style .
500 pieces.

4ZALAZIO
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 59
Country and city : Canada
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:05 pm

This has always been an issue that bothers me.

Set aside who like which sponsor, or whether you prefer no sponsor at all, the truth of the matter is "we can all use some extra cash" and with each passing game we are missing out.

So what is the hold up here? Does anyone know what the issue is?

I can't imagine that the legal dealings for a sponsor are straight forward, but it isn't rocket science either?

Lotito likes to tout himself as a business man, one who has remedied the books, so wouldn't having ANYONE on the shirt be better then having NO cash flow at all.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Yes and no.

Obviously having a spomsor does help on the economical side of things but there is, inevitably, a "but."

Hypothetically speaking, let's just say Lotito knows of a possible sponsor who will offer to pay us 1 million a year for the next 5 years. That would generate 5 million over a 5 year period.

But what happens, if, in two years time, another Siemens-type sponsor comes along offering us 5 million per season? Should something like that happen, we can make up for the cost of not having a sposnor in no time, we will also have a big name on our side and potentially a company who could perhaps throw some money behind a new stadium. In that case, we win big style.

Lotito is a master at biding his time and with regards to a sponsor, I think he's waiting on a megadeal; it might never come but if it does and we're already signed up with a rubbish sponsor, who will be kicking himself then? bounce
Back to top Go down
Ramone
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 246
Country and city : Indonesia
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:04 pm

Caxi wrote:
Yes and no.

Obviously having a spomsor does help on the economical side of things but there is, inevitably, a "but."

Hypothetically speaking, let's just say Lotito knows of a possible sponsor who will offer to pay us 1 million a year for the next 5 years. That would generate 5 million over a 5 year period.

But what happens, if, in two years time, another Siemens-type sponsor comes along offering us 5 million per season? Should something like that happen, we can make up for the cost of not having a sposnor in no time, we will also have a big name on our side and potentially a company who could perhaps throw some money behind a new stadium. In that case, we win big style.

Lotito is a master at biding his time and with regards to a sponsor, I think he's waiting on a megadeal; it might never come but if it does and we're already signed up with a rubbish sponsor, who will be kicking himself then? bounce

Wow, it enlighten me. I never thought before. Sharp analysis.
Back to top Go down
4ZALAZIO
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:49 pm

An interesting perspective....I agree and I would be extremely pleased if a 5 mil a year contract presented itself. “But”, as you have mentioned there is always a but, as in all things in life, you can not rely on the what-if.

- What-if you hesitate taking a new position at work, because you are waiting for your dream job to come around? Are you going to miss out on a solid promotion on a what-if

- What-if you let the mother of your future kids walk out that door, because you think the you haven't found the women of your dreams? Are you going to throw away a good relationship on a what-if.

- What if you get hit by a bus tomorrow, does that mean you won't leave your house and let life pass you by….because of what-if

As absurd as this may be, (and I’m willing to bet in the history of man, someone has been faced with similar decisions to make) relying on the what-if guarantees one thing, a lot of wasted time.

Now lets look at things in a different perspective. I’ll argue that it’s a bit more of an objective view. At this stage in the game, Lazio can not be compared to a top European club, in the likes of Real Madrid, Man U. Barcelona, etc. As much as I want them to be, and I believe we are progressing nicely, we aren’t there yet. And until we have a consistent presence in the UCL year-in and year-out, the 5 million dollar sponsor may not be a realistic expectation. If they were, then why haven’t they presented themselves in the last year or so? I’m willing to bet it has to do with what I’ve just stated.

So, in my opinion, I'd rather be tied to a 1 million dollar per year contract for the next 2 years (hedge your bets with a smaller contract), then biding my time for the 5 million dollar per year contract that is less likely to materialize.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:34 pm

A two-year contract with a smaller sponsor is not something a smart advertiser wants because, how can an advertiser strike up a partnership with Lazio if he/she knows after two years that Lotito will run to a big sponsor? You can't build a brand in two years; look at our deal with Puma as an example.

We can take really short-term sponsors like we have in the past.

And I agree about the what-ifs; but what your argument also shows is that you can hold on to mediocrity as much as you can miss out on the perfect deal. To use your analogy, you could let go of a relationship because you believe it is not right but at the same time, you could hold onto it for too long and miss out on the right relationship. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

It's a double-edged sword and sometimes, you just have to take the gamble and face the consequences if it backfires.
Back to top Go down
4ZALAZIO
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:57 pm

Oh I understand entirely. You hit the nail on the head with it being a double-edge sword. Its knowing when to make the right move.

That's why I think we should be hedging our bet. Reduce the risk so to speak. Much like player contracts, and I don’t think this is a new concept in the world of sponsorships, you make use of performance incentives for an arrangement between club and sponsor. These are win-win incentives placed in the contract to support and protect both party’s interests.

Example: As the club grows and their exposure on the European stage becomes more prevalent, (based on some quantitative measure) so does the sponsorship dollars.

In this way, the sponsor receives more exposure on a global market and we received the need funds from the sponsor.

The same applies to extensions. A two-year contract with smaller sponsor is not in sponsor’s best interest. But club performance can also dictate sponsorship extensions. Let me ask you a question, as a sponsor, do you want your brand associated with a bottom feeder team? Of course not. But as the team excels, you bet your bottom dollar that you want to be part of that opportunity, and you are likely to pay the premium to continue the advertising adventure. If you fail to pay the premium then the club is free to entertain other offers from other sponsors. On the other hand, if the club fails, you as the sponsor don’t want your brand associated to a losing team. Again this all supports the concept of win-win.

Let me ask you another question. What message do we send to advertisers when the club has been without a sponsor for the last year or so? Our viability comes into question. As an advertiser, you ask yourself why others have been reluctant to jump on board with the club? That alone already places us behind the 8-ball and puts the power of negotiation in hand of the sponsor, not the club. Imagine selling a condo, that you desperately need to be sell because next month you have to cough up the down payment on your new two story house? Are you going to tell the prospective buyer that you have to sell immediately. Of course not, cause if you did, the power of negotiation is now in the hands of the buyer and not you. They are free to low ball you with a shitty offer for your condo and given your circumstance you may have to consider. The same applies to a team without a sponsor, the only difference here is that it is clearly evident the sponsor can dictate the terms of the contract.

In this thread, someone mentioned the days where Barcelona played without a sponsor. Well the name Barcelona alone speaks to brand power. We had that with our glory days of the late 90s, but unfortunately we can’t rely on our name alone to land a big sponsorship contract. We have to compare apples to apples here.

Look I don’t consider myself the authority on marketing and advertising. But for a team like Lazio, there is no excuse why we shouldn’t have a sponsor on our kit. And even a two year contract, with out incentives, at a 1 million a year is a solid business opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:08 pm

I have nothing to add; I pretty much agree with everything you said but of course, we have to wait and see how it all plays out ot see if we're right.
Back to top Go down
4ZALAZIO
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:31 am

For Lazio sake, I hope your senario plays out first, as it wold make up dearly for the years we've gone without.

Those sponsorship dollars can go towards helping to pay player wages! It would also give us that extra bit of wiggle room to offer bumper pay increases for key in-form players when it comes to contract renewals.

Cheers mate!
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:49 pm

just curious....anyone know why the old deal with INA Assitalia wasn't continued??

I heard it was a dispute between INA and Lotito over the bonus we would get as a result of playing Champions League, but dunno how accurate that is.

Also heard that INA's president of the time was laziale. Don't know how accurate that is either.

Probably if Lotito knew the global financial crisis was gna hit the world, he'd have agreed a new deal with INA back in 2007. Neutral

Anyone know anything?
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:28 pm

c. testa wrote:
Also heard that INA's president of the time was laziale. Don't know how accurate that is either.

if he was laziale, why the heck did he sponsored ASMerda years before us scratch
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:42 am

pazke wrote:
c. testa wrote:

if he was laziale, why the heck did he sponsored ASMerda years before us scratch

Maybe the president at the time of sponsoring Merda years ago was a Merda fan?
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:27 pm

c. testa wrote:
just curious....anyone know why the old deal with INA Assitalia wasn't continued??

I heard it was a dispute between INA and Lotito over the bonus we would get as a result of playing Champions League, but dunno how accurate that is.

Probably if Lotito knew the global financial crisis was gna hit the world, he'd have agreed a new deal with INA back in 2007. Neutral

Anyone know anything?

What!! a dispute between Lotito and another human being ... that´s .. that´s ... that´s impossible!!!
Back to top Go down
indian_eagle
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Country and city : India
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:08 pm

I thought I saw a sponsor in the shirt yesterday. Does anyone have any info ?
I don't think I heard anything on this for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sponsor   Today at 4:53 am

Back to top Go down

Sponsor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next