Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 69
Country and city : NYC
Laziale since : 1972
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Trofeo Maestrelli   Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Channel4 wrote:
Former Inter boss Roberto Mancini has won the Trofeo Maestrelli for the best Coach of 2008.

The award is presented annually to the tactician who stood out in Serie A and Mancini is the 29th winner.

In spite of his subsequent dismissal, Mancio has clinched the honour that is named after the great Reggina, Foggia, and Lazio Coach who died in 1976.

“This award gives me a lot of pleasure because it is named after a great Coach in Maestrelli,” Mancini said at the presentation in Viareggio.

“As an ex-player and Coach of Lazio, it can only bring me extreme satisfaction."

“Inter were already strong when I took over and now they are stronger still and undoubtedly favourites for the Scudetto with Milan and Juventus behind.”

As for his own future, Mancini had nothing to report to journalists as he waits to legally free himself from Inter.

“There is no news and nothing on the horizon at the moment,” the Jesolo native stated.

This is not a post about ManKo winning this award, it is about the name of the trophy.
It is obvious it was named after our Maestro 29 seasons ago, but would anyone have deeper insight on this Trofeo?
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Trofeo Maestrelli   Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm not sure on the history but it's the second time Inter have fired a coach the same time that they won it with Gigi Simone being the first. He was sacked on the day he won!
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Trofeo Maestrelli   Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:15 am

Its great that such a prestigious award is named after a great coach and man like Mr Maestrelli, who Lazio had the pleasure of knowing well especially during his excellent time with us.

Yeah its odd how an Inter coach wins it (Simone and now Mancini) yet have been sacked from their post within recent time of winning it, even though voted best coach in Italy. But thats Inter for you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trofeo Maestrelli   Today at 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Trofeo Maestrelli
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1