Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:03 pm

After today, I feel that Rossi has done his job in Lazio. He is the man for smaller, average clubs not a man who will lead a team of Lazio caliber to Europe. We started season good, had some luck but after three games against average opponets like Lecce, Bologna and Napoli we have taken 1 point?! Clearly, Mr Rossi has lost it, playing with Manfredini and out of form Mauri is suicide and he is making those misstakes over and over. Only good thing is that he sent Makinwa on the stands. Siviglia cost us today and he should takee atleast two goals vs Bologna. Rossi should know that a good team is built around a solid defence, we have only Rozehnal as a really good defender. Siviglia has done his, is too old and Cribari? Well, I dunno what to say. I'm dissapointed and I knew when I saw the starting line-up that we ain't gonna win this. Fuk it.
Back to top Go down
Edi
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 176
Country and city : sLOVEnia, Koper/Capodistria/Caput Histrae
Laziale since : ancient greece:)
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:08 pm

Well, don't know what to say about Rossi, but Siviglia was our best player today to be honest. Everyone else, was average more or less.
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:10 pm

i think there are enough players at fault to just blame rossi, but i can't say i'm in love with his tactics right now...
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:10 pm

This time of the week again? So let me get this straight - Rossi is guilty for us not having good defenders? Now playing Manfredini and Mauri is indded silly but let's not forget Dabo had a shocker last week and it was either him or Manfredini. AnywayiIf you are going to blame someone for the goal, blame Lichtsteiner, not Siviglia. I'd much rather blame Rossi for our inability to create when the opponent closes up which is a way bigger problem.
Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:17 pm

maybe change tactics, but not fire, i mean rossi promised 3-4-2-1 as a change, but he is still playing 4-3-2-1

if he continues like that i vote for diego simeone to coach us
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:22 pm

Matrim wrote:
This time of the week again? So let me get this straight - Rossi is guilty for us not having good defenders?

Yes he is. Instead of spending his money on usseless Makinwa Rossi should know that these defenders we have now sucks big time. He could ask Lotito for a decent defender besides Rozehnal, but only genius mind like Rossi reconized the big talent Makinwa has and we spen 8 million on him. Rossis fault, only his. He belives in Siviglia who turned 36 year old, ok I have nothing against Siviglia but he had his peak years ago. He is no Maldini to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Laziale``
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 329
Country and city : Skopje,Macedonia
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:29 pm

Yes fire him.Please
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:30 pm

You are aware that Rossi DOES NOT decide who we buy or sell, right? OK, he asked for Makinwa (but Sabatini or whoever approved, I woudl venture) which was idiotic but this summer he said explicitely that he had not received any of the players he had asked for and other people (Lotito) decide who will come and who will go. Now, if you want to blame him for playing Radu as a LB, not CB, be my guest but we did buy two CBs this summer.
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 58
Country and city : Montreal
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 pm

hmmmmmm ok....delio rossi....lost faith in this guy from last season...not even with out great start none of that faith resurfaced...starting manfredini...a loss for words...foggia on the bench?????....with manfredini on the pitch we became more defensive...but a defensive team will not beat napoli...manfredini manfredini...the guy cannot run,pass, shoot, head the ball etc...you name it...we could have started a pylon and gotten more out of it than manfredini. my next thought bringing in simone inzaghi in the 80th minute....why not 10 minutes earlier....and instead of getting a defender we keep siviglia..who we all know is 36...stendardo...no of course not...ship him out...anyways...time for the sack rossi....its looming and i cannot wait for that moment to happen
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:57 pm

Matrim wrote:
You are aware that Rossi DOES NOT decide who we buy or sell, right? OK, he asked for Makinwa (but Sabatini or whoever approved, I woudl venture) which was idiotic but this summer he said explicitely that he had not received any of the players he had asked for and other people (Lotito) decide who will come and who will go. Now, if you want to blame him for playing Radu as a LB, not CB, be my guest but we did buy two CBs this summer.

Is it Lotito to Blame for Rossi sending Stendardo away? Stendardo who has played good for Lecce so far. I dunno if your statement is correct regarding who decides our transfer politic but I am pretty sure that Rossi must have some power in it. All summer we have been linked with defenders and strikers but no defenders. My guess is that Rossi decided that he is satisfied what he got. Radu is good CB, but unlike everybody else Delio thinks that he should play LB. I hate those stubborn old school coaches, like Zacceroni and Rossi who is keeping with his tactics no matter what. Even if things goes wrong he continues making same misstakes over and over.
Back to top Go down
lazio_grande
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 1
Country and city : Bulgaria/Varna
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Yes, i think it` s time for Delio to go..i lost my faith ih him..we need first class manager.and i think mancini and mihailovic are the right decision, becouse we are big club, not avrage one..Forza Lazio
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:20 pm

let's hope that Wednesday the team will reply on the 0 out of 6, we just need a win to boost the moral of Rossi and the team ... for me it's a bot too early to sack Rossi ... but if we lose Wednesday ... you never know?
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Secret_Samadhi wrote:
Matrim wrote:

Is it Lotito to Blame for Rossi sending Stendardo away? Stendardo who has played good for Lecce so far. I dunno if your statement is correct regarding who decides our transfer politic but I am pretty sure that Rossi must have some power in it. All summer we have been linked with defenders and strikers but no defenders. My guess is that Rossi decided that he is satisfied what he got. Radu is good CB, but unlike everybody else Delio thinks that he should play LB. I hate those stubborn old school coaches, like Zacceroni and Rossi who is keeping with his tactics no matter what. Even if things goes wrong he continues making same misstakes over and over.

You mean the Stendardo who was a walking disaster in so many of the games he played for us? Oh, yes, he is so clearly the answer to our problems, you totally convinced me. We were not linked with defenders because we bought Radu and Rozehnal pretty much before the summer mercato had really started. The thing is our defence has not worked pretty much only in games where nothing really worked which tells me the problem is more mental than anything else. Like the Milan game where we were too coky to make tactical fouls or press properly or the Bologna game where we woke up in the 30 th minute. Rossi needs to take a lot of the blame for this. IMO, Getting rid of Stendardo is very insignificant compared to the mental collpases we are prone to and the selfishness of our strikers of late.
Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 859
Country and city : Estonia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:07 pm

If we will defeat Chievo then its OK if he uses right players on the starting eleven. But today if i saw manfre and mauri then i was shocked.
I was dreaming of Mancini and Miha :) Maybe it would be a solution :) Mancini has the power and the players to show Moratti that he was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:11 pm

You guys wgo think that Rossi needs to leave: Who could replace?
One of the arguments I read is that he is not a coach for a club that wants to reach top positions (you forgot he took us to CL??), but which one of the coaches that are out there has the experience, name and talent for that? You must remember also that good coaches cost quite a bit. I have read Diego Simeone, but how reliable is he if the desire is for a coach that should get us up there THIS season..?

Needless to say, I support Rossi - despite him making strange choices every now and then...
Back to top Go down
Laziale``
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 329
Country and city : Skopje,Macedonia
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:22 pm

Cash wrote:

Zico was good choice before the season, but know it can be Mancini/Mihajlovic
Back to top Go down
LofL
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 298
Country and city : FlorÝ, Norway
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:39 pm

It's too early to fire Rossi. He always had the problem of being to stubborn but I feel he is going away from that. He wanted to play 3-4-3 but didn't when he saw it was not working. He have also stopped playing Makinwa. I know people will say he still play Manfre and Mauri but the two of them were not so bad today and who else would be play on our midfield? Firmari, Meghni and Matuzalem are all injured.

Give the man some time, we have Chievo (A), Catania (H), Siena (H) before the merda game. We should get atleast 7 points from this games. If not it's time to talk about Rossi.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:48 pm

It is way to early to fire Rossi. I do not like his tactics but in all honesty in some games this season we have been rather unlucky to lose or draw. The Milan game was a very unjust score, as was the Lecce game and now the Napoli one. IMO Lazio played better than the opponents in these games (especially the latter two ones) and had the team pulled out wins then we would be higher up in the table, more points, etc and I bet people would not be calling for Rossi to be sacked. The Bologna match was just bad, but even then after Rocchi scored the team did create some chances which was good to see. It is not all Rossi's fault for the recent bad run of results and it would be silly to sack him right now with what he has achieved and the position Lazio is in. We are coming like 5th now only a few points away from the top although a few from the lower ends as well. I support Rossi as a coach and think he can definitely turn things around but his tactics need to be addressed no doubt I believe.

I think a quality centre back is needed in the January transfer mercato. Siviglia, Cribari and Rozehnal are all trustworthy and reliable - generally solid too, but I believe this is the weak point in the current team and I would really love to see the young Diakite given chances. He did very well in the handful of matches he played in over the last 2 seasons with Lazio and showed very good potential, is fast and has great physique and athletic ability. Put him on Delio. Who knows, the boy could be the answer to our sometimes off defense?

Some players need to be discussed and I am mainly thinking about Ledesma as he is a question mark case. I don't know the situation much but is he leaves I would rather he leave in the coming transfer window - or start playing him less because in recent matches he is off it completely and does not have the want to do well. As a captain of such a great club this really annoys me and although I like him as a player I don't like his attitude at all. Also he is quite inconsistent - sometimes terrific and sometimes completely out of it. Sell him to Juventus or Inter or whoever offers the most, and get a player exchange, buy someone, whatever, but as he is central to the Lazio team (as captain and player), I feel he is not doing his duty well enough. I hope he changes soon but I am not getting my hopes up.

Its not Delio Rossi's fault but I believe he needs to rethink his current tactics for the team he has at his disposal and change things around as soon as possible and there is no better time than to start at the next game away to Chievo.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:26 am

Every time Lazio lose, people call for Rossi to be sacked.

I dont agree with everything the man does but the criticism of him is laughable at best. Today we deserved to win IMO, and could easily have done so and then topics like this wouldn't appear. Manfredini, Siviglia and Mauri weren't superstars today but they didnt disgrace themselves either.

In Italian football, the man behind hiring and firing players and shaping the squad is the DS (sports director). Rossi does not hold this position and he does not negotiate transfers. He has a say and the final decision is made by others, whether it be Sabatini or Lotito etc.

Dont forget the man already has led us to CL, so that disproves the theory of him not being capable of leading Lazio to Europe.

We lost today and some names should be questioned over it, but they are NOT Manfredini, Mauri or Delio Rossi. Instead lets look at more popular players like Ledesma and Zarate, as good as they are, might have cost us something today.

Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:12 am

Laziale`` wrote:
Cash wrote:

Zico was good choice before the season, but know it can be Mancini/Mihajlovic

You mean the Mancini who will get like 15 million from Inter in the next few years as long as he doesn't become a coach of other team? I am sure he is dying to return... Or Zico who has a very good reputation and could easily get a multi-million dollar wage? Stop joking. Few people would want to come to us in the middle fo the season, considering our limited finacial resourses, demanding fans and a megalomaniac for a president.

Quote :
We lost today and some names should be questioned over it, but they are NOT Manfredini, Mauri or Delio Rossi. Instead lets look at more popular players like Ledesma and Zarate, as good as they are, might have cost us something today.

True that, it seems like many people on this forum complain about the same people regardless whether they have had a good game or a shockingly bad one...and some even do it without actually watching the game just by looking at the line-up. If we lose, it simply must be because of [insert name of player/coach disliked by the poster].
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:19 am

I watched todays game and I can't see what Manfredini or Mauri did good for us? Neither Zarate or Pandev were good but you can understand them. Di Silvestre was pretty bad when he came in too. What I'm saying is that Mauri has been bad for two seasons and he is playing almost every game. Ain't that strange? Ain't that stubborn point of view by the coach, who will give him the chance no matter what? Why he keeps giving Manfredinho playing time is a question for some good psycho doctor. Those three games before merda will decide Rossi future I belive. 7 or 9 points is a must, then Rossi will have to explain some questions. I can't wait to see what line-up he will choose against Chievo?
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:40 am

I have full support on the coach, but he has to change results.

He has a good team in his hands, maybe not the best defense in the world, but this team has to improve, we cant keep on the way we perfomed this month.
Back to top Go down
Gianni Calcio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 142
Country and city : Canada
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:23 pm

I think Lazio can only go sofar with Rossi as coach he is good for a team that has less ambition!
Lotito loves him though and I am scared that we will fall even further in the table.
I want to see Diego Simeone as our coach!

To be honest I wanted to wake up today and see that Rossi was fired and that Simeone was replacing him... No
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Well, sometimes he's brilliant and sometimes he's also run out of idea... The stubbornness is also his bad issue.. but to fire him right now will gonna ruin everything... To late for it, if in the summer we did find someone else to replace him, I would agree... but now?? C'mon.. Let the man working until the season is finished..

Because he's the coach of Lazio right now, then I behind him 100%... Somehow my feeling says that he has the potential to be really good... I really hope that my feeling is right...
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:57 am

I have the same feeling, Broencoceleste. Yes, he does make strange decisions and there have been losses that are hard to swallow, and particularly frustrating. But I feel like he has a tendency to redeem himself in important situations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?   Today at 12:48 am

Back to top Go down

Is it time to fire Delio Rossi?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next