Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 135
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:07 am

United fans did the Lazio, Lazio, Lazio chants in the 2nd leg (after the trouble in Rome), I should know I was there. United are my side in England, and it was great fun to chant Lazio at the Merdas fans
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:09 am

the reason Irriducibili Lazio have a twinning with Real Madrid Ultras Sur (and many other teams for that matter) is because of the extreme right wing political views they hold

so unless you are a right wing extremist Laziale, then you are under no obligation whatsoever to like Real Madrid.

AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:35 am

I alway thought Real madrid as a friendly club to Roma and us with Atletico Madrid, cause of the transfers in the last few years ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Real madrid <-> Roma: cassan0, cicinho, baptista , pannucci - -----------------------------------------------------------------------Ath.Madrid<-> Lazio: Diego simeone, Albertini,Veiri ,,,, others i dont remember
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:55 pm

it's just plain easy, the Lazio twinnings or better the 'IRR' twinnigs are all political related, teams like :
Inter - http://www.boys-san.it/default2.htm#
Triestina - http://www.uts1976.com/
Real Madrid - http://www.ultras-sur.es/home.html
Espanyol - http://www.bb85bb.com/
Chelsea - http://www.chelseahooligans.com/

are just related to the 'IRR4 by politics, no more no less
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:54 pm

Remember when Roma played in Madrid the Real fans tied a Lazio flag behind Roma's goals!

LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 628
Country and city : Chile, Santiago
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:28 pm

Giolazio wrote:
Remember when Roma played in Madrid the Real fans tied a Lazio flag behind Roma's goals!

Really Gio???
When was that??
I would love to see it, but the higlights her just show the goals Neutral
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:11 pm

AbedElkader wrote:
I alway thought Real madrid as a friendly club to Roma and us with Atletico Madrid, cause of the transfers in the last few years ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Real madrid <-> Roma: cassan0, cicinho, baptista , pannucci - -----------------------------------------------------------------------Ath.Madrid<-> Lazio: Diego simeone, Albertini,Veiri ,,,, others i dont remember

No, it is not like that at all. Lazio can not be associated with Atletico Madrid.

Atletico Madrid is traditionally the working class Capital club. Their ground is situated in the more working class areas in the south of the city. Traditionally their supporters are to the left but some are to the right as well.

Real Madrid is traditionally the middle-upper class Capital club just like Lazio is. The Santiago Bernabeu stadium is located in the more affluent northern parts of the city where the core fanbase is located as well just like Lazio fanbase.

Even without the hardcore fans sharing same ideological backgrounds there is common ground between Lazio and Real Madrid. And knowing that fact it does not surprise me in the slightest that the hardcore fans are friends and politically the same.

It does make sense.
Back to top Go down
Galles.
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 96
Country and city : Bath,England, UK
Laziale since : Foetus
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:29 am

c. testa wrote:

The Arsenal rivalry goes back to the Champions League game in 2000 (I think it was), with the Mihajlovic-Vieira incidents and racist chants from the Laziali in the stands. Simeone copped one in the face that day from Grimandi I think.

This rivalry goes further back than that,over thirty years.A post match dinner between the two teams ended in a huge fight after the Arsenal players disrespected the Lazio team.Slapping Galore.
Back to top Go down
hamidsinisa
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 466
Country and city : Persia
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:52 am

from wikipedia:

Gemellaggi
Lazio ultras' strongest friendship is certainly with the ultras of Internazionale. It was born around the mid-1980s and has become stronger in recent years with the UEFA Cup 1997-98 final in Paris, and the infamous Serie A 2001-02 season decider on 5th May, 2002 at the Stadio Olimpico, when many fans of Lazio supported Inter, their opposition, hoping they would claim the Scudetto ahead of hated rival Juventus. The match ended 4-2 to Lazio, a result which saw Inter lose their title on the last day and many Lazio ultras called for manager Alberto Zaccheroni to be sacked.
Another twinning of Lazio was born during the 80s, that with Triestina. It was formed when the two sides were both playing in Serie B, when the Triestina ultras unfurled a banner against Lazio, stating in Italian, Welcome Eagles, together we return. The twinning only got stronger recently when, during a Coppa Italia match at the Stadio Olimpico, between Triestina and Lazio's hated rivals AS Rona, the Triestina fans displayed Lazio banners in their terrace.
A friendship is held between the Lazio ultras and those of Hellas Verona. This is based on the two groups both being right-wing politically, and sharing the same ultras principles. However, Verona fans are twinned with those of Fiorentina, historically a rival of Lazio, which means there is only an amicizia, or friendship, instead of a true twinning. Another similar friendship is shared with the ultras of Chieti.
Since they first played in Europe, Lazio have begun to develop friendships at an international level. The most important are those with the Real Madrid ultras known as Ultras Sur, Espanyol and Chelsea.
The first, with Real, was born in 2001 during a UEFA Champions League match between the two teams, while that with Chelsea was set up in the 1970's.[1]

Rivalries
By far Lazio's greatest rivals, are their crosstown enemies A.S. Roma, with whom they contest the bitterly fought Derby della Capitale, considered one of, if not the, greatest Derbies in the world.
Other rivals in Italy include, Napoli, a rivalry which began in the 1980's and is particularly fierce due to the ex-friendship between Napoli and Roma, which has now become a Derby itself, the Derby del Sole, but also the proximity between the cities of Rome and Naples.
During the 1970's, Lazio developed a strong hate for Pescara Calcio, who in return consider Lazio their greatest rival. Due to Pescara's fleeting appearances in Serie A, the match has not been played now for over a decade. However, the two sets of fans did clash at a Primavera match in neutral Ancona.
The ultras consider both Livorno and Atalanta to be among their greatest enemies. Both of these rivalries were born due to political ideologies, with both Livorno and Atalanta having predominately left-wing fans, while Lazio's are far right. Lazio icon Paolo Di Canio and Livorno icon Cristiano Lucarelli have both performed controversial salutes to fans during matches featuring, and between, these sides.
Lazio also count Fiorentina, Juventus, Milan as rivals while in Europe, [[Arsenal F.C.|Arsenal] were added to the long hate list, following a spiteful encounter in 2000, which saw racist chants and insults being directed towards Arsenal players, particularly Patrick Vieira from both the Ultras and Lazio defender Sinisa Mihajlovic.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:59 am

Mafalda wrote:
Giolazio wrote:

Really Gio???
When was that??
I would love to see it, but the higlights her just show the goals Neutral

I can't remember off the top of my head, i'll have a look in the archives! Very Happy

Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 273
Country and city : Belgium-Waregem
Laziale since : 2001
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:57 pm

Thiago wrote:
Well, it wouldn't make sense to have twinnings with Espanyol and Barcelona since both are from Barcelona XD
Plus, I've heard somewhere that PSG ultras are linked to us too.

yes indeed, PSG is also right-winged inspired so they have much respect for us.
The rivalry with OL Marseille is also due to politics. They are left-winged ( aux armes).
Back to top Go down
FORZA-LAZIO1900
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 120
Country and city : southampton
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:22 am

random quastion here

but are our ultras (IRR,C.M.L ETC) Facsits/Nazis?

Forza Lazio

Good win today:d
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Twinnings?   Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:15 am

No.