HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 England - Premier League

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Dejan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 274
Age : 35
Country and city : Serbia
Laziale since : 1900
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:37 am

Robinho to Man City for 40 mills.
Berbatov to Man Utd.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:01 am

Dejan wrote:
Robinho to Man City for 40 mills.
Berbatov to Man Utd.

Looks that way although I don't really want to see Berba go to United.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 256
Age : 31
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:08 am

Bobbi wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Robinho to Man City for 40 mills.
Berbatov to Man Utd.

Looks that way although I don't really want to see Berba go to United.
I'm not a United fan but I do think that they could really use a quality center forward like Berbatov. Tevez and Rooney are just too similar in style and they are both very good at supporting a central striker.
Although I must add that I have expected much bigger things from Rooney considering how good he was when he was 18. The feeling is that he hasn't been progressing/developing at the speed many have expected. Or maybe he 's just been overshadowed by Ronaldo...

Spurs will surely pick themselves up now after they have finally got this transfer resolved and with the addition of Ćorluka who provides competition for both the right back and center half positions.
Back to top Go down
Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 135
Age : 25
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:00 pm

Bobbi wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Robinho to Man City for 40 mills.
Berbatov to Man Utd.

Looks that way although I don't really want to see Berba go to United.

Di mi tar Berbatov!
Di mi tar Berbatov!
Di mi tar Berbatov!

Fantastic news hes going on my shirt bounce
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 688
Age : 34
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:06 pm

Anyone else think Robinho is over-rated and over-priced? I don't think he will cope with the physical side of the Premiership. Man City only got him to show they can buy big money players and out-bid teams on wages and fees, I wouldn't think Hughes had much say in the matter. Look at Chelsea's first few huge money deals- Crespo, Mutu, Duff, Wright-Phillips- hardly great successes. It took players like Essien and Carvalho (admitedly expensive) who were wanted by the manager and were for specific roles.

I doubt that Man City will be destined for the Champions League or for any silverwear anytime soon. They don't even have the background of Champions League qualification or cup wins like Chelsea did to build on.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:38 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/02/manchestercity.manchesterunited

City want to buy everyone. Don't knock them, they have a good side, sitting pretty near the top, 10 times as much money as Chelsea and they have managed to convince Robinho to come to the club so don't knock them at all.
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 586
Age : 29
Country and city : Los Angeles
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:14 pm

Wright-Philips, Ireland, Elano and Petrov. So, who sits with Robinho arriving?
Back to top Go down
Gianni Calcio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 142
Age : 32
Country and city : Canada
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:30 pm

They want to make an 135 million pound bid in January for Ronaldo! affraid

I read yesterday alone they made over 300 million pound offers for players affraid
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 256
Age : 31
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:06 am

Gianni Calcio wrote:
They want to make an 135 million pound bid in January for Ronaldo! affraid

I read yesterday alone they made over 300 million pound offers for players affraid
That's just crazy! That's not football.
I'm interested to know how much influence and freedom will Hughes have in deciding which players will join the club.

And as Treq already said where's Robinho going to play or better yet, who won't play.
I guess that Wright-Phillips will be the right winger but Martin Petrov is a fine player, one of the best left wingers in the world and I've seen him last week and he's in form. Will he now have to make way for a certain 40 million euro someone?
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:02 am

No way should Petrov be sidelined for the over rated Robinho. Maybe City plan on switching formations around and using him for a striker or attacking midfielder? Whatever they want him for I don't think it is fair to drop Petrov, Elano, Wright-Phillips or Ireland inorder to play him in their starting XI. They should have kept Corluka too, he was a rock for them at the back. In terms of European football.... it is hard seeing them get into the top 4 this season - or any team really apart from the 'big' 4 but I do feel they have a very good squad that when they properly gel together can definitely contest in the future for it and perhaps sneak into the Uefa Cup spots this season. I hope they do.

As for Berbatov moving to United.... its good for Bulgarian football that he has gone to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Don't know how quickly he will adapt to the squad but I assume rather quickly as he is a top class striker and has very good EPL experience while at Spurs, aswell as prior European experiences. Although I have never been a fan of ManU and I doubt I ever will, I do wish him the best there.... I really hoped he would go to Barcelona and do aswell as Stoichkov there.... that would have been spectacular!

Martin Petrov still remains my favourite Bulgarian player though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 586
Age : 29
Country and city : Los Angeles
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:00 am

All the attacking/winged mids at Man City have been in top form. Maybe Robinho will act as an out and out striker, it doesn't seem logical, but nor does benching any of those players while they're in such form. Or maybe it's time for the old Rafa Benitez rotation. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Now I see the same problem at Man Utd with Berbatov, Rooney sure as hell as isn't going to settle for the bench, he can hardly get subbed without getting his panties in a bundle. Tevez doesn't pitch the same fit, but it's hard to see him being a second choice. Maybe Man Utd is going to go for a 3-striker attack, but how will that effect Ronaldo's return to the squad? Berbatov's as good a finisher as both of them.

You know, maybe we're all wrong. Maybe the EPL's about to employee an extra-player rule and from now on football in England we'll be played 12 vs 12, and I personally cannot wait!
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 256
Age : 31
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:30 am

I believe that because of the fact that Berbatov is your typical center forward he will be partnered with either Rooney or Tevez. These two are the ones who are going to be rotated throughout the season.
Berbatov is not there to run around like crazy but to tap in goals with his first touch or hold the ball and make assists. Tevez or Rooney will be the ones running around him, supporting him, creating space and trying to get to ball to him so he can finish.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:38 am

Trequartista wrote:
All the attacking/winged mids at Man City have been in top form. Maybe Robinho will act as an out and out striker, it doesn't seem logical, but nor does benching any of those players while they're in such form. Or maybe it's time for the old Rafa Benitez rotation. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Now I see the same problem at Man Utd with Berbatov, Rooney sure as hell as isn't going to settle for the bench, he can hardly get subbed without getting his panties in a bundle. Tevez doesn't pitch the same fit, but it's hard to see him being a second choice. Maybe Man Utd is going to go for a 3-striker attack, but how will that effect Ronaldo's return to the squad? Berbatov's as good a finisher as both of them.

You know, maybe we're all wrong. Maybe the EPL's about to employee an extra-player rule and from now on football in England we'll be played 12 vs 12, and I personally cannot wait!

I've spoke to some Man U supporters about this and they say Carlos can't be benched and that Wayne will flip out if he gets it. The thing is, Fergie can handle this. Look at the amount of quality midfielders they have and how happy they are to spend a few games on the bench. With Wayne, there is a general feeling that he needs to develop his game. A few guys I know have said that he is too elaborate, tries too much when you want him to just lash it into the back of the net. Fergie signing Dimitar may give him that impetus.

When I saw Dimitar at Leverkusen, I laughed at him...thought he was useless, but since then he has changed his game and I can now see what he was trying to do when he was 18/19. Top player.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:37 am

Rooney is and has always been over rated in my opinion - a good solid player but nothing as spectacular as United and English fans make him out to be.... he needs to realise Ronaldo, Tevez and now Berbatov are better than him and more important to the United cause. For me, out of the 4, he is the one who needs to be benched - not all the time, but more so than the others if Ferguson keeps his usual formation and tactics.

When I saw Berbatov at Leverkusen I was real excited and knew he would become a good player for Bulgaria and whatever club he is at. He has surprised me though at how well and fast he adapted to the EPL and how well he has done there making some defenders look so silly.... bravo Dimitar!

He is surely one of the best traditional strikers in the world currently.... I still remember that incredible goal he scored against riomma for Leverkusen in the UCL Very Happy a quality player who hopefully helps us qualify for WC 2010 along with the many other English based Bulgarian players like Martin Petrov, Stilian Petrov and Valeri Bojinov!
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 784
Age : 26
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:26 am

BERBA!!



http://i.data.bg/08/09/02/1132701_orig.jpg

A great transfer for him and a great transfer for all bulgarian fans!
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 pm

How have the media and fans in Bulgaria responded to Berbatov moving to United? All very happy or....
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 784
Age : 26
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:20 pm

Alot of people are really, really happy about it, but like you know there are some people who dislike him and say he can't play big games and can't score in important games, but they are just envious ...

It's normal for a small country like Bulgaria to be really happy about Mitko and to celebrate this day, but like I said there are still some people who don't want to hear this news ..


На английски ми е трудно да намеря точните думи с които да обясня случващото се около трансфера .. Голяма част от феновете в България се радват за трансфера му и са горди с това, но има една част (някои леврскари) които просто не исакт да повярват че това се е случило и говорят какви ли не глупости за него .. че бил много слаб в националния отбор, че не можел да вкарва във важните мачове, а аз ги контрирам с това че е голмайстор номер 2 в историята на България. :)
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:28 pm

Thats cool. Thanks for the info mate. I don't really keep too much up to date with what happens in Bulgaria all the time. Its definitely good for Bulgaria that he is at a very good club, one of the best in the world and I really hope he does well there even though I have never liked United.

It would have been cool to see him link up with Petrov at City though like they do so well together for the NT Very Happy
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 784
Age : 26
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:31 pm

Yeah, It would be great to see him and Martin Petrov + Valeri Bojinov in one team, but I would rather want to see him in a big club like United (I also don't like them ..) winning cups and playing CL football. Like I said I don't like United, but I love Berbatov and If I can find a United shirt with his name I will take one :)
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:44 pm

martinese wrote:


На английски ми е трудно да намеря точните думи с които да обясня случващото се около трансфера .. Голяма част от феновете в България се радват за трансфера му и са горди с това, но има една част (някои леврскари) които просто не исакт да повярват че това се е случило и говорят какви ли не глупости за него .. че бил много слаб в националния отбор, че не можел да вкарва във важните мачове, а аз ги контрирам с това че е голмайстор номер 2 в историята на България. :)

Thank you for that and I understand you.... I don't know where to get a translator, I have searched but can not find anything, never mind its okay.... I have always been a fan of Dimitar since I saw him at Leverkusen - even though I have supported Levski Very Happy since I was younger.

As much as I like Berbatov I just can not bear to put on a United shirt - even though one of my best friends has supported them since ever since she lived in England.... and I also support Liverpool Very Happy .... I would get a City one with Petrov anytime however Very Happy infact I really want to get one but in NZ apart from silly poopy Rooney and Ronaldo ones there is not much choice.

When I first heard about his transfer I thought straight away he will do well there and surely help them win at least 1 trophy this season. But on some other forums some people think it is not good for him - and that did cross my mind. This is because as he is apparently at his 'dream club' he will not do as much for them as he will not be as motivated to attract the interests of big clubs like United. He is where he wants to be and may even be content to sit on the bench more than he should do for a player with such skills. Don't know how possible this is but just an interesting thought I think after reading it earlier on before. I guess it could happen but I don't think Dimitar is like that and seems to really want to win big things. I am sad for Spurs though because of how this all happened and from reports on how United approached him also is not fair.... but I guess he got what he wanted with the 'dream' move!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:41 pm

Bobbi wrote:
When I first heard about his transfer I thought straight away he will do well there and surely help them win at least 1 trophy this season. But on some other forums some people think it is not good for him - and that did cross my mind. This is because as he is apparently at his 'dream club' he will not do as much for them as he will not be as motivated to attract the interests of big clubs like United. He is where he wants to be and may even be content to sit on the bench more than he should do for a player with such skills. Don't know how possible this is but just an interesting thought I think after reading it earlier on before. I guess it could happen but I don't think Dimitar is like that and seems to really want to win big things. I am sad for Spurs though because of how this all happened and from reports on how United approached him also is not fair.... but I guess he got what he wanted with the 'dream' move!

if people read Nemanja Vidic's story, people would realise that argument makes no sense...
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2163
Age : 36
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:20 pm

There will never be a second Di Canio

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=847798
Back to top Go down
Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 135
Age : 25
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:40 pm

martinese wrote:
Yeah, It would be great to see him and Martin Petrov + Valeri Bojinov in one team, but I would rather want to see him in a big club like United (I also don't like them ..) winning cups and playing CL football. Like I said I don't like United, but I love Berbatov and If I can find a United shirt with his name I will take one :)

Really why?

Anyway on the United issue, with Berba, Tevez and Rooney there will only be outcome in my opinion. The rotation of Berba and Tevez and the permanant placing of Rooney.
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 784
Age : 26
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Bobbi wrote:

Thank you for that and I understand you.... I don't know where to get a translator

No, no! That's not the problem mate. I know english really well (I have a diploma from Cambridge), but last year I didn't use the language much and now I've forgoten some things and this year I won't let this continue :)

Sturges wrote:
Really why?

Why what ? Why I don't like United ? Because I really don't know why, but I've never liked the big and really, really rich clubs like Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Bayern, Liverpool, United ...
Back to top Go down
Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 135
Age : 25
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:00 am

martinese wrote:


Sturges wrote:
Really why?

Why what ? Why I don't like United ? Because I really don't know why, but I've never liked the big and really, really rich clubs like Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Bayern, Liverpool, United ...

Sorry just wondering, most fans say they dont like United, and I can never understand why, obviously im biased but still, makes me wonder even more when they arent direct rivals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   Today at 9:03 am

Back to top Go down
 
England - Premier League
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Fantasy Premier League
» 96 Premier League Standings
» ECNL and Premier League
» 20 seasons of the Barclays Premier League
» 10 most underrated premier league footballers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: FOOTBALL IN GENERAL :: The Mixed Zone-
Jump to: